Truthfully speaking, it still didn't feel quite real to have Chrysaetosoth at her side. Ciraine had been awestruck by how easily the little queen had fit into her...well, everything, almost to the point of wondering if it was strictly true; fortunately enough, her new lifemate wouldn't allow those doubts to linger for long. There was little use in things like that, and she wasn't about to have Ciraine get caught up in that. either. Especially not when they were just now getting acclimated to their life as weyrlings--they had far too much to do, and only so much time to do it in. Shards, they'd already been so wrapped up in each other that they'd barely had time to properly introduce (or re-introduce, as the case may be) themselves to the rest of their class.

It wasn't starting small--far from it, honestly. Nuamia was familiar, a friendly face that had been by her side on the Sands and had walked to the tables ahead of them with beautiful little Tzikwuth in tow. They weren't even that far off, either, and Chrysaetosoth couldn't complain about the short jaunt; Ciraine had quickly come to terms with the fact that she couldn't carry the Gold for that long, and although she'd sworn up and down that she'd do her best to at least get strong enough to do so for some amount of time, neither of them had many illusions about how quickly she was going to grow from here on out. Idly, she wondered how light Tzikwuth was--he was a dainty little thing, and Ciraine was still delighted that he'd chosen Nuamia. What was he like, she wondered?
Speaking of the two of them, they weren't that far off from them right now, roaming through the barracks during their day to day duties; maybe a little too far ahead for Ciraine to call for them out loud, but Chrysaetosoth had other ideas.

Nuamia--Mine would like to have a word with you and Yours, if you have the time. With that done, she wasted no more time in plopping herself down at Ciraine's feet, curling her tail back around the girl's legs. They weren't going anywhere--she'd already made the decision for them, and that was final. It's nothing grave, I should add. She'd love to meet Tzikwuth, and would like to introduce me to you properly as well.
Ciraine, meanwhile, was feeling the sting of nerves that went along with a first impression--it didn't help that meeting someone's dragon was somewhat of an important one, either. She did her best to smooth down her clothes, awkwardly trying to compose herself until she was interrupted by a gentle nudge through her bond. It wasn't forceful per se, but the unshakable certainty of the Gold's love had her holding her head just a little higher when she was done. Why should she worry when her dragon was here with her?
That--yeah, that works! Thank you for...getting their attention. She smiled, taking a deep breath to relax some of the tension still lingering in her bones. Definitely a better plan than me just shouting for them.

Of course it does. Chrysaetosoth's tone was laced with a dry sort of amusement, and her eyes whirled blue-green as she got comfortable in her chosen spot. Unsurprisingly, she knew best--who ever would have guessed such a thing? You'll like Tzikwuth. I'm sure of it.
And you'll like Nuamia! She really is great. Ciraine reached down to scritch behind one of Chrysaetosoth's headknobs, and the Gold tilted her head just enough to give Hers the best possible angle. We can visit the others later, too. There's--a lot of people to check in on now.

faesinger
o vo/