Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Breakfast with Friends (Tihr/A'toka+Dergs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:01 pm
Tihrokat hardly knew what to do with himself. His life had been utterly changed, far more deeply than he'd expected or even known was possible. Oh, he'd paid attention in the lessons he'd had in the short time he'd been at the Weyr, but he hadn't understood. It was hard to do anything but stare at Leucoceth, who certainly didn't mind such appreciation. Fortunately, there wasn't much for them to do in preparation for the Feast, so they had time to take a much-needed nap, snuggled together with Wisp tucked in to make for a proper cuddlepile.

When he woke, it was with a much clearer head, though with no less adoration, and changed into the clothes he'd been given for the Feast - they surely weren't as fancy as what others would likely have, but they were clean and fit well, and he'd look fetching enough in them. Leucoceth might have preferred something more, but as His seemed happy with them, they would do for now. He was a handsome boy, anyway, and even the simple outfit looked good on him.

And besides, he had about the flashiest accessory anyone could want. Leucoceth absolutely strutted beaide him into the Dining Hall, after showing off appropriately for his parents and giving and receiving all due affection. Where shall we go first, Mine?

Surely there would be plenty who wished to adore and congratulate them!

"Can we eat first? I'm starving."

Okay, yes, good point, that was necessary! Of course! We'll get you ALL the food!
As much as you want!

With Leucoceth following beside him and watching his choices with great fascination, Tihrokat piled a plate with food and took it to a table to dig in. He really was starving, between waking up so early and then experiencing his dragon's hunger...and Western's food was far better than anything he'd had in a long, long time.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:13 am
The *first* person that Mato- No A'toka had wanted to introduce Shahinath to had been Faroe and Neliath - though Shahinath had made a small detour before that to spread his wings and show himself off to his father. It had been far too long of a wait to properly meet the bronze, after all, and he'd been quick to swoop in to both correct that oversight (he did not fault his mother for it, of course, nor the bronze himself) and to make sure Pipith knew who his best son was - hopefully before anybody else tried to sully that position themselves.

But it felt far too soon that A'toka had been pulled from his mother-figure by the desperate appeal of his own hunger - as Shahinath's had now faded and was replaced with nothing but a content smugness. Oh yes, the blue certainly carried himself with nothing but a suave grace, head high and wings ever so neatly tucked (A'toka would not tell on him for it having taken a few tries to look just right), a swagger of pride to be at his lifemate's side. It was such a pure love that A'toka had, albeit in private, descended into tears about it before he'd cleaned himself up and become presentable for the Feast.

Which is why you cannot simply collapse from hunger - it's unbecoming and a bad impression to make. Shahinath huffed as he lifted his head to try and peer at the spread of food on the table even as A'toka looked over it to start piling his particular desires onto his plate - and it seemed he wasn't the only one.

"Tihrokat," he greeted the young man who'd been standing with him on the sands, though they'd not been strangers in the time at the feeding table or while oiling their dragons - Shards, he'd not really expected it to happen - And why not? Surely you'd not think I'd have passed you by. Do I look stupid? There was a mild tone of offense in the blue's voice and A'toka reached down with a hand to smooth it over his head. "The good kind of disbelief, I promise - because you're perfect." This was, of course, appeasing.

"Feels like I have the hunger of ten men now," he said, looking back to Tihrokat once Shahinath was appeased from the man's weird muddled feelings. The blue, for his part, peered at his brother - and if he drew himself up to try and look a touch more magnificent next to the bronze, it was absolutely not because he was sure onlooking eyes were making a comparison, nope.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:17 pm
"A'toka!" the fledgling bronzerider greeted his fellow weyrling with all of his characteristic enthusiasm, inwardly congratulating himself for remembering to use the new version of his name. Fortunately, since he hadn't been much acquainted at all with most of the rest of those who'd Impressed, it was the only bit of re-learning he needed to do. As for his own name, well, he'd thought about it, and considered the options back and forth with Leucoceth. T'kat, T'ik, T'ok, T'oka (that totally wouldn't be confusing) Ti'r, Ti't....yeah. Suffice to say, they had determined that Tihrokat would do just fine.

He'd not expected to have the company of another weyrling so soon into the Feast, as he'd assumed they mostly had friends and family to mingle with, but evidently A'toka was as hungry as he was. "I've never been so hungry in my life," he admitted, pausing to shovel in another mouthful of food. He at least chewed and swallowed it before continuing, "I guess it's normal?"

There had been times in his life when he had been very, very hungry indeed, including not so long ago, but this was different somehow, since the hunger he felt was only partially alone. He looked to A'toka for confirmation, since the other boy had been here longer - he'd not been Impressed for much longer, true, but he'd been at the Weyr longer, so he got the luck of being looked to as something of an authority when it came to, well, Weyr things.

Brother, Leucoceth acknowledged, and if he happened to notice his brother posing, and happened to also pose...well, surely it was a coincidence and not some manner of contest.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:44 pm
"It must be - I should have asked Faroe," A'toka thought in retrospect, though in the moment he'd been too busy being rabidly in love and borderline gushing all of his feelings out all over the woman while Shahinath had sat with his best noble posing to make sure he looked absolutely the part of the praise.

Leucoceth, Shahinath regarded in turn, making no effort to try and out-pose his brother - there was surely enough room for them both to be magnificent and he also knew he looked much better, thank you very much. What an appropriate amount of fanfare this whole event is - have you gone to see father yet? He was hoping the answer was no and that he was, of course, the smartest and most on the ball of their siblings to have made such introductions.

A'toka, however, did notice the unspoken pose-off going on between the brothers, smiling slightly at it. "It feels appropriate they put out so much good food for the occasion though - it would be a waste and a shame to not have the appetite for it, yeah?"

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:12 pm
"Faroe?" Tihrokat asked, curious. It wasn't a name he recognized, but then he hadn't been at Western nearly long enough to know much more than the bare necessities of who was who. Obviously a friend of his friend, which was enough to spark his interest!

Isn't it great? Leucoceth agreed, and, satisfied with the pose he had struck, settled himself into a sit beside His - though he looked quite regal doing that as well, thank you. Mine couldn't be happier, especially with the food. And of course, the bronze appreciated all the fuss, but he was particularly happy that His was happy. He had been awfully hungry, after all. As for Father... I did! He was very pleased to see me. If he preened a little there, what of it?

Tihr was tangentially aware of the little pose-off, but for perhaps the first time since he'd Impressed, was actually mostly focused on things not His, between his friend and the delicious food to distract him from staring at his dragon in a haze of warm-fuzzy feelings for the moment. At a small peep from the firelizard on his shoulder, he redirected the fork that was on its way to his mouth to her instead, so that she could pull off the bit of curried wherry he'd been intending to eat. He had a plate full of goodies, so...no harm in sharing! "I've never seen this much food in one place," he admitted. Prepared food, at least. "And it all tastes as good as it looks! I'll appreciate as much of it as they'll let me have."

Not that he'd wanted for food since being Searched, but this was special food and there was much more of it than usual! And for someone who'd been something of a bottomless pit even before Impressing a hungry baby dragon, that was very exciting.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff