Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Synister Studios - Open! Classes Open!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:25 pm
User Image

Synister Studios was opened in 2047 by Driskol Abrams. He opened it as a place to sell art, but also as a studio where he could paint and teach others the basics of painting.

The shop sells artworks of all sizes and sorts, plus Dris happily works with people to do custom paintings and commissions. He also works with Tassy at the Lilting Lyre to paint and sell custom designed instruments of all sorts.

Hours:
Monday-Friday: 9:00am - 6:00pm (Closed 12:00 - 12:45 for Lunch)
Saturday-Sunday: By Appointment Only

Now Hiring Shop Assistants!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:42 pm
Synister Studios Products and Services

One-on-One Painting lessons: 5G/Hour
Group Painting Lesson (Sat/Sun 12:00pm-2:00pm): 2G/Hour

Paintings vary in prices*, but are individually marked.

Mini: 1-4G
Small: 4-8G
Medium: 10-15G
Large: 15-20G

*Custom painting prices to be determined at consult

Painted Instruments* (prices also vary based on artwork)

Guitar: 15-25G*
Violin: 10-20G*
Ukulele: 10-15G*

*Plus instrument cost, unless you bring your own for painting*

**Custom painting prices to be determined at consult

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:01 pm
Current Employees:

Owner
Driskol Abrams

Shop Assistant
Fiana Byrnes

Painting Instructor
Driskol Abrams

Now Hiring!

Weekend Shop Manager

Shop Assistants

Application for Employment:
[b]Employee Application[/b]

[b]Hello, my name is:[/b] [url=PROFILE LINK]Full Name[/url]

[b]I would like to apply as a[/b] (Job Title) [b]at[/b] Synister Studios

[b]The things I love about this shop are: [/b] (minimum of five)

[b]The things I hate about this shop are: [/b] (minimum of five)

[b]Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: [/b] (Any additional information necessary to this application)

[spoiler][quote="Miss GryffindorK"][/quote][/spoiler]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:25 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx 𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓂 ℐ? Synister Studios
xxx 𝒲𝒽𝑜'𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒? Jules & Elara, Dris & Lewis
xxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓃? Art Shopping, Chit-Chatting
xxxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈? Just as messy as I remember...

Bet was in Diagon today, both girls in tow. Juliette had decided she wanted to help out with the shopping up, so Ferdie and Merc were having a boy's day. She was pretty sure they'd roped Ferdie's brother into their shenanigans too, but the kid was pretty good with the kids, so it was fine with Bet. For now, She had Elara tucked in her baby sling, with Jules held by the hand. "C'mon, Jules. We've gotta pick out art for Baby Elara's room, so it can be all pretty. It's almost done, and I know she'd just love it if you helped pick something out."

As they walked in the art shop, Bet looked over at a boy with wildly curly hair sitting in a comfy chair beside the counter. He had secured a jar of nutella and some biscuits, which seemed like a good snack option. "Daaaaaaaad! There are people here!" The boy said, in almost practiced level of annoyance. Somewhere from the back of the shop, another voice rang out, this one sounding familiar to Bet, and she had a guess as to what paint-covered human might emerge. "Lewis, buddy, can you greet them? I'll be right there."

Bet glanced back at the boy, who grumbled as he set his biscuit-and-nutella tray on the counter and wandered a little closer. "Hi there. My name's Lewis. This is my dad's shop. Please take a look 'round and let me know if you need me to get him from the back. If you want lessons, his calendar is there, and he's always here. Unless he's not here." Bet lifted an eyebrow, wondering if he'd done this a lot, of if he was just helping out for the day. "Well, thanks, Lewis. We'll just take a look, then."

As she was examining a piece done in a pretty pastel purple, the very person she'd thought she'd heard came from the back, colorful splotches of paint all up his arms. "Dris Abrams? No way! It's good to see you!" The tall man looked back, donning the goofy smile she'd remembered. "Oh hey, Bet! How're you and the kids? Oh! And Ferdie too!"

By this point, Lewis had grown rather... unamused. His dad was gonna talk to this lady (who had a little baby???) for like ever. and he was gonna be soooooooooo bored. He looked over at the other kid the lady brought, and dipped one of his biscuits in the nutella and walked over, hand outstretched toward her. "They're pro'lly gonna talk 'bout babies and boring grown-up stuff for like.... eleven hours. Want a snack? It's the best thing ever, 'cept for mac & cheese. Well... and chicky nuggies. But it's still yummy! I'm Lewis, by the way. If you wanna talk 'bout something cool. And not boring." He grinned, hoping if nothing else he'd made a new pal.

addaellis

Bet - #B19CD9
Lewis - #E31230
Dris - deepskyblue

Eᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs ᴍᴇᴇᴛ, ᴛʜɪs ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ɪs ᴀʟᴍᴏsᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ I ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴍᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʙʟᴏᴡs ᴍᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
I'ᴠᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴏʀ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs, I ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs
I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ, I'ᴍ sᴏ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
I ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʏ ᴍʏ sɪᴅᴇ, ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀ
Eᴠᴇʀʏ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ, ʙᴀʙʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀᴍᴀᴢᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʏᴏᴜ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:19 am

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫
JULIETTE CORINNE DELACROIX

6 years || quarter veela
Artist

As they walked through Diagon Alley, Juliette’s eyes wandered from shop to shop as she kept a calm pace with Mama. Diagon Alley was giant! Every time they wandered through it, it seemed to have grown a few more streets or buildings, and every building was some funny shape or color. Jules could only really recognize the Daily Prophet because Daddy was a Daily Prophet. Today Merc was hanging out with Daddy and Uncle Eyeball (Uncle Eion had a very cool cold eye like how Mama had a cold arm). And Jules was on a mission to help Mama decorate Lara’s room.

They arrived at an art shop, and a kid around Jules’s age called for his dad before introducing himself as Lewis. Jules looked around, feeling like there was a puzzle in all these paintings, if only she could figure it out. She squinted at the purple art that Mama was staring at, that looks more like crayon or chalk than paint and decided she didn’t know what it was. She liked the colors though. They seemed….complicated, like there was a puzzle in another language drawn into the paper.

Before Jules could ask Mama what she thought though, another adult came out, covered in colorful paint. Mama greeted “Dris Abrams” cheerfully. Jules waved quietly, examining the colorful man. He must be the painter of the colorful art around them.

Jules was about to go back to looking at the art when Lewis approached her, offering a snack and saying they were probably going to talk about babies and boring grown up stuff for a whole eleven hours. ”That’s a long time,” Jules commented with a grin, knowing it was an exaggeration. ”We’d miss dinner!”

Jules glanced over at Mama to make sure she could accept the snack. Sure Lewis seemed friendly and harmless, but just--”Is that chocolate?” A fellow liberator of chocolate! “Thank you! My name is Juliette, but you can also call me Jules. What do you think is cool? And not boring?”

setting Art shop, Summer 2054 || with Mama, Lara, Dris Abrams-adult, Lewis-kid
appearance 3 ft, white hair & blue-violet eyes ||wearing Denim overalls and black tee with mismatched space socks
status A fellow chocolate liberator!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I believe in fairy tales and serendipitous encounters
Catch a tiger by the tail and make a wish, drink from the fountain
I believe love will prevail, the path is clear for me to follow
Shooting stars will leave a trail for me to fill with joy and sorrow
Σℂ ⊱∫
"Dreamer" by Elizaveta.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:19 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Dad's Shop
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Dad, A lady, lady's baby, lady's daughter - Jules
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Escaping a boring conversation
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? She seems cool... probably

Lewis nodded at the girl, fully set to agree. "We'll pro'lly be here for the rest of our liiiiiiiiiives. Specially if dad starts talkin' bout the new baby coming. I've been checking the mail 'cause my grampa Milo says the baby's gonna be delivered soon. But... I dunno." He shrugged, not really excited to meet the new baby. He didn't know what the baby was gonna be, but he absolutely didn't want a brother. He was used to being the baby boy, and it was going to be really annoying to give up his spot. A girl, sure! Then he could be an extra special brother. But if it was a boy, there'd never be another girl, 'cause apparently daddy had had a doctor visit and now somehow they'd not have any more kids. Not that it mattered, given that momma was the one getting all round and cranky, not dad.

After offering the treat to the girl, she looked over at her mom, who nodded and sent over a thumbs up. It wasn't like Lewis spit on the food or anything! Besides, if she didn't want it... he did. She provided her name, Juliette (wasn't that one of the plays momma talked about?), but she apparently liked Jules better. Good. That sounded easier to say. She asked what he thought was cool, and he grinned brightly. "I like lots of things! Like art. I paint like daddy. Y'know, using my ears for the colors. And I like music, and explorin', and also nutella. and mac and cheese. and rocketships! How 'bout you? What's cool. and stuff." He hoped he was making a friend. Or at least someone to talk to for a while, since the grown ups were remembering their school days (which must have been like fifty years ago!)

{{Wearing: this shirt, shorts, and sneakers. all with a little paint smudged on them}
addaellis

Bet - #B19CD9
Lewis - #E31230
Dris - deepskyblue

I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴍɪɢʜᴛʏ ᴋɪɴɢ, sᴏ ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇs ʙᴇᴡᴀʀᴇ
I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɪɴ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɴᴏ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴡᴀs ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ
I'ᴍ ʙʀᴜsʜɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴡᴏʀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ʀᴏᴀʀ
Oʜ, I ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ᴡᴀɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ!
Nᴏ ᴏɴᴇ sᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴅᴏ ᴛʜɪs! Nᴏ ᴏɴᴇ sᴀʏɪɴɢ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!
Nᴏ ᴏɴᴇ sᴀʏɪɴɢ sᴛᴏᴘ ᴛʜᴀᴛ! Nᴏ ᴏɴᴇ sᴀʏɪɴɢ sᴇᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ!
Fʀᴇᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴜɴ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴅᴀʏ, Fʀᴇᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:11 am

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫

6 years || quarter veela
Artist

Lewis said that he was checking the mail for a new baby and Juliette paused for a moment before grinning. “You should check the hospital mail! Babies get delivered there and Mama and Daddy have to pick them up there,” Jules mentioned helpfully. “Like Lara,” she said pointing to the baby in a sling. “And my brother Merc. Mama had like a proto-Lara in her tummy for a long time, and then at some point, they pick up the complete Lara. I think it’s some kind of...fusion process. Like the hospital gets one part and Mama gets another part and then you have to connect them. I kept telling proto-Lara to sleep lots while inside Mama, so she can play when she gets out, but babies don’t listen very well.” She smiled proudly of her little siblings. Jules didn’t really understand babies, but loved it when Mama or Daddy said she was being a good sibling to Merc. Being a good guide to the word was her job! ”Are you the oldest in your family too?”

Jules accepted the treat with a happy bite, but the taste was...something weird. Not bad, just not normal chocolate. ”What kind of chocolate is this?”

Lewis said he liked lots of things, and painted like his Daddy. (Jules took a moment to realize that Lewis meant the colorful Dris Abrams and not her Daddy. Because apparently adults got special secret names. Jules still thought “Ferdie” and “Bet” were suspicious, but that was an investigation for another time.) Lewis liked music and exploring and something called nut-ella and mac and cheese and rocketships. ”Rocketships are cool! Do you know about black holes? Those are super cool!” said, turning her right foot around to show off the rocket on the sock. “I like drawing too! Not with paint, but with pencils usually? And lots of other things. I like asking questions? My daddy says its called in..in-something. It’s like when you ask questions and write a story based off what the person says, and then put it into a newspaper. Then there’s this question show Mama watches on the telly. I like videogames and football, and ice cream and cold tea. And chocolate of course!” she added with a playful blink. As a fellow liberator of chocolate, Lewis would understand! He seemed cool!

Jules was able to ask what kind of art Lewis did when she suddenly realized something about what he said. "Wait, did you say you used your ears for painting?" She imagined putting paint on her ears and rubbing on the side of a paper...like Speck maybe! Was that a new style of drawing?

appearance 3 ft, white hair & blue-violet eyes ||wearing Denim overalls and black tee with mismatched space socks
status A fellow chocolate liberator!

Σℂ ⊱∫
"Dreamer" by Elizaveta.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:55 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lewis nodded excitedly when Jules said he should check the hospital mail. Of course! How could he forget staying with grandpas while his momma and daddy went to the hospital! That must be where the new baby would be delivered to. It made sense. He got a little lost as she mentioned something about a fusion process, and that half was in momma, but half at the hospital. Brown eyes went wide, the boy looking a fair bit shocked. "You really think my momma's got half a baby in there?! That's super weird and yucky! What if they build the baby wrong and it has like... an arm on top of its head?! That's super weird. I thought momma was just gettin' round 'cause she's eating almost as much as daddy.... and he's like.. like always hungry. For real." He nodded, looking quite serious. He was gonna have to ask his momma just what exactly was going on here.

Luckily, the conversation soon shifted, and the focus was firmly on snacks. She tried the biscuit, then asked what kind of chocolate it was. "The best kind! It's called nutella. It's like... if chocolate and peanut butter mixed. but 'cept it's not peanuts. it's. um....." He pondered for a second, then hurried over to his dad. Interrupting for just a second, the tall man squat down while Lewis whispered over his question, then scurried back with an answer. "They're called hazelnuts! That's what they are. But it's real tasty." He was grinning, not noticing the grown-ups grinning and chatting now about the kids.

They dove into topics of fascinations, with Jules mentioning rocketships and asking about black holes. "No! But they sure sound neat. Maybe I can ask momma or daddy to tell me 'bout those. Or maybe my uncle Thane. He knows lots about space 'cause he likes space shows. They're pretty neat too." She even had space socks! How cool! He gestured at his own socks, which had fallen down a bit, and happily noted "Mine are breakfast socks! They matched my shirt, but I maybe spilled paint on it. So daddy told me to change into my cool fish shirt." He said this as though it were perfectly normal to be so covered in paint that a change of clothes was necessary, but perhaps that was just his family.

After a brief hesitation, Jules asked about his ears being needed for painting. That brought a big grin to Lewis' face as he nodded happily, curls bouncing wildly. "Mhm, yep. Me and daddy... and also maybe my lil sister Rosa. We have syn....synes... somethin' like that. Synestestia?" He furrowed his brows for a moment, then scurried back over to his dad. With another squat-down conversation, he hurried back. "It's called like this. 'Syn-ess-tee-shuh'. That's how it is. It means that we can see how sounds look. Like... your talkin'. It's like..." He looked around, finally pointing out a mint green color on one of his dad's paintings. "It's like that color! That's how it is. And Grandpa Wyatt says it's like a superpower! Since not everybody can see the colors of sounds."

{{Wearing: this shirt, shorts, and sneakers. all with a little paint smudged on them}
addaellis

Bet - #B19CD9
Lewis - #E31230
Dris - deepskyblue

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:40 pm

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫

6 years || quarter veela
Artist

Juliette shrugged, not really knowing how babies were built. That was Mama’s job, not hers! “I’m not really sure what would happen... But Mama is really good at building things so it’s been okay? Is your Momma good at building things?” Jules did know about the eating though. ”Yeah! Mama ate a lot as well. It’s because she had to split the food with Lara. And sometimes Lara would want to eat something so Mama would want to eat it too.”

Talking about babies somehow led into talking about snacks, and Lewis started explaining what nutella was, running off to ask Dris Abrams a question. ”Hazel-nuts?” Jules asked. She examined the snacks curiously. “I guess...chocolate mixed with anything tastes delicious!”

Lewis didn’t know what balck holes were but said they sounded neat, which was honestly Jules’s reaction to hearing things of the sort. She didn’t really know how to explain it besides ”I don’t explain it very well, but it’s like a vacuum...in space! She was excited to note that he had mismatched socks as well, and plopped down on the ground as they discussed socks. “I’m Team Bacon,” she decided immediately, poking the bacon sock. Lewis mentioned that he had probably gotten paint on his original shirt, and Jules nodded in understanding. There was a lot of paint around.

When she asked about using his ears for painting, Lewis answered that he and colorful Dris Abrams and a little sister called Rosa had--and he was off to use a lifeline again--had “Syn-ess-tee-shuh”, a superpower that let you see how sounds look. Apparently Jules’s voice was mint green. She studied the color with wide eyes. “Are you kidding me right now? That’s super cool!” She lowered her voice an octave. ”What if I talk like this. Does it become more like...deep green?”

status Cool conversations

Σℂ ⊱∫
"Dreamer" by Elizaveta.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:10 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lewis pondered when Jules mentioned her mama was good at building. She then asked if his momma was good too. "Well.... some stuff, I s'pose. She works at the theater and helps build up all the theater stuff. Right now she's on... um... I think it's just called momma break. But she spends lots of time at home, just waitin' on the baby. I hope it's not a boy, but momma doesn't know, and daddy won't tell me the secret. It's not fair that only daddies can know!"

After mentioning the hazlenutty goodness that was nutella, Jules seemed a bit concerned over it. "Yep! They have chocolate peanut butter too, but we didn't have any for snack time. And momma made us.... s'mores. that's what they are. With crackers, and chocolate, and a marshmallow, then we made it all melty, and it was like a lil sandwich! It was like a happy dance in my mouth!" He did a little happy dace, as if to explain how happy his mouth was the day they camped up in the back yard.

When they were talking about space, Jules explained black holes, earning a look of confusion from the boy. "Did you know cats don't really like the vacuum? 'Specially Picasso. He's a nekkid kitty. He runs away from the vacuum. Pro'lly since it sounds like a monster." Jules sat on the ground, so Lewis joined her, watching as she pointed at his bacon sock. "Then I'll be team egg! Momma's eggs always taste better than daddy's, but the best egg-guy is my Grampa Wyatt. He also makes barbecue. And it's real yummy." He nodded happily, belly grumbling. Maybe they could have a cook up at grandpas-es house soon so he could eat his favorite messy food. Plus then uncle Kalin would bring some tasty dessert. And maybe also Nan would come. And maybe by then momma would have the baby. Or maybe not. It seemed to be taking forever, after all.

As they spoke of his synesthesia, Jules seemed super excited, which was more than Lewis could say for his teacher at kindergarten, who had said he was lying for attention. Of course, that was until Daddy came in and saved the whole entire day. Jules made her voice deeper, then asked if her color got deeper. "Nuh-uh. It got... more bluer. Like... like someone mixed a lil blue in the minty green. And then swirled it all together. But it's still pretty close to the 'riginal. The cool thing is that I don't hear the same colors as daddy. Like he says momma's a purpley-red, but she's like.... a twinkly blue-purple for me. No red! Isn't that crazy?" His brown eyes twinkled, excitement firing up inside his little form.

addaellis

Bet - #B19CD9
Lewis - #E31230
Dris - deepskyblue

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:37 am

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫

6 years || quarter veela
Artist

Juliette didn’t know whether building things at the theatre helped with building babies, but ”Building is building right?” she said with a shrug. She did agree it sucked that adults had secrets though! ”Adults always keep so many secrets! It really is the worst! Kids don’t have nearly that many secrets! And I tell Mama everything!”

Lewis described the hazel-nuts and another snack he called s-more-s. He seemed to know a lot about chocolate snacks but they were always mixed up with other things. Jules listened carefully though, trying to remember this s-more-s so she could ask Mama to make it with her when they got home. ”Crackers and chocolate and marshmallow, melt everything, and then make it a sandwich?” she repeated with interest, counting the ingredients on her fingers. ”It’s like a chocolate sandwich!”

Jules nodded in agreement with Lewis’s cat Picasso. Vacuums were really loud and they always insisted on being the loudest thing in the room. ”They are too loud!,” she agreed. “Eggs belong in cake,” Jules asserted. ”Or pastries. If I was an egg I’d want to be in a chocolate cake!”

“What if I talk like this?!” Jules asked, pitching her voice in a high squeak. Lewis clarified that even though he and his dad both saw sounds, they might see different colors. “But there’s a bit of purple to her anyways? Are they usually similar? What does that mean?” This power sounded super cool, but Jules had so many questions about how it worked. ”Are they always the same? Like is your momma a purpley-blue when on the phone? Are songs secretly paintings? If you play a song on the piano does that sound different if you sing it or play it on uhhh...like that?” she asked, pointing to a painted violin on display.

status Cool conversations

Σℂ ⊱∫
"Dreamer" by Elizaveta.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:41 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Fun Talking
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Who doesn't like eggs????

Lewis shrugged along with Jules when she said building was building. He wasn't sure if that was right, since building with lego blocks was way different than building a boat or a building or even a rocketship. But weren't they all just called buildings? After mentioning his daddy's big secret, Jules seemed to understand, and even said she didn't have any secrets. "The only secrets I got are ones that'll get me in trouble. But most of my everything I tell momma and daddy. They hafta know stuff sometimes, right?" He shrugged again, looking over at his dad, who was showing off pictures, and he assumed they were of him and Rosa.

His attention moved back as they discussed snacks, and he grinned. "Yea! But you gotta use graham crackers. Don't use the salty ones momma gives on sick-tummy days. That'd make the s'more taste.... like... like real bad! But it's gotta be like a sandwich. You melt the marshmallow... like on a stick over a camping fire! Then you smush it between the cracker with chocolate and the cracker with no chocolate. 'Cause the marshmallow is all hot, so it'll melt the chocolate. It's real messy if you try to melt the chocolate too. Believe me!"

As they shifted to breakfast foods, Jules said eggs only belonged in cake or pastries. "Nu-uh. The best way is scrambley eggs with cheese. Or fried where the yellow stuff is still runny. Or in an eggy toast! That's my favorite way, 'cause you get egg and toast!" He grinned, tummy rumbling at the thought of breakfast foods. Man, he'd have to work hard to convince daddy they should have breakfast for dinner. Or maybe he could run away to Grandpas' house. Because Milo loved breakfast food. Well... actually... Lewis was pretty sure Grandpa Milo just loved all the food. But hey, so did daddy.

When Jules was testing his color thing, he shook his head. "Still pretty minty. But that's okay. Everyone's voice is... special." So he couldn't remember the word his dad always used. So what. Special probably worked too. She asked more about his momma's voice, and Lewis shrugged. "Sometimes they are. But sometimes they're way different. Daddy says my colors may change a lil bit when I get old like him, so maybe later they'll match his colors. But as about songs. Yea. Songs are the coolest. See, most of the paintings were 'cause daddy was listening to a song. He even has some that are named after the song, and he likes doing the fancy order paintings for songs. They're his favorites. Mine too. 'Cause some songs are really neat. And they sound different too. Like the piano is different from daddy's ukulele or Grandpa Milo's guitar even!"

Another thought popped into his head, remembering that they'd been talking about different forms, since Rosa had a weird color brain too. "But another cool thing about syn--ess-tee-shuh is that it's not always the same! Like... like Rosa! My little sister. She doesn't hear colors like me and Daddy. But she sees them. But like. different. All the letters and the numbers have colors. And sometimes whole words! It's fancy writing! We sometimes help do maths with colored pencils to help with numbers, and daddy lets me help read books to Rosa so she doesn't see all the colors. It's very fun." He nodded, grinning brightly. He liked talking about their crazy color brains.

addaellis

Bet - #B19CD9
Lewis - #E31230
Dris - deepskyblue

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 6:21 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Synister Studios
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? No One, Yet
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Art Festival!
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This weekend is going to be great!

Dris had been planning for the Art festival for weeks now, setting up the shop and stocking all his supplies for the workshop he was set to do. Lewis had volunteered to help for a while, which was great since Dris needed all the hands he could get. He walked around the shop, an extra bounce to his awkward gait. Using magic, the shop set itself in normal position, then he went back in to set up the extra easels, seating, and shop Guidebooks. Once he was all done, he pushed open the door, propping it with a (magically reinforced) ceramic pot with a fluffy blue flower growing within.

Stepping outside, Dris opted to wait by the door, ready for customers and learners alike to file in. The other shops seemed to be setting up too, which meant the festivities would shortly begin. He grinned, glancing over at his dad's shop, watching the man do his routine morning work. None of his family members owned particularly.... artsy shops, but all were willing to help out where they could. Family was always there to be counted upon. Even Quinn, with all his worries around strangers, was willing to come over and help should Dris get overwhelmed. Unfortunately, the tall man worried it were a real possibility.

Dark eyes glanced at his watch, then Dris set out a nice sign advertising classes, along with a workshop schedule for the weekend. There would be classes for several types of painting, charcoals, pastels, and ink, plus some for unique mediums. He'd worked with a ton of other artists in the magic community to help make sure there were a ton of fun options. Working with the organizers of the festival, Dris had set pricing super reasonably for the event. It was one Galleon for adults 15 and up, but completely free for those below 15. There were classes geared to those in all age groups, some for adults, some for kids of all ages. Any additional money made, both from entry costs and from tips, would be donated to a few art programs for the wizarding community.

Friday Classes
                                                      12 PM - Making a Watercolor Splash
                                                      2 PM - Practicing Pottery {Paired with Painting Up Pottery}
                                                      4 PM - Moving with Oil Paints

Saturday Classes
                                                      12 PM - Shady Studies - Charcoal Overviews
                                                      2 PM - Adding in the Color - Pastels and Beyond
                                                      4 PM - Folding and Moving - Origami and Paper Crafting

Sunday Classes
                                                      12 PM - Ink Drops and Linework
                                                      2 PM - Painting Pottery {Get a 1/2 price discount if you took Practicing Pottery!}
                                                      4 PM - Sparkles in Glass - A Stained Glass Study

{{OoC: Come one, Come all!}}
Dʀᴇssᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ Fʀɪᴅᴀʏ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ᴡʜᴏᴀ-ᴏʜ, I ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴡ
Aɴᴅ ᴄᴀɴ I sᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛɪᴇsᴛ ɢɪʀʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ᴏʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, sᴏ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀɴᴅ!
Gᴏᴛ ᴀ ʀᴇᴄᴏʀᴅ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʙʟᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪᴛ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟᴇᴛ ɢᴏ
Aɴ ᴏᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴜɴɪᴛʏ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴡɪʟᴅ, ʙᴀʙʏ ᴄᴀɴ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴀ sᴍɪʟᴇ, sᴍɪʟᴇ, ᴅᴀᴍɴ, I ʜᴏᴘᴇ sᴏ
Nᴏᴡ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴛ, ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴜꜰꜰʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴘᴇᴀᴛ, ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴘᴇᴀᴛ, ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴘᴇᴀᴛ, ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴘᴇᴀᴛ
Sʜᴇ sᴀɪᴅ "I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜɪs sᴏɴɢ I'ᴠᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴅ ɪᴛ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ sᴛᴏʟᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴡᴏʀᴅ"
Sʜᴇ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀʟʟ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ, ᴛɪʟʟ ɪᴛ ʜᴜʀᴛs! Sɪɴɢɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ sᴏɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀ, ʙᴇsᴛ sᴏɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀ!

Diagon Alley

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games