Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] A Matter of Pride (Kleoth, Shahinath + riders)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:45 pm
It never occurred to Kleoth that some of her children might have little interest in a familial bond, though Phryana had done what she could to try caution her. The queen simply couldn't grasp the concept, and she was eager to greet her children at the Feast. Phryana had waited until Kleoth had feasted before giving her a much needed bath and oiling. Then, she had enough time for her own bath, dressing in a simple, but elegant dress of white cloth and twisting her hair up.

After helping herself to a small plate of delectables, Phryana was first to point out the young man (who admittedly wasn't much younger than she was), cutting a fine figure next to her blue son. Shahinath, would you do me the honor of introducing me to your fine rider? Kleoth reached out, already prepared to praise her hatchling's choice. He wouldn't have been chosen if he had been anything less than perfect, after all.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:39 pm
It was entirely expected by Shahinath that his mother would want to see who he had chosen - he'd not had to settle as many of his clutchmates had and he expected she understood that he had only the truly finest of young men at his side. So when Kleoth reached out to him, he made no appeals - only his way to her with purposeful strides, leaving A'toka to fall into step beside him.

Walk faster and hold your head up - I won't have you stumbling behind me and scrambling to keep pace, Shahinath informed A'toka, critical but for what he saw as good reason. There was no reason for the man to still be fumbling with the sense of awe he felt. Why did he still seem so shocked, so lost in a dreamlike state about it?

At least A'toka had screwed his head on properly by the time the blue had reached his golden mother, spreading his wings out in a very 'behold me' fashion to gaze up upon her in greeting. I come with my A'toka, mother. Do look.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:56 am
If Phryana's lips twitched a little to see the blue dragonet walking forth with such confidence, presenting himself with a dramatic spreading of his wings. If his rider was a little less sure of himself, he could hardly be faulted. Her Impression had left her staggering, even if she did her best to mask it.

Kleoth lowered her head, her eyes a blur of purple whirling as she took her time in investigating Shahinath and his A'toka. Why, he seems like a strong and clever young man. A most appropriate selection, my dear. She sent a wave of affection to them both, her words audible to all present. It is a pleasure to meet you, A'toka.

"Congratulations," Phryana added. "Though I'll freely admit my bias before I tell you that your Shahinath is exceptional." All of Kleoth's children were. She would never bend on that point.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:17 pm
A'toka didn't need to stand any taller when Kleoth leaned down to look the pair over, but he did anyways - because Shahinath would accept no less of him and he saw no reason to give the blue more reason to nitpick over him.

He is, mother, he agreed, though from his tone it was clear the young blue had picked up that mighty fine compliment the gold had paid him. Why yes, he was strong and clever too. [

A'toka bowed his head to both dragon and her rider. "I'm honored that he was amongst the clutch," he'd not really thought particularly hard or dreamed about a future with a lifemate in a dragon. Not hung a future on it, but - You didn't know I would come for you - how could you imagine after all the dragons you've met that you'd know who you were looking for? This is simply why we know, not you. Shahinath pointed out. Really, the man wouldn't have recognized perfection or completion without him marching right up to present himself as such.

A shame, but all the better.

"But I am also biased - and he is perfect."

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:02 pm
"As you should be. Would you sit with us a while?" She pushed her laden plate into the middle, gesturing for A'toka to help himself. No one would go hungry--not after all the effort they'd put into fishing. "A'toka now, isn't it? A drastic change compared to most." He could take it as a simple observation or he could elaborate if he chose. She wouldn't press. It seemed to be a very personal decision, regardless if one was following it for mere tradition's sake or not.

That he spoke to sweetly to Kleoth had the gold's eyes whirling slowly with hints of blue. She reached out to gently nose him first, and then her son. I am overjoyed that you have found one another. She told them both. I expected nothing less. You will be mighty defenders of Pern.

Her bittersweet feelings before their Hatching had all but evaporated. They no longer needed her as they once did, true, but to see them take flight and fight as every dragon should... That was worth more than anything.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:04 pm
"For a while," he agreed, taking a seat - but holding a hand up to turn down her offer to share her own plate. "A'toka, yes. My mother was Aytoka," he allowed himself to share - and so readily at that. Somehow, he couldn't find it in himself to be bothered that he now carried her whole name as well as her face. Even if Shahinath was quite pointedly sitting on the mere idea.

Shahinath, for his part, craned his head up to receive his duly-deserved boop, though he was a touch too prideful to allow himself to reach too hard for it. No, she seemed quite inclined to come to him and he accepted it whole heartedly. As we all must be, he asserted as though it was plain fact, but he didn't seem offended that he was told he'd be great at what would come naturally to them all. I will leave none for you, mother. I hope you don't mind.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:21 pm
And just like that, it all made sense. Phryana made a soft noise of understanding, nodding as she slid the plate back to herself and popped a fruit in her mouth. "I never really knew my parents," She commented. Fair was fair, and without thinking, she offered up a fact of her own. "I was traded away when I was young." It was remarkable how she could speak of it so lightly, and there was not even a little trace of bitterness in her voice. "I resented it for a long time, but eventually it all led to Kleoth... so it's hard to be angry." That was the simple truth, and she smiled at A'toka.

Kleoth rumbled softly, not unlike a feline's purr. I would love nothing less, my son. Her warrior spirit would disagree, but she knew that despite all the ferocity in the world, it was never a guarantee. That was a lesson that her child would have to learn in time, and she was in no rush to disabuse him of it.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:21 am
A'toka frowned slightly - not piteous, but empathetic. "We experience the world in a way they don't have to," and perhaps that was why dragons liked candidates who were Searched, rather than Weyrborn. There was more breadth to them in a sense. "But I understand it so much better now," and he hoped, as much as Bukichi wouldn't want him to, that his brother would get to understand that too.

Shahinath basked in his mother's approval - of course she would understand. And he would learn in time that life was not as easy as he made it sound. But it would take a harsh dose of reality to learn that and it would come months away from then. Then I shall make it so.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out