Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Limiting Beliefs

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
  Whore
View Results

Rysabi

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 3:55 pm
During my hiatus I've learned that I love deep questions and discussing answers with others. Its fun and often times provides a positive experience for others.
I'll probably start posting one of these questions per day for funzies.
Not a posting game, this is for creating good and possibly in-depth discussions.

5/28/21's question

What were some limiting beliefs that you have had the held you back?
How did you overcome those?

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 8:56 pm
I think the most limiting belief for me was having the toxic mindset of needing to be hostile when others approached me with criticism, suggestions, advice, or differing opinions. I believed that I needed to be this way so I could be heard and understood. I think I became this way due to being in toxic friendships and relationships. Of course this is not an excuse but I do think it was a trauma response. It took many years to learn that I don't have to be this way, and, yes, I do still struggle with it sometimes.

Getting rid of bad friends and getting rid of my toxic ex helped. Surrounding myself with people who didn't yell at me for every minor thing and taking time out to work on myself personally helped. Also getting off Gaia for a few years and working on priorities were another thing that helped me. Sometimes you just need to drop everything and be alone with yourself so you can improve.  

Rysabi

☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff