Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
How has quarantine affected you?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I'd put a question here...
  But Carole Baskin fed it to the tigers.
View Results

Rysabi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:34 pm
Many of us have been forced to stay at home and are only allowed out for essentials due to the Coronavirus. This has allowed many people, like me, to come back from the inactive abyss.
I was busy with college, but now all classes have been moved to an online format. I might actually pass algebra now because we will be allowed to use notes on the final which will be taken at home, thank God. This class has been a real pain for me and I cannot wait to put it behind me and move on. The bulk of my coursework will be behind me after this semester, I still have classes to do, but they are nowhere near as intense as some of my other ones, so I will be on Gaia a lot more! Coronavirus has me at home and since I am high-risk for complications I haven't left my home in there weeks. I am going stir crazy and I just want to go to the store any mundane task outside my home would be nice. emotion_facepalm

I kept trying to come back to Gaia in the past but I think I just needed time away while new management figured out which direction to go in. Things got stale and I was feeling very burned out. I just needed time away. I haven't been on consistently in over a year, maybe more. I'm trying to find some footing in the site again, hopefully I will. I know I will be online while I'm stuck in the house though.

Discussion spoons!!! gaia_spoons
How is everyone doing?
How has life changed for you?
What do you want to do when this all blows over?
How do you feel about Gaia currently?
Excited about any changes on the site?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:41 am
Rysabi
Many of us have been forced to stay at home and are only allowed out for essentials due to the Coronavirus. This has allowed many people, like me, to come back from the inactive abyss.
I was busy with college, but now all classes have been moved to an online format. I might actually pass algebra now because we will be allowed to use notes on the final which will be taken at home, thank God. This class has been a real pain for me and I cannot wait to put it behind me and move on. The bulk of my coursework will be behind me after this semester, I still have classes to do, but they are nowhere near as intense as some of my other ones, so I will be on Gaia a lot more! Coronavirus has me at home and since I am high-risk for complications I haven't left my home in there weeks. I am going stir crazy and I just want to go to the store any mundane task outside my home would be nice. emotion_facepalm

I kept trying to come back to Gaia in the past but I think I just needed time away while new management figured out which direction to go in. Things got stale and I was feeling very burned out. I just needed time away. I haven't been on consistently in over a year, maybe more. I'm trying to find some footing in the site again, hopefully I will. I know I will be online while I'm stuck in the house though.

Discussion spoons!!! gaia_spoons
How is everyone doing?
How has life changed for you?
What do you want to do when this all blows over?
How do you feel about Gaia currently?
Excited about any changes on the site?

First of all, I usually live on another world even though it has some cases of this virus too and is being handled lots faster than that of earth so people are allowed to go places as long as they follow certain rules. Some stores have closed down in my world due to it, but only out of safety and will reopen. No business fee is being charged like usual during this time so stores can re-open no matter what.

Secondly, I am visiting my mom right now because her parents are such losers when it comes to her psychological needs. She needs to have someone around her at all times just so that she can be happy. True they don't have to be breathing down her neck or anything, but more for support. Her dad brings her groceries every once in a while and her prescriptions just to prevent her from going out.

Third, my son Keitaro is looking after my farm while I am away and there are lots of people there to help him if he needs it. I told him to call me if he needs me for anything and so far that phone has been quiet.

Finally, I am loving Gaia. It is a great place to do lots of bragging and hopefully make new friends. I also like to role-play, but only as an original character and its not easy playing someone other than me though I haven't really given it a try either. I mean to role-play as a different character other than me.  

Ochru

☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff