Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
PupSage runs a PBtA Game Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:28 pm
PupSage
Southern Cross Nemesis
Anyone besides me wants to petition for the allowance of the Soldier Role, with the caveat only if Rain wants to play it?

I mean, it is Captain America! and what is the one comic frame he keeps showing? xp

Soldier is the only one on there banned for being OP. The joined is banned because imo its not a good "first play" playbook, and the others are all banned because I don't want time travel and space travel outside of a possible Outsider.

Soldier's whole "I use one stat for everything so long as I am acting under orders of my organisation" ability is broken. Let me buff that stat to +3 and lock it, and done.
I was joking, Rain has reposted a comic strip where
Capt says something to the degree of, "When the world tells you to move, You say no. You move" Just imagined, it would of been an interesting play for him to play a Capt. esk character and was a Rick Flag(Suicide Squad) to a bunch teenager heroes. the whole thought experiment was funny to me. And I wondered if anyone else would draw the same thought.

edited  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:17 pm
Hmm, going with The Transformed for now, I like the idea playing Corsica in a modern setting, but I am still reading the book. Might switch to either Outsider or Newborn if no one else takes them.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:54 pm
PupSage
It is 100% the easiest to learn system I have ever come across. But sold, Masks it is.

3:16 has the easiest system I've ever played. You get two stats, on a scale of 1-10.

Combat Ability
Non Combat Ability

Are you trying to hurt/kill things? Use Combat Ability.
Everything else, use NonCombat Ability.

Roll a d10. Roll equal or under your score, but higher is better.

PbtA is pretty easy to use though, and I highly recommend 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:57 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
I was joking, Rain has reposted a comic strip where Capt says something to the degree of, "When the world tells you to move, You say no. You move" Just imagined, it would of been an interesting play for him to play a Capt. esk character and was a Rick Flag(Suicide Squad) to a bunch teenager heroes. the whole thought experiment was funny to me. And I wondered if anyone else would draw the same thought.

edited

I appreciate the thought/mention! The last superhero I played was part of a teenage superhero group. It was a violinist who lost her hands (and parents) in a bad car accident, and struggled with prosthetics, but had superpowered phantom limb effects through prosthetics when playing a violin to create supernatural music effects.

This kind of creativity is why I'm forbidden from playing a Brainer in AW.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:59 pm
PupSage
Rain Yupa

Can I get a subforum.

Masks: Heroes of Rook City

Done

Sentinels of the Multiverse reference?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:08 pm
Rain Yupa

Hey Rain, are you going to join us on this? Alphabet's going to play so if you come along that will give us an even 4.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:45 pm
Rain Yupa
Southern Cross Nemesis
I was joking, Rain has reposted a comic strip where Capt says something to the degree of, "When the world tells you to move, You say no. You move" Just imagined, it would of been an interesting play for him to play a Capt. esk character and was a Rick Flag(Suicide Squad) to a bunch teenager heroes. the whole thought experiment was funny to me. And I wondered if anyone else would draw the same thought.

edited

I appreciate the thought/mention! The last superhero I played was part of a teenage superhero group. It was a violinist who lost her hands (and parents) in a bad car accident, and struggled with prosthetics, but had superpowered phantom limb effects through prosthetics when playing the violin to create supernatural music effects.

This kind of creativity is why I'm forbidden from playing a Brainer in AW.

I don't see that as being a bad thing. Especially, in a superhero game, definitely beats most the things DC and Marvel put out.

Though sweatdrop I admit every time you say Brainer in AW, I am thinking the "...weird psycho psychic ******** of Apocalypse World." And not the supersmart Tony Stark-like Brain role in Masks. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:40 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
I don't see that as being a bad thing. Especially, in a superhero game, definitely beats most the things DC and Marvel put out.

Though sweatdrop I admit every time you say Brainer in AW, I am thinking the "...weird psycho psychic ******** of Apocalypse World." And not the supersmart Tony Stark-like Brain role in Masks. sweatdrop

The AW Brainer is exactly what I mean. My old group doesn't trust my crazy. emo  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:42 pm
Kowsauni
Rain Yupa

Hey Rain, are you going to join us on this? Alphabet's going to play so if you come along that will give us an even 4.

I did not intend to. My life is very chaotic right now (it's been playing havoc on my health) and I'm at a "the less things I have to worry about, the better" stage until it settles. Which mainly involves evicting toxic lodgers (which I legally can't due to the pandemic) and finding a less toxic job (which is, again, difficult due to the pandemic).

If only I could get Lanzer to pay me to stay on Gaia and run/play PBP games.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:31 am
Rain Yupa

Sentinels of the Multiverse reference?

Yup  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain