Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Slippery when Silly (Mhinadi/Nemeryn and dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:48 pm
Oiling time. If it wasn't time to eat, or sleep, it was time to slap on another coat oil, wasn't it? Even with such a little time to find the line between what bothered her and what was troubling her dragon, Mhinadi was lesrning to predict a twitching in her skin as sign that some inch of green dragonhide was about to sprout a new itch.

She thought.

And so she'd gone for the oil and her paddle.

That's not where I itch, Scandiacuth was insisting, having caught the end of the paddle in her teeth so she could redirect it. It's over here, under my wing!

"Which is all well and good," Mhinadi argued, tugging back on the paddle, "but don't just pull the thing out of my hand. You're not supposed to eat that any-- wait!" The handle slipped out of her grip as Scandiacuth pulled hard, flinging her head to one side... and nearly hitting Lailokenth with it as Mhinadi klet go. Almost.

Bcause the green spat the paddle out and it clattered to the floor instead of striking either the brown or his rider. Forunately. Lailokenth! Hello! What a surprise to see you!

The paddle made a slow couple of spins on the barracks floor before stopping harmlessly.

Cheeks a little flushed, Mhinadi said, "Oops, sorry. Hi."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:15 pm
As the paddle skittered across the floor, Lailokenth eyed it with red eyes, disapproving and offended all at once. It didn't matter that he hadn't been struck--it was the principle of the thing. Nemeryn's expression was similarly dour, but unlike the brown's, his naturally seemed to be stuck that way. Mhinadi was eyed before he gave an awkward nod of acknowledgement. He'd have loved nothing more than to stay silent, but it had been made abundantly clear that such a thing would not be tolerated. These were his fellow Weyrlings. His new 'crew', of sorts.

Is it? He asked dryly. Despite his naturally aggressive tendencies, the brown wasn't opposed to spending time with his siblings. Currently, he itched to the point of wanting to rub his own hide raw, so Nemeryn was preparing to oil him yet again. Shocking as it may be, sister, my hide requires oil even more frequently than yours. All to accommodate his size, of course--never mind that he was already small for a brown. Still, the words weren't meant maliciously.

After a moment of consideration, Nemeryn stopped to scoop up the paddle that had been dropped, offering it back to Mhinadi. "S'fine. The stuff sticks to your skin." The oil, he meant. He'd already nearly slipped several times when he'd made a mess of it...

Samuel Carlin

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:33 pm
It is! Scandiacuth responded cheerfully as if she hadn't noticed that her brother wasn't in the mood. Maybe not even really for company -- probably not, but certainly not for silliness and near misses. If I'd known you were standing there, I would have said hello much sooner. She tilted her head to consider jhim for a moment, then admitted, I'm not particularly shocked. Now, if you said that you needed more oil because you wanted to drink it, I'd be shocked. And a little judgey, probably.

Mhinadi took the paddle with a murmur of thanks, then blurted, "It does, doesn't it? I always think I'm being careful -- well, except just now; sorry, again -- and then I put the paddle back and I've got oil everywhere! I had to scrub my hair twice, this morning, and I swear I didn't even touch it."

"So I won't shake your hand," she excused. "But I normally would. I'm Mhinadi -- Mhadi -- nice to see you not-on-the-Sands."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:02 pm
Lailokenth snorted, but seemed more amused with his sibling than anything. I think you'd find it interesting to say the least, Scandiacuth. The red had mostly faded from his eyes, and he waited pointedly for Nemeryn to finish his own conversation.

"You didn't hit me or Lailokenth, so no harm done." He shrugged, but seemed inclined to listen to what she was saying. It was a relatable conversation, since he wasn't particularly interested in getting oil in his considerable amount of hair.

"Nemeryn." He nodded, stepping aside to grab his own bucket of oil and paddle. The brown hatchling shook his wings out, grunting with appreciation as the soothing substance was smoothed over the worst of his itchy hide. Social chatter was his weakest skill, but... well. Basics. Be polite. Ask them questions. "Were you at Western long? Before..." Well, he gestured broadly at her green dragon.

Samuel Carlin

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:28 pm
Well, the pale greeen allowed. You couldn't really blame me if I did, now could you? It's hardly the most interesting thing about you, but it would be different.

"Nemeryn," she echoed. "Nice to meet you, all official-like." It was a curious thing, recognizing faces in a class of Candidates and yet realizing how little they really knew about each other after all the lessons and chores were said and done. Spend enough time around one another and it sort of seemed like everyone had always been there, but that wasn't really true, was it?

In Mhinadi's case, though: "All my life," came the cheerful answer. "I was born here. Never lived anywhere else. I'll get to see some other places now. I always sort of wanted to, but I don't think I'd ever leave for good." Which wasn't exactly what he asked, was it? "What about you?"

Tsunake"

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff