Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Lost Mine of Phandelver 5e Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lost Mine of Phandelver?
Yes, Please
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
No, Thank you
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cheese!
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:11 am
It has been suggested, that we need new 5e games. So, I will offer up one of the WotC ones.

Quote:
Mist in the Morning Tabaxi Monk Mercenary Veteran.

Mist is a former mercenary. In the beginning the guild had standards, get a job, do the job, get paid. As time went on the guild became less professional and turned into a group of bullies that did violence for the sake of violence. So he left. Took out an uppity a*****e on his way. While he can take a normal person, he's terrified of actual monsters, having once fought a giant spider and by fought I mean ran away from. He know a bit about negotiating and history, but not a lot about adventuring.

Quote:
Hammerfall doesn't remember when they were created, they do remember wandering around with no purpose in life. It wasn't until they met a dwarf that Hammerfall was taught how to work hard. They learned the ins and outs of the forge.

Hammerfall now creates armor and other goods, and uses the power of the forge itself to grant power to the items. They still wander around, selling the items that they make, along with other supplies.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: WotC official 5e material and The Blood Hunter.

Anything else will be judged case by case. Chronological order matters. Meaning if it has an official book release, use that. I.e. Artificer has been released, the two UA variants will not be accepted. Only noted exceptions, are the UA Rangers, Revised and Spell-less(these are two different horses when paired with the PHB Ranger).

Banned Resources: That said, don't ask list; Mystic(WotC dropped the class)

ECL: 1
Gold: 150gp + What you get for background.
Ability Scores*: Point buy for stats (27; PHB pg 13).
xxxxxxxxxx*
Alignments: No evil.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] WotC Optional Rules in play
-We are playing with feats
-Hero points instead of Inspiration

Hero Points
DMG
p264

Hero points work well in epic fantasy and mythic campaigns in which the characters are meant to be more like superheroes than the average adventurer is.

With this option, a character starts with 5 hero points at 1st level. Each time the character gains a level, he or she loses any unspent hero points and gains a new total equal to 5 + half the character's level.

A player can spend a hero point whenever he or she makes an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw The player can spend the hero point after the roll is made but before any of its results are applied. Spending the hero point allows the player to roll a d6 and add it to the d20, possibly turning a failure into a success. A player can spend only 1 hero point per roll.

In addition, whenever a character fails a death saving throw, the player can spend one hero point to turn the failure into a success.

-Flanking grants Advantage

Flanking
DMG
p251

If you regularly use miniatures, flanking gives combatants a simple way to gain an advantage on attack rolls against a common enemy.

A creature can't flank an enemy that it can't see. A creature also can't flank while it is incapacitated. A Large or larger creature is flanking as long as at least one square or hex of its space qualifies for flanking.
Flanking on Squares.

When a creature and at least one of its allies are adjacent to an enemy and on opposite sides or corners of the enemy's space, they flank that enemy, and each of them has an advantage on melee attack rolls against that enemy.

When in doubt about whether two creatures flank an enemy on a grid, trace an imaginary line between the centers of the creatures' spaces. If the line passes through opposite sides or corners of the enemy's space, the enemy is flanked.

-Smaller creatures can Climb.

Climb onto a Bigger Creature
DMG
p271

If one creature wants to jump onto another creature, it can do so by grappling. A small or Medium creature has little chance of making a successful grapple against a Huge or Gargantuan creature, however, unless magic has granted the grappler supernatural might.

As an alternative, a suitably large opponent can be treated as terrain for the purpose of jumping onto its back or clinging to a limb. After making any ability checks necessary to get into position and onto the larger creature, the smaller creature uses its action to make a Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check contested by the target's Dexterity (Acrobatics) check. If it wins the contest, the smaller creature successfully moves into the target creature's space, the smaller creature moves with the target and has an advantage on attack rolls against it.

The smaller creature can move around within the larger creature's space, treating the space as difficult terrain. The larger creature's ability to attack the smaller creature depends on the smaller creature's location, and is left to your discretion. The larger creature can dislodge the smaller creature as an action—knocking it off, scraping it against a wall, or grabbing and throwing it—by making a Strength (Athletics) check contested by the smaller creature's Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check. The smaller creature chooses which ability to use.

2]
3]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:38 pm
I'm down to play!

I don't know what character though. I also have a few other friends interested.  

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:30 am
Given Tasha's is out soon I may consider a Fathomless Warlock Tiefling instead based on the changes, but for now I will say Tabaxi monk as an alternative.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:19 pm
Can't determine if there is another person who likes cheese? Or, If like me they clicked it just to get the results. ninja

Anyway, being it seems we won't be starting this until next week. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, or whatnot. I will be watching youtube stuff and reading the adventure.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kakone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:09 pm
>.>; that was me, I was meant to come back to this but here I am, all scatter brained and lost.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:06 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
Can't determine if there is another person who likes cheese? Or, If like me they clicked it just to get the results. ninja

Anyway, being it seems we won't be starting this until next week. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, or whatnot. I will be watching youtube stuff and reading the adventure.

What are we using for sheets? Mythweavers?  

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:50 pm
Mythweavers is the most trustworthy, IMO. But, as long as I can read it on my phone you can use what you want.

Just adding a few sites for the new members.

Myth-Weavers

Dicecloud

5e Gsheets v1.4  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:04 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
Mythweavers is the most trustworthy, IMO. But, as long as I can read it on my phone you can use what you want.

Myth-Weavers

Dicecloud

5e Gsheets v1.4

How about Gsheets v2.1?  

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:19 pm
Youroka Kage
Southern Cross Nemesis

Myth-Weavers

Dicecloud

5e Gsheets v1.4

How about Gsheets v2.1?

It will work, biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:35 pm
Mist in the Morning Tabaxi Monk Mercenary Veteran.

Mist is a former mercenary. In the beginning the guild had standards, get a job, do the job, get paid. As time went on the guild became less professional and turned into a group of bullies that did violence for the sake of violence. So he left. Took out an uppity a*****e on his way. While he can take a normal person, he's terrified of actual monsters, having once fought a giant spider and by fought I mean ran away from. He know a bit about negotiating and history, but not a lot about adventuring.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:55 pm
Kakone
>.>; that was me, I was meant to come back to this but here I am, all scatter brained and lost.

Should I count you as a player or lurker?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:19 am
I am making a Warforged Forge Cleric  

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500

Kakone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:31 am
Southern Cross Nemesis

A player, I'm with ^^^