Submit

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:56 pm
Mhinadi really was smitten with the little green, but said, "Aw, she's not a traitor. She just loves the scritches, don't you? When it comes down to it, you're her best friend. The rest of us are just extras." Extras with fingers just perfect for getting all the itchy spots.

She looked up again, but her gaze lifted and she thought and tried to remember hearing about a huge clutch of eggs. "I... think I remember that? Was it just one dragon that laid them all?"

houllow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:55 pm
"No there were....two Queens? They just rose and clutched so close together that they were basically a single hatching." Oreune would certainly be looking more into this later since it was ridiculously common knowledge, and she cursed herself for not having absolute certainty on all these things. "Yeah, two Queens. I think one of them had to have nearly seventy eggs, or was that all together?"

Either way it had been huge, but also was certainly before her time as a candidate so maybe she could be forgiven for not knowing a hundred percent? Plus she was at Western Weyr and not High Reaches - though wasn't that double hatching the start of more strained relations between the Weyrs?

Really, she needed to pay attention more.

"I've heard some folks call this a double clutch situation too, but since it's not at the same Weyr it doesn't really count to me."

Samuel Carlin

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:55 pm
Mhadi nodded a few times enthusiastically. "I thought there was more than one, but I didn't remember for sure. Still, I think I remember it. I wasn't there," obviously, "but I do remember hearing there were a lot of eggs."

More nodding. "I was going to say that, too! That it's kind of the same way this time, I guess, except that it's different Weyrs this time. Maybe it's more of them. Maybe Southern has a clutch on the Sands too. Wouldn't that be weird?"

houllow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:25 pm
"I mean..." Oreune paused, trying to gather her thoughts. "If Thread really is coming back as bad as they say it is it makes sense that there are going to be clutches closer and closer together - I'm pretty sure that Kleoth's isn't the only one on the Sands right now, just the only one close enough for a touching." She could remember always seeing Queens of some sort on the Sands at different times, but maybe it was because this was a maiden flight it was a bigger deal? That....actually would make sense, but Oreune had no way of really confirming it. Plus it wasn't like she could ask A'ral his reasons on how they did thing either, not that she would. She didn't want to specifically go looking for trouble.

And by sands of course, she meant all sands - not just Western.

Wow, her thoughts were complicated.

"All I know now is that we're going to have a lot of really restless folks up until the shells start popping. I...might be one of them, thanks to your meddling."

Samuel Carlin

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:30 pm
Mhinadi laughed out loud at that. "You're welcome!" She was pretty proud of herself, really, for turning a skeptic into an at least temporary optimist. She might not have had the exact words to say so, but that was how she felt. "You should be restless like the rest of us. It wouldn't be fair if you got to go out on the Sands all reted up and feeling good while none of the rest of us had slept for days."

"And," she added, "if you get really restless and can't sleep or something, yopu can always come wake ne up. If I'm sleeping at all. I can't promise I will."

houllow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:53 am
At the mention of sleep, Oreune decided that it might be best to actually go and try some of that. A Touching was an emotionally laborious affair, at least in her case, and all this relaxing and talking was starting to let the exhaustion catch up. "Speaking on then, I think I'm going to go take a nap before we're pulled in to doing anything else. I'll leave Loom here with you for now, she'll leave when you either ask her to go or she's ready to do her own thing again."

The little green chirped her approval and nestled more into Mhinadi, clearly wanting more pets for now. She wasn't ready for sleep, unlike Hers, so here was where she would stay.

"Thanks for the conversation, Mhin. I won't lie and say you've given me extreme hopes or anything but at least....I'm....a little...excited." That was a lot, especially from someone like her, and Oreune smiled to show the honesty of it. "I'll catch you later at lessons, okay?" With that she got to her feet and brushed out any wrinkles her clothing might have had, before turning to go with a parting wave.

Samuel Carlin
we can mark it closed here, or you can mark it with your next post!! than you for this RP, oreune is so glad to have a friend ;;;;

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas