Welcome to Gaia! ::

Day Dreams

Back to Guilds

Post Anything 

Tags: Bump, Links to free items, Tank thread, Polls 

Reply Day Dreams
Page Stretchers! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 2858 2859 2860 2861 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

you want gold?
yah
100%
 100%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 32

Lisenne

Beloved Lionheart

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:07 pm
Franz Werfel in Star Of The Unborn depicts a far future in which science and theology have been unified by Ursler's Fundamental Paradoxes. The Principle of the Infinitely Mobile Central Point of All Conceivable Orbits has established that the Earth really IS, in some way, the center of the universe, and the official Uranographer moves the stars around every night to spell out the day's news. This actually makes some sense in that statements like "the earth goes around the sun", or vice versa, imply that there is some absolute frame of reference.
The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster claims that "gravity" is actually the Flying Spaghetti Monster gently pushing us down with his noodly appendages. This theory is supported by the fact that people are taller now than during the stone age, and also more numerous: Clearly there is less gravity for each of us these days, and thus we grow taller.
Invoked by Charles Darwin in an essay 1842: What would the Astronomer say to the doctrine that the planets moved (not) according to the law of gravitation, but from the Creator having willed each separate planet to move in its particular orbit?
In Kurt Vonnegut's novel Slapstick, the protagonist and his sister theorize that gravity was once variable, which is how the Pyramids in Egypt were built. This turns out to be true when their theory is used by the Chinese to change gravity back to how it used to be. From that point on it varies daily.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy holds that learning to fly is a fairly simple manner. All one has to do is throw oneself at the ground... and miss, at which point physics will happily ignore what you're doing as long as you yourself don't think about it too hard. Several characters successfully achieve flight in this manner. It's pointed out in analysis that, From a Certain Point of View, this is actually true: being in orbit is literally a case of moving so quickly horizontally that you keep missing the ground while falling.
1984: As O'Brien puts it, "I could be floating in front of you right now if I wish it. Right now I do not wish it, because it does not suit the Party."
Live Action TV
Music
Stand-Up Comedy
Tabletop Games
Web Comics
Web Original
Western Animation
Real Life
"Only a theory", other theories than gravity and evolution
Literature
Music
Video Games
Web Comics
Real Life

Feedback
Video Example(s):
Gravity Disproved In 2 Minutes
The Amazing Atheist does a Take That! to Josh Feuerstein and his reasoning against evolution in "Gravity Disproved In 2 Minutes", where his character Josh Moronstein uses the same line of logic as Feuerstein to "disprove" that gravity is real using a helium-filled balloon.

Alternative Title(s): Intelligent Falling
Previous
Index
Next
For Science!
Anti-Intellectualism
I Don't Pay You to Think
Gravity Is a Harsh Mistress
Gravity Tropes
Gravity Is Purple
Good and Evil for Your Convenience
Philosophy Tropes
Heteronormative Crusader
Go to Your Room!
Stock Phrases
Grudging "Thank You"
Cruel and Unusual Death
Sandbox/No Real Life Crowner Candidates
Would Be Rude to Say "Genocide"
Gratuitous Laboratory Flasks
Tropes on Science and Unscience
Hard on Soft Science
Grave Robbing
WeAreNotAlone/Tropes E to L
Greaser Delinquents
Grass Is Greener
TruthInTelevision/G to I
Gray Rain of Depression
The Amazing Atheist
VideoSource/Internet
"I Am Great!" Song
Gravity Is A Harsh Seamstress
Comedy Tropes
Greeting Gesture Confusion
Full-Circle Revolution
ImageSource/Comic Books
I Lied  
Franz Werfel in Star Of The Unborn depicts a far future in which science and theology have been unified by Ursler's Fundamental Paradoxes. The Principle of the Infinitely Mobile Central Point of All Conceivable Orbits has established that the Earth really IS, in some way, the center of the universe, and the official Uranographer moves the stars around every night to spell out the day's news. This actually makes some sense in that statements like "the earth goes around the sun", or vice versa, imply that there is some absolute frame of reference.
The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster claims that "gravity" is actually the Flying Spaghetti Monster gently pushing us down with his noodly appendages. This theory is supported by the fact that people are taller now than during the stone age, and also more numerous: Clearly there is less gravity for each of us these days, and thus we grow taller.
Invoked by Charles Darwin in an essay 1842: What would the Astronomer say to the doctrine that the planets moved (not) according to the law of gravitation, but from the Creator having willed each separate planet to move in its particular orbit?
In Kurt Vonnegut's novel Slapstick, the protagonist and his sister theorize that gravity was once variable, which is how the Pyramids in Egypt were built. This turns out to be true when their theory is used by the Chinese to change gravity back to how it used to be. From that point on it varies daily.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy holds that learning to fly is a fairly simple manner. All one has to do is throw oneself at the ground... and miss, at which point physics will happily ignore what you're doing as long as you yourself don't think about it too hard. Several characters successfully achieve flight in this manner. It's pointed out in analysis that, From a Certain Point of View, this is actually true: being in orbit is literally a case of moving so quickly horizontally that you keep missing the ground while falling.
1984: As O'Brien puts it, "I could be floating in front of you right now if I wish it. Right now I do not wish it, because it does not suit the Party."
Live Action TV
Music
Stand-Up Comedy
Tabletop Games
Web Comics
Web Original
Western Animation
Real Life
Literature
Music
Video Games
Web Comics
Real Life

Feedback
Video Example(s):
The Amazing Atheist does a Take That! to Josh Feuerstein and his reasoning against evolution in "Gravity Disproved In 2 Minutes", where his character Josh Moronstein uses the same line of logic as Feuerstein to "disprove" that gravity is real using a helium-filled balloon.

Previous
Index
Next
For Science!
Anti-Intellectualism
I Don't Pay You to Think
Gravity Tropes
Gravity Is Purple
Philosophy Tropes
Heteronormative Crusader
Go to Your Room!
Stock Phrases
Grudging "Thank You"
Cruel and Unusual Death
Hard on Soft Science
Grave Robbing
Greaser Delinquents
Grass Is Greener
TruthInTelevision/G to I
Gray Rain of Depression
The Amazing Atheist
VideoSource/Internet
"I Am Great!" Song
Comedy Tropes
Full-Circle Revolution
ImageSource/Comic Books
I Lied  

Lisenne

Beloved Lionheart

Lisenne

Beloved Lionheart

Live Action TV
Music
Stand-Up Comedy
Tabletop Games
Web Comics
Web Original
Western Animation
Real Life
Literature
Music
Video Games
Web Comics
Real Life

Feedback
Video Example(s):

Previous
Index
Next
For Science!
Anti-Intellectualism
I Don't Pay You to Think
Gravity Tropes
Gravity Is Purple
Philosophy Tropes
Heteronormative Crusader
Go to Your Room!
Stock Phrases
Grudging "Thank You"
Cruel and Unusual Death
Hard on Soft Science
Grave Robbing
Greaser Delinquents
Grass Is Greener
TruthInTelevision/G to I
Gray Rain of Depression
The Amazing Atheist
VideoSource/Internet
"I Am Great!" Song
Comedy Tropes
Full-Circle Revolution
ImageSource/Comic Books
I Lied  
Live Action TV
Music
Stand-Up Comedy
Tabletop Games
Web Comics
Web Original
Western Animation
Real Life
Literature
Music
Video Games
Web Comics
Real Life

Feedback
Video Example(s):

Previous
Index
Next
For Science!
Anti-Intellectualism
I Don't Pay You to Think
Gravity Tropes
Gravity Is Purple
Philosophy Tropes
Heteronormative Crusader
Go to Your Room!
Stock Phrases
Grudging "Thank You"
Cruel and Unusual Death
Hard on Soft Science
Grave Robbing
Greaser Delinquents
Grass Is Greener
TruthInTelevision/G to I
Gray Rain of Depression
The Amazing Atheist
VideoSource/Internet
"I Am Great!" Song
Comedy Tropes
Full-Circle Revolution
ImageSource/Comic Books
I Lied  

Lisenne

Beloved Lionheart

Lisenne

Beloved Lionheart

Live Action TV
Music
Stand-Up Comedy
Tabletop Games
Web Comics
Web Original
Western Animation
Real Life
Literature
Music
Video Games
Web Comics
Real Life

Feedback
Video Example(s):

Previous
Index
Next
For Science!
Anti-Intellectualism
I Don't Pay You to Think
Gravity Tropes
Gravity Is Purple
Philosophy Tropes
Heteronormative Crusader
Go to Your Room!
Stock Phrases
Grudging "Thank You"
Cruel and Unusual Death
Hard on Soft Science
Grave Robbing
Greaser Delinquents
Grass Is Greener
TruthInTelevision/G to I
Gray Rain of Depression
The Amazing Atheist
VideoSource/Internet
"I Am Great!" Song
Comedy Tropes
Full-Circle Revolution
ImageSource/Comic Books
I Lied  
Live Action TV
Music
Stand-Up Comedy
Tabletop Games
Web Comics
Web Original
Western Animation
Real Life
Literature
Music
Video Games
Web Comics
Real Life

Feedback
Video Example(s):

Previous
Index
Next
For Science!
Anti-Intellectualism
I Don't Pay You to Think
Gravity Tropes
Gravity Is Purple
Philosophy Tropes
Heteronormative Crusader
Go to Your Room!
Stock Phrases
Grudging "Thank You"
Cruel and Unusual Death
Hard on Soft Science
Grave Robbing
Greaser Delinquents
Grass Is Greener
TruthInTelevision/G to I
Gray Rain of Depression
The Amazing Atheist
VideoSource/Internet
"I Am Great!" Song
Comedy Tropes
Full-Circle Revolution
ImageSource/Comic Books
I Lied  

Lisenne

Beloved Lionheart

Lisenne

Beloved Lionheart

Live Action TV
Music
Stand-Up Comedy
Tabletop Games
Web Comics
Web Original
Western Animation
Real Life
Literature
Music
Video Games
Web Comics
Real Life

Feedback
Video Example(s):

Previous
Index
Next
For Science!
Anti-Intellectualism
I Don't Pay You to Think
Gravity Tropes
Gravity Is Purple
Philosophy Tropes
Heteronormative Crusader
Go to Your Room!
Stock Phrases
Grudging "Thank You"
Cruel and Unusual Death
Hard on Soft Science
Grave Robbing
Greaser Delinquents
Grass Is Greener
TruthInTelevision/G to I
Gray Rain of Depression
The Amazing Atheist
VideoSource/Internet
"I Am Great!" Song
Comedy Tropes
Full-Circle Revolution
ImageSource/Comic Books
I Lied  
Live Action TV
Music
Stand-Up Comedy
Tabletop Games
Web Comics
Web Original
Western Animation
Real Life
Literature
Music
Video Games
Web Comics
Real Life

Feedback
Video Example(s):

Previous
Index
Next
For Science!
Anti-Intellectualism
I Don't Pay You to Think
Gravity Tropes
Gravity Is Purple
Philosophy Tropes
Heteronormative Crusader
Go to Your Room!
Stock Phrases
Grudging "Thank You"
Cruel and Unusual Death
Hard on Soft Science
Grave Robbing
Greaser Delinquents
Grass Is Greener
TruthInTelevision/G to I
Gray Rain of Depression
The Amazing Atheist
VideoSource/Internet
"I Am Great!" Song
Comedy Tropes
Full-Circle Revolution
ImageSource/Comic Books
I Lied  

Lisenne

Beloved Lionheart

Lisenne

Beloved Lionheart

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:08 pm
Live Action TV
Music
Stand-Up Comedy
Tabletop Games
Web Comics
Web Original
Western Animation
Real Life
Literature
Music
Video Games
Web Comics
Real Life

Feedback
Video Example(s):

Previous
Index
Next
For Science!
Anti-Intellectualism
I Don't Pay You to Think
Gravity Tropes
Gravity Is Purple
Philosophy Tropes
Heteronormative Crusader
Go to Your Room!
Stock Phrases
Grudging "Thank You"
Cruel and Unusual Death
Hard on Soft Science
Grave Robbing
Greaser Delinquents
Grass Is Greener
TruthInTelevision/G to I
Gray Rain of Depression
The Amazing Atheist
VideoSource/Internet
"I Am Great!" Song
Comedy Tropes
Full-Circle Revolution
ImageSource/Comic Books
I Lied  
Live Action TV
Music
Stand-Up Comedy
Tabletop Games
Web Comics
Web Original
Western Animation
Real Life
Literature
Music
Video Games
Web Comics
Real Life

Feedback
Video Example(s):

Previous
Index
Next
For Science!
Anti-Intellectualism
I Don't Pay You to Think
Gravity Tropes
Gravity Is Purple
Philosophy Tropes
Heteronormative Crusader
Go to Your Room!
Stock Phrases
Grudging "Thank You"
Cruel and Unusual Death
Hard on Soft Science
Grave Robbing
Greaser Delinquents
Grass Is Greener
TruthInTelevision/G to I
Gray Rain of Depression
The Amazing Atheist
VideoSource/Internet
"I Am Great!" Song
Comedy Tropes
Full-Circle Revolution
ImageSource/Comic Books
I Lied  

Lisenne

Beloved Lionheart

Lisenne

Beloved Lionheart

Live Action TV
Music
Stand-Up Comedy
Tabletop Games
Web Comics
Web Original
Western Animation
Real Life
Literature
Music
Video Games
Web Comics
Real Life

Feedback
Video Example(s):

Previous
Index
Next
For Science!
Anti-Intellectualism
I Don't Pay You to Think
Gravity Tropes
Gravity Is Purple
Philosophy Tropes
Heteronormative Crusader
Go to Your Room!
Stock Phrases
Grudging "Thank You"
Cruel and Unusual Death
Hard on Soft Science
Grave Robbing
Greaser Delinquents
Grass Is Greener
TruthInTelevision/G to I
Gray Rain of Depression
The Amazing Atheist
VideoSource/Internet
"I Am Great!" Song
Comedy Tropes
Full-Circle Revolution
ImageSource/Comic Books
I Lied  
Live Action TV
Music
Stand-Up Comedy
Tabletop Games
Web Comics
Web Original
Western Animation
Real Life
Literature
Music
Video Games
Web Comics
Real Life

Feedback
Video Example(s):

Previous
Index
Next
For Science!
Anti-Intellectualism
I Don't Pay You to Think
Gravity Tropes
Gravity Is Purple
Philosophy Tropes
Heteronormative Crusader
Go to Your Room!
Stock Phrases
Grudging "Thank You"
Cruel and Unusual Death
Hard on Soft Science
Grave Robbing
Greaser Delinquents
Grass Is Greener
TruthInTelevision/G to I
Gray Rain of Depression
The Amazing Atheist
VideoSource/Internet
"I Am Great!" Song
Comedy Tropes
Full-Circle Revolution
ImageSource/Comic Books
I Lied  

Lisenne

Beloved Lionheart

Lisenne

Beloved Lionheart

Live Action TV
Music
Stand-Up Comedy
Tabletop Games
Web Comics
Web Original
Western Animation
Real Life
Literature
Music
Video Games
Web Comics
Real Life

Feedback
Video Example(s):

Previous
Index
Next
For Science!
Anti-Intellectualism
I Don't Pay You to Think
Gravity Tropes
Gravity Is Purple
Philosophy Tropes
Heteronormative Crusader
Go to Your Room!
Stock Phrases
Grudging "Thank You"
Cruel and Unusual Death
Hard on Soft Science
Grave Robbing
Greaser Delinquents
Grass Is Greener
TruthInTelevision/G to I
Gray Rain of Depression
The Amazing Atheist
VideoSource/Internet
"I Am Great!" Song
Comedy Tropes
Full-Circle Revolution
ImageSource/Comic Books
I Lied  
Live Action TV
Music
Stand-Up Comedy
Tabletop Games
Web Comics
Web Original
Western Animation
Real Life
Literature
Music
Video Games
Web Comics
Real Life

Feedback
Video Example(s):

Previous
Index
Next
For Science!
Anti-Intellectualism
I Don't Pay You to Think
Gravity Tropes
Gravity Is Purple
Philosophy Tropes
Heteronormative Crusader
Go to Your Room!
Stock Phrases
Grudging "Thank You"
Cruel and Unusual Death
Hard on Soft Science
Grave Robbing
Greaser Delinquents
Grass Is Greener
TruthInTelevision/G to I
Gray Rain of Depression
The Amazing Atheist
VideoSource/Internet
"I Am Great!" Song
Comedy Tropes
Full-Circle Revolution
ImageSource/Comic Books
I Lied  

Lisenne

Beloved Lionheart

Moonlight Lunatic

Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:18 pm
Live Action TV
Music
Stand-Up Comedy
Tabletop Games
Web Comics
Web Original
Western Animation
Real Life
Literature
Music
Video Games
Web Comics
Real Life

Feedback
Video Example(s):

Previous
Index
Next
For Science!
Anti-Intellectualism
I Don't Pay You to Think
Gravity Tropes
Gravity Is Purple
Philosophy Tropes
Heteronormative Crusader
Go to Your Room!
Stock Phrases
Grudging "Thank You"
Cruel and Unusual Death
Hard on Soft Science
Grave Robbing
Greaser Delinquents
Grass Is Greener
TruthInTelevision/G to I
Gray Rain of Depression
The Amazing Atheist
VideoSource/Internet
"I Am Great!" Song
Comedy Tropes
Full-Circle Revolution
ImageSource/Comic Books
I Lied  
Day Dreams

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 2858 2859 2860 2861 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games