Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
PupSage runs a PBtA Game Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:28 pm
Alright folks, I'm gonna try this again.

I'm going to run a game, a PBtA game specifically. I can get you access to the books, so don't worry there.

Masks: The Next Generation
Teen Superheroes ala Teen Titans. When there is trouble ... you are probably calling somebody else, but hey, this is who you get.

--------------------------------------------

Want to sign up? Sure thing, no full sheet needed at the moment because I am going to make a character keeper, i.e. all characters will be in the same document.

What I do need is a playbook claim.

Options:

Beacon - You don't have impressive powers, but you make up for it with enthusiasm.
Bull - You are strong and resilient, but you feel a little more than most. Defend your love or compete with your rival.
Delinquent - You aren't a team player. You aren't one to listen to the law. It doesn't mean that you won't save the lives of others.
Doomed - You are going to die. You can go out on your terms though. Will you burn out bright or fade quietly into the night?
Janus - Superheroing is great, but you've got a relationship, schoolwork, a family, a job, and so much else going on in your life. Can you find the balance?
Legacy - You are a hero, in a line of heroes. Will you get crushed under the pressure to hold up the legacy.
Nova - Your powers are destructive. You can do so much with them, but who is going down with you? Maybe you will just take yourself out.
Outsider - You came to Earth from beyond the stars. You can still contact your people, but now you need to figure out how to blend in here.
Protege - They taught you everything you know, but your mentor isn't done with you yet. Will you let them down?
Transformed - Your powers turned you into a monster. Struggle with being a hero to people that judge you.

Reformed - You used to be a criminal, but you've changed sides. Too bad you are still in crippling debt to some less than savory people.
Newborn - You were created. You were just born. How does one people? What is a soul? Figure it out.
Star - You are FAMOUS, which is great, but your fans expect things of you and fame is fickle.

Scion - Your parent is a famous villain. Top tier. Can you prove that you aren't them? Can you earn the respect of those around you?

Brain - You are a genius, you made an amazing thing, but not a not so amazing person is using it for not so amazing person. Use your tech to get it back.

Banned: Harbinger, Nomad, Soldier, Innocent, Joined  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:32 pm
About PBtA:

Its all on a 2d6 system, dice pools stay low.
Stats range from -2 to +3
You have a Playbook (or skin in some versions) that you can take moves from, as well as a few moves outside of that playbook.
Everyone has the same basic moves, but additional moves can modify the base moves or add new ones.
Exp is mostly determined by failing rolls (o.g. Apocalypse world is an exception to this)

It is one of the easiest systems to learn and a lot of fun.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:29 pm
I could only pick one, so went with Masks(For unknown reasons, ninja ). That said, I could play any one of them.

THAT said, I will gladly step aside if a new member wants to play, and a slot is needed.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:21 pm
I will create for the others as well. Just wondering if this format would work(other than the parts that need the team, which were left blank, or off the page).

Christopher Barnum

Image:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Look:
Man, White, Normal skin, Casual clothing, No Costume

Abilities:
Sorcery

Labels:
Danger 1
Freak 2
Savior 0
Superior 1
Mundane -1

Backstory:
When did you first use your powers? I was 5 when they say parents committed suicide and I was handed me over to my uncle. A short time, later he began my training. Little did I know, then, the kind of monster he was. As part of the 'training', he would abused me physically, mentally, and any other '-ally's you can think of, just to draw out my power.

Who was the first person you accidentally hurt with your powers? I don't remember them, but my uncle told me that I had caused my parents' death. Whether that is true, or horseshite, is up for debate. The first remembered case had to be the man, on River street. Officer Miller was his name. He found me after I ran away from my uncle. I know now, he was just checking up on a battered 12-year-old boy, found crying under the docks. But, that the time, I didn't know... and when he touched my shoulder... I uttered an incantation in defense and sent him into the river with a broken arm.

Who, outside the team, helps you control your powers? I don't know, how, but when Officer Miller later found me. He didn't have fear and hatred in his demeanor, like other normals, but understanding and kindness. It was through him, I found Dr. Thomas Raith a therapist; and Mr. and Mrs. Barnum, other practitioners, and my future family.

Why do you continue to use your powers? I am in it to help. Thanks to the Barnums' and Raith, I see my magic is just another tool instead of a weapon of fear and hate.

Why do you care about the team?
(Waiting on the team for this one... )

When our team first came together...
We destroyed our surroundings in the fight.
Where was it? What did we destroy?

Relationships
You hang out all the time with (????) to blow off steam.
You once hurt (????) when you lost control of your powers.

Influence

Burn
Snatch: Spend 1 burn to use your powers to seize anyone object up to the size of a person from someone within view.
Boost: Spend 1 burn to supercharge a teammate’s efforts with your powers, giving them a +1 bonus to their roll as if you had spent Team from the pool
Elemental awareness: Spend 1 burn and mark a condition to open your mind up to the world around you with your powers. You can ask anyone question about the world around you, and the GM will answer honestly.
Reality storm: You channel a destructive burst with your powers. Spend 1 burn to directly engage a threat using your powers, rolling +Freak instead of +Danger. If you do, you will cause unwanted collateral damage unless you spend another burn.

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:55 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
I will create for the others as well. Just wondering if this format would work(other than the parts that need the team, which were left blank, or off the page).

Christopher Barnum

Image:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Look:
Man, White, Normal skin, Casual clothing, No Costume

Abilities:
Sorcery

Labels:
Danger 1
Freak 2
Savior 0
Superior 1
Mundane -1

Backstory:
When did you first use your powers? I was 5 when they say parents committed suicide and I was handed me over to my uncle. A short time, later he began my training. Little did I know, then, the kind of monster he was. As part of the 'training', he would abuse me physically, mentally, and any other 'ally's you can think of, just to draw out my power.

Who was the first person you accidentally hurt with your powers? I don't remember them, but my uncle told me that I had caused my parents' death. Whether that is true, or horseshite, is up for debate. The first remembered case had to be the man, on River street. Officer Miller was his name. He found me after I ran away from my uncle. I know now, he was just checking up on a battered 12-year-old boy, found crying under the docks. But, that the time, I didn't know... and when he touched my shoulder... I uttered an incantation in defense and sent him into the river with a broken arm.

Who, outside the team, helps you control your powers? I don't know, how, but when Officer Miller later found me. He didn't have fear and hatred in his demeanor, like other normals, but understanding and kindness. It was through him, I found Dr. Thomas Raith a therapist; and Mr. and Mrs. Barnum, other practitioners, and my future family.

Why do you continue to use your powers? I am in it to help. Thanks to the Barnums' and Raith, I see my magic is just another tool instead of a weapon of fear and hate.

Why do you care about the team?

When our team first came together...
We destroyed our surroundings in the fight.
Where was it? What did we destroy?

Relationships
You hang out all the time with (????) to blow off steam.
You once hurt (????) when you lost control of your powers.

Influence

Uncle, Mr and Mrs. Barnum, Dr. Thomas Raith, and Officer Miller...

Burn
Snatch: Spend 1 burn to use your powers to seize anyone object up to the size of a person from someone within view.
Moat: Spend 1 burn to create a barrier that will hold back threats as long as you keep your attention on it. The GM may call for you to spend another burn if the barrier is threatened by particularly powerful enemies
Shielding: You call up a fast protective field to stop the danger. Spend 1 burn to defend someone else from an immediate threat, rolling +Freak instead of +Savior.
Reality storm: You channel a destructive burst with your powers. Spend 1 burn to directly engage a threat using your powers, rolling +Freak instead of +Danger. If you do, you will cause unwanted collateral damage unless you spend another burn.

Naw, I have a character keeper for once we actually finalize what we are playing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:49 pm
PupSage
Naw, I have a character keeper for once we actually finalize what we are playing.

That works. xp

I just noticed there wasn't a character sheet for PbtA on Mythweavers, and the one I showed you on the discord didn't work on my phone.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:57 pm
Ahh, Apocalypse World. Good times, good times.

The only game where my group outright forbade me from playing a "class". No Brainers for Rain!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:04 pm
Rain Yupa
Ahh, Apocalypse World. Good times, good times.

The only game where my group outright forbade me from playing a "class". No Brainers for Rain!

Brainers are my jam ... Child things on the other hand ... cool powers, but ew kids.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:31 am
Man, It would be nice to play something not DnD. I am definitely interested. Finding the time to lean a new system might take me some time though. Oh, my vote is for masks.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:11 am
Kowsauni
Man, It would be nice to play something not DnD. I am definitely interested. Finding the time to lean a new system might take me some time though. Oh, my vote is for masks.

It is 100% the easiest to learn system I have ever come across. But sold, Masks it is.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:14 am
Rain Yupa

Can I get a subforum.

Masks: Heroes of Rook City  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:51 am
First post edited!  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:16 am
nova  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:39 am
Anyone besides me wants to petition for the allowance of the Soldier Role, with the caveat only if Rain wants to play it?

I mean, it is Captain America! and what is the one comic frame he keeps showing? xp  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:12 am
Southern Cross Nemesis
Anyone besides me wants to petition for the allowance of the Soldier Role, with the caveat only if Rain wants to play it?

I mean, it is Captain America! and what is the one comic frame he keeps showing? xp

Soldier is the only one on there banned for being OP. The joined is banned because imo its not a good "first play" playbook, and the others are all banned because I don't want time travel and space travel outside of a possible Outsider.

Soldier's whole "I use one stat for everything so long as I am acting under orders of my organisation" ability is broken. Let me buff that stat to +3 and lock it, and done.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff