Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Oh God! I nearly died / Why have I disappeared Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Verner Von Richthofen

Fortuitous Seraph

6,050 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:43 am
Ladies and Gentlemen of the NSTG,

Dear friends, you have no idea how glad I am to be back. Unfortunately my long absence was due to battling a serious and unexpected illness. Heart disease. My beloved wife Leia used to call me "an extremely fit and healthy Elite Endurance Athlete". Unfortunately, after surviving two heart attacks, I am no longer an extremely fit and healthy Elite Endurance Athlete but a heart attack survivor at only 39 years old. However, I am extremely glad to be alive and able to continue to be around to love, care and provide for my beloved wife and three precious sons. cheese_whine

Here's what happened to me:

January 25th 2019: I suffered my first heart attack at 38 years old.
The heart attack began while I was still asleep and when I was woken up by my eldest son Vincent that morning, I had all the symptoms of a heart attack and felt like I was dying. My son dialled 911 and I was rushed to hospital. Unbeknownst to me, despite being extremely fit, I was not as healthy as I thought because I had a ticking time bomb within me - I had a 95% blocked Left Anterior Descending Coronary Artery and I suffered a massive, widowmaker heart attack. I had a successful open heart bypass surgery to bypass my blocked artery and ended up on full Veno-Arterial Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (VA-ECMO) cardiopulmonary life support in the ICU.

My Primary Cardiologist informed me that my Athlete's Heart had developed collateral arteries which supplied blood to the affected parts of my heart and that was what saved me. We believed the reason this heart attack occured was due to my unusual physical exertion the day prior to the heart attack on January 24th 2019 when my office received the new furnitures we had ordered. My employees and I were lifting, moving and exchanging furniture on the office premises. I pulled my weight and pitched in to move the furnitures where they needed to go in order to show off my ability to lift and move heavy stuff. I am 6’ 3” tall and on Thursday morning, I weighted 170 lbs. I have a lanky physique and I am unused to lifting any heavy weights. Since my marriage to my beloved wife, whenever I needed anything heavy lifted at home, I would call one or both of my brother-in-laws over. They would always carry out any heavy lifting for me.

I should have let my younger or older and more muscular employees lift and move the heavy furnitures at work. By showing off my macho-ness, I as good as killed myself. That said, I believe I would have been fine if I did not have a severely blocked artery in my heart. The strenuous activity of lifting and moving around heavy furniture when I was unused to that type of exertion for too many years put too much strain upon my heart with the blocked artery.

February 1st 2019: I celebrated my 39th birthday in the ICU
February 28th 2019: Successfully weaned from Veno-Arterial Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (VA-ECMO) cardiopulmonary life support
March 1st 2019: Successfully weaned from all intravenous heart drugs and discharged from ICU into the Cardiac Ward
March 11th, 2019: Discharged from hospital

March 25th 2019: I suffered an out- of-hospital Cardiac Arrest at home immediately after my family's Daily Half Mile Morning Walk as a Family Unit which used to be a Daily 1 Mile Morning Run as a Family Unit.

Despite being defibrillated by my Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator, I remained in Cardiac Arrest and was clinically dead for five minutes before my beloved wife Leia who is also my Primary Cardiologist successfully resuscitated me with Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation while my eldest son Vincent called 911. I was taken to hospital and was hospitalized in the cardiac ward where I was given the Therapeutic Hypothermia treatment to reduce brain damage and help me survive.

March 28th 2019: While still being hospitalized for and recovering from the out- of-hospital Cardiac Arrest, I suffered my second heart attack along with another Cardiac Arrest.

I was clinically dead for three minutes but was able to be resuscitated by the doctors and nurses in the Cardiac Ward. I was given the Therapeutic Hypothermia treatment to reduce brain damage and help me survive and ended up on full Veno-Arterial ECMO cardiopulmonary life support in the ICU until April 29th 2019.

This was another massive heart attack as it caused enough damage to my heart's electrical systems to make my heart go haywire and resulted in recurrent Cardiac Arrests and Ventricular Tachycardias. My heart had to be defibrillated frequently by my Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator. I received 5 or 6 defibrillation shocks every hour and despite being on full cardiopulmonary life support and given painkillers and sedatives, I could feel the defibrillation shocks my heart received and felt like I was dying. I had to be treated with Cardiac Catheter Ablation a few days later. Thankfully that fixed my heart.

April 1st 2019: Successful Cardiac Catheter Ablation Procedure
April 29th 2019: Successfully weaned from Veno-Arterial Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (VA-ECMO) cardiopulmonary life support
April 30th 2019: Successfully weaned from all intravenous heart drugs and discharged from ICU into the Cardiac Ward
May 16th, 2019: Discharged from hospital

Thank God I am the Founder and CEO of my own company which I founded in 2008. Otherwise I might have been fired for being sick and unable to work due to being hospitalized twice. Thank God I bought medical and disability insurance for myself when I was younger due to considering myself to be living a high risk lifestyle as an Elite Endurance Athlete too. As a result, I am fully covered by medical insurance.

I am extremely glad I empowered my beloved wife Leia to become a doctor and subsequently a Cardiologist by financing her education starting from when she was studying for her Bachelor's Degree all the way through medical school. Otherwise I might not have been alive today.

I have been in critical condition and ended up in the ICU on life support three times in my life now. I do not wish to wind up in the ICU on life support again for as long as possible. I am still recovering from both heart attacks and any prayers for my recovery will be greatly appreciated.  
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:45 am
Verner Von Richthofen

I'm really Happy you made it through, and *Heart Disease!* 3 heart attacks, feel for you and your family, musts be so terribly hard..*big hugs* to you my friend, super glad you're alive and able to be once again with your loved one! 4laugh good to ave you back biggrin  

Queentintin

Crew

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

Verner Von Richthofen

Fortuitous Seraph

6,050 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:59 pm
Queentintin
Verner Von Richthofen

I'm really Happy you made it through, and *Heart Disease!* 3 heart attacks, feel for you and your family, musts be so terribly hard..*big hugs* to you my friend, super glad you're alive and able to be once again with your loved one! 4laugh good to ave you back biggrin

Thank you very much Queentintin. cheese_whine

But I did not have three Heart Attacks, I had two Heart Attacks and multiple Cardiac Arrests which resulted in my being in critical condition and winding up in the ICU on life support twice as an adult.

The first time I was in critical condition and ended up in the ICU on life support, I was a ten years old boy and it was because I was severely injured, not because of Heart Disease.  
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:14 pm
Verner Von Richthofen
Queentintin
Verner Von Richthofen

But I did not have three Heart Attacks, I had two Heart Attacks and multiple Cardiac Arrests which resulted in my being in critical condition and winding up in the ICU on life support twice as an adult.

The first time I was in critical condition and ended up in the ICU on life support, I was a ten years old boy and it was because I was severely injured, not because of Heart Disease.

ahh ok =) just happy you're well now *hugs* biggrin  

Queentintin

Crew

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

Verner Von Richthofen

Fortuitous Seraph

6,050 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:17 pm
Queentintin
Verner Von Richthofen
Queentintin
Verner Von Richthofen

Thank you again. I am still recovering. <> cheese_whine  
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:19 pm
Verner Von Richthofen
Queentintin
Verner Von Richthofen
Queentintin
Verner Von Richthofen

Good recovering, we only have one life, so we msut take care of ourselves for sure my friend =)  

Queentintin

Crew

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

Verner Von Richthofen

Fortuitous Seraph

6,050 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:43 pm
Queentintin
Verner Von Richthofen
Queentintin
Verner Von Richthofen
Queentintin
Verner Von Richthofen

Good recovering, we only have one life, so we msut take care of ourselves for sure my friend =)

Indeed my friend. cheese_whine  
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:55 pm
Verner Von Richthofen

Dear friends, you have no idea how glad I am to be back. Unfortunately my long absence was due to battling a serious and unexpected illness. Heart disease. My beloved wife Leia used to call me "an extremely fit and healthy Elite Endurance Athlete". Unfortunately, after surviving two heart attacks, I am no longer an extremely fit and healthy Elite Endurance Athlete but a heart attack survivor at only 39 years old. However, I am extremely glad to be alive and able to continue to be around to love, care and provide for my beloved wife and three precious sons. cheese_whine

2 heart attacks?! Great Scott! Verner, I'm very glad you managed to pull through and survived the heart attacks and will pray for your heart to heal and get stronger. I don't want you to get sick again. You're a Dad and your sons needs you. You're a husband and your wife needs you too. So if you love your family you should take better care of yourself so you can continue to be around for them. Welcome back to the NSTG! We missed you. smile  

Emmett Khan

Friendly Guildsman

16,275 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100

AngelMuerto

Avenger

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:40 pm
I'm glad God was looking out for you Verner.
I'll keep you in my prayers so that you'll continue to be as healthy as possibly.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:24 am
Verner Von Richthofen

Happy Belated 39th Birthday Verner and I hope you never celebrate another birthday in hospital again. Or if you do, not in the ICU. That really sucks.

Your presence was missed and I was wondering what happened to you. I never expected to hear that you were gone due to recovering from two heart attacks. 39 years old is quite young to be a heart attack survivor but it's not the end of the world for you. You pulled through, life goes on and you'll get better.

You might find these articles useful:
After a Heart Attack: What Happens Now? (Part One)
Up & At 'Em, Cardiac Rehab Makes a Big Difference (Part Two)
Feelings After a Heart Attack (Part three)

I'll pray for your recovery too Verner. God bless your healing heart, feel better soon and see you around! cool  

Tyrus Cassius McQueen

Generous Citizen

14,000 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Verner Von Richthofen

Fortuitous Seraph

6,050 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:07 am
Emmett Khan
Verner Von Richthofen

2 heart attacks?! Great Scott! Verner, I'm very glad you managed to pull through and survived the heart attacks and will pray for your heart to heal and get stronger. I don't want you to get sick again. You're a Dad and your sons needs you. You're a husband and your wife needs you too. So if you love your family you should take better care of yourself so you can continue to be around for them. Welcome back to the NSTG! We missed you. smile

Thank you Buddy! cheese_whine  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:08 am
AngelMuerto
I'm glad God was looking out for you Verner.
I'll keep you in my prayers so that you'll continue to be as healthy as possibly.

Indeed. I am glad for God's Divine Intervention which kept me alive too. Thank you Buddy! cheese_whine  

Verner Von Richthofen

Fortuitous Seraph

6,050 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

Verner Von Richthofen

Fortuitous Seraph

6,050 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:09 am
Tyrus Cassius McQueen
Verner Von Richthofen

Happy Belated 39th Birthday Verner and I hope you never celebrate another birthday in hospital again. Or if you do, not in the ICU. That really sucks.

Your presence was missed and I was wondering what happened to you. I never expected to hear that you were gone due to recovering from two heart attacks. 39 years old is quite young to be a heart attack survivor but it's not the end of the world for you. You pulled through, life goes on and you'll get better.

You might find these articles useful:
After a Heart Attack: What Happens Now? (Part One)
Up & At 'Em, Cardiac Rehab Makes a Big Difference (Part Two)
Feelings After a Heart Attack (Part three)

I'll pray for your recovery too Verner. God bless your healing heart, feel better soon and see you around! cool

Thank you for the belated birthday wish, the informative articles and the prayers Buddy! cheese_whine  
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:51 am
Verner Von Richthofen
Unfortunately, after surviving two heart attacks, I am no longer an extremely fit and healthy Elite Endurance Athlete but a heart attack survivor at only 39 years old. However, I am extremely glad to be alive and able to continue to be around to love, care and provide for my beloved wife and three precious sons. cheese_whine

My favorite Uncle in real life and my Gaian Great Grandfather, your illness made me depressed and when you got better my depression lifted. So my prayers are with you Uncle Verner/Great Grandfather! Get well soon! biggrin  

Dee Septi Cohn

Vincent Von Richthofen

Nuclear Krampus

5,325 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:06 pm
I’m so happy to have my Dad back. But I feel very sad for him cause he went from being an extremely fit and healthy athletic person to a heart attack survivor in a short time at just 39 years old. And now our family has a history of heart disease it’ll affect me and my brothers. We now have an increased risk of getting heart disease. sad

I'd like to thank everyone in the NSTG who said they'll be praying for my Dad to get well. Y'all are awesome! smile  
☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff