Submit

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:56 am
I just bought my first part of feastgear yesterday.

A wooden bowl from Target, $5. I'm proud of this one.

So.

Where did you get your feast gear from?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:31 pm
DI, and Maceys. Maceys had these cool glass mugs for 50 cents!  

Icelemental

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:02 pm
Value Village and the Salvation Army. They're amazing places to get things like feast gear...I probably got my entire set there, picking up a couple of pieces at a time, for about $10...Canadian mind you. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:24 pm
All my wood feast gear comes from friends. My ceramic goblets come from Goodwill. My pretty pewter tankard with my name etched into it (so I don't lose it when I've been drinking) is from my mom. Yay for not having to spend money!! (and yay for a mom who supports my habbit!) mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

choco meijin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:44 pm
mostly get my stuff from thrift shop. Those dented aluminum tankards go for about a dollar. I like to tie ribbons in my heraldic colors to handle of my mug. Keeps it from getting lost so easily.

Has anyone tried embellishing a wooden trencher or bowl with woodburned pattern?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:40 pm
choco meijin
mostly get my stuff from thrift shop. Those dented aluminum tankards go for about a dollar. I like to tie ribbons in my heraldic colors to handle of my mug. Keeps it from getting lost so easily.

Has anyone tried embellishing a wooden trencher or bowl with woodburned pattern?

I'm thinking about doing that, but I'm not sure how bad that'll mess with my bowl. There is a slight finish to it, so I don't want to do anything to ridiculous to it.

Though it would be fun.  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:57 am
There's this awesome kitchen store in the mall in Chapel Hill, I got most of my feast gear there, then picked up a few other pieces here and there. Mostly from merchants at events.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:39 am
I haunt Goodwill and yard sales. Our family is building a feast gear collection, in hopes of being able to set tables for a feast of 100 guests without anyone needing to bring their own gear. We're getting close to the goal, too. You'd be amazed how many wooden and metal dishes, assorted mugs, candlesticks, and related pieces can be found at a second-hand store!  

dkpalmer

Friendly Genius

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:28 am
I have two different sets of feast gear.

One set I use for more rustic events and is mostly wooden bowls and plates with some pewter goblets. That set I found at thrift store, etc.

The second set I use for more formal events and feasts. I bought it last year at Pennsic from Dancing Pig Pottery. They do marvelous work that is dishwasher and microwave safe. I have plates, bowls, mugs, wine goblets, and a pitcher all from the same pattern of pottery.

Iofa ferch Macsen  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:47 pm
My bowl is from Target, my plate if from The Pillaged Village, my silverware is from World Market.  

CassiusD

Dammask

7,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:37 pm
Flea markets, yard and garage sales, merchants, Goodwill, Salvation Army stores, auctions, and antique stores ... anywhere humanly possible! And as cheap as possible, too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:14 am
well, i got a wooden plat in the shape of a leaf, with an indent in the middle (so i can use part for soup, and part for other foods blaugh ) from SCA friends that had a garage sale for like 2$ (also a black corset with beautiful black velvet vine & leaf design that fits me perfectly, forr 60$ less then when she bought it new - as in i paid $40 for it, she bought it new for $100)

and then i have a clay cup thing my friend bought me at the last SCA event (Spring Coronet in An Tir) for my early B-day present from emmy, she got it from this really awesome pottery guy!! he had a thing set up, and it was awesome!! xd so many kewl things!! sweatdrop too bad i forgot my money!! crying

and then i don't have anything else yet sweatdrop but i want more!! xp  

Naito_Mitsukai

Kiddo Seanchain

Shirtless Heckler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:54 am
My feastgear was given to me as a gift from the group I'm part of. They saw some at an event for a good price so they picked it up. The silverware was a gift from another guy in the group when he picked it up from a garage sale and didn't need any knew stuff. And my mug was a gift from our laurel who is learning to make pottery. It's one of her older ones and she doesn't like the shape of it anymore but I love it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:54 pm
thrift stores and eBay xd I've got a really nice set of tankards, but I've yet to find a good bowl/plate set or any silverware that would pass as period sweatdrop

Twin star of Suzaku

Dangerous Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Zero_Monster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Spencers has dragon goblets and coasters  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items