Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply The Archives (Past/Closed Events)
Dream World RP Event Info Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:00 am
User Image

S w e e t x D r e a m s . . .
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

It appears that trainers and pokemon all over the world are experiencing strangely vivid dreams. What's even stranger? Their actions while dreaming are having an effect on the physical one!

Welcome to the Dream World! In this hazy fantasy, the logic of the physical world doesn't quite apply. You can fly in the sky and swim deep in the sea without the assistance of your pokemon friends.

The systems of the guild are different here too! Here are some of the features of posting in the dream world:

EXP Change:
      Normally, the guild grants 1 EXP per post for each active party pokemon, however in the dream world, EXP is now quantified by the number of words in your post. For every 100 words you write, each active party pokemon gets 1 EXP, so at 200 words, each active party member gets 2 EXP, at 300 words, 3 EXP, and so on. This stops after 1000 words however, meaning the max EXP you can get per pokemon per post is 10. Posts can have more than 1000 words in them, however the word limit for bonus EXP is 1000. The word count doesn't round up, so if you have 199 words, it's still only 1 exp per pokemon, not 2. Please note how many words are in your post somewhere in your post. The word count does not include coding and layout, only the words in your RP posts.

Pokemon, NPCs, and Items:
      Each area of the Dream World (except the Tree of Dreams, which acts as a gateway point) has it's own list of area specific items and wild pokemon. All wild pokemon are encountered in the Dream World by spending Pokemon Encounter Post Points, and they will match the average level of your active party. You ARE allowed to capture pokemon in the Dream World. Any pokemon caught in the Dream World can stay with your trainer while they travel around the Dream World, but will be mysteriously transported to your trainer's PC when they wake up. The pokemon encountered in the Dream World are usually only available in select areas of the guild, so use this as an opportunity to catch your favorite pokemon or fill up your pokedex!

You may also battle NPCs in the Dream World, as other trainers will be getting thrown into the realm as well. Their maximum combined team level will be equal to 4 times your active party's average level.

Battle Changes:
      -All Battles will be Inverse Battles
      -Obedience Rules do not apply
      -Lower level pokemon will move first
      -Status altering moves will work in reverse, as if the pokemon using it has the ability Contrary. For pokemon who actually have the ability Contrary, status altering moves work normally.

Additionally, upon entering the Dream World, each character has the option to permanently shift their starter pokemon's badge ignoring obedience to any other pokemon on your team. You can still grant a pokemon obedience if you rejected receiving a starter pokemon from the lab or traded away your starter. Quote a mod in this thread and notify them of the obedience change upon your character entering the Distortion World.

The Dream World RP event will last until January 1st, 11:59 PM PST. Be sure to set your character's alarms so they'll wake up before then!

FAQs:

Q: How Do I Enter/Leave the Event?
    A: In order to enter the Dream World, simply make a "travel post" where you have your character fall asleep and "exit" to the Dream World. They will then be transported to the Dream World and wake up at the Tree of Dreams. Make a note of what location your character fell asleep in your Dream World posts. From there, your character may go to any of the numerous areas surrounding the tree. When you want to leave the Dream World, simply have your character wake up back where they fell asleep.

Q: Can I enter the Dream World from anywhere?
    A: Yes! Just have your character fall asleep and "wake up" in the Dream World starting at the Tree of Dreams.

Q: Do I have to make my character stay in the Dream World after they enter?
    A: No! Your character is free to come and go as you need. Just remember that the Dream World's rules only apply when you post in this thread, and normal guild rules apply everywhere else.

Q: Can I post for Post Anywhere Items in the Dream World too?
    A: Yes you may.

Q: Do I need to make 3 movement posts to move in/out/around the Dream World?
    A: No you don't! You are free to move around, come and go as you please for the duration of the event.

Q: How do Lucky Eggs/Energy Drinks work for post EXP in the Dream World?
    A: They each add one EXP. If a pokemon is carrying a lucky egg, 199 words or less will get that pokemon +2 EXP instead of +1, 200-299 words will get that pokemon 3 EXP instead of 2, and so on, with a +11 for 1000 or more words.

Q: Can pokemon encountered be less than the team average? Or do they have to be the max level they can be?
    A: Yes, you can make wild pokemon less than the team average.

If you have any questions regarding the event, please post them here, and we will answer them! New FAQs will be added in Red as the event continues.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:01 am
KipsterHipster

I'm transferring starter obedience from Rita to Sinbad. [ x ]

l e t t h e s u f f e r i n g b e g i n  

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:59 am
Vigilia

...Oh... I... I derped...
Welp, a bit late since apparently I am a blind mod, but officially quoting for Felix's obedience change from Zelse the Froakie to Daemon the Houndoom. [Link]  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:03 am
SpectralEternity

I'm not sure where any of my character's obediences are at, so I'll just put them all here if that's cool:

Arezu: Switch to Hikaru the lucario [X]
Jun: Switch to Dune the dunsparce (b/c he's a good boi who tries his best) [X]
Alex: Switch to Chica [X]  

StarlightSchism

Dapper Dabbler

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:28 pm
KipsterHipster

Switching Trey's obedience to Cherish from.... no one >> Because he sucks. And never got a starter. So....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:30 am
SpazzticPanda1311

Hey there, I noticed you’d started posting Terrence — which I’m happy for, I hope you enjoy the event — and needed to let you know that, before you can post him in any of the other areas, he actually needs to wake up at the Tree of Dreams.

You can find that rule underneath the FAQ: “In order to enter the Dream World, simply make a "travel post" where you have your character fall asleep and "exit" to the Dream World. They will then be transported to the Dream World and wake up at the Tree of Dreams”

KipsterHipster
Crew

Omnipresent Regular

7,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200

SpazzticPanda1311

Bashful Bear

21,775 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:29 pm
KipsterHipster
SpazzticPanda1311

Hey there, I noticed you’d started posting Terrence — which I’m happy for, I hope you enjoy the event — and needed to let you know that, before you can post him in any of the other areas, he actually needs to wake up at the Tree of Dreams.

You can find that rule underneath the FAQ: “In order to enter the Dream World, simply make a "travel post" where you have your character fall asleep and "exit" to the Dream World. They will then be transported to the Dream World and wake up at the Tree of Dreams”

Huh I must have accidentally missed that bit, my bad. I'll just slap a post in that topic real quick then. Sorry about that.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:22 pm
loonamist

I would like to transfer Su Yan's starter obedience to Drunken Fist the meleeon, as due to him doubling as a service pokemon it makes the most sense i feel. i think i have a link a post?  

Slow Boys

Aged Donator

The Archives (Past/Closed Events)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces