Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Just came back confused

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kibamp02

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:52 am
Ive been away for some time now and im kinda confused what is plat exactly? I only know gold and gcash? Where do you get this plat exactly? owo sorry im sooo confused. Please enlighten me sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:48 am
sysauce
Ive been away for some time now and im kinda confused what is plat exactly? I only know gold and gcash? Where do you get this plat exactly? owo sorry im sooo confused. Please enlighten me sweatdrop

Hi there! Welcome back!

Gold still exists but due to inflation they introduced a new currency called Platinum. You'll get Plat or Platinum the same way you used to get Gold: By posting in the forums, playing games, selling stuff in the marketplace, etc

Go to My Gaia > Account Settings > Under General Settings you can choose your currency type to be either Gold or Platinum. I'm using Platinum and I'm not sure about the conversion rate between Gold and Platinum.

I hope that answers your question.  

Dee Septi Cohn

kibamp02

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:32 am
Dee Septi Cohn
sysauce

Hi there! Welcome back!

Gold still exists but due to inflation they introduced a new currency called Platinum. You'll get Plat or Platinum the same way you used to get Gold: By posting in the forums, playing games, selling stuff in the marketplace, etc

Go to My Gaia > Account Settings > Under General Settings you can choose your currency type to be either Gold or Platinum. I'm using Platinum and I'm not sure about the conversion rate between Gold and Platinum.

this helps a lot!! Thank youuu owo  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:43 am
sysauce
Dee Septi Cohn
sysauce

Hi there! Welcome back!

this helps a lot!! Thank youuu owo

No problem!! biggrin  

Dee Septi Cohn

BethanySundfor

Feral Fashionista

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:00 am
Gold and plat are two ways of talking about the same thing; your earned in game currency. Gold has inflated so much it's not uncommon to hear people talking about it in a quantity of trillions. To shorten the amount of zeros people have to talk about and focus on significant digits, 1 platinum is basically worth 100 million gold. Functionally you'll see things like collectible and cash shop items trading for 30-40,000 platinum, which is a lot like the gold amounts they traded for 10 years ago. Even though the name and color is different, it makes things feel more familiar and easier to type.

I strongly recommend everybody switch to plat.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:02 am
Dee Septi Cohn
sysauce

Hi there! Welcome back!

It's 1 platinum = 10 million gold

so 100 plat is 1 billion gold.  

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:03 am
BethanySundfor
Gold and plat are two ways of talking about the same thing; your earned in game currency. Gold has inflated so much it's not uncommon to hear people talking about it in a quantity of trillions. To shorten the amount of zeros people have to talk about and focus on significant digits, 1 platinum is basically worth 100 million gold. Functionally you'll see things like collectible and cash shop items trading for 30-40,000 platinum, which is a lot like the gold amounts they traded for 10 years ago. Even though the name and color is different, it makes things feel more familiar and easier to type.

It's 10 million gold.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:05 am
Darkness and Wings
BethanySundfor

It's 10 million gold.
My mistake.  

BethanySundfor

Feral Fashionista

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:10 am
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:06 am
sysauce

The Eternal Emperor, Verner Von Richthofen has given you a Welcome Back present. cheese_whine  

Verner Von Richthofen

Fortuitous Seraph

6,050 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

kibamp02

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:34 pm
Verner Von Richthofen
sysauce

The Eternal Emperor, Verner Von Richthofen has given you a Welcome Back present. cheese_whine

You're awesome! Thank you!! heart  
☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff