Welcome to Gaia! ::

LeVane Academy

Back to Guilds

Raising the next generation of heroes comes with a certain set of challenges. 

Tags: Hero, Villain, Dorm Houses, Superpower, Academy 

Reply [Off Campus] The Big City
Blissful Bridge Library

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Head Count
  +1
View Results

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:06 pm
User Image
Those of you who enjoy books in a peculiarity free zone, can come here. The Blissful Bridge is a library which is well known for being a peculiarity free space for those who want to read in peace. No, there aren't just some rules that you cannot use your peculiarity and have to uphold to that. You literally cannot use your peculiarity. For, within this space, is a nullification zone. Owner Utsuru Kamen is well known for having the peculiarity to nullify other powers used on him or within his zone. He uses this to keep the peace in his library by removing the very thing that tends to cause fights. Peculiarities. As soon as you walk inside, you will feel completely normal, but you can no longer use your power at will. It is there, but you are cut off from it while you are in that space. This does not negatively effect those whose peculiarities keep them alive. The name comes from the blissful peace and the fact that the library is a bridge for people with and without peculiarities to share a space together and a love for books.

Staff Currently:
Utsuru Kamen(Owner) | Yousuke Hīru

Utsuru's Office:
Utsuru's office is on the bottom section of he library floor. You only have access to this area of you have the permission to be there.
User Image

Breakroom:
This is the place where employees can take their breaks, each employee will receive the code to get inside when they are officially hired.
User Image

Computer Lab:
Need to use a computer? Come into the computer lab after you reserve a computer. You get 180 minutes a day to use it, with 90 min per use.
User Image

Bathrooms:
Females is on the right and males on the left, a sign before each entrance to show you which bathroom is which.
User Image

Reading Lounge:
If you don't want to be in the main area of the library and want to read in a quiet and comfortable place, you can come into the reading lounge.
User Image

Top Floor:
Utsuru Kamen and Yousuke Hīru both currently live in the top floor above the library in a studio apartment. no one is allowed to come into this area or take the stairs that lead up there without permission as usual.
User Image
Utsuru's Room:
User Image

Yousuke's Room:
User Image

Bathroom:
User Image

Note: If you want your character to work here, please dm me on discord or pm me on gaia to request it.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 1:58 am
User Image

ousuke iru

he atter

ood → Adventurous/ Energetic
ocation → Blissful Bridge Public Library; Home
houghts → Should probably ask Utsu to help with lunch..
ompany → Utsuru
oice laim → Shō Hayami
heme → Hushh

Today or should I say.. last night was one of those nights where Yousuke didn't climb out of his bed to attempt to sneak into Utsuru's. As a result, he dream started off like a dark void which he aimlessly floated in. It was dead silent, but not for long. Echoing through was a voice but not one voice, but many maybe there is about six distinctive voices; though you can't exactly hear what they're saying. In an odd way it was more soothing than eerie for Yousuke, but then again it was something he has grown used to after the years. The morning sun was what woken him up for the 'dream', rubbing at his eyes as he makes a soft yawn and stretched his till he heard the soft pop sound followed by sound of relief. Sitting up before rotating himself to let his legs and feet dangle off the bed before hopping onto the floor, though not really because he's tall so there's not much space between his feet and the ground when sitting on the bed.

Light sounds of his bare feet on the wooden floor, going from his bedroom to the bathroom. He began with getting the bath running before brushing his teeth to washing his face while combing out he knots from his long hair. It's very long, let's give you a visual. He is roughly six foot four and his hair goes down to above his knee area. It is definitely the first thing you notice about him and if you ask other people his most distinctive feature; it would be his hair length. He turned the water off when the bath was filled, he undresses himself from his sleepwear and goes into the tub. Thankfully the tub was big since both of them are over six feet tall and he is even able to submerge himself below, pretending he was a fish.. for as long as he could before he had to surface for air. After scrubbing himself clean, conditioning his hair and lathering shampoo in his hair before rinsing off. Stepping out of the tub and drains it as he proceeded to dry himself and gets dressed. Now going into the kitchen to fix himself some breakfast; tea.. just tea. Cause he can't really cook by himself...

Anyways, now he's heading down to the library. Waving to few of the people who were already who were already there. Even voicing a few soft hellos as he wandered through the library, while fixing misplaced books along the way to what his current task of the day; finding Utsuru. He's probably up by now. Walking around both floors, peeking into the computer lab, reading lounge and the breakroom. But leaves his office last, why? He could of just checked first but why do that and miss out on this adventure of exploring the whole library... again. Don't question his logic! Making his way down to his office, knocking on the door before opening and looking inside. "Utsu? Are you in here?"

ut offee:
User Image
tiny14xx2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just Rosa

Vice Captain

Anxious Otaku

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:25 pm
User Image
User Image

• This is Me | What I do: Owner of Blissful Bridge Library | Am I taken?: Yes, by Yousuke Hiru
    Do I have a preference?: Females and males | I am feeling: Normal | Who am I with?: Yousuke/Customers | Where am I?: The Big City - Blissful Bridge

User Image

Utsuru was a very punctual person. He liked to be up by the time the sun rose in the mornings on days his library was open. That way he could get started on his daily tasks. The library had to be organized, the rooms open and neat, computers running properly. Everything had to be read, and nothing short of perfect. Sure, he was a bit of a neat freak about it, but with a library, you wanted to remain organized. If it was too chaotic, then you couldn't really tell anyone where to find what they were looking for.

Sleeping alone was a strange notion, one he wasn't often used to. He had gotten so accustomed to having Yousuke around, that when the tall man slept in his own room, it always left his bed feeling quite empty. When he sat up in bed, and retrieved his glasses from his nightstand to slip on, the man looked around the room to find himself alone. Considering that Yousuke never gt up earlier than him, he had come to the conclusion that he never came to his room at all last night and slept in his own. He really didn't understand the appeal of switching between the two beds for sleeping. But if Yousuke liked doing that, Utsuru wasn't going to challenge him.

It didn't take long for the man to finish his usual morning routine before he would head downstairs to the lower levels and do that routine next. When that was all said and done, and the library was open, the man would retreat to his office to see what books he got requested to order and which he needed to replace due to losses. That was when he heard the knock on his door, pushing up his glasses as he looked up.

"Hello Yosuke-san."

Just Rosa
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
  •  
    PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:50 am
    User ImageUser Image

A perc-free library? That was a curious notion. Supposedly whatever enchantment caused this mass nullification could determine between those percs which were purely supplementary, and those which enabled the user to live, though for the life of him he was not sure how that could work. So like any good scientist, he was going to test it out; and who better to use as the guinea pig in the experiment than himself. True he could survive without his, but just barely. He had grown so accustomed to the electricity that he was quite certain that consciousness was truly unobtainable without it. For most that should have raised some red flags, but Jacob had seen those flags and dismissed them. What else would you expect from a man who named himself after a fictional mouse who died for science? Some would argue he died in vain, but did he not show what potential the experiment had, though of course he also illustrated its downfall. Is this, then, a sort of modern retelling of the story of Ikarus? Are Charlie and Algernon, and by extension myself, ill-fated boys who did not heed the warnings and instead chose to try to strive for greatness? Perhaps, but who then is Daedalus in either of those situations? These musings, while intriguing, were decidedly not fruitful, and he soon abandoned them for more practical thoughts, such as why his latest experiment had failed. Frankly, that was the reason he was out today: there had been a minor accident in his lab today, and well one thing lead to another, and now he had been told that he could not reenter his lab for the entire day as a hazmat team worked to clean things up. Unfortunately, he lived in that lab, so he was without an abode in which to reside until the hazmat team gave the clear. Given his proclivities, a library really was the only place that made sense for him, and one with a famed collection in addition to some rather exotic security measures was a temptation he just couldn't pass up when his lab was unavailable.

Stepping in to the library, he was shocked (no pun intended) to find that while he did not feel any different, he had not seen a single spark or felt even a minute jolt as he handled the metal doorknob. He wondered if that then meant he would not be able to get a charge? Oh well, he could experiment as he worked, but for now, he analyzed the shelves to figure out their filing system, then quickly made his way to the chemistry section. May as well figure out what had gone wrong.

With: No OnexxxxxxMood: CuriousxxxxxxCharge: 80%xxxxxxPhysical Condition: NormalxxxxxxMental Condition: Slightly ScatteredxxxxxxOoc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    • Fantastic Fifteen 100
    • Forum Sophomore 300

Just Rosa

Vice Captain

Anxious Otaku

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:52 am
    User Image

ousuke iru

he atter

ood → Curious/ Cheery
    ocation → Blissful Bridge Library
    houghts → Curiouser and curiouser..
    ompany → Jacob and other patrons
    oice laim → Shō Hayami
    heme → Hushh

Yousuke's morning started off with his usual routine, long bath, breakfast; tea with honey butter toast and sunny side up eggs. Making his usual 'runs' around both floors of the library. Checking the return box, scanning the barcode to make sure it's in the system to be accounted for and no late return fees. And then a thought came up while finishing up. What if Utsuru and him can move their beds together to make one huge one! So much space to roll in without the possibility of falling off onto the floor. "I'll tell him when I see later.." He hummed to himself walked through the reading lounge and the computer lab before reaching the main area of the library.

Though, upon entering the hall he noticed someone new among the other.... what do you call people who goes to the library. Guest? Customer? Uhh.. Library goers? Reader? Maybe patron.. could also ask Utsu that. Anyways, many people goes to library, some come on a regular basis. Most of them do which is how Yousuke noticed olive skinned male, he never seen him before there. Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back. Following him to the science section of the library till he went down the chemistry isle and walked over to him. "Hello, sir. Is there anything I can help you with?" He greeted him in a cheerful tone and a smile

ut offee:
    User Image
    Katze Allemon-Schatten

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:19 pm
    Just Rosa

User ImageUser Image

He had been fairly engrossed in his perusing, and had failed to notice the librarian's approach. However, it was a cheerful yet soft greeting, using words that one would expect to hear, so the action failed to elicit any sort of shock out of him. "Frankly, I don't even know what I'm looking for. A...friend has asked me to devise a substance which will prove corrosive to inorganic material, but harmless to organic substances. I have wracked my brain for days trying to figure out how to make something with the ability to differentiate between the two so accurately. Machines can do it well enough I suppose, but they still have to be careful to remove the inorganic without risking the organic, and whatever I devise must be able to do this as part of its very chemical makeup." Frankly, he doubted it was even possible to create something so strong and still be harmless, yet he had been tasked with finding the solution. Not only did he have to find a viable solution, he had to test it and prove its guaranteed effect within three months of January 1, which by his calculation was about a month ago. "I have already found several ways how not to do it, much to the distress of my lab and the hazmat team that is now trying to save it." It would be such an unfortunate setback if his lab couldn't be saved. Not only would he have to find somewhere else to work, but he would have to find a place to live as well. Such distractions would eat away at his already limited time. "Any suggestions?"

With: Mr. LibrarianxxxxxxMood: PerplexedxxxxxxCharge: 80%xxxxxxPhysical Condition: StablexxxxxxMental Condition: StablexxxxxxOoc: Wish I spoke chemistry...

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    • Fantastic Fifteen 100
    • Forum Sophomore 300

Just Rosa

Vice Captain

Anxious Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:24 am
    User Image

ousuke iru

he atter

ood → Curious
    ocation → Blissful Bridge Library
    houghts → Curiouser and curiouser..
    ompany → Jacob and other patrons
    oice laim → Shō Hayami
    heme → Hushh

Slowly nodding as he listened to the other man, he had a good guess by the section and the key terms the other man has used to describe what he is looking for is definitely in the science department, but in a different division from where he is currently looking at. Though hearing what he was describing was a bit out of his jurisdiction education wise but not entirely since he had a brief time in medical school and how unfortunately it was only a brief time. "Something that corrodes inorganic yet does not corrodes organic? Hm.. that is quite an interesting combination..follow me" He says as he gestures his finger for the man to follow. "We might need to move to another section in the science department.." Assuming he was being followed by the other gentleman he lead over towards the nature and herbology section while waving to some of the other patrons. "Perhaps something from the plantea kingdom can help you with what you're goal. Oh! my apologies. Where are my manners, I am Yousuke Hiru and I am one of the librarians."

ut offee:
    User Image
    Katze Allemon-Schatten

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:05 am
    [darkgray]
    Just Rosa

User ImageUser Image

He had been so focused on finding chemical compounds that he hadn't thought about looking for a more natural solution. That was...rather quite brilliant. "That is an interesting, and likely fruitful approach, thank you. I wish I had come here before I almost blew up my lab." He had been so lost in thought that he hadn't even noticed that the two had not been introduced, though, given Jacob's not-so-stellar social acumen, he wouldn't have perceived it as a slight even if they hadn't been introduced. "Hmm, a name decidedly of Japanese origin. I wonder if that is purely heritage or indicative of his upbringing?" Well, he would let the matter drop for now, it really wasn't any of his business. "A pleasure to meet you, Hiru-san." he stated matter-of-factly as he shook hands with the man, oblivious to the fact that he had just thrown out a test to see just how Japanese this man was. "I am Dr. Jacob Blitzkopf, but please, call me Jacob. The title is merely a natural consequence of my educational status, and I feel does not really signify anything about my person." That was a proper step in making things less formal, right? And less formal lead to more meaningful conversation, or at least so he had heard. Not that he usually cared about conversation, but this man was a librarian, aka one who had access to nigh limitless information, and he had found a different approach to Jacob's dilemma. Such an individual was one he would like to associate with on an amicable basis. Assuming that standard social protocol was at play, he took this as a signifier that the shaking of hands was called for, which proved to be an even greater surprise. Just like with the door, this interaction failed to produce an electrostatic discharge. "The power nullification is quite remarkably precise," he stated almost under his breath.

With: Hiru-sanxxxxxxMood: CuriousxxxxxxCharge: 80%xxxxxxPhysical Condition: StablexxxxxxMental Condition: StablexxxxxxOoc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Crew

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    • Fantastic Fifteen 100
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    [Off Campus] The Big City

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers