Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply The Archives (Past/Closed Events)
Halloween Event - Shadow Pokemon Appear!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:31 am
User Image

Halloween Event: Shadow Pokemon Appearances!

Trainers, we need your help. On top of strange reports of trainers around the world becoming trapped in the Dream World, there seems to be some sort of strange infestation of what are known in the Orre region as Shadow Pokemon.

Shadow pokemon can be identified by exhibiting extremely dark colored auras that are normally invisible to the untrained eye, however it is said that aura readers, special scanners, and/or extremely empathetic people are able to notice them!

Malicious experiments result in closing off a pokemon's heart and emotions, unlocking new shadow type moves, and making these pokemon apathetic to their own pain and the pain they inflict on other pokemon. These pokemon are extremely strong, and cannot be left in the wrong hands.

Thankfully, there is a cure. We're counting on you to find these Shadow Pokemon and help purify them!

Getting Started:

-To enter this event, make a post in this thread and quote a mod, telling us which of your characters will be participating in the event, what pokemon they will claim as a shadow pokemon, and what level that pokemon is once it has been turned into a shadow pokemon (with a link provided to the post where that shadow pokemon was first obtained).

-Any pokemon that you would acquire normally in the guild (i.e. capturing in the wild, obtaining from events, or the pokemon you already have) can be turned into a shadow pokemon, but each character may only have one shadow pokemon (even if that shadow pokemon is purified).

-You can RP out how these pokemon became shadow pokemon however you'd like. For instance, if you have a pokemon to claim from the horoscope that you'd like to claim as a shadow pokemon, you could encounter a villainous team and take their shadow pokemon from them, or if you want to turn one of the pokemon your character already has into a shadow pokemon, they could be taken away and experimented on, and your character has to go rescue them, only to find that they've been turned into a shadow pokemon!

Shadow Pokemon Information:

-Shadow pokemon have a new stat called Love Points (LP). All Shadow Pokemon start with 0 LP because their hearts are closed.

-In order to purify a shadow pokemon, you have to get them to 100 LP, the maximum LP they can have.

-Shadow pokemon are Shadow type, which means that Shadow moves used against them are not very effective, dealing half (x0.5) damage, and all other moves deal normal (x1) damage.

-Shadow pokemon require twice the amount of EXP in order to level them up. Meaning at a minimum, they will require 30 (instead of 15) and a maximum of 100 (instead of 50) EXP to level up.

-All Shadow pokemon have the ability Shadow Aura: Depending on the amount of Love Points (LP), this pokemon has a chance to enter "Reverse Mode" after using a Shadow Move.

Chance to Enter Reverse Mode:

0-19 LP: 0%
20-39 LP: 10% (1 on a d10)
40-59 LP: 20% (1-2 on a d10)
60-79 LP: 30% (1-3 on a d10)
80-99 LP: 40% (1-4 on a d10)
100 LP: 50% (1-5 on a d10)

Reverse Mode
-Acts as a major status condition (such as sleep, poison, etc).
-The pokemon is semi-permanently Confused until they are snapped out of Reverse Mode.
-Attacks do x1.3 damage.
-Persists after battle like all major status conditions.
-No items will cure the Shadow Pokemon of Reverse Mode
-The trainer may spend their turn calling out to their pokemon as an action to snap them out of Reverse Mode.
-Taking the Shadow pokemon to a Pokemon Center and getting them healed also removes them from Reverse Mode (Please note that only Cities, Towns, and certain marked areas of Alola have Pokemon Centers).

What are Love Points (LP)?:

Love Points (LP) function similarly to Friendship Points (FP). Shadow pokemon cannot increase their FP because their hearts are not open, and so first a trainer must help open that Pokemon's heart with love.

It should be noted, however, that because Shadow pokemon cannot gain FP, pokeballs and items that would help gain FP will not work on Shadow Pokemon until they have been purified, and have no effect on the LP system.

To increase a Shadow Pokemon's LP, your character can do any of the following:

1.) Spend time interacting with the shadow pokemon in a post. This can be anything from talking to them, grooming them, feeding them, or battling with them. Each post made interacting with a Shadow pokemon will give it 1 LP.

2.) Call to your pokemon to snap them out of Reverse Mode. Each time this is done, your shadow pokemon gains 1 LP.

3.) Feeding Shadow pokemon any of the following items gives them 1 LP per item:

-Berries
-Poffins
-Rare candies
-Halloween Treats (Litwick lickerish, Jellicent Juice box, Cofagrigus coffee, Banette Bagel, Gengar Bearclaw, Duskull Sugar Skull, Froslass Frosty, Pumpkaboo Pie)
-Fresh Water, Lemonade, Soda Pop, Moomoo Milk, or Berry Juice
-Lumiose Galette, Lava Cookie, Old Gateau, Casteliacone, Shalour Sable, Big Malasada
-Sweet Heart
-Spiked Eggnog

Going to give a shadow pokemon a massage gives 10 LP. This can only be done once per week (real time). Pokemon Massages are also only available in specific locations.

-Pallet Town
-Goldenrod City
-Mauvile City
-Veilstone City
-Castelia City
-Cyllage City
-Akala Island: Konikoni City

When a pokemon hits 100 LP, you will be able to purify it (see Purification section for more details).

What Moves do Shadow Pokemon Have?

Shadow pokemon only have three moves, Frustration and two shadow moves (one attack, and one status).

Frustration:

Due to their hearts being closed, the amount of damage that Frustration deals is doubled, meaning that it does a whopping 200 normal type damage until purified.

Shadow Status Moves:

You may choose what shadow status move that your Shadow pokemon has upon capturing it. Here is a list of shadow status moves and what they do:

~Shadow Down: lowers opposing pokemon's defense two stages
~Shadow Half: halves current HP of all pokemon in battle, but cannot cause fainting. User cannot act next turn.
~Shadow Hold: opposing pokemon cannot switch out
~Shadow Mist: opposing pokemon's evasion is lowered two stages
~Shadow Panic: opposing pokemon are confused. Blocked by Soundproof and other items or abilities that prevent sound-based moves from working.
~Shadow Shed: removes the effects of Safeguard, Reflect, and Light Screen from the battle
~Shadow Sky: changes the weather to Shadow Rain for five rounds. Damages all non-shadow pokemon at the end of each turn for 1/16th their maximum HP. Boosts the base damage of shadow-type moves by +40 while in effect. Changes Weather Ball to shadow type.

NOTE: If you wish to change this move later, it will require a heart scale.

Shadow Attack Moves:

All Shadow Pokemon will also have a shadow attack move that they can use. Shadow attack moves are shadow type, and do x2 damage to all non-shadow pokemon.

Initially, you can choose between Shadow Blitz or Shadow Wave. As you battle with your shadow pokemon, you will get the chance to teach your Shadow Pokemon a more powerful shadow move.

The ability to learn new shadow attack moves is based on how much Shadow Experience Points (SXP) your shadow pokemon has. To obtain SXP, you must have your shadow pokemon use a shadow attack move. Each use of a shadow attack move in battle garners one SXP.

When you upgrade your shadow attack move to a more powerful one, it consumes the amount of SXP required to learn it. For instance, if your pokemon has 12 SXP and you teach that Shadow Pokemon Shadow Rush, they will have 2 SXP left over as a result. To teach that pokemon Shadow Rave, you will need to get 23 more SXP.

Note that you don't have to teach Shadow Pokemon lower power Shadow Moves in order to get the next tier. You can save your SXP, skip learning Shadow Rush, and teach a Shadow Pokemon with 25 SXP Shadow Rave instead.

Start:
ç•Shadow Blitz: 40
~Shadow Wave: 50

10 SXP:
ç•Shadow Rush: 55

25 SXP:
~Shadow Rave: 70
ç•Shadow Break: 75

40 SXP:
Shadow Bolt: 75: 1/4 chance to paralyze target (Available only to pokemon who can learn electric type moves)
Shadow Chill: 75: 1/4 chance to freeze target (Available only to pokemon who can learn ice type moves)
Shadow Fire: 75: 1/4 chance to burn target (Available only to pokemon who can learn fire type moves)
•Shadow Blast: 80, 1/10 chance to critically hit

60 SXP:
ç•Shadow End: 120: user takes recoil damage equal to 1/2 the user's current HP
ç•Shadow Slam: 90: user takes recoil damage equal to 1/16 the user's max HP
~Shadow Storm: 95

Purification:

The process of re-opening the hearts of Shadow Pokemon is called Purification. Purification has its benefits too, resulting in a stronger bond between you and your pokemon!

To purify your Shadow Pokemon, you will need to get its Love Points (LP) to 100 (See Love Points section for more details). Once your pokemon has reached 100 LP, you can RP the purification process out however you'd like.

The following events will occur upon purification:

1.) The purified pokemon will gain 3 levels for every level up it got as a Shadow pokemon. i.e. if a Shadow Pokemon started at level 10 and grew to level 15, then was purified, it would grow to level 30 upon purification (5 levels x 3 = # of additional levels up upon purification). Additionally, the amount of EXP required to level the purified pokemon will return to normal, and any overflow will be treated the same as an exp reset. For instance, a purified shadow pokemon with 75/100 EXP will change to 75/50 EXP, and that pokemon will level up from the overflow, leaving them with 25/50 EXP.

2.) The pokemon regains it's regular typing and ability.

3.) You may choose any level up moves to teach the purified pokemon up to it's new level, or moves that the pokemon had prior to becoming a shadow pokemon. (i.e. a purified pokemon at level 30 may learn any moves it could have learned from starting level, up to a level 30 learned move).

4.) Additionally, you may treat one move slot of a purified pokemon as a balm mushroom move (See Balm Mushroom item in the Items Masterlist for details).

5.) The purified pokemon now has maxed FP with its trainer, and you may change the move Frustration to Return instead of teaching the purified pokemon one of it's regular level up moves.

Please note that even if a Shadow Pokemon has 100 LP, you don't have to purify it if you would like it to stay a shadow pokemon. This event is set up more like a giveaway, where it will stay open for a short amount of time to let guild members claim shadow pokemon for their characters, but once the event ends, Shadow Pokemon will remain shadow pokemon until purified, regardless of whether or not the event is "active". Guild members will simply not be able to claim any more Shadow Pokemon for their characters.

What are the Restrictions for Shadow Pokemon?:

It is important to note that using Shadow Pokemon in battle is generally frowned upon. In fact, the pokemon league has banned the use of shadow pokemon in competitions such as the pokemon league. However, because Shadow Pokemon are difficult to identify without the proper equipment or aura/empath reading abilities, Shadow Pokemon are usually only caught and prevented before entering an E4 challenge, or Pokemon Contests. As such, you will not be allowed to use Shadow Pokemon in E4 challenges or Pokemon contests.

That being said, your character can get away with using shadow pokemon against gym leaders and general battles against other trainers. For RP purposes however, please note that it is technically illegal to do so, and using shadow moves arouse suspicion. Do not treat the use of Shadow Pokemon lightly when writing it out.

FAQs:

Q: How long will this event last?

A: You will be allowed to claim or reserve a shadow pokemon for each of your characters until the end of December. Once that deadline has passed, guild members will no longer be able to reserve a shadow pokemon for their characters.

Q: When the event ends, will my shadow pokemon be purified automatically?

A: No, when the event ends, that is the cut off time for people to claim a shadow pokemon. However, all shadow pokemon will remain shadow pokemon until you decide to purify them!

Q: If I claim a shadow pokemon here, but haven't given it to my character yet, do I miss the chance to get a shadow pokemon?

A: Nope! Like all giveaways, anything you claim here is valid once the giveaway closes.

Q: What if I don't know which pokemon I want to make a shadow pokemon for my character? Can I just reserve the ability to give my character a shadow pokemon at some point?

A: Yes, that's fine! The point of having people post their claims here is more to just keep track of who has a shadow pokemon, and all of the necessary details we need.

Q: If a shadow pokemon reaches 100LP, is it automatically purified? Do I have to purify a shadow pokemon?

A: You don't have to purify a shadow pokemon if you don't want to, even if it's at 100LP.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:15 am
SpectralEternity

ninja Guess I'll just... Be the first to do this.

For Sable, I'm turning her Delta Absol claim that I boosted to level 30 in the Shard Shop into a Shadow Pokemon. It will know Shadow Sky as its status move and Shadow Wave as its attack. I don't intend to give it to her immediately, instead she'll probably get it sometime after she eventually gets back to Unova.

For Felix, I don't actually have anything planned yet, so for now I'm just reserving the right to either give him or turn one of his existing pokemon into a shadow pokemon at a later date.  

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:41 am
Lia Syuki

Okay okay okay..... How am I going to do this....

Natalia's absol Ezio (lv 19) will be turning into a shadow pokemon, since plot-wise that was his concept previously anyways. He will start with Shadow Wave and Shadow Sky.

Darren's Skarmory Zephyr (lv 23) is technically supposed to be a shadow pokemon so I'm making that official now. He will start with Shadow Wave and Shadow Sky.

Vince's ghoizard (lv 12) will turn into a shadow pokemon (or maybe it was always that way?) and will start with Shadow Wave and Shadow Sky.

Scarlett's Ankhat Cleopatra (lv 17) will turn into a shadow pokemon and start with Shadow Wave and Shadow Sky.

Azalea's danshen Gloriosa (lv 9) will turn into a shadow pokemon. Also plot-wise makes the most sense. She will also start with Shadow Wave and Shadow Sky.

I'll figure out everyone else later.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:28 pm
SpectralEternity

Gonna plop down some reserves so I don't miss out on claiming some Shadow Pokes for that sweet plot potential! I'll edit this sometime later if any solid ideas for my characters present themselves.

Gonna reserve a Shadow Pokemon for Zoey, hers won't really be coming into play anytime soon but it will later down the line.

I'll make that shiny Nidoking I just claimed in the Horoscope a Shadow Pokemon for Phoenix to 'claim' and then accidentally lose later for a future character to take. Don't really have anything planned for her involving them, so might as well use her to pass one off for someone I did plan to get it for! It'll start off with Shadow Blitz and Shadow Sky.

Aaaaand... gonna reserve a Shadow Pokemon for Aiden just 'cause. Don't really have anything in mind right now but it'll at least be something to throw at him in the future.

Darkie Ramirez Werepyre

Devoted Codger

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:24 am
SpectralEternity

o uo

I'm going to shadow this lvl 20 zeraora that's going to Ducky. Shadow wave and Shadow panic are going to be the shadow moves it starts with

I'm also going to shadow Rose's Giratina (will add the link and level/info later)

I'm still thinking about any of my other characters maybe having a shadow pokemon, so i'm going to place a hold on those just in case. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:43 pm
For now I'm thinking Avikna will gain a Shadow Pokemon, I am unsure currently which Pokemon will turn. (More than likely her Hydreigon, R.A.Y or her Lucario, Aislin )

I will also be claiming a Shadow pokemon for Wei at some point. I have a few ideas, but nothing solid.  

IndecisiveWolk
Vice Captain

Charitable Wolf

13,575 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100

Koukaze

O.G. Browser

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:19 pm
Not yet sure what Pokemon I want for Gio to be Shadow yet, (since that means I have to be semi serious with him.) So I'm gonna make a placeholder. Until that time comes, I'm gonna weigh the options

Edit: Oct 27
Placing holder for SG

Lia Syuki
^o^/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:50 pm
Lia Syuki

I'm putting in a reserve right now, as I haven't figured out plots yet, so I'll edit in info/links in the future.

For now, I know that I will be having Jun's aviron be a shadow pokemon, and I'd like to toss out a claim for arezu and alex.  

StarlightSchism

Dapper Dabbler

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:28 pm
SpectralEternity"

Reserving for now because I KNOW I want to use this but I don't have the ideas just yet!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:56 pm
Lakshmi's Chimchar (lv 5) is going to be a shadow monkey!

It will have the moves shadow wave and shadow sky.

a smol shy

The Archives (Past/Closed Events)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff