Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Circle of Life: D&D 5th Campaign Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:06 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
Just noticed, "No Moon Druids" Are there any other class archetype not allowed?
And Humans are the +1 to all stats kind, or are the variants allowed?

I don't know if you seen this or are ignoring it  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:32 pm
I did not see that. I'm very sorry.

Variant human...and I'm giving the rulebook one more check...but it's safe to say that anything dealing with stars, moons, and other things like that are a no go for settings reasons.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:05 pm
Moon Druid doesn't have a lot to do with the actual moon, it's just the Druid focused on shapeshifting. Easy enough to just remove the moon flavor.

I get not wanting to dive into the deep end, but WotC has pretty thoroughly playtested this content and responded to feedback before they made anything official.

I think I will sit this one out, I am having trouble latching on. The world is interesting, but I've played a lot of the PHB classes and it just doesn't have as much appeal as any of the newer stuff to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:34 pm
Bizhen:
  • Description: The Bizhen are human-sized plant beings covered in maple like leaves with four buds that serve as eyes where a human would have their two. In spring they are deep green. this fades to a brilliant red in the heart of (the very mild) winter. Then their leaves drop off, only to regrow. As they age , they grow taller, slower, and more thick. (For those that ask, they will not grow enough to change size categtory during the length of the campaign.)

• Names: Bizhen give themselves descriptive names like Ivory eyes, Jade Petals, and the like. If further descriptors are needed, then the name of the grove the Bizhen was born in will be added, in addition to other physical descriptions as required. EG Big Purple Root of Flowering Grove.

Bizhen Traits:
  • Ability Scores: Increase Charisma by two and one attribute of choice by one
    Age: Bizhen reach physical maturity around 20. It is unknown when they die.

Alignment: Any
    Size: Medium (5-6' tall)
    Speed: 30'
    Darkvision: 60'
    Skill Versatility: You gain proficiency in two skills of your choice.
    Strongly Rooted: Advantage on saving throws involving charm and magic can't put you to sleep.
    Languages: Common, Bizhen, and one of choice.

Glaur:

Description: The Glaur are sturdy humanoid creatures made of granite, studded with bits of what looks to be topaz. Occasionally this topaz flakes off and is considered quite valuable. They have what seem to be saphires for eyes. They live in septs centered around the ruins of the Old Ones and generally salvage what they can and reprocess it into other things.

Names: The Glaur name themselves after their occupation and their rank inside that occupation. and the like.
    EG First Trader of Shady Cairn, Third Maker of High Point, etc et al. However, those who deal with other races often accumulate nicknames.

Glaur Traits:
    Alignment: Any, although most Glaur tend to be lawful.
    Abilty Score Increase: +2 to Con and +1 to Wisdom
    Size: Medium (4'-5')
    Speed: 25' and is not reduced by armor.
    Dark Vision: 60'
    Rocky Resiliance: Advantage on poison saves and resistance to poison damage.
    Strength of stone: Hit point maximum is increased by one point and it increases by one per every level.
    Weapons Training: Maul, Light Hammer, Warhammer
    Tool Training: Smith tools or Mason's tools
    Salvage Mastery: Whenever you make a knowledge (History) check regarding useable artifacts from an Old One structure, you are considered proficient in History and use double your proficiency bonus on the roll.
    Languages: Can speak and read Common, Glaur, and one of choice

Beteben:

Description: The Beteben are small, bipedal, fox-like canids. Their fur color ranges from white to black. Dusty brown and black are most common. Beteben also molt into a white winter coat. Beteben are driven in their search of knowledge and are found throughout Heim in service to that goal. Beteben can interbreed with Varvemar, giving birth to one or two Varmemar cubs as opposed to two to four Beteben cubs.

Names:
    Male Names: Thufir, Pedir, Hayt.
    Female Names: Anessi, Masyo, Sauri
    Family names: Dartpaw, Skippingstone, Rusttail, Knifeear

Betaben Traits:
    Age: Beteben reach maturity at around 14 years of age and live for approximately 90 years.
    Alignment: Any, although they lean very strongly towards neutral.

Attribute Bonuses: +2 to Intelligence and +1 to Dex.
    Size: Small (3'-4')
    Speed: 25'
    Agile Mind: You have advantage on all intelligence, charisma, and wisdom saving throws against magic.
    Languages: You can speak and read both common and Beteben.
    Artificer's Lore: Whenever you make an Intelligence (History) check related to magical items, alchemical objects, or technological devices, you may add twice your proficiency bonus instead of your proficiency bonus.

Tinker: You have proficiency with Artisan Tools (tinker tools). Using these tools you can spend one hour and ten gold pieces worth of material to construct a tiny clockwork device (ac5, 1 hp) This device ceases to function after 24 hours (unless you spend one hour reparing it to keep the device functioning) or when you use your action to dismantle it: at that time, you can reclaim the materials used to create it. When you create a adevice, choose one of the following otpions:

Clockwork Toy. This toy is a clockwork animal, monster, or person, such as a frong, bird, dragon, or soldier. When placed on the ground, the toy moves 5 feet across the ground on each of your turns in a random direction. It makes noise as appropriate to the creature it represents.

Firestarter: THe device produces a mimnature flame, which you can usse to light a conadle, torch, or campfire. Using the device requies your action.

Music Box: When opened , this music box plays a single song at moderate volume. This device ceases to function whenever the box is closed or the song reaches its end.

Humans: See PHB

Plane Touched: See PHB or source material.

Varvemar:

Description: As the Beteben resemble foxes, the Varvemar are more wolf like. Their pelts are similar, ranging from black to white. Most are black or dusty brown, although they do have a lighter winter coat. Varvemar for the most part live in ordered, caste bound socieities. They do believe in testing to ensure that one is in the right caste, otherwise it is all for naught. In addition to Merchant, Laborer, Scholar, and Warrior castes, there is a noble caste that provides leadership.

Names: The Varvemar packs have a pattern of personal name, family name, caste.
    Male Names: Pad, Gir, Tod
    Female Names: Kiir, Taal, Mya
    Family names: Gin, Fal, Yog

Varvemar Traits:
    Ability Score Increase: +2 to strength and +1 to constitution
    Age: Varvemar reach maturity at 14 and can live up to 90 years.
    Alignment: Varvemar tend to be very lawful, although all alignments are possible.
    Size: Medium (5'-6')
    Speed: 30'
    Menacing: You gain proficiency with the Intimidation skill
    Relentless Endurance: When you are reduced to 0 hit points but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hit point instead. You can't use this feature again until you finish a long rest.
    Savage Attack: When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you can roll one of the weapons' damage dice one additional time and add that to the extra damage of the critical hit.
    Language: Can speak and read Common and Beteben.

Ymari
    Description: The Ymari are bird like creatures with plumage that ranges from light yellow to green to light blue. The eyes are uniformly yellow. Male Ymari have dark blue ceres. Female Ymari have dark brown ceres. The live in migratory flocks that consist of two or more families. Ymari tend to be arrogant and dismiss the other races out of hand. They claim that they have a greater and more honorable heritage than the old ones.

Ability Score Increase: +2 to Dex, +1 to Con
    Age: Ymari reach maturity around 18 years old. It is unknown for how long they live. There are rumors of incredibly ancient Ymari.
    Alignment: The Ymari tend to be lawful amongst their own flocks, with stronger heirarchies than the Varvemar packs.
    Size: Medium (5-6')
    Speed: 25'
    Flight: 50'
    Talons: proficient with unarmed strikes. Unarmed strike does 1d4 damage.
    Languages: Speak/Read Ymari, Auran, and one of choice.  

• Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
    • Battle Hardened 150
    • Team Jacob 100
    • Bunny Hunter 100

Kowsauni
    Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:56 pm
    Can we use the variant rules for humans in PHB that lets us pick a feat?  
    PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:17 pm
    Yup! I see how I could be misunderstood there.

I am using the Human Variant rules for this campaign  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
    • Battle Hardened 150
    • Team Jacob 100
    • Bunny Hunter 100
    Kowsauni rolled 24 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 4, 1, 6, 1, 4, 5, 2, 1, 4, 5, 2, 4, 4, 4, 3, 5, 4 Total: 85 (24-144)

Kowsauni
    Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:38 pm
    ninja
    lets see

Eww, standard array it is.  
    PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:42 pm
    Atleast no negative modifier wink  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
    • Battle Hardened 150
    • Team Jacob 100
    • Bunny Hunter 100
    Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 24 6-sided dice: 1, 1, 1, 2, 5, 6, 3, 1, 6, 1, 1, 6, 1, 2, 2, 5, 3, 6, 4, 3, 6, 5, 5, 4 Total: 80 (24-144)

Southern Cross Nemesis
    Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:25 am
    Ruin commands the dice to roll

Standard array  
    PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:08 pm
    your bird people suddenly vanished.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
    • Beta Critic 0
    • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
    Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:17 am
    Okay, I know no extra stuff. But, I have an idea for an Aasimar Divine Soul Sorcerer. And That I don't think it runs interference with your world, As I understand it. So, I will make my plea.

The Sorcerer is from PHB, But the Divine Soul is from the Xanathars Guide to Everything. (I also recommend reading Xanathar's "notes" in the same book. A good number are funny.)

The Divine Soul's claims to fame are that they are healers, AND can pull from the cleric and sorcerer's spell lists.

I left a link to an online copy of the Divine Soul in the second sentence.  
    PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:48 am
    @SCN: It looks OK. I will admit that the concept I have for spiritual powers in this campaign is akin to Shintoism on the elemental side or the veneration of past emperors of Rome on the Imperial Cult's side. I'm fine with it.

@Pupsage: As I was rewriting the races, I thought there was no interest in them, so I thought I'd save myself some typing. I'll type something up when things settle down a little bit more.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
    • Battle Hardened 150
    • Team Jacob 100
    • Bunny Hunter 100
    PupSage rolled 20 6-sided dice: 4, 1, 2, 6, 2, 2, 1, 1, 3, 6, 4, 3, 5, 6, 5, 5, 5, 1, 5, 5 Total: 72 (20-120)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
    • Beta Critic 0
    • 50 Wins 150
    PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:09 am
    stats!  
    PupSage rolled 4 6-sided dice: 4, 1, 4, 6 Total: 15 (4-24)
    PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:10 am
    12 = 4, 1, 2, 6,
    05 = 2, 2, 1, 1,
    13 = 3, 6, 4, 3,
    16 = 5, 6, 5, 5,
    15 = 5, 1, 5, 5

And the last?  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
    • Beta Critic 0
    • 50 Wins 150
    Abbyqween rolled 24 6-sided dice: 1, 6, 3, 4, 5, 4, 1, 6, 4, 5, 5, 2, 3, 5, 6, 2, 6, 3, 3, 5, 3, 1, 6, 3 Total: 92 (24-144)

Abbyqween

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:23 am
    Stats  
    The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out