Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Harvest Moon Magical Melodies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ochru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:56 pm
I do apologize if my last post seemed rude, but some of what was listed I tried and wasn't a heart gift. Maybe with the two different versions, its different.

I did find out that Maria does in fact love Stewed Yam.

I do commend you for posting stuff for me to try though and that you are willing to see for yourself who likes what. Just remember, a heart gift or a favorite is when you see those three hearts floating above a character's head. A Happy gift or something a character likes has those green marks above the character's head. A normal gift is when you get a thank you, but nothing special happens.

An example would be:

Blue loves high quality eggplant because you see the hearts whereas if you give Alex some coral, that's a happy gift. Martha also likes coral, but its not her favorite. I think Martha loves dyed yarn. I would have to wait until spring to grow green herbs and high quality breadfruit to see if Martha loves the high quality breadfruit.

There may be a difference. You can buy normal quality breadfruit from the spring farm, which when given to Martha is only a happy gift. So its not any quality as stated to get the hearts.

I know that I gave high quality breadfruit to Ellen and that was a heart gift, but I don't think its the same reaction with normal quality.

One of the tips given by Fogu in fact was when giving crops, try to give the high quality stuff, which boosts the chances of a heart gift.

I sure hope this helps and that I didn't offend anyone. If I did, I am sorry.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:35 pm

It's alright, no worries. It's just a fun game, right?
&
To take the tension from the misunderstanding, I'm curious... who is your favourite bachelor, bachelorette and villager? I like Kurt as bachelor, Dia as bachelorette, and my favourite villager is a tie between the fruit orchard owner Ronald and the blacksmith Tai User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rissa Unit

Shirtless Waffles

Ochru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:32 am
Rissa Unit

It's alright, no worries. It's just a fun game, right?
&
To take the tension from the misunderstanding, I'm curious... who is your favourite bachelor, bachelorette and villager? I like Kurt as bachelor, Dia as bachelorette, and my favourite villager is a tie between the fruit orchard owner Ronald and the blacksmith Tai User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

For the available guys to marry, though this would be my brother Link who would love this question since he's gay and I'm not, I have to say Basil the Plant hunter. Its the one way to make him stay during the winter otherwise he leaves.

For the ladies... well... I am looking for a new wife from that village (kinda embarrassing, but whatever), I like Ellen. She's sweet, she gives me a puppy day 1, and she is easy to woo. Plus her dad kinda reminds me of Tow Mater with those teeth.

My favorite villager would have to be woody. He builds me bigger homes, offers me bigger kitchens since I like to cook things, and he is the one I have to go to if I want more land even though it means befriending the mayor to get more land available to me.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:40 am
I'm kinda wondering if we should make a big list, or three big lists of the types of gifts and the affection rates. Like we make a list for heart gifts and if its tried and true, then it goes under that list. If its a happy gift then it goes in a new list. If its a normal gift, it goes in a third list.

But we name the villagers in the list and then simply edit from what we found.

Heart gifts - building people

Mayor's house

Theodore

Potatoes

Library

Maria

Stewed Yams

Junk shop

Michael

Potatoes

Ann

Corn
Rare ore

Louis

Moonstone

Blue sky ranch

Blue

High quality eggplant
maybe Amethyst (not tried)

Ellen

High quality breadfruit
maybe High quality cocoa (not tried)

Hank

Gold ore

Bob

Silver ore

The clinic

Alex

High quality turnips (not tried)

Martha

Dyed yarn (gotta confirm this)

The hospital

Gina

High quality bell peppers

Dia

Blueberry items

Paradise orchard

Ronald

Some type of fruit, but not sure which one. I gotta try apples, oranges, and grapes to find out which one.

Dan

Apples or grapes not sure which one.

Meryl

I think strawberries.

Moonlight cafe - the bar

Duke

Eve

Soda

Carl's cafe

Carl

Herbal tea
Special quality eggs

Katie

Special quality eggs
High quality cocoa (have yet to confirm)
High quality breadfruit (have yet to confirm)

Perch inn

Doug

Corn
High quality green pepper

Gwen

Very berry jam

Nami

High quality tomatoes

Gourmet

Truffles
Strawberries

Spring farm

Nina

Liz

The wood cutters place

Woody

High quality eggplant
Special quality milk

Joe

Corn (have to try it)
Deep fried fish (have to test it)

Kurt

Blue mist flowers
Tomato Juice (gotta try this)

The blacksmith's

Tai

Rare ore

Tim

Pudding

The pottery place

Saibara

High quality eggplant
Good clay  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:16 am
The wanderers heart gifts

Ray

Moonstone

Basil

Red herb
Potana root

Henry

Your kid

Jamie

Strawberries  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:26 am
Building people happy gifts

Theodore

Maria

Michael

Ann

Copper ore

Louis

Blue

Ellen

Hank

Bob

Alex

Coral
Herbs
Blue Mist flowers
Special quality milk

Martha

Coral
Stewed Yam
Normal quality breadfruit

Gina

Toadstools

Dia

Ronald

Dan

Meryl

Duke

Eve

Aquamarine
Sapphires

Carl

Katie

Doug

Nami

Gourmet

Nina

Moondrop flowers
Pink cat flowers

Liz

Woody

Joe

Kurt

High quality tomatoes

Tai

Tim

Saibara  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:28 am
Wanderer happy gifts

Ray

Fish

Basil

Herbs

Henry

Your kid

Jamie  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:31 am
Anything else not listed here, will be considered a normal or below gift. Of course if there is something you wish for me to try because you think that the person will like or love it, then please list it below.

Right now, I am looking for the people who love the gems. That means rubies, amethyst, sapphire, diamond, emerald, topaz, aquamarine, and opals. So, if you think you know then list them here and I will try it.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Ochru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:11 pm
Mom, can you update that Eve likes Sapphires next time you are on? Its a happy gift.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:14 pm
Thanks Ochru.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items