Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Thanks A Brunch ~ OPEN And Hiring! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:56 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❀ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Thanks a Brunch Cafe
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Wren, Dunce, Flik
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Emotional Support and Big Ideas
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Maybe we can make this work...

Aspen spoke about her last interaction with Eion, which Wren seemed to find hilarious. He teased her, and she smacked his hand. "He's so weird, don't you be weird too. Well, outside your normal realm of weird." She did laugh a bit, glad the tension seemed to finally be gone. After threatening him with a spoon, Wren cracked another joke about her ears, earning a kick to the shin.

The conversation shifted back to work, and Wren said he'd focus on finding a building and spreading the word. "Right, I can get people on board. I just... don't trust anyone, so that may be a problem there. But I'll find people, you can bet on it." She nodded, a grin on her lips. Martin the Totally-Not-A-Businessman came over, setting down their food. "Hey, thanks! This looks really good."

"So anyway, I was thinking, we could set up a campsite in a forest. Obviously, I'd go scout it out ahead, use proper charm work to make sure it's all safe. I can make up some tent bundles, along with making sure the site has everything we'd need for campfires, places to sit, and of course, places to have activities. I can probably get one of those magical tents that have lots of room, that way we can use it for craft time, hanging out... all that stuff. Plus, since I can't control the weather, the big tent would be a safer place to sleep than the bundle kits."

Aspen nodded, now drawing out a little diagram. The big tent, with little smaller camp tents all lined in a row, a campfire hastily drawn in the middle. "We can start small. One kid... if we can change the life of even one kid in all this... Wren, I'll be damned happy."

{{Wearing :: Sage Green}}
          addaellis

Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴀᴍɴᴇᴅ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴀᴍɴᴇᴅ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ
          Sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ
          Sᴏ, ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʟᴏᴛs ᴏғ ɴᴏɪsᴇ, ᴋɪss ʟᴏᴛs ᴏғ ʙᴏʏs
          Oʀ ᴋɪss ʟᴏᴛs ᴏғ ɢɪʀʟs ɪғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ
          Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ɢᴇᴛs ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛ
          Rᴏʟʟ ᴜᴘ ᴀ ᴊᴏɪɴᴛ, (ᴏʀ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ)
          Jᴜsᴛ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪᴛ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛs
          Cᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴡɪɴ ғᴏʀ ʟᴏsɪɴ', ʏᴏᴜ 'ʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴏɪɴᴛ 'ᴇᴍ
          Jᴜsᴛ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛ 'ᴇᴍ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴊᴏɪɴ 'ᴇᴍ
          Fᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪᴛ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:35 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

20 years || Slytherin alum || pureblood legilimens
Apprentice WandmakerxxxxxxHead of Family
xxxxxxxxOllivander'sxxxxxxxxxxxWinchester Foundation

”I’m good,” Wren remarked, setting the work to one side as Aspen stole his notepad and food was served. He smirked as he snatched his hand away–not quite fast enough, but the expression softened, as he felt Aspen relax. "Aspen if you kick Reggie half as much as you've _assaulted_ me just in the last half hour, then I'll have to file domestic abuse! For Reggie's sake!" he said it jovially, but his face fell a moment later. The joke hurt now. Nim, his Nim had gone through domestic abuse. And the Ministry had been useless in his case. No doubt because Sera had weaseled her way out of any culpability, but the fact was Wren had been useless in protecting Nim and Aria through that. It…just wasn’t as funny, even as he said it.

“That’s a good thing. You won’t hire anyone who isn’t actually competent,” Wren remarked. He certainly didn’t want to interview camp staff, and besides, it would be Aspen working with them. Wren was just the richy-rich behind them.

The arrival of food seemed to cheer Aspen—and Wren— right back up and she was soon doodling a little diagram of tents on his stolen notepad, talking about tents and proper charms work. Wren nodded quietly, getting to work on his omelette.

”Keep your receipt and I’ll reimburse you for that. Take it out of supplies or something.” he murmured.

"We can start small. One kid... if we can change the life of even one kid in all this... Wren, I'll be damned happy."

Wren paused for a moment. Oh, how many times he had heard that from his parents, from his grandparents. Just one kid. Changing the face of society by changing just one life. One child. Then another. Then another. It started with just one. Wren grumbled as he cut another chunk of omelette.

“Oh you better get more than one kid. If your only participant is Robin, I’m going to whack the other two.” Wren joked. Flick and Phoebe of course would be joining. They would be his gremlin test subjects. Aella might be a little young. MagiScouts wasn’t a daycare. Wren speared one of Aspen’s tomatoes. “Eat, Shrubs.”

setting Breakfast for Lunch. Early Summer 2055 || with Aspen and Flik
appearance 5'8", quite fit || wearing Black one shoulder-mantle and slacks.
status MagiScouts

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

✧✦
"The Hollow Men" by T.S. Elliot.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:02 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Wren, Dunce, Flik
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Emotional Support and Big Ideas
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Maybe we can make this work...

Aspen grinned when Wren commented on her so-called assaulting him. "No, no don't worry for Reggie. That's exclusive for you." She grinned, then handed him a small violet bud. "Don't worry, though, I do love you a lot, even though you're a pest, Wren. But you're one of my favorite pests." She grinned, a toothy smile showing. As she moved, the flower bloomed, showing off it's purple-blue petals of Wren's favorite flower.

After mentioning the hiring process, Wren said it was good, since she'd hire competent people. She chuckled, nodding. "Only the best for my vision. I'd want to personally vet them, especially since they'd be working closely with kids, no matter the job role. I would do my due diligence to ensure the safety of those in my care." Aspen popped one of the mushrooms in her mouth, savoring the flavor.

As she spoke about getting tent kits, Wren said to keep the receipts so he could reimburse her for the cost. That was... wild. Just buy what was needed and he'd foot the bill? Wouldn't that get expensive? "Of course. I'll make sure to keep accurate records of all the costs. I'll even factor in sales, which should be starting up around this time of year. I can probably score some nice deals." She grinned, determined to keep costs low so Wren wouldn't think he'd made a huge mistake.

When she said they could start small, even with only one kid, Wren mentioned only getting Robin, then making sure the other two were joined in as well. She watched as he stole a tomato, then told her to eat. "See, taking my food is why I keep smacking you around." She laughed, spearing one of the other tomatoes to try it out.

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:16 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

20 years || Slytherin alum || pureblood legilimens
Apprentice WandmakerxxxxxxHead of Family
xxxxxxxxOllivander'sxxxxxxxxxxxWinchester Foundation

”Oh I’m the special one that gets whacked. How special,” Wren rolled his eyes. Aspen though, just grinned, and materialized a small violet bud. She expressed some sappy emotions, called him a pest, and tucked the violet in his hair. Blue-violets…always evoked a sense of faithfulness and forever in him. He made a face, but didn’t reject the flower. Maybe it was a sign that something beautiful was coming out of this.

Aspen agreed that she would personally vet everyone involved, especially since they would be working with kids. She was more qualified than him in that respect–Aspen actually cared about being a good older sibling her whole life. Wren had just…got landed with the paperwork after everyone else up and died. Or so he would say. As they continued, Aspen seemed surprised about the costs, even mentioning that she’d be sure to keep accurate records and factor in sales.

”Accurate records are a must. But seriously don’t worry. If you need something, you don’t need to wait for it to be a few dozen galleons cheaper. It’s not that big of a deal. We can spare the 11 galleons.”

Wren was glad Aspen was looking more upbeat and confident. She had a good plan, and Wren thought she was the right person to do this. He didn’t care if people said he was just giving to friends–the Foundation had plenty of other grants anyways– but this was a good idea and…well, the world could use a little more good in it.

They had a few more things to iron out, but finally, meal completed, Wren took up the papers and tucked them in with his notebook. ”I think that’s all I need. I’ll work out the rest with the advisory board and Mrs. Salazar. You might be called in to talk to some of them next week, but it’ll be a formality.

“Last thing. This an advance cheque for 5K, to cover any immediate expenses, including making a business account for MagiScouts. Not your personal one. ”

Wren addressed the amount to MagiScouts, and offered the paper to Flick before extending his arm to make a bridge back to Aspen. He smirked, bopping the flower in Aspen’s hair affectionately once Flik got off his shoulder okay. ”Congratulations, you’re a business ghoul now too. ”

Wren was a few minutes out the door after paying the cheque for lunch when Martin the Waiter stopped back again--he had been mostly quietly attentive, recognizing there was some serious conversation going on. But he couldn't help but overhear some of their conversation. "Hey. How'd it go?" He refilled the lass's iced tea with a reassuring smile. He was curious--it sounded like they were friends planning some kind of kids camping trip? He wasn't sure why that needed a youth school consultant or whatever the lad had called him, but Martin also didn't want to pry. If it was something she could discuss, she's mention it, right? And if not, he was just here to refill her glass and make sure she was feeling less panicked than when they first met.

setting Breakfast for Lunch. Early Summer 2055 || with Aspen and Flik
appearance 5'8", quite fit || wearing Black one shoulder-mantle and slacks.
status MagiScouts...is official

//OOC: Addendum: We realized that Adda forgot to do the actual dollar to galleon conversion, so this is actually like $35K XDXD But we can chalk it up to Wren wanting to throw money at his friends anyways. XD
Cinnabun Gryffie

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

✧✦
"The Hollow Men" by T.S. Elliot.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Flik and Martin
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Big Ideas
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Holy cow

Aspen snorted quietly at Wren's sarcasm. Luckily, she was quite used to his eye rolling by this point. "Roll your eyes at me again, Ween, and we're gonna fight." She stuck out her tongue, laughing as she did. Thank goodness the awkward spell was broken and it was fine to just be herself once more. Besides, it was Wren, and Wren was... well, Wren.

When she discussed shopping and purchasing on sales, Wren agreed that accuracy in records was a must, but she didn't need to wait for sales. Then he ribbed her about her 11 galleons, earning an over-dramatic eye roll from the half-nymph. "Shame we can't all, eh?" They finished their brunch with only mild banter, enjoying each other's company as they discussed business ideas and possible plans.

As they finished eating, Wren packed everything up, saying he'd work everything out. Apparently she may need to meet with a few others as a formality. "Oh boy, I have to dress up again?" She cracked a wry grin, pausing when Wren mentioned one last thing. He handed over a cheque from Gringotts to cover a business account. "Five.... thousand....?" Her words were soft, eyes wide as she looked in awe at the slip. He bopped her flower, then said she was a business ghoul too. Flik scurried off Wren's arm and sat on Aspen's shoulder, issuing a small screech for being disturbed.

After he left, Aspen relaxed back, sipping her tea. The waiter, Martin, walked back over with a pitcher to refill her glass. He asked how it went and she offered a smile. "Pretty good, I think. I have the investment to start my own business, just gotta do what will probably amount to a mountain of paperwork. Otherwise, my dream is finally coming to fruition. Thanks, by the way, for being a good sport. Wren... is an idiot, but a good idiot." She tipped her glass toward the man, another smile escaping.

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:52 pm

User Image👾👾
MARTIN TIR KIERAN

47 years || professional gamer || pureblood squib
Waiter-as-needed
Thanks a Brunch - & - The Silver Bullet

"No problem, he caught me off guard as well,” Martin replied with a relieved smile. She definitely seemed more relaxed. Good! ”Oh? Congratulations! What’s your business?”

It was nearing closing time anyways, so Martin set the pitcher down to talk. ”I think i heard something about a kids camping trip?"

How long had it been since he’d been camping? Sure he lived in the outskirts of Godric’s Hollow, but it was a lovely cottage with a high-end gaming computer and streaming equipment. Not to mention reliable internet, which was more than he could say about many city homes.

setting Thanks a Brunch, Early Summer 2055 || with An interesting customer
appearance 5’11”, 180lbs || wearing Thanks a Brunch uniform
status Glad she's okay

Let the moon's shining light hide two lovers with its rays
Thought I know that dawn will set us on course for separate ways
I will hold this night in memory for all my living days
Now unmasked I feel your skin on mine
👾👾
~"I was lost without you" from Fleet and Flotilla, from Mass Effect 3

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:14 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Holy cow

Aspen chuckled softly when Martin mentioned being caught off-guard by Wren. "That sounds about right. He's.... well, he's definitely something." She grinned, sipping her tea. After mentioning her success in securing the job, Martin congratulated, then asked what it was. He set the tea pitcher down, saying he heard something about a kids camping trip. Aspen smiled, nodding a bit.

"Something like that. I call it 'MagiScouts', and the thought thus far is that it would include summer day camp, as well as a few more in-depth camp trips for the wizarding community kids. Not necessarily just magic kids, but also squibs and non-magic siblings. I'd teach basic herbology, astronomy, and such, as well as survival and camp skills. There would be a lot more in it, but that's the rundown." She nodded, moving to hold the flower from her hair, a bit of magic making the petals unfurl fully.

Part of her wondered why she was so willing to divulge information, especially given her business hadn't officially started until she registered, but she also didn't think Martin here would be the kind of guy to steal this information and.... do it himself? Nothing like that, probably. Flik, who was still sat upon Aspen's shoulder, screeched softly, watching the man. "Don't mind him either, he just likes to scream for attention. He'll be alright." Flik chittered happily, glad his shouts had been acknowledged.

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:21 am

User Image👾👾
MARTIN TIR KIERAN

Waiter-as-needed

The lass presented an image of a day game with in-depth camp trips for the children of the wizarding community.

”Not necessarily just magic kids, but also squibs and non-magic siblings.”

Martin smiled. Squibs– and the muggle siblings of magical students were part of the magical community. He had been around for long enough–he was currently doing a shift in Diagon Alley!--to feel like part of the magical community. It didn’t mean he had forgotten the tension before though–not just being unable to wash the dishes with a wave– but not knowing all the things magical students needed to know. Martin had picked up Elysia’s books as a teen, and he had tried to encourage Aidene to study with himm, but there was a line drawn by a genetic mandate--magical. Not magical. By now Martin knew what he knew and didn’t, what he could and couldn’t. And he was okay with all that. Absolute serenity.

But if he could materialize that serenity and give it to his 11-year-old self–well, Martin didn’t know if he could hand that over. He wasn’t sure his 11-year-old self would accept it--could accept it. He wasn’t sure any 11-year-old could accept that in the face of a whole secret world–a world they had known and were suddenly cut off from, or a world they never knew that was opened to their sibling but not to them.

The lass had called it “MagiScouts”. ”It sounds wonderful. I think it would really help–the squibs and the siblings at least–to feel more connected to the wizarding world. There’s so much we miss out, but so much more we can still be part of.”

She mentioned not to worry about the soft screech, and Martin had to stare at the tiny green creature for a moment to remember where he had seen one before and why it was so odd seeing one here. ”Is that…a bowtruckle?” Martin inclined his head in greeting to the small tree creature. ” That's--It’s remarkable you befriended it! I remember trying to talk to one-- Well. I didn’t exactly go about it in a very good way.

“I was eleven,”
he explained with the slightest urging. ”We had just moved to Godric’s Hollow, and I ran into the woods nearby and screamed at a tree until it screamed back.”

He had run until he was lost, yelling at the sky and whacking the leaves with a stick until it snapped. He was totally magical! He knew about magic! He hadn’t been able to fly very well–at all– on a broom, but he could get better! He understood planets and potions and herbs! He knew the history and rules of the wizarding world. He could do this! He had kicked a tree, punched it until his knuckles bled, screamed at it–until the tree screamed back. ”Bowtruckle! I can see you! See! I’m magical too! Come here–please!--if I can just–prove to them! Just a chance! How will I ever get better at magic if I can’t practice it? Please! Let me learn! I can get better! I can get magic! Just let me try!”

In the present, Martin grinned wistfully at the memory. He still carried the memory, but the hurt was long gone. ”Let’s just say it took more than a few sharp nips on my fingers before I learned bowtruckles–that one in particular–didn’t appreciate people kicking their trees or chasing them around shrieking.”

Martin shook his head ruefully and turned the conversation back to the MagiScouts. ”When you’ve got a business card, could I get one? I have a young son who might be old enough for a day camp in a few years, and while I can tell him not to go around kicking trees and screaming at bowtruckles, I’m sure you could teach him much more about them.”

statusThe MagiScouts--I would've liked that. Aelius might too!

👾👾

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:41 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He seems nice

Aspen grinned when Martin said her idea sounded wonderful. He said it would help the squibs and non-magic siblings feel more connected, and that there was a bunch they missed out on. His words made it seem like he had experience, perhaps as a squib. "I really hope so. I would love to make the magical world more accessible. I know if I wasn't able to go to Hogwarts with my sisters, I'd have been devastated."

When Flik decided to make noise, Martin asked about him, then said it was remarkable she'd managed to befriend him. "It didn't go well?" He continued, saying he was eleven, freshly moved to Godric's Hollow, and that he'd gone in to scream at a tree until one screamed back. An interesting way to go about that... Martin continued, saying he'd been bit and screamed at in exchange for having kicked their trees. "Yes, that's true. They're incredibly protective of their homes. Flik, this little guy, was kicked from his tree when he was a baby. That's when I rescued him. Now he just kinda hangs out with me. Sits in whatever random plants I happen to be nearby." Flik screeched again, excited by hearing his name.

As the conversation shifted back to MagiScouts, Martin asked if he could get a business card, and that his son would be old enough to join camp in a few years. "I'm not gonna lie to you, I have no idea where to get business cards. I'm still working on getting an office to rent and the rest of this stuff worked out. It'd be really cool if I had extra hands. For now... I'll do my best to get set up, then we can meet up later. Though, since your son's young, we've got time." She laughed a bit, feeling a bit weird that someone was already interested in joining. She literally just got the idea approved moments ago. She didn't even have an actual office or even ministry approval yet, let alone a functioning business!

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:50 pm

User Image👾👾
MARTIN TIR KIERAN

Waiter-as-needed

The interesting customer mentioned that she hoped her MagiScouts would make the magical world more accessible. After Martin explained his early encounter with bowtruckles, she told him how she had rescued this little bowtruckle. “Aha! You’re like his grove now,” he remarked with amusement. “I didn’t even know bowtruckles could bond to humans. Learn something new everyday, huh.”

As they continued, the lass mentioned she didn’t know where she would even get business cards and then that she was short on hands. Martin thought about it as well. ”I know the art shop-studio–down the street does commissions. You could probably ask them to design one for you and then just duplicate it magically,” he offered. ”Short on hands…what do you need?”

Martin wasn’t exactly looking for new things to do–he was doing fairly comfortably well just being at home for Della and Aelius, working on woodworking projects, waiting tables at his two favorite places if they were short a person, and hosting game nights–but he had meant what he said. It sounded interesting, and if there was something he could help with, well, even if he couldn’t, he might know someone who would know someone who could help. ”I used to coach kids–well, they were 15-20 mostly so I don’t know that they’re your age of kids– but sometimes just having someone in the room to keep them from climbing over the tables was enough. I could ask my wife if she has ideas for astronomy activities?”

👾👾

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:02 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He seems nice

Aspen nodded happily when Martin likened her to Flik's grove. She kind of was, wasn't she. When he commented that he didn't think bowtruckles could bond with humans, she coughed, a blush curling into her cheeks. "Um, normally not... but I must just be special." She chuckled nervously, the sound very obvious to anyone that knew her. Thankfully, Martin was not on that list.

As they discussed business cards, Martin mentioned the paint studio down the street, saying they may be able to design a card and magically duplicate it. "I wonder if he'd do something like that. I don't think it's his usual style. Sure I could find some way to do it.... Then again, I don't think I've ever seen a magic business offer out cards. But maybe I could take out an ad in the Prophet?" She pondered aloud, wondering if that would be a logical idea.

She said she was short on hands, and he asked what she needed. Apparently he used to coach older teens, then mentioned asking his wife about astronomy activities. "Actually, I had an idea for an astronomy class. Also one for herbology and plants, cooking, and maybe an arts and crafts type class? I know I'm stretching myself thin, though. Wanting to do those classes, a day camp, and little camping outages as well. So far it's only a one-man show, and I still have so many logistics to work out." She sighed softly, thinking about the extended hours of hard work she'd have to put in now that she had a check in hand.

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:46 am

User Image👾👾
MARTIN TIR KIERAN

Waiter-as-needed

Martin nodded along, listening to the young lasses think out loud about business cards or an ad in the Prophet. She remarked excitedly that she had classes in mind for astronomy, herbology, cooking, and maybe arts and crafts. Martin nodded, considering the variety. ”You mentioned this was a day camp, right? Were you considering staggering them by days? like Monday you have Herbology, Tuesdays you have cooking, Wednesday is arts and crafts, Friday the kids can stay up for astronomy or something?” he counted the days on one hand, realizing he’d missed one. ”Did I miss a class? Or I guess the leftover day could be something relaxing and fun. Play a game, go on a walk, that kind of thing.”

He thought back to his time as a coach. He was better at day-to-day practice considerations, being on the ground and working with player concerns. But a couple decades of coaching did give him some insight into things at least. ”I’ll be sure to pass on the word and to look out for it then. For now, can I get these plates out of your way? Take your time though, ” he added gently. He knew the restaurant could be a nice place to read or think about other things.

👾👾

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:59 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

21 years || Hufflepuff alum || muggleborn
Mediwizard

continued from Simon and Eden meeting up in the Cardiff thread

The two reappeared in Diagon Alley, near the apothecary– it was the part of Diagon Alley Eden came to most often, which was honestly not that much anymore.

”Ah, it’s closer than I thought,” he noticed, pointing to the brunch place. He’d never really put it together that it was right next to the coffee place. Maybe he just never went to both at the same time?

Eden didn’t say much until they had settled in a booth at the brunch place and flipping through the menu. He had to give Simon credit for being willing to at least put on a brave face and maybe go into the shooting range when he was clearly terrified of the prospect. On the other hand, he kept glancing up, looking for a hopefully…calmer colour from Simon–not that he would know what that would look like. Now that Simon wasn’t scared out of his wits, Eden was worried Simon would be resentful or angry and take it out on Mattie later. Mattie getting mad at him for traumatising her boyfriend was going to be terrible enough– If they broke up now, it would be completely Eden’s fault, and he couldn’t do that to her– he just meant to make sure Simon had good intentions towards her!

setting Thanks a Brunch || with Suspicious Simon
appearance 5’10”, fit || wearing long sleeve and vest, with cargo pants
status Oh Morgana, what if he takes it out on Mattie?!

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
♖♜
~"Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:58 am
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Cardiff, Wales
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Eden
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Hanging out
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Oooh, brunch!
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Curious

Simon felt nothing but relief when Eden started the process of packing everything up, even going so far as to have the woman at the front desk credit his account. "Account? How often is he coming here? How often does Mattie come here?" He nervously fiddled with his hands, watching as Eden walked over. Apparently moving time wasn't a super difficult task for the clerk. They were going to brunch next, which was something safe. Honestly, provided that Eden couldn't force him to eat something he didn't want, they shouldn't have any sort of issues.

Eden signed that he would apparate them both, and with a burst of electric green, Simon moved to start signing that he could apparate himself, but it was too late. He felt a warm hand at the base of his neck, then next they knew, both were in Diagon Alley, stopped just outside the Apothecary. Simon's hair changed to a relaxed dark blue now that he was somewhere safe. He moved to take his sunglasses off, tucking them into the case he had tucked into his pants pocket. His eyes reflected in his calm, happy nature, shining a deep orange and french rose.

The two walked forward into the little brunch restaurant, where they were seated promptly. Simon sat cross-legged in the booth seat, looking over the menu while swaying a bit to the music in his head. "They have vegetarian sausage here. I can't believe I hadn't noticed that before. What are you wanting to get? He was curious about Eden's desire for food, since he had several culinary folks in his family. Plus his Gramma always said 'you can learn a lot about a person by their favorite meals', which made a lot of sense. Hair changing to a curious teal-green, Simon looked over at the blonde. His hands moved to adjust his beanie, hair finally fluffed out enough to be visible. Thank goodness they'd gone to a magical location for food.

{{Wearing :: Summer Days}}
          addaellis

Simon - #A46582
          Callie - #551033

Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ sɪɴɢɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴡɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ ғʟʏ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴀʀɪsᴇ
          Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ sɪɴɢɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ sᴜɴᴋᴇɴ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ғʀᴇᴇ
          Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ, ʙʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:51 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

21 years || Hufflepuff alum || muggleborn
Mediwizard

Simon chose after they walked into the sunny streets of Hogsmeade Diagon Alley to take his sunglasses, earning a bemused shake of the head from Eden. Once they were seated though, Simon seemed to relax considerably, bobbing around. He had…the oddest way of sitting in the booth. Eden decided not to comment. It was just endlessly amusing watching how Simon chose to sit.

He glanced up when Simon signed over to him, again translating the signs out loud so he could be sure he was getting them right. ”Are you a…vegetarian?” he signed back as asked, trying out the new sign.

Eden looked back down at the menu again. ”Usually I enjoy the Bacon and Egg Waffles. But today… I think the Rancher Omelette is resonating with my stomach.”

Dish decided, Eden took the time to scrutinise Simon over the edge of the menu. Simon fluffed his hair under his beanie, making it more obvious and apparent. It was a greenish color now, which uh…yeah Eden still didn’t know what that meant. Simon seemed more at ease though? Was that just due to the magical environment? Or was he just relieved to be away from “weaponry”?

Thankfully, a waiter stopped by to take their order. ”Lemongrass and Ginger tea, please,” he requested. ”And I’ll have the Rancher Omelette.”

Without the menu to pretend to look at though, Eden was stuck just staring. This was why he’d hoped they’d have an activity of some sort. To…fill the moments he needed to process things or think. Eden clasped his hands, first one way, then another before wiping his palms on his pants. He raised them to sign, then set them down again. ”Are you okay? Sorry, I didn’t know you had such a reaction to weaponry. You never mentioned it when Mattie or I talked about it at lunch. Or…at least I don’t remember you mentioning it?”

setting Thanks a Brunch || with Suspicious Simon
appearance 5’10”, fit || wearing long sleeve and vest, with cargo pants
status Oh Morgana, what if he takes it out on Mattie?!

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
♖♜
~"Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls.

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash