Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Hello Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bi-loving

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:10 pm
Hello. Thank you for accepting me into your guild!

I am bi-loving, but you can call me Bibi. heart

I have played Dungeons and Dragons 5e and Mutants and Masterminds. I play a ranger normally in DnD and in MaM I played a lamia mutant.

I have attempted to DM in 5e once and while my friends said I was fine, I know I did battles wrong (forgot to check things against armor class...)

I would love to get some tips and tricks for DMing

Thank you!

Bibi heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:18 am
There is only one Law of TTRPGs.

1. Your word is the final word in your game. What is written in the books, how far you let your players metagame or push an agenda. All else is just suggestions.

As long as everyone is having fun, and you partially constant with your judgments, few will care if you didn't match what is in the books.

That said, taking one aspect of the game and focused on improving it between seasons won't hurt. Example, refreshing you understanding on the rules of grappling, because you disliked how you handled a combat scene. Or, making note cards of Stat Blocks/Spells/Rules you need to remember.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:34 am
Hello Ms. Bibi!

Welcome to the guild. We are in a bit of a lull, though I keep hoping people will start creating more games and activity will rise again. I'm partially to blame as RL obligations often only afford me one or two days a week at my PC these days, compared to having time every day like I used to.

SCN is correct about the rules. Feel free to modify or drop rules as needed when you're running! When asked if you are a god, you say 'yes'!

Question for your M&M character. By a lamia "mutant", do you mean in the way that marvel mutants are depicted? That is, during adolescence she transformed into that shape? If so, I imagine that would have been very distressing for them!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:10 pm
Rain Yupa
Hello Ms. Bibi!

Welcome to the guild. We are in a bit of a lull, though I keep hoping people will start creating more games and activity will rise again. I'm partially to blame as RL obligations often only afford me one or two days a week at my PC these days, compared to having time every day like I used to.

SCN is correct about the rules. Feel free to modify or drop rules as needed when you're running! When asked if you are a god, you say 'yes'!

Question for your M&M character. By a lamia "mutant", do you mean in the way that marvel mutants are depicted? That is, during adolescence she transformed into that shape? If so, I imagine that would have been very distressing for them!

Yes, that is how I planned her. Her name is Heather and along side her twin sister Victoria they both turned into half snake women when they were in their teens. Victoria took to it and went off to become a villain, since she had strength and dexterity and was very smart. Heather took to hiding until she became a hero because she was mildly ashamed of her new form and she was very deadly, all kinds of toxic and very strong. Now she is considered a hero and she spends her free time curled up on a nice rock in the middle of the park in the city she lives in, next to what I called the "swan boat lake" so all the couples on those swan boats and next they see 30ft long snake woman with a complete dislike for shirts lounging in the sun  

Bi-loving

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:17 pm
I like M&M, but Masks is my superhero game of choice.

I've done a lot of M&M, but much in the vein of 3.5 and Pathfinder the balance can get REALLY off.

Masks keeps things balanced and is great at creating a game that is more about drama and rp and less about having a +35 to punching bad guys in the face.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:20 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
There is only one Law of TTRPGs.

1. Your word is the final word in your game. What is written in the books, how far you let your players metagame or push an agenda. All else is just suggestions.

As long as everyone is having fun, and you partially constant with your judgments, few will care if you didn't match what is in the books.

That said, taking one aspect of the game and focused on improving it between seasons won't hurt. Example, refreshing you understanding on the rules of grappling, because you disliked how you handled a combat scene. Or, making note cards of Stat Blocks/Spells/Rules you need to remember.

Thanks. I realized when I thought about the game later that my friends were very unlikely to survive if I didn't work with what we had and I stuck to the rules because they were a very rough group and I could only physically see one of their character sheets because one was joining us via video chat and two of them had theirs on their phones so I feel they were not even really completed or done well enough for the classes they chose... I love my friends but two rouges (One tiefling, one drow), a bard (half elf), and a druid (gnome) made for a very strange party  

Bi-loving

Bi-loving

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:22 pm
PupSage

I've done a lot of M&M, but much in the vein of 3.5 and Pathfinder the balance can get REALLY off.

Masks keeps things balanced and is great at creating a game that is more about drama and rp and less about having a +35 to punching bad guys in the face.

Sounds interesting. Is it just called Masks or is there a longer title to look it up under?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:53 pm
Bi-loving
PupSage

Sounds interesting. Is it just called Masks or is there a longer title to look it up under?

Masks: A New Generation, its part of the Powered by the Apocalypse series.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Bi-loving

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:25 pm
PupSage
Bi-loving
PupSage

Thanks. I'll look it up and may try to do a game with my friends sometime if they are into it  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:37 pm
Bi-loving
PupSage
Bi-loving
PupSage

Thanks. I'll look it up and may try to do a game with my friends sometime if they are into it

Its super easy for pick up and quick start games.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:43 pm
PupSage

I didn't know they had a PbtA superhero version. surprised  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:21 pm
Rain Yupa
PupSage

I didn't know they had a PbtA superhero version. surprised

One of my favorites actually. MotW is good, as is Fellowship, despite previous interest in this guild, after playing Monster Hearts I can attest that it is the creepiest RPG experience I have ever been in. (Lets try to seduce and screw the other PCs ... that was largely the point of that terrible game with a cool and enticing cover premises.)  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Bi-loving

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:24 pm
So I know its been a while since I posted on here, all this real world stuff was making my job hard and I had reached a point where stress led to sleep more often then not...

BUT~~~

My friends have convinced me to try and make a campaign for 5e, which I have never done before and while I have and idea for a story, based in the world of Alice in Wonderland but being a before or after Alice kind of story.

My problem is figuring out what races would be in Wonderland... any ideas? I figured humans, tabaxi, and maybe elves but what else could I offer up to my friends?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:37 pm
Between Covid19 and the craziness of world, I think most of us can understand.

It has been a while since I have watched Wonderland and I can't remember all the characters. So, my ideas might be better left aside.

That said, re-flavoring maybe your friend.

Keep in mind you have Humans and Variants Humans. One could be the card people and the second normal humans(If you can call Alice and Mad Hatter normal)

Tabaxi to be the Rabbit race

Tiefling (Glasya) of Mordenkainens Tome of Foes as Cat.

The catapiller could be any of the flying races, or a druid.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Bi-loving

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:48 pm
I was wanting to get a list of races together for my friends to use for their characters, not wanting them to be canon Wonderland characters. I want them to just be citizens of Wonderland who get caught up in a trial because someone stole the Queens tarts (as one does) and then the rest of the campaign would be the party being forced by the queen to go kill the Jabberwock

I know I would need to create the canon characters to be used as NPCs, so thats also fun  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff