Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP]Lessons and more lessons (Mhinadi/Va'len and dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:17 pm
If Mhinadi had thought there would be time to stop and collect her thoughts and take stock of what all had happened -- or changed, really -- after the Hatching and Impression and all of that food... she was wrong. Lessons had started up again immediately, even more important now that there were pairs trying to learn at the same time and on their own all at once.

It was, not to put too fine a put on it, a little exhausting. Especially when Scandiacuth didn't seem worn out at all. To the contrary, the green seemed entirely energized by new things and new facts and all the information constantly streaming in. She led the way into the barracks, but rather than head for her wallow as Mhinadi might have appreciated, she headed directly for where Valurinnth sat, planting herself a few steps away with a cheerful trill of greeting. You look awfully comfortable, Valurinnth. Do you mind if we sit with you?

Mhinadi didn't groan. It was a near thing. Instead, she stepped up beside the green and offered Va'len a slighly tired smile. "If neither of you mind, that it. If you do we can come back another time."

Don't be silly. This is a perfectly fine time, don't you think?

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:57 pm
It had been a bit of a whirlwind since he had Impressed. Between the Hatching, Impression, the Feast, and training immediately following, Mhinadi wasn't the only weyrling more than a little exhausted. Valurinnth was less so--but then, the little blue, along with all the weyrlings, was still young enough that he slept just as much as he played. Unfortunately, Va'len wasn't allowed as many naps, for the work of a weyrling was all but unending.

Thankfully, when Valurinnth was awake, it was easier for Va'len to remain so, and the two had taken up residence in the Barracks for the remainder of the evening. The blue dragon had been curled up with his, resting his head on his lap, even as Va'len gently stroked and pet him. The two had been conversing privately--with Va'len getting used to and practicing thinking at the dragon and not speaking aloud. He wasn't quite well practiced in it, but nobody would think twice to hear him speaking words or partial phrases to his blue. Certainly, Va'len was hardly aware of anyone else in the Barracks...

At least until Valurinnth's eyes changed color, and something in his body language changed. Sure enough, the dragon lifted his head as Scandiacuth approached, and while his eyes slowly whirled a blue-green, a small flash of red edged into the corners. He was not entirely put off though, and slowly relaxed back against his. Scandiacuth. He greeted, debating a reply.

Va'len did offer Mhinadi a tired smile, even as he continued to stroke his blue. "You can take a seat if you'd like. We're just enjoying a bit of downtime while we have it."

Valurinnth's tail tip did give a slightly irritated twitch, but Va'len was quick o sooth him. You may make yourself comfortable, if you wish it. Though he would not promise conversation, hmph. The fact that his time with his rider was being infringed upon was almost offensive, but Va'len seemed agreeable, so he would allow it. This time.

"You're Mhinadi, right? And Scandiacuth?" He recognized both from the Hatching but admittedly didn't know Mhinadi well from their time in Candidacy. Honestly, there were very few he'd come to know during his time at Western Weyr.

Samuel Carlin
Wasn't sure if you want them in more like a common room type area, or his cot/wallow but either is fine by me!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:35 pm
My, my my. Some of her brothers were just a little snippier than others, weren't they? Things to remember, for certain, in the future. Some, she thought, she could probably sit with whenever she chose to sit. And others...

"Thanks," Mhinadi answered and, true to the invitation, she sat where she'd stopped, folding her legs to sit cross-legged right there on the floor. Sitting down felt good. "Oh, you don't have to explain. My head sort of feels like it's either going to pop off or float away. The more downtime the better."

She nodded in acknowledgement. "Mhinadi," she agreed, tucking a thumb againdt her chest, and then putting a hand on Scandiacuth's shoulder as the green paced two circles around her before settling down.
Scamdiacuth. Which...is obvious. I mean, I'm not a dragon. Sorry. You're ... Valendyr?" Dragon names were easier, since her dragon knew them all.

Of course I know them all, darling. They're my brothers and sisters. You would remember your siblings names, wouldn't you? The green turned her attention to Valurinnth again, eyes spinning with contented blue. Thank you for letting us sit, Valurinnth. We're not bothering you over here, are we?

Uta
I think I was thinking the barracks, too, so that works!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:50 pm
Valurinnth watched Scandiacuth settle, along with her rider, on the floor. The blue refrained from making any judgment, which took great effort--but mostly pressed himself just that much closer to His. Not because he felt threatened or needed any reassurance--but because he was a very possessive little blue dragon. Thankfully, Va'len was able to privately soothe him, which did take a little bit of the edge off.

The young man did smile and offer a nod to Mhinadi, giving only a slight correction. "It's Va'len now, actually... But I went by Valendyr for so long I wouldn't think twice about answering to it." He'd always thought he'd follow after his sister and name himself Va'dyr, but Valurinnth much preferred keeping the beginning of their names shared. "Val and Va'l, I suppose," he mused, pleased as punch that both his name and his dragon's name began the same. Of all the names in the world, it seemed even more special that the two names were so similar--destiny, clearly.

"Congratulations on Impressing, by the way," he spoke, eager to send his genuine cheer at his fellow weyrlings. It was hard to believe how different life was even after so short a time with Valurinnth. Surely, she wasn't the only one who felt that. "How long had you been standing, if you don't mind me asking?" The Candidate Barracks were large enough it was hard to keep trap of who-was-who or their stories. While he recognized seeing Mhinadi at the Touching, and some of the chores most recently...faces and names were easily blurred together.

He wasn't usually so sociable but since Valurinnth had found him, he felt like a different person altogether.

Valurinnth, for his part, did crane his neck to regard his pale, green, clutchmate. Still, he kept his eyes whirling a pleasant blue, and didn't appear actively aggrieved. No, I suppose you aren't. Was there something in particular you wished of Mine and myself, or simply a spot of company? He figured he might as well cut right to the heart of the matter. If she had business with them, then they could get it over with--but if she simply wanted their attention, well. He supposed he was in good enough humor to oblige.

Samuel Carlin

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:40 pm
"Va'len," Mhinadi echoed brightly, nodding. "I like it. I mean, not that it's up to me, of course, but I like it." Her smile turned into a grin. "And that's clever. Val and Va'l. It makes it easy to remember. It'll get easier, but there's so much for now, you know? Old names and new names and dragon names. I thought I had a pretty good memory, but i think I'm going to have to work a little harder now."

Then again, Scandiacuth, with her curiosity about everything that everyone was doing, would probably help in that regard. Not that that needed boasting.

Mhinadi puffed her cheeks out as she thought about the answer to that question. "Four," she started, then shook her head a little. "Maybe five Turns? It's weird. It feels like it's been a long time, and at the same time, not that long, at all. You've done it before, too, right? Stood for Impression, I mean."

Scandiacuth crossed one foreleg over the other, making it clear that she was comfortable right there where she was. Nothing specific. I just thought it might be nice to sit, a bit. It's hard to talk to everyone all at once. Company, yes, company is better one to one, I think.

Uta

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff