Aquariums & Lanzer

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

internet grandpa

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:35 pm
            I'm going to be keeping an eye on our beloved lead admin lanzer and keep track of this particular quote from him.

User Image

any subsequent updates will be marked with an update. recent news will be kept in this post.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:36 pm
tab  

internet grandpa

Inquisitor

internet grandpa

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:36 pm
tab  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:38 pm

spoons
            tab If you see something, say something. i.e. if it hasn't been shared here show us.
            tab
            tab what suggestions can you offer to BG? what would you like to see?

internet grandpa

Inquisitor

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:57 pm
occult dad

Sounds like the post-game display glitch. The BG payouts are actually in the hundreds most of the time - even when the display says 1:1. Slowly passing the message around that the post game earnings display is incorrect, but it doesn't reach everyone. It's a pity the glitch makes most users think booty grab doesn't grant much platinum when in fact it's actually one of the most lucrative platinum-granting activities on Gaia.

Things I would love to see more than anything else on Gaia:
- Aquarium Snowflakes item glitch fixed
- Re-release fish that never seem to show up anywhere anymore (e.g. Tiny Terror)
- Aquarium snowfall during December (based on an actual, albeit old, event). Skeleton fish and Fish Costumes (also old events) would be cool too.
Fish Bunny Ears
- During Easter 2009 all fish sported cute bunny ears. Screenshot by Shadey Kitty.

User Image

Aquarium Creepy Phonograph
- This item used to turn your fish into skeleton fish when the song "Calm Water" was playing during Halloween 2008. Unfortunately, that song is no longer an option, so the phonograph is just a regular item now. Screenshot by Shadey Kitty.

User Image

Fish Halloween Costumes
- For Halloween fish used to wear different types of costumes. The costumes have not appeared in recent years.

User Image

Snowing in the Tanks
- During Winter of 2009 there was snow falling in the tanks: YouTube Video.

User Image

sweatdrop You've probably got a dozen notices since I edited this post a few times to add images and items I realized could get added. Apologies!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:58 pm
Users who aren't familiar with the quirks of earning platinum from Booty Grab (e.g. Game Results 1:1 - which is incorrect most of the time): check out the Booty Grab Currency Guide.  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

internet grandpa

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:19 am
Darkerdemons

No worries about the notifications. I get way too many as it is so I gotta spend time sifting through them anyway. No worries.

I think since it's the season, tomorrow's ATS would be a very good place to ask if we could see the return of the phonograph. I think it would generate some hype that Aquariums haven't seen in awhile.

but you make a fair point it would be nice to see some of the old events and scripts that came with them in booty grab. It hasn't been done in years. : o

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:03 pm
I try not to get hopeful, even when a post looks promising, but still crossing my fingers.

Lanzer's response in Ask the Staff: October 1, 2019

Quote:
Quote:
SITE-IN-GENERAL
What is your plan for the phase-out of flash in 2020?

We are putting together resources to convert some of the current Flash games to HTML5,
meanwhile, there should still be some options to play the flash games on Gaia. We are also looking into having flash support through any stand alone applications, and potentially porting games like zOMG to its own flash app too.

Browsers do not like Flash because the platform is prone to bad flash apps that create security exploits, blocking support on those apps at the expense of all other flash applications that are complete safe to run such as Gaia's flash apps, which is unfortunate.

Some games such as Towns are fairly easy to convert to HTML5, which is what we will do. However others such as Aquarium and zOMG have a lot of animations unique to Flash, and cannot be converted to HTML5 directly. We're hoping to make those games run outside of a browser.

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

internet grandpa

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:57 am
Darkerdemons

I think rather fortunately if the booty grab community really fights for it to be saved, then it likely will. It's really the small niche communities that are keeping gaia alive right now.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:12 pm
Darkerdemons

I apologize for the double quote, but. I asked for ATS about phonograph.

Will amend this post should I get an answer.

Amended: No answer unfortunately, but it looks like they do not have plans to re-add calm water to the aquariums to trigger the event. depressing. emotion_skull

internet grandpa

Inquisitor

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:29 pm
occult dad
Darkerdemons

I apologize for the double quote, but. I asked for ATS about phonograph.

Will amend this post should I get an answer.

Amended: No answer unfortunately, but it looks like they do not have plans to re-add calm water to the aquariums to trigger the event. depressing. emotion_skull

Thanks for inquiring about that event! Every once in a while I bring up the Aquarium Snowflakes glitch at ATS, but never got an answer. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:45 pm
Glad someone mentioned it to lanzer. The glitch is annoying and throws off people who try out booty grab. Also tank owners should be getting more than 1 plat -_-  

ynotS

Tank Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff