Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:26 pm
Ah, it seemed his fingers were definitely at risk of those snapping jaws. He trusted Avarice to listen to Yunara, however, and didn't flinch back when she snatched the bread from him. "She's lively," he noted. A polite way of commenting on her assertive aggression.

As Yunara spoke, Beelim took a bite from the rest of the bun and sighed contently. Oh, he'd definitely be having more with lunch. "I'd like to try that sometime if it were possible." He was aware that certain drinks, like tea, were a bit more of a luxury and admittedly he'd not had much of it himself. Thinking about cake and tea while eating a bun was not as luxurious but that didn't keep him from enjoying it.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:05 pm

Although Avarice clearly wanted to do more than snap, she was definitely not allowed to. "She's... overly territorial and aggressive. More well trained than she's letting off," Yunara said, with a reproachful glance toward her firelizard. Avarice, for her part, did not so much as make a peep at that.

"Tea is pretty expensive," the girl said, carefully laying the buns out to cool on their rack. The other batch was settled into baskets with a cloth neatly laid over top. That way they'd stay warm, for the most part. "I have some from time to time, but only after saving for awhile. Not like klah." Everyone could get klah, and easily. Tea on the other hand was a bit more spendy.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:20 pm
The first bun was polished off despite the heat of the oven that still lingered in it telling him it was a poor idea.

"Oh," another of those small, almost pouty frowns came over Beelim's face as he carefully turned the bun still on his place over to cool it more than he'd allowed the first to. "Well, it'll be a longer away sometime then?" Beelim couldn't keep from being hopeful over the idea, even if it would be for the future.

The frown was joined by a small frustrated furrow of his brow. "I mean, if that's possible. And not annoying to ask."

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:29 pm

With a faint smile, Yunara dusted the counter with flour, preparing to knead and shape another batch of buns. They were for the entire Weyr, after all, and though she was not the only one baking them, she certainly needed to make quite a lot. Avarice watched this process carefully, aware that the last time her person had done this, buns had followed.

"Oh, yes. Sometime is definitely possible. Would you like to... try some? Next time?" It felt almost like serving a customer in her teashop. A warm, familiar memory of sweeter times. Back when she'd been working happily alongside her grandparents. Before a boy had somehow convinced her that helping him to find his living relatives was worth parting with her own.

Thinking back, she didn't know how she'd made that exchange. But this... this was nice. "Baking cakes isn't difficult, nor is brewing tea." Not if you knew how to do it, anyway. Not everyone did, of course. Hardly anyone in the Weyr had any inkling of how to brew tea.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:41 pm
He nodded as he pulled another piece off of the bun on his plate. "Yeah, I'd like that," Beelim offered his first real smile of the exchange down to Yunara as she prepared for another batch of buns. "Sharing with someone you know will like it is the best part, isn't it?" Surely, she would know since she was at it for large parts of the day to feed a Weyr.

The second bun was soon polished off as quickly as he had the first and he carefully set about cleaning it, rather than leaving it for somebody else. Once it was set aside he'd need to return to peeling and a few sharp words for his straying from the chore.

"I'd like to hear about your shop next time too."

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:55 pm

As Yunara kneaded the dough, she contemplated what the boy had said. "I don't actually even know your name. But knowing you'd enjoy it... yes, it's nice." Not everyone had such an appreciation for baking, after all. Yunara had always liked it, along with enjoying brewing tea. Her family had had so many recipes, and she'd learned almost all of them, but they couldn't properly be enjoyed without tea.

And tea... well, it was quite expensive. Too much for a lower caverns worker's salary, most days. Maybe if the Weyr suddenly took a liking to it it would be different. At his next words, however, she faltered. "Ah. Yes. It's not my shop anymore... but yes." She could talk about it, as difficult as the words might be. Maybe talking about it would help. Protectively, Avarice mantled her wings and chittered in suspicion.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:24 pm
Oh. The realization he'd not even had the manners to introduce himself because of his hyperfocus on the buns brought a slight flush to Beelim's cheeks. "It's Beelim. I also have a twin here named Besilin," he added, just to prevent any confusion that it may cause. Though from where Beelim stood, they didn't really look so similar that it would be more than a brief curiosity of a similar face.

Avarice's chittering drew his gaze from the plate as he set it aside to see what he'd done this time (because clearly, he had committed crimes again), the faint frown returning. "But the picture of it you have in your mind and the memories you have of it. Those are your shop in the way I'd like to hear of it," there was something about her tone that made her wonder if it had been lost, rather than left, but he'd not ask that.

"I should probably get back to peeling tubers soon."

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:59 pm

With deft, careful movements Yunara portioned out the dough and set it onto the baking tray. It wasn't time yet to remove the cake, but from the smell emanating from the oven, it would be soon. "My name's Yunara," she said, although he had not asked. It seemed more polite to offer it in exchange, though.

Since it had been awhile since he'd left his tubers behind, she was inclined to hurry him back to them. But... ah. "Maybe. Next time, then." It still felt so soon now, even though it had been several Turns. "Padmia's probably going to notice that you haven't been peeling tubers," she said instead, returning the conversation back to the direction he'd been taking it. "So... I should let you go, then."

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:06 pm
Oh, he'd get in a lot of trouble if Padmia caught him eating buns and distracting one of her workers instead of peeling tubers. "It was nice talking, Yunara. Thanks for the buns," he practically beamed for a moment.

"Next time, for sure. Maybe they'll let me help bake instead of peeling...but everybody needs their tubers, so..." he gave a glance back at the table to see how many leering eyes were there now. Not that he regretted following his impulsive desire for a snack, no matter how frequently the urge came for him. "Let me know how the cake turns out, alright?"

He thought about it for a touch longer than he likely should have, honestly, and the buns would soon not have been enough for it. But for the time being he made his way back to the table, settling back in to start peeling again. Though perhaps with a touch less focus.

Because now there was cake to think about. Cake, and maybe some tales of a Tea Shop.

Mr Cheri

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces