Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Tutorials
Asirpa (Golden Kamuy) Cosplay Tutorial (WIP

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:34 pm
Asirpa from Golden Kamuy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Introduction to the Costume

This costume is one that I've wanted to do for the last year and a half and with the new season premiering, in Fall of 2020, I thought it was a prefect time to make this.

This costume is currently in progress, but will be updated as I develop the costume more and more.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:43 pm
Character Image Reference Guide and Notes

Images

Character Profile

Front position

Image Poster

Front Head Image

Front Side Position Image

Notes

Asirpa is Ainu and traditional Ainu clothing is made with birch bark. I went with a similar lighter material of cotton.

The cape piece is mentioned (in the anime) that it is made of a wolf hide. While I'm not going to wear real fur, you may want to look into fake fur that has a texture similar of that to a dog or wolf.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:56 pm
Supply List

Fabrics

6 yards of purple cotton
5 yards of White cotton
4 yard of slightly darker purple cotton
2 yards of White fake fur (dog style)
2 yards of Olive cotton

Sewing Supplies

Simplicity 4080
Kwik 4208
White thread
Black thread
Purple thread
Fray Check
White fabric marker or paint
Silver Fabric Marker or Paint
Gold Fabric Marker or Paint
1 yard White Elastic (1/4 or smaller)
1 and 1/2 yard of Interfacing

Jewelry Supplies

50mm Silver hoop Earrings
Silver circular beads (metal or otherwise)
19 mm Pin Back and Clutch

Craft Items

Clay
Silver paint
Leather Cord

Regular Clothing

Black Leggings
Old pair of shoes
Socks  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:06 pm
Parts of the Costume

Under-kimono: Purple
Gloves: Purple with white design and bias.
Ainu Top: White with purple bias and white design
Belt: Olive
Leggings: Black
Boots: white, similar texture to cape
Earrings: Silver large hoops with a ball
Headband: Purple with white design
Necklace: Purple with silver and gold pieces
Cape: White Wolf Fur
Broch: Circular and silver
Hair: Raven Black, long to the waist  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:04 pm
Making your own pattern

((Images to come))

While cleaning your fabric you need to make a pattern for your glove/bracers piece. The glove is a four-sided polygon and a rectangle attach together. Use the following dimensions to create the glove.

1) The part top part measurements should be the your hand width the knuckles and about an inch longer.
2)The end of the polygon should be 3/4 of your wrist width. Connect the end of the wrist line to the end of the matching knuckle line.
3) The rectangle is based on where your wrist is and the length of where you want it to end and the width should be the width of your arm. Match the corners with the ends of the polygon.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:18 pm
Upper Pieces

Under Kimonos

Aspira wears two kimono's and a Haori. The white lower kimono is just a the top part (under the boobs and up) to prevent overheating in at cons.

For the visible Kimono I used Simplicity pattern # 4080.

Since the kimono is shorter and bunched you want to make it probably to your ankles in length and then gather it under what the area that you'll be placing the olive belt. There is some things that suggest that she has a matching purple belt under the olive belt and that could be used to hold the gathering in place.

Upper Haori

To make the Haori I used Kwik 4205 as a guide. The Haori is a bit bigger than what you want it to be. If you feel comfortable you can measure you're own or you can build the body, tailor it, and then add the sleeves.

Please note the different sizes of the bias pieces. Be ready to figure out what sizes need to go where and how long you're going to need to make them before cutting the fabric.

The painted detail is used by making a stencil and going over the lining and sleeves first with fabric chalk and then with fabric paint. The center back design is done using the same method.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:41 pm
Accessories

Earrings

The earrings are the easiest piece in the costume. Just drop the bead onto the earring pieces and set them aside, they're done.

Necklace

With the necklace I measured my neck and cut it out based on where I wanted things to land on my neck. I used velcro to hold it around my neck and painted the designs onto the necklace.

Headband

I measured my head and added two inches. The fabric is some purple (two layers) and a layer of interfacing. I used a stencil to do the designs.

Gloves

While cleaning your fabric you need to make a pattern for your glove/bracers piece. The glove is a four-sided polygon and a rectangle attach together. Use the following dimensions to create the glove. You'll need a total of 4 fabric pieces, plus two interfacing pieces.

1) The part top part measurements should be the your hand width the knuckles and about an inch longer.
2)The end of the polygon should be 3/4 of your wrist width. Connect the end of the wrist line to the end of the matching knuckle line.
3) The rectangle is based on where your wrist is and the length of where you want it to end and the width should be the width of your arm. Match the corners with the ends of the polygon.

Likes wise you'll need to make a pattern for your headband. It's fairly simple. You'll need two pieces of fabric that are 6 inches high and the length of your head +2 inches. You'll need some interfacing for an inside piece.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:40 pm
Other

Shoes

I used This video for making my boot pattern. I made sure to add flaps to put on the side and then punctured it twice on each side to put the leather string through it.

Pants

I used a pair of black leggings for the pants piece.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
Tutorials

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers