Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was early in the morning; the dew still clung to the grass as if it never wanted to leave. Aoife slipped through the tall blades, walking at a leisurely pace to clear her head. Things had been quiet, though it was a very uneasy quiet. Too many visible scars were a reminder of that night, and it felt like things would return to disaster at any moment. Living on the edge for so long had been hard; she was exhausted. Her mixed visions kept her up at night, and though she was able to sleep some of her days away, she couldn't just live the remainder of this time in leisure.

So she had tried to mend some fences. Sort of. She ignored Vitha and her family, that would still to raw to mend. But she would check in on others were were effected by that night, and so she kept her eyes to the horizon, looking for silhouettes of recognizable figures. Anyone but Vitha, or even the king himself.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:15 pm
User Image

Dhahabu was adapting to life with one eye well enough. He was a little clumsier on the hunt but there were more than enough teams to make up for his occasional fumble. What kept him occupied now was his family. He was not, in fact, among those who still were searching for the answer to what happened to Wahabu and Shani.. he simply assumed they were dead and moved on. He didn't forget them, just as he didn't forget Uzuzi.. it was trying to keep the rest of the family from immediately dissolving into disconnected branches now that they didn't have the patriarch and matriarch to keep them together.

His success was middling at best. He, at least, was keeping in touch and he owed it in part to how well coordinated the messengers were since that night. A small white hare was just leaving him behind to go off and deliver a message on his behalf, dodging easily around the strolling Aoife on her way.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:54 pm
The white hare caught Aoife's eye as it dodged around her, legs quick and determined. She let her eyes follow after it for a long moment, her breathing the only sound she could focus on. Then, as was usual, the sounds of others, mixed with the breeze of the wind, groaning trees, and far off yells drew her back to herself. Right. The path.

"Well, hello there Dhahabu," she greeted him tentatively, not wanting to seem like she was invading. Her confidence had grown small; a tiny flame she protected within herself. She wouldn't let it grow too much, not yet. Aoife had learned to humble herself a bit, though as time passed she could feel her brash and confident nature determined to lead her back to her path of guidance for others.

"How are you on this quiet day?" she added on, offering a morsel of conversation.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:26 pm
"Aoife," Dhahabu responded brightly, quietly pleased with himself for remembering her name. Unfortunately, she stood out in the mess of things that had been going on lately. Maybe not for especially good but it was nothing particularly bad, either. Unless you were with that cult.. which Dhahabu was trying hard to keep out of his mind.

"Getting started early, there's always something to do," he said, "What about you?"

She looked tired, but he assumed she was just waking up.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:30 pm
She smiled softly, feeling a glimmer of warmth enter her eyes. Kind, he was, and she would appreciate any kindness she could receive. Her back straightened a bit as she felt herself relax, not needing to keep her legs so tense. Aoife had lost a bit of her talent on reading others, but she was working on regaining her perspective and anticipating what others needs were, if she could assist them.

"I am making my rounds, just greeting faces before I report for a hunting party. I try to keep myself busy so my paws don't react before my mind can, y'know?" She would sometimes find herself wandering while spaced out, jolting herself out of her thoughts when she was past the watering hole she had meant to visit. Or she would anxiously tear out the grass, a needless task that did more harm than good.

"I like to keep busy." A loaded statement.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:07 pm
Dhahabu nodded along with what she said, watching her relax a bit and vaguely recalling the part she had played in those chaotic days. He didn't remember much specific but he remembered her trying to be a calming presence in the midst of the chaos.

"Same," he agreed brightly, "It's good having something normal to focus on. Don't wanna be caught off guard again but you gotta enjoy the little things."

He certainly didn't have anything big to focus on, his project with the family was more trying to maintain that normalcy and not creating it. It didn't feel like the kind of project some of the others had taken on, becoming soldiers and preparing for the next crisis..

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:24 am
"You are correct!" Aoife felt herself brighten even more, a little light in her eyes returning. It was reassuring that one of her first conversations this morning was with someone who seemed to carry the same attitude as she did.

"I am hoping that brighter days continue to bloom before us." Her own visions had been very quiet, dreams that disappeared upon waking. Glimpses that ran faster than the antelope. It was frustrating, but she was learning to not depend as much on her visions than she had in the past.

"I am hoping to find a way to bring a little more warmth to this place. If I can get enough support, would you mind helping? It will probably be something small, like a celebration, but I want to do what I can to finish healing these old wounds."  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:56 am
Dhahabu perked up at the mention of a celebration to help cheer things up around it. It was the perfect idea, if they could actually get any such thing off the ground. It felt like it would be an uphill battle but knowing someone else was suggesting it, that he wouldn't be alone trying to do something like that.. it was very encouraging.

"Yes! Yes, of course," he answered enthusiastically, "That sounds like exactly what we all need, I'd love to help!"

It would have been unimaginable in the past that they might have to consider security measures for any celebration or gathering, but in the reality of it.. it felt like a good way to encourage everybody to be involved. The worriers and warriors alike would have an excuse to come around.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:31 am
The creamy lioness did not expect him to go against her suggestion, but there was still a sense of relief when he reacted to it so warmly. She offered him a warmer smile than before, a bob of her head acknowledging his acceptance to help.

"Perfect. I will be sure to inform you once things get more organized, Dhahabu. For now, I do hope that you have a good rest of your day, and I'm sure I will see you around later," she said with a firm nod.

She was hoping to run into one or two more acquaintances before she had to carry onto today's duties, but after speaking with Dhahabu, she would have an extra little jump in her step.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:04 am
"That sounds great," he said, still very enthusiastic. Dhahabu was spending so much time trying to be an organizer and only getting so far, maybe he'd find more success as the worker helping her out. And between them both they had so many connections that they'd have a good sized crowd even just from the few less enthusiastic family members who begrudgingly agreed to go along with it.

"Have a good day," he said, turning to hurry off to continue his plans for the day with some refreshed energy. He had already been thinking about who to visit with today and now he knew exactly where he was going.

Fin!  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out