NEWBIE'S F.A.Q.

What is there to do on Gaia?

There are lots of things to do on Gaia. Here is a sampling:

User Image Post in forums. Guilds are user-run forums.
First, if you haven't already, try posting in the Welcome to Gaia forum! This is a great place to introduce yourself and meet other new Gaians! See more in the "Where Should I Post?" section below.

Play
User Image There are some fun games where you can make friends and win various prizes!
The World page (the menu tab next to the Games page just under the banner at the top of this page) is your portal to games like Lake Kindred and Switchem!

Shop
User ImageUser Image It's fun to go shopping, and then dress up your avatar in all kinds of imaginative combinations! You can find different kinds of items in various shops, so look around. Most shops sell items for Gaia Gold or Platinum. More about Gaia coins later. Moira has a quest to help you get started if you click the SHOPS link at the left here.

Blog
User ImageUser Image You can set up your own Journal. You can set each entry to Public, Friends Only, or Private depending on who you want to be able to read it. You can set your Profile the same way. Find all that personal stuff under "My Gaia."

Where should I post?

Pick what interests you! Here's a list of some common interests and the best places you can discuss them!

Just Want to Chat or increase your post count: Chatterbox

Making Friends: Friends Chat

Games & Gaming: Gaming Discussion

Roleplaying: Barton Town

Anime & Manga: Anime, Manga & Cartoons

TV Shows: Entertainment Discussion

Music: Music

Dressing Up Your Avatar: Avatar Talk

Art: Art Discussion or Art Shops (artists selling their art for Gaia coins)

Meaningful Conversations: Extended Discussion

idea For tips on formatting your post and signature, check out Colors and Post Formatting

How can I get more coins?

User ImageThe short answer is almost everything you do on Gaia earns you coins.

Earning Coins on Gaia covers how earn coins by doing things here from posting to playing games to selling items in the Marketplace.

Who can I go to for help getting started?

Of course, we're always happy to help you if you need it here in the NSTG!

The Gaia Guides and Resources forum contains a lot of user-compiled information about the site!

If you're looking for gold donations, try the Charity Forum!

The Questions and Assistance forum is a great place to ask other Gaians any questions you may have!

If you have a problem, you can check out Contacting Gaia.

Remember: NEVER EVER GIVE YOUR PASSWORD TO ANYONE!
Gaia staff will never ask for it. Anyone (maybe posing as Gaia staff or saying they want to help you) who asks for your password is trying to steal your stuff and possibly get you banned. Report them!