Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
What instrument should I learn next?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rakashael

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:36 am
˜”*°•.˜”*°• I'm looking for the next instrument to learn. •°*”˜.•°*”˜
𝕴 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖍𝖔𝖜 𝖙𝖔 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖔 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖛𝖎𝖔𝖑𝖎𝖓 𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖊𝖓𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍, 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝕴 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖊𝖞 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖞 𝖘𝖕𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖒𝖎𝖙𝖊𝖉.
𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉 $𝟣𝟥𝟢𝒰𝒮𝒟 𝓈𝑒𝓉 𝒶𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉. 𝐼'𝒹 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝒻𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓈𝓉𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝑔𝓊𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓇 𝑜𝓇 𝓊𝓀𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓁𝑒. 𝐼 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓃 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉.
𝕀 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕒𝕝𝕤𝕠 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕠𝕓𝕧𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕝𝕪 𝕤𝕡𝕒𝕔𝕖.
ɪ'ᴍ ᴄᴏɴꜱɪᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴀ ʟʏʀᴇ ᴏʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ʜᴀʀᴘ. ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀ ʟʏʀɪᴄᴀʟ ꜱᴏᴘʀᴀɴᴏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟʟʏ ꜱᴏꜰᴛᴇʀ(ꜱᴏ ꜱɪɴɢɪɴɢ ʟᴏᴜᴅ ᴛᴀᴋᴇꜱ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴇꜰꜰᴏʀᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ).
ɪ ᴀᴍ ʜᴏᴘɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ꜱᴜɢɢᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴅᴠɪᴄᴇ. ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ.

gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star
heart heart heart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:30 am
Rakashael
𝕴 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖍𝖔𝖜 𝖙𝖔 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖔 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖛𝖎𝖔𝖑𝖎𝖓 𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖊𝖓𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍, 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝕴 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖊𝖞 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖞 𝖘𝖕𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖒𝖎𝖙𝖊𝖉.
𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉 $𝟣𝟥𝟢𝒰𝒮𝒟 𝓈𝑒𝓉 𝒶𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉. 𝐼'𝒹 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝒻𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓈𝓉𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝑔𝓊𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓇 𝑜𝓇 𝓊𝓀𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓁𝑒. 𝐼 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓃 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉.
ɪ'ᴍ ᴄᴏɴꜱɪᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴀ ʟʏʀᴇ ᴏʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ʜᴀʀᴘ. ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀ ʟʏʀɪᴄᴀʟ ꜱᴏᴘʀᴀɴᴏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟʟʏ ꜱᴏꜰᴛᴇʀ(ꜱᴏ ꜱɪɴɢɪɴɢ ʟᴏᴜᴅ ᴛᴀᴋᴇꜱ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴇꜰꜰᴏʀᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ).

heart heart heart

Greetings Rakashael,

You should learn the Violin. You could become the next Lindsey Stirling. Good luck!

As an inspiration to you, Shadows is one of my favorite songs by Lindsey Stirling:

Verner Von Richthofen

Fortuitous Seraph

6,050 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

Rakashael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:15 pm
Verner Von Richthofen
Rakashael

heart heart heart

Greetings Rakashael,

You should learn the Violin. You could become the next Lindsey Stirling. Good luck!

As an inspiration to you, Shadows is one of my favorite songs by Lindsey Stirling:

I already play the violin. I have a violin but I don't know any luthiers and fixing the instrument costs as much as getting a new one(my violin would easily cost $400USD). It has a slipping tuning peg, broken A string(but it needs new strings overall because they're old), new bow hair, and new rosin. Rosin by itself costs $20-30 and good strings cost 20-30 per string. I think I've decided on the harp, but it means I still have to save up. I kinda still want to learn the erhu but there isn't much of a range and you can't play chords with it and there's a pretty steep learning curve even with a violin background. With harp the learning curve will be almost zero because I've played both violin and piano in the past.
Also, Lindsey Stirling is far more skilled than I could hope to be, mainly because I only started playing violin in the later part high school.
I appreciate the encouragement and your opinion helps put things into perspective for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:51 pm
Verner Von Richthofen
As an inspiration to you, Shadows is one of my favorite songs by Lindsey Stirling

Shadows is one my favorite songs (and videos) by Lindsey Stirling too! Also get a chuckle out of the Mission Impossible cover. ninja

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:05 pm
Rakashael

sweatdrop I was going to suggest the theremin. No strings though. The basic kit could be purchased for less than $130, but advanced costs a lot more. Lyre sounds cool.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:52 pm
Darkerdemons
Rakashael

sweatdrop I was going to suggest the theremin. No strings though. The basic kit could be purchased for less than $130, but advanced costs a lot more. Lyre sounds cool.

The theremin, I should look into that one.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've heard of the theremin but never heard it live.  

Rakashael

☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff