[PRP] HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS [ double T dergs + riders

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:03 pm
Enough time had passed since the hatching that F'ell felt it was finally acceptable for Teth to be allowed near the newest members of the Weyr. The brownrider didn't particularly enjoy denying his dragon such basic things as interactions with others, but the incident of Teth's own doing at the hatching he had sired had somewhat prompted a more cautious streak in the young man, even if most in the Weyr had either forgotten for forgiven by now.

The brown in question had long since forgetten the drama he'd caused, save only for F'ell's slightly heavier hand during events now like Flights and Hatchings, but overall the massive dragon wasn't too bothered. He may never be allowed to sire again, would luck that come by, but there was plenty of family he had now to love and fawn over.

Case in point, their early venture out on the beach. F'ell wasn't sure if any of the new weyrlings would be out here but at the very least another dragon would be and that would give Teth someone to talk to. He'd behaved himself so well during the Hatching that it was only right he get a chance to give and get love, regardless of how the other party felt about it.

The sun still rising and the temperature just right, Teth stood with his claws in the water, wings splayed as he accepted the morning breezes from the surf. When he stood there silently, eyes closed and thoughts calm, he was a perfect dragon that could take away breathe. A bit behind him, seated on the sands, F'ell sketched away in his ratty notebook, hands already stained with fresh charcoal.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:58 pm
Tuinunuth didn't know what grandparents were, so when the thought—there's Tuinunuth's grandfather—flashed through his mind, the bronze stopped dead in his tracks, picking over the phrase before asking,

What's a grandfather?

There. That dragon in the water is your mother's father. Your grandfather. Or grandsire, I suppose. Teth. They had met turns ago, but even without knowledge of the big brown's short memory, Bren doubted he would be remembered.

Should I say hi? It was rare for the hatchling to ask before intruding, but this grandfather was huge.

I'm sure he'd like that very much. Just stay on the shore. Given that Tuinunuth had been excited to come here specifically to roll in the sand, Brenley didn't think that request would be difficult to follow.

The little dragon took off at a run, wings continuing to flap as he came to a surprisingly careful stop just before his toes hit water. He stared up at Teth, eyes a bright blue-violet. Hello! I hope I'm not bothering you! My name is Tuinunuth! Your wings are so good!

houllow

Smerdle

Scamp

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:13 pm
It was F'ell who turned first at the greeting, as he'd heard the dragonet coming long before he saw him. It was hard not to miss the sound of something running, especially something clearly not used to running while not flapping their wings, and the brownrider raised an eyebrow at the approach of a tiny bronze. Ah. That was the extent of his interest and he went back to his sketching, though he would raise his head now and then to make sure his dragon was behaving and hadn't...accidentally drowned a baby.

For Teth, his attention was pulled away from the breeze at the sudden greeting, and he turned with sparkling blue eyes to greet the tiny newcomer. Hi Tuinunuth!! My name's Teth and thank you!!! If it were possible to spread his wings even more he would have, though in this case Teth gave them a bit of a flap before allowing them back out to their full unfurl. They were massive indeed, and even his small flap had been enough to swirl up enough sand that F'ell was behind, dusting off his clothing and his notebook. And you're never a bother, this place is always open. Did you come to feel the breeze too?? It's so wonderful in the morning, Mine and me come out here to do this all the time. Carefully he turned his head back towards the horizon as another breeze came through, his eyes closed.

When the breeze halted he looked back down, daring to lower his muzzle close enough to view the baby. He was still rather calm in all of this, but F'ell suspected the dots just hadn't quite connected yet. Perhaps the massive brown was still somewhat asleep?

Smerdle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:00 pm
I don't know if Mine comes for the breeze, but he does wake up really early to walk around. I wanted to see the sand again, so we came here today! I'm not allowed to visit the place where I hatched anymore. He squared his stance and flared his wings like Teth, remaining fairly still as he was examined. I did know your name already, if I'm being honest. My rider told me! He also said you're my grandfather! Is that true? So much for dropping hints. Did you know Mama when she was Chrysaetosoth's size? He couldn't imagine it himself, but it had to be true. He also couldn't imagine being any larger than he was now, but everyone said it would happen before he knew it.

Bren took his time on the approach, conscious of how careful Tuinunuth was being about the water and confident that the brown and his rider wouldn't hurt him. He stopped within conversing distance, but not so close that he could see F'ell's sketches. He took out a notebook of his own and while he seemed poised to write something down, he found himself staring at his dragon instead.

"Good morning." He would have left it at that pre-impression, had he even found himself in this position at all, but for the first time he made the effort. "This is a wonderful spot."

houllowww

Smerdle

Scamp

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:28 pm
Teth was quiet for a moment and F'ell inwardly braced himself. He needed worry too much, for Teth had always proven to be gentle with dragonets (and human children), but this dragonet had a specific tie to him and therefore....well. He paused in his sketching of the new addition to his drawing, mostly shapes at the moment, and narrowed his eyes at the interaction.

He was startled from that moment of breath holding at a voice behind him, and he turned to look up at the newest addition to the Weyrling. The face felt...familiar? The voice as well, but - whatever. "You're welcome to sit, if you want. You'll regret standing one Teth realizes that baby is his grandchild."

No sooner had those words left F'ell's mouth than a sudden gush of air and sand and water filled the area, Teth's excitement of a jump, coupled with a flap of his wings, accented the delighted bugle he released. Wave after wave of delight and joy and love and all other happy feelings rolled over anyone unlucky enough to be nearby, and Teth lowered his snout down even more to properly nose the little bronze.

Oh, you're my Kleoth's!! Yes, of course you are - you're so wonderful just like she is! So much love radiated from the brown, his eyes bouncing back and forth between purple and blue and green at such a rate it was like they were a swirl. And yes!! She was so little, all of them were - you should meet them all. They're all so wonderful, just like you're so wonderful! I'm so happy to meet you. He nosed at the little bronze once more before giving a little bit of space, though his excitement was still there. Were he human and with arms, the poor child that Tuinunuth was would be wrapped in a warm embrace. And about the sands - maybe one day when you are ready to be a Papa you will be on the sands again, to see your babies.

He didn't want to fill this child, this sweet young dragon, with false hope of any kind - but surely any of Kleoth's children would one day father clutches and bring pride to Pern. He simply couldn't imagine that they wouldn't. Do you like sand? The topic seemed to jump, but if you were Teth it'd make sense, really.

As for F'ell? He looked up at Bren as he attempted to brush the sand from his face once more, smearing charcoal across his cheeks and nose.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:00 pm
For a second or two Tuinunuth was rather confused—the mild spike of anxiety that his rider was obviously trying to suppress left the dragon's thoughts whirling with potential intention—but that moment was soon drowned out by the wash of joy that emanated from Teth. He bounced in shared excitement, trying to boop boop boop so much that he looked like a pecking wherry.

I'm happy to meet you too! And I want to be friends with as many of Mama's clutchmates as I can! He paused again at the mention of having babies of his own, but when he was unable to piece together the 'how' of that statement, he came back to the more comprehensible topic. I do like sand! A lot! It's fun to roll around in! His rider hadn't said as much, but he got the idea it wouldn't be that way forever. And standing in it's good too. I like wiggling my toes around! His feet squeezed into alternating fists as if to demonstrate.

Brenley froze, considering F'ell's warning with a nod and taking a seat just in time. While he was still quite certain that Tuinunuth wouldn't be deliberately hurt, all that stomping was prompting a panicked thought or two. When there was a break in the enthusiasm, he shook sand from his clothes, silently eyeing F'ell's charcoal smear for a little too long. "Sorry if we're disturbing you. Um... you... have something on your face. Though I'm assuming that happens a lot with art, so..." He could just leave it there. Bren didn't mind.

houllow

Smerdle

Scamp

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas