Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [5e]Lost Mine of Phandelver
Flaming Cockatrice Tavern Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:23 am
There were roars of thunder, foretelling of the darkening storm looming overhead. But, Housed safely within the city of Neverwinter. The Flaming Cockatrice Tavern was lively with a bard's songs filling the air. It was here their dwarven friend, Gundren Rockseeker asked our heroes to meet him, because "he needed people he could trust."

And It was here our heroes first meet each other...

(introduction posts, Rockseeker is at a table near the bar with a human companion. The story will continue when everyone meets him there... otherwise, have fun.

I will leave to you the misadventure of how your characters gained the trust and friendship of Gundren.)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:06 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Fenar

Near the darker Corner of the bar a strange figure stood playing a rather nice string instrument dressed in fancy black clothing. His music was soothing and mellow and pleasing to the ear almost hypnotic, while playing the bard did not sing. No fenar was to busy listening for a voice and not just any voice he wanted on that was as pleasing to hear as his music was. His other goal however was to find a mark that would offer a substantial payout or at the very least someone who had some kind of job to offer.  

Overlord Diaus

Romantic Prophet

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:48 am
User Image
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Heavy, metallic footsteps entered the tavern, the rain dripping off of their cloak. The cloak was over the face of the stranger. A metalic sound could be heard from the being. Hammerfall was not here for food or drink. Instead they were here to get out of the rain. The guild was about to let them off for a time. While that was nice, the forge needed to be used, and used by one in tune with such a thing.

Hammerfall would find themselves an empty table, and simply sit. A waitress would come, and ask if they needed anything. The only thing to escape from their lips was a metallic voice. The voice could not gendered. "Love, if you can get me some oil, that would be much appreciated." Their voice seemed to have a slight dwarven accent to it. They would then take off their hood, revealing their completely metal face. No lips were there, and there were no features that could identify them as either gender.

Hammerfall would sit there, waiting for their oil, as they noticed a bird in the corner strumming in instrument. They would go over, and place a silver near them. "A silver for a song about warriors if ye wouldn't mind." Hammerfall would walk back to their table, waiting for their oil at this time.
                                                                User Image

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The puppet master says
                                                                                                            We are finally going!

Yes/No I have my shield equipped
                                                                                                            xxxx xxxxx
                                                                                                            The blessing of the Forge is not active
                                                                                                            xxxx xxxxx
                                                                                                            The forge flows through my __
                                                                                                            xxxx xxxxx
                                                                                                            The forge has granted me a Nothing on Nothing
                                                                                                            xxxx xxxxx
                                                                                                            I channel the divinity on No one!

Overlord Diaus
                                                                                                            Southern Cross Nemesis
                                                                                                            PupSage
                                                                                                            Kakone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:59 am
Mist in the Morning

The dirty looking cat man known as Mist in the Morning sat at the bar sipping an ale he had just ordered. He hated rain, it clung to his fur and made him cold, it also made him feel fifty pounds heavier. After some discussion with the barkeep he settles into a chair at Rockseeker's table. His sword clacking against the side of the chair, an odd thing from the East, thinner and slightly curved compared to many swords one would see around here, it rested in a wooden scabbard.

He raises his eyebrows in greeting, but quickly brings the cup to his face to eliminate the verbal component of the conversation. He'd rather not make the Dwarf repeat himself several times.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kakone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:22 pm
User Image

Moonmalice walked into the tavern shivering from the cold rain. She exhaled hot breath into her palms rubbing them together to generate heat. Ah, there they are! The young woman sat down at the table where Hammerfall, a somewhat close associate, was sitting. She looked upward towards a waitress who was about to leave. “Do you have anything sweet,” Moonmalice tipped her head to the side with a bright smile and her eyes shining brightly in anticipation. They simply nodded their head with a warm and inviting smile walking away to somewhere within the back. What a lovely person.

She swayed from side-to-side feeling chipper, despite the call to action. Moonmalice was here to help in whatever way she could. The girl was mostly just following the lead of dear Hammerfall. The pitter patter of the rain was melodic and lovely. Moonmalice rested her face in her palms with her elbows against the table patiently waiting. While somewhat childish in demeanor, the young woman still was no pushover.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:09 pm
Fenar

Upon seeing the silver piece the vrow bard would take the coin pecking it twice to see if it was real after he atopped playing. Looming up at the metal man the crow would think a moment upon what type of song embodies that of a warriors song. Somthing ubeat and gets the crowds blood pumping, it was not his usual type of music but all the same he had recived his shiny shiny so the metal man would get his song. "... Caaaw" raising his indtiment up the kenku would shut his eyes a moment before clearing his throat. Playing here all day he gathered an array of voices to mimic though he did not have any he particularly liked there was a handful that fit his purposes. With one loud note his song would begin." This is a ballet of several tales please enjoy..valued customer caaw"ballet of the south his violin would begin to play and soon can the vocals, each verse was sung with a diffrent voice while the chorus was sung with multiple voice overlapped at the same time to give a little flair to his preformance. Each note played with care, though only a few minutes the impact if the song could hit hard to the right audiance. Once it was over the crow would off a grandiose bow to the metal man hopping he enjoyed the song  

Overlord Diaus

Romantic Prophet

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:48 pm
Rockseeker returned Mist's nod, before returning to the ledger and papers before him.

His human companion sat behind a mug and a half-eaten roasted leg of lamb. His foot tapped along to the bard's song. "So, when do we leave to the south?"

"When the others arrive and agree," Rockseeker spoke, finishing writing in his ledger before gathering his thing. "Oxen are fearful under the best of times."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:43 pm
Mist in the Morning

"Maybe they just missed you sitting here. Stout folk as you are. Though it doesn't speak well of the observational skill of this team you put together Gundren. I can't exactly say that I am filled to the brim with confidence." He rolls a silver piece between his paws and says, "And if the feeling is mutual, I am sure that we can scrounge up a few extra hands if the oxen you bought don't decide to circle the wagons."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:32 am
User Image
User Image

Hammerfall sat at the table, enjoying the song that they had requested. That was when a canister of oil was placed on their table. They almost didn't hear Moonmalice come in. She ordered something sweet. They would chuckle at the human. She always wanted sweets when they were out.

"Moonmalice, good of you to join me on such a dreaded day. Once you have your beverage, we'll go meet my contact for the job." There was a bit of excitement in their voice. They would take their oil, and slowly drip it down their crevices. They would then place a gold on the table, and they would go up to the bird that was sitting there. "Thank you my feathered friend. The song was lovely." They would give a bow, and then head back to their table.

Once Moonmalice had gotten their drink, Hammerfall would go up to the able that held the dwarf, feline, and human. In dwarven "Good to see a fellow such as yourself here on such a day. However, it's better than rocks falling." It was clear the armor that was embedded in Hammerfall's body was that of someone who had learned the dwarven methods of forging.
                                                                User Image

The puppet master says
                                                                                                            We are finally going!

xxxx xxxxx
                                                                                                            xxxx xxxxx
                                                                                                            xxxx xxxxx
                                                                                                            xxxx xxxxx

Overlord Diaus
                                                                                                            Southern Cross Nemesis
                                                                                                            PupSage
                                                                                                            Kakone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:45 am
Fenar
“Caaaw” this would be the birdmans response as he offered a small bow as well. Being here all day and looking at his haul Fenar figured he had enough for traveling expenses at least until he got to the next town. Wrapping up his pouch he seemed to make his way around the bar stopping near the dwarf, the kenku planted himself at the table. He had received this request earlier thinking it be a interesting change of pace from his usual jobs. Besides he already figured this place was starting to get stagnant but the most important reason people slowly started giving him less shiny things then before.” Caw...caaaw...cou..ehh excuse me had clear my throat...” the kenku voice once again changed this time to a voice that fit his appearance, abit scraggly and rough but it was one he enjoyed the most since he spent so long mimicking it.” Sorry I didn’t sit sooner but me is a busy man caw, but be here now .” the crow would look to the dwarf “ Caaaw.. here now accepted I do caaaw..”  

Overlord Diaus

Romantic Prophet

9,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kakone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:10 am
User Image

“I quite enjoy it,” Moonmalice smiled brightly looking towards her companion regarding the dreaded day comment. The smell of the freshly wet grass was always something she looked forward to after. The pitter patter of the raindrops making lovely music on everything it touched was beautiful as well in its own way.

“Oooo,” the young woman cooed receiving her beverage which was a steaming hot cider. Moonmalice blew on the beverage in an attempt to cool it. “Thank you,” she chirped towards the woman who had been waiting on them with an immense amount of appreciation. The time – they did not have a lot to waste. She forced a sip, “hot!” Moonmalice blew on the beverage a few more times before forcing herself to imbibe with liquid with haste.

Following behind Hammerfall, Moonmalice was light on her feet walking with a bit of pep in her step. The young woman did not know their contact; she was simply a tag along. The young woman glanced at each of those sitting at the table with concentration one body at a time. She chuckled at Hammerfall before giving a shallow wave and responding in kind with an optimistic tone in Dwarven, “Hello! Nice to make your acquaintance.~”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:46 pm
"... Less those rocks be of iron, silver, or gold." Rockseeker returned in Dwarven to Hammerfall's comment in dwarven. "Greetings, human. I am Gundren Rockseeker. This is Sildar." Gundren would motion to the human warrior beside him. Who had returned to pulling bits his meal, but managed to wave to the group.

"To business then, In two days I will have a shipment ready that needs a driver and guards. The shipment needs to make it to Barthen's Provisions, in Phandalin. It pays 10 gold per person, upon completion. Ye' interested?"  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:26 pm
Mist in the Morning

"As a simple cart driver myself, I'd be glad to drive." The pirate cat speaks in agreement with the job.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:42 am
User Image
User Image

Hammerfall would let out a cheerful chuckle. "If suck rocks were to fall, I would happily take the hit to my head." Then it was to business. Rockseeker would say, swapping to common. He would need some guards and a driver to get to Phandelver. Hammerfall wouldn't mind the truck. It was maybe a day or twos journey, and it was a way to get some gold for materials that they needed to make some armor. Hammerfall would take a bow "Since the driver seat is taken, I will gladly go on foot with Moon, if she wishes to join us." The ton was more joyus than upset that they could not drive the cart. "I am Hammerfall, Cleric of the Forge itself."
                                                                User Image

The puppet master says
                                                                                                            We are finally going!

xxxx xxxxx
                                                                                                            xxxx xxxxx
                                                                                                            xxxx xxxxx
                                                                                                            xxxx xxxxx

Overlord Diaus
                                                                                                            Southern Cross Nemesis
                                                                                                            PupSage
                                                                                                            Kakone

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500

Kakone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:31 am
User Image

“Whew,” Moonmalice let out a deep sigh of relief. She was unfamiliar with normal customs and following the lead of Hammerfall but admittedly, her Dwarven left something to be desired. ‘They seem pleasant,’ she smiled brightly while listening to the offer of a job; grinning wide when they returned her wave. The woman looked towards the first to speak up claiming to be a cart driver and then next, to her accomplice who heartily agreed and in a subtle way asked her own intentions, “I am Moonmalice, and I would be happy to accompany you on foot.” Her eyes shone with excitement thinking about all of the adventures and experiences that awaited her outside of her what was once a small world. She looked towards her companion with appreciation knowing that none of this would have been possible without him.

[5e]Lost Mine of Phandelver

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff