Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
× ✖ × I Like You A Latte :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:51 pm
User Image
                                              ╔══════════════════════════════╗
                                              Hailey Scheer
                                              Twenty Two Years Old - Slytherin Alumna - Muggleborn
                                              Junior Assistant to the Minister of Magic

╚══════════════════════════════╝

Hailey nodded, sure of herself, when Wren said she looked sharp. That was what she intended to go for while still dressing in what felt like herself. Someone could dress sharply while still showing their personality – there was a difference between sharp and boring, after all. As Wren gave Hailey his order, she tried to hide the fact that his list of food caught her off guard. Luckily, his eyes were on the menu rather than on her, which helped her compose herself without him noticing. Was he serious? The audacity.

Of all people, her best contact for an investment was Wren. He was also the person most likely to pull s**t like this. Hailey refrained from rolling her eyes at the situation, and even more so when the man asked if she needed him to write it down. “Actually, yes, if you don’t mind,” she responded, sliding over a napkin and quill across the table – no way was he going to scribble down his ridiculous order on the back (or worse, the front) of one of her blueprints. As the blonde waited, she hoped her request didn’t come off too abrasive. It would have been quite a shame if the reason he declined to invest was because Hailey was too bitchy – something she’d been told before on multiple occasions.

Taking the napkin, Hailey went up to the cashier and slipped them Wren’s written order, adding that she’d also like an iced chai latte. Once ready, Hailey carried back a tray and placed it on their table. Noticing that Wren had left a few galleons on the table, she looked at him as he glanced over one of her plan proposals and asked, “Was that a test?” This time, Hailey gave in to her impulse to roll her eyes but still took the cash. “Fine, fine.” She did have to admit, Wren knew her quite well. Hailey pondered for a moment, trying to think of the juiciest gossip she had heard recently that would feed his hunger. “Oh! One of Chanda’s customers is a mistress to the son of someone on the Wizengamot. She’s pregnant with their second kid, but isn’t sure if the baby is the son’s or her second boyfriend’s, who works in Magical Sports.”

Hailey sipped from her drink before answering the next question. “Yep. I can’t believe we’ve been living together a year now. Still no new tattoos, at least on me since the first time.” Fortunately for Hailey’s mental state, but unfortunate for Wren’s desire for drama, her relationship with Sam felt very stable and safe. Who would have thought that she would have ended up with her brother’s best friend? After a few more moments of catching up on all the latest news, Hailey clapped her hands together. “Anyway, I actually do intend on getting through my proposal with you today,” she stated, noting that they’ve been lollygagging for the past ten minutes and that Wren showed up late. So, the blonde began going over her plans, starting with the document that Wren had in front of him.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

You were r e d and you liked me 'cause I was b l u e
                                              But you t o u c h e d me and suddenly I was a l i l a c sky

addaellis
Yukina101

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:44 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

23 years || Slytherin alum || pureblood legilimens
Apprentice WandmakerxxxxxxHead of Family
xxxxxxxxOllivander'sxxxxxxxxxxxWinchester Foundation

“A test?” Wren narrowed his eyes before curling his mouth into a smirk. ”Perhaps.”

He hummed with interest as Hailey indulged his request for gossip. “One of Chanda’s customers”, “Son of someone on the Wizengamot”, and “Magical Sports” wasn’t much to go on, but he knew there was a love triangle?…shape going on in the Ministry now. Some cross-referencing, some digging around, and Nim might be able to turn that into some usable information. Wren wasn’t much for blackmail– he didn’t have anything that he couldn’t just…get–but it was always nice to know what was going on.

”Oh? I didn't know that that was a possible side effect of living with Sam Dashwood. But stable is good.” As much as Wren liked amusing drama, he actually cared about his friends and would rather not have them suffer the stress of drama. The everyday drama– who was picking up the kids, what was going on in the world of potions research, how much an occamy egg was going for on the black market– that was all the drama Wren needed.

Wren sighed dramatically as Hailey clapped her hands. He speared his salad, waving a bit of chicken in front of Dunce’s nose but the cat was busy with her turkey and ignored him. ”Fine, fine, make me work” he said, picking up the document he’d been flipping through and returning to the front page. ”This is your yoga studio, fitness center thing right? Pitch to me. Who are you expecting as customers, what kind of service, what revenue model you’re looking for, that nonsense. The general bit first, since it seems like you’ve pivoted since our Hogwarts days.”

setting I Like the Lattes a Latte, May 2058 || withHailey Scheer, still as diligent as ever.
appearance 5'8", quite fit || wearing turtleneck shirt + suit jacket + black jeans
status Well MagiScouts is doing pretty well so I guess maybe I'm not that bad at throwing money at my friends.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

✧✦
"The Hollow Men" by T.S. Elliot.

addaellis

Diagon Alley