Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Restart Check: Warm Springs Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:34 pm
Being I am now unemployed and my state is under a "stay at home" order, I am asking if anyone would like me to restart the Warm Springs or just move it and continue where we left off(possibly adding players or pumpkins).  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:24 pm

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:26 pm
I'd vote restart. Tons of new content has been released since then and with so much dead time my connection to the character is near zilch.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:51 am
If we did press the restart, I would be changing a number of things ao it wouldn't be the same story. So, I would be okay if the players made new characters or kept with their originals.

One of the key differences would be how we start and how much info you would know at the start. Current working thought, the players were in or from the town. This would give me a chance to explain the town's backstory more plainly. As the characters would already know it and I don't need to explain why all the adults are gone at the same time as what is happening now.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:39 am
I wouldn't mind picking up where we left off but I am up for starting over if that is what people would prefer. I would probably stick with Zenyatta or perhaps change to Mika, the other warlock I already made. I don't know when I will have time to make a new character. I guess I could potentially play Enyo since she already has a sheet.

((BTW will get a post up in soon in Glimmers. Just trying to get a map from alphabet but things have just been crazy recently with the kids.))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:40 am
I will put it this way, this will be the creation rules and backstory for a restart.

[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

Restart's story
As the Three Nations War intensifies over the control of the barren lands, and possibly a large untapped adamant mine. Far away from that fight stands a Lavendar Springs. The silent hamlet is hidden from the world by the forests at foot of the Redstone Mountains. Whether of birth, or travel, you found yourself within the grove village; until recently the biggest problems were with elven raiders and the occasional wolf attack. With both kept in relative check by Mayor Uriel Pegason and the town’s friendly, but loud, orcish neighbors.

Though it was commonplace that each year the king would recruit a few adult humans of the poorer caches to add to his army, using the conflict as an excuse the conscripters have
begun appearing seasonally. Leaving Springs a town of frail and children… before ultimately coming to an armed conflict between Uriel, Warchief Grimfang, and the conscripters. In which, left the town without a mayor and the orcs without a war chief.

You are one of the only capable individuals of combat age left in the town. Due to this the son of Uriel and currently acting mayor, Adoros, has asked you to meet with him in the tavern to discuss matters left undone.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Player's Handbook, Revised Ranger are also allowed.
Banned Resources: Anything else will be judged case by case. (Meaning, If you want to do the leg work, betting odds, it will be approved.) So far, only Lizardfolk are sidelined.

ECL: 3
Gold: Standard starting equipment, Or roll for your starting gold(PHB pg 143).
Races: The races found in the PHB alone.
Ability Scores*: Standard array or point buy for stats (PHB pg 13)
xxxxxxxxxx*
Alignments: No evil, Suicide Squad sucked.
Pantheon: Standard

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] We are playing with feats, so yes the Variant Human is allowed.

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:20 pm
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2192499

Rogue: Scout?
Faction agent background? Just because badge of official group here to help. All it really gives me is a free room.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:06 pm
I should add if you want to Zenyatta, by all means, play the unicorn blessed friendly mare. I won't stop you, nor will I stop you if you want to play Mika or Enyo, or Irene. smile

Though, the last one may get a little confusing.

PupSage

Faction agent background? Just because badge of an official group here to help. All it really gives me is a free room.

Both, are allowed.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:42 am
PupSage

Faction agent background? Just because badge of official group here to help. All it really gives me is a free room.

Theren Duskbane a forward scout for the Lord's Alliance. Normally sent out to help solve any problems that are affecting the trade routes or towns that make goods, and occasionally sent out to hunt monsters coming out of the forest, he is an expert tracker at home in nature or a city.

While many say that the Lord's Alliance only does what it has to do to keep coin in their pockets, Theren does it to help the common folk. He has little regard for the comforts of wealth and what he doesn't need to secure the occasional inn stay or supplies goes back to his wife Lillian, a human innkeeper who is handy with a great sword as well as ale brewing and his child Dorothea, or as she prefers, Thea, a half-elf preteen eager to explore the word once she graduates from the local Bardic College, though last year she wanted to run into the woods and find a druid to teach her to become a giant kitty, so who knows if she will stick with that plan.

Theren keeps an even temperament with all and tries to avoid violence when he can. Though he may draw a weapon first, he rarely claims first blood in a fight. In regards to elven society, he has chosen to separate himself from the xenophobia of his local tribe in favor of a small town he calls home which is largely inhabited by humans and halflings. Though before he called that place home he was a little whelp of a soldier in a fighting crew under the half orc captain, Waruk Shazbush and his lieutenant Gramil Deepfoot, a one eyed dwarf with burn marks where his beard should be, who always bragged on his husbands baking skills.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:05 pm
Hi, I'm completely new to the guild.
I've been playing D&D 5e for years now.
I've played online games and at home games
never played on Gaia before
but as of recent I've been bored with this Stay at Home order
so I'm looking to try something I can do while I work from home
biggrin

SunnyTasha

Friendly Fatcat

7,950 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:57 pm
SunnyTasha
biggrin

Fair heads up this will last beyond the quarantine.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:06 pm
PupSage
SunnyTasha
biggrin

Fair heads up this will last beyond the quarantine.

I figured as much.
Most campaigns I've played have been at almost a year or more.
Right now I just have a lot of time on my hands.

SunnyTasha

Friendly Fatcat

7,950 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:10 pm
Ima cooking something up. I have three characters I am working on depending on what everyone else picks. First option is Re-skinning a feral tiefling as a Swifting Shifter and playing her as a Mystic. I'm also working on converting my Oni-tiefling, Takara, to 5ed, playing her as either a brute fighter or a kensai monk so I can get some mileage out of a greatclub. Lastly I'm thinking about re-skinning a Centuar as a Lamia with some flexabilty on what class she could be, preferably something that could take advantage of her natural attacks.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:42 am
I will say from playtesting that there is a reason Brute never made it into a book despite the release time. It plays a bit broken. Likewise Mystic is still being tweaked by WotC. Kensei is super solid though.

Thats sort of the thing with UA its not all perfected. Brute isn't bade pre- level 7, but the 7 and 15 abilities have really proven unbalanced comparatively. Doubly so on a half orc.

Zealot Barbarian can get you some similar flavor. Extra damage, harder to kill.

Gaia is being weird today.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash