Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
LK (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Here's a poll for you, kind stranger, have a good day!
  Thank you! You too :)
View Results

BigSunCowboy

Lonely Star

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:49 am
I just started playing Lake Kindred and realized that the capsules can be opened for items, but I'm really confused about what those items do and what I should do with them?

Mainly for items that ask about completing quests, or to choose a character (for example with Emerald Seeds, there are options to choose characters but I'm not sure what is best and what the results are supposed to be so have been too apprehensive to try)

Is there any resource with info about this or is anyone able to give some tips for what some of these items do/what I should choose?

Sorry if this question is confusing. I hope it makes sense! Thank you for taking the time to read this heart !!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:11 pm
BigSunCowboy
I just started playing Lake Kindred and realized that the capsules can be opened for items, but I'm really confused about what those items do and what I should do with them?
Mainly for items that ask about completing quests, or to choose a character (for example with Emerald Seeds, there are options to choose characters but I'm not sure what is best and what the results are supposed to be so have been too apprehensive to try)

Is there any resource with info about this or is anyone able to give some tips for what some of these items do/what I should choose?

Sorry if this question is confusing. I hope it makes sense! Thank you for taking the time to read this heart !!

Gaia refers to those types of items as Chance Items (CIs). Before Gaia coined a term for them, users affectionately referred to them as "RIGs/rigs." It stands for Random Item Generator but users like to say that they're rigged. Heeennnnceee Gaia stepped in with a different name.

Anyway <: every rig has a set pool of items. You get an item from that pool when you choose to open the rig. There is a rarity tier. Some items are very common while others are rare drops. This will have an effect on marketplace value.
... What also has an effect is the fact that so many people get the same rigs from LK. Also, the rigs you find there are old rigs that were once sold yeaaaars ago. So the style of a lot of the prizes you'll get will be on the older side. (I say all this, but I use all those old items all the time)

Anyway, what you do with them depends on the rig. Playing through the story is just a formality for most rigs. What you choose and do doesn't really matter. It'll fail or work depending on the back end code s**t.
There are some rigs out there where your answers and choices made a difference. If so, you'll usually see it marked in the list for that rig.
Once you have a lot of the items from a rig or just don't see yourself using items that come from that rig.. it can be more profitable to just sell the unopened rig on the mp.

Emerald Seed is a unique rig. It tells you upfront what your chances of "winning" are. I always try for the 10% option. If you save up a bunch and open them all at once, it does work out that you get an item about 10% of the time. I swear there was something in the 10% option that I wanted, but I don't see it in these lists. ... And I haven't opened them in a long time. XD;

Anyway I think this thread will help you. It lists LK rigs and links to item lists. That way you can get an idea of what's in a rig before you open it. (If you like an item, it's most likely a rare drop XD )
https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/lake-kindred/lk-rig-item-lists/t.100196283/#11

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers