Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
× ✖ × I Like You A Latte :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:27 pm
Nothing is holding you back now
No one can push you around
What do you wanna do your the master of you and
Isn't the thought enough to lift you off of the ground
Nothing is holding me back now

User Image
User Image

Gʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍ ☀ Cʟᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Dᴇsɪɢɴᴇʀ ☀ Mᴇᴛᴀᴍᴏʀᴘʜᴀɢᴜs

❃❂❁Chanda laughed into their hand as Will adopted a scowling unimpressed look at Lulu's words as the barista herself cackled happily. "Absolutely! To both of your questions fyi. You know I have partial face blindness; it's like you were trying to sneak right past me. Rude!" She added a drama huff at the end of her words making the meta laugh more not even attempting to hide it behind their hands. However when Will mentioned that it was just going to be one bill, Chanda attempted to pipe up in protest (they'd thought it was joke!) but they were too late as the barista rung up their orders so they just settled on pouting up at their companion. "Next time we go out, I'm paying. I thought we were kidding about putting it all on you!" They most certainly weren't whining but it was a close thing before they remember that a, they were in public and b, they had an audience who was not hiding her amusement at the scene at all.

"Ooo~ I'd listen to 'em, Will; my mum sounds exactly like that whenever she catches me still up at 6am. It's not a fight you can win. You can, however, take your cheesecakes and find comfy seat. I'll bring your drinks out when they're ready." As Chanda was taking their plate of dessert they frowned a bit saying. "Oh, you don't have to do that. You're probably busy," but was cut off by a loud snort. "Puh-lease. There's literally nothing going on here. Delivering coffee to two cute boys is about to be the highlight of my day. Would you deny me this experience?" Lulu batted her eyelashes at them causing laughter to bubble forth.

"I suppose not! Thanks Lulu, we'll be right over there then." Chanda led Will over to a nearby table that offered natural lighting and happily took a seat ready to dig into their treat. At the first bite, a low happy hum erupted from them along with a bright grin. "You were right, this cheesecake is amazing! It's gonna be hard not to just inhale this before the coffee comes out." they admitted still taking another bite.

No one can push me around
What do I wanna be
I'm the master of me
And isn't the thought enough to lift me off of the ground
We could be independent together
Independent together we can fly
User Image
Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:57 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? I Like You a Latte
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Chanda and Lulu
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Coffee date thing...
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Next time?

Will sent a mischievous grin over toward Lulu when she reminded him of her face blindness, then said he'd tried to sneak past you. "It probably doesn't help that I'm not dressed for work today too. But I really didn't mean to confuse you there." He was excited, though, at the prospect of getting the cinnamon latte again. After he paid, Chanda seemed to be mildly upset, but they said that the next time they went out, it was Chanda's job to pay. Apparently they hadn't believed when Will said he'd pay. "Oh, it's okay. I don't mind at all. But, if you'd like to meet up again, I'm certainly not going to say no."

It was then that Lulu chimed in saying Will had better agree, since it wasn't a fight to be won. She also handed over their cheesecakes, which Will happily accepted. "Thank you, Lulu. It looks great as usual." Chanda said Lulu didn't have to deliver their drinks, then Lulu went out of her way to call them both cute. That earned a little blush from Will, who wasn't used to being called cute. He followed Chanda over to one of the little tables, sunlight pouring in to illuminate the area. Chanda dove right in for his cheesecake, and admitted it was amazing. "I know. I swear they add something to make it better, but Lulu won't give me the secret ingredients. Not like I could ever make one anyway." He sent over a grin, taking a bite of his own slice, nodding a bit with happiness as he tasted the raspberry flavors.

{{Wearing: Casualwear}}
yukina101

Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴇʀᴀs. Iᴄᴇ ʜᴀs ᴍᴇʟᴛᴇᴅ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʟɪꜰᴇ
Dᴏɴᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ᴍʏ sᴇɴᴛᴇɴᴄᴇ, ᴅʀᴇss ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴇ ᴅɪᴇ
Sʏᴄᴏᴘʜᴀɴᴛs ᴏɴ ᴠᴇʟᴠᴇᴛ sᴏꜰᴀs, ʟᴀᴠɪsʜ ᴍᴀɴsɪᴏɴs, ᴠɪɴᴛᴀɢᴇ ᴡɪɴᴇ
I ᴀᴍ sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʀᴏʏᴀʟ, sɴᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴄᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs
Iꜰ ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟs ɢᴏᴏᴅ, ᴛᴀsᴛᴇs ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪᴛ ᴍᴜsᴛ ʙᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ
Hᴇʀᴏᴇs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀᴇᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅɪᴇ
Aɴᴅ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I'ᴍ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴡɴ
I'ᴍ ᴀʟʟ ᴅʀᴇssᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴀᴋᴇᴅ I sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ᴍɪɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:30 pm

User Image
User Image

❃❂❁Chanda beamed in happiness as Will agreed to allow them to pay on their next outing. Yes, they realized how this all sounded but it would be an outing between friends! They would've done the same with any other friend or family member (also yes they realized they never got this incensed about it but denial was a river they were more than familiar with). They were also really rethinking everything they might've known about Will since at school they never really saw him hang around anyone let alone a group but it seemed it hadn't been due to unfriendliness. Xe wondered why xe never considered it back then but then regrouped thinking that maybe it hadn't been the best time then but it was now. The universe worked funny like that.

As they both tucked in to their cheesecakes, they chuckled as the other lamented that Lulu wouldn't share the apparent secret recipe for the delicious desserts. "I'm not the best baker either, but I've gotten better since my sister started having kids. I felt like it was like, the consummate things as a unty to bake with niblings and get them hyped on sugar before sending them back to their parents." Chanda grinned widely taking another hum worthy bite. "By the way, is Lulu also the baker? She seems to have so many jobs, does her family own this place you think?" they wondered aloud.

"Nah, but my mum owns the ice cream parlor down the way though." Lulu piped in from beside the table carrying a tray of two coffees beaming as if she hadn't been eavesdropping. "Also pretty sure Gwen's chased me out her kitchen enough times though for me to definitely not ever be deigned deserving of one of her recipes. Especially the cheesecake. Fortunately for you too I do better on lattes than I do baked goods!" She placed one cup in front of Will and another in front of Chanda who immediately cooed over the adorable kitty whip cream art.

"That would be one cinnamon brown sugar latte for you and a toffee caramel chai for you. Hope you both enjoy!" They eagerly assured her that xe would as he carefully picked up xis cup, careful to not disturb the art too much and found a small section to sip from. Immediately the different notes of chai and the sweetness from the buttery caramel and toffee and the warmth of it all exploded into an almost full body shiver. "This. Is the most amazing thing I've ever tasted. Ever. I'm leaving her the biggest tip I know how, she's definitely earned it." they intoned solemnly as they took another sip, ignorant of the dollop of whip that had now perched itself onto the tip of their nose.

What do I wanna be
I'm the master of me
User Image
Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:02 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Was she eavesdropping?

Will took another bite of his cheesecake as Chanda spoke of not being the best baker either. Apparently they'd learned largely to entertain their niblings (that was nieces and nephews, right?). Chanda then asked if Lulu had done the baking. As if on cue, Lulu popped over with their lattes, saying she didn't bake, but her mom owned the ice cream shop in Diagon. "Your brother though. He bakes. Owns the shop in Hogsmeade, right? Makes cinnamon rolls to die for. They're an unstoppable duo set to fatten me up, I swear." The last sentence was mumbled, knowing he put more than enough hours in at the gym and dueling ranges to make up for any calories consumed.

He looked at his latte, admiring the art done at the top. "See, I never understood art like this. I can draw with pen, but any time I try to pour milk in coffee it just.... makes milky coffee. Never could do art with it." He sipped his drink, practically melting at the flavor. It seemed Chanda felt the same, doing a full shudder and admitting it was the best thing ever. "If you come in more frequent, she'll eventually just make custom drinks. She likes to experiment." That he knew from experience, having become one of Lulu's guinea pigs for flavor testing. "She's skilled, for sure. I'll never know how she does it."

yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:51 pm

User Image
User Image

❃❂❁Chanda gaped up as Will spoke about Lulu's brother who supposedly owned a bakery in Hogsmeade and quickly put two-and-two together. "Theo's your brother?! I love his shop! I go there every time I do deliveries." they exclaimed happy at this turnout. What an amazing coincidence! It seemed like everyone in their family were culinary creators in some work or fashion. They couldn't contain themselves however as they huffed with a roll of their eyes at their companion's words about fattening due to their frequent visitations. "Ohsure it's toootally working Mr. 'I Probably Have An 8-Pack'." they muttered under their breath as they took another forkful of cake. They hadn't actually seen any proof or evidence to their words but they could tell Will obviously took care of his physique-he was an auror for Morgana's sake!-to know their words weren't quite as dramatic as they could've come across. Didn't stop their ears from literally pinking but that was their business and no one else's. Chanda perked up as Will mentioned that if they became a regular, Lulu would create custom drink orders for them as well which just a bonus in their books.

"You don't need to encourage me to visit again, I'm definitely hooked! My business partner is going to hate you though; me suddenly going from doing all my designing at home or the office to here is going to be burdensome." they chuckled imagining Cyrille's annoyed sighs once he found out about their change of venue. Honestly though, he and his other friends were always telling them to be a bit more spontaneous. It was the whole reason for this impromptu day off after all! "...on second thought, he might just thank you!" Chanda snickered into their cup taking another sip and seeing a weird blot at the end of their nose. They made a soft "ah" sound at finally noticing the cream on his nose and after a failed attempt to lick it off with their tongue, gave up and used a napkin instead.
[color#B62084]"

What do I wanna be
I'm the master of me
User Image
Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:05 pm
User ImageUser Image

Will nodded when Chanda confirmed that Theo was the brother in mention. "The very same. He's amazing with baked goods. And their mom with the ice cream shop completes the sweet-tooth trifecta." He grinned, wondering if there were any other kitchen-savvy people in their family. Most likely, anyway. After mentioning being fattened up, Chanda noted that Will apparently had an 8-Pack. "Not by far. I've got some form, but I'm not like... that defined." He shrugged, thinking it wasn't likely for Chanda to be looking at his abs anytime soon.... though that thought did draw a bit of a blush to his cheeks.

At Chanda's insistence that they'd be back, Will chuckled softly. Apparently this would become a new workspace. "It's probably nice to do work here. Well lit, good atmosphere, always smells like coffee and baked goods. Plus their food is good too. But I know the natural lighting is good for doing artwork, if that's your jam." He'd been in here to utilize the window table for working on sketching before, and was always glad for the lighting. When Chanda noted their partner would probably thank him, Will offered a wry smile. Before he could speak, he noticed Chanda attempting to lick a bit of whipped cream from his nose. Thaaaaaaat brought up a heavy blush. Will looked away, staring out the window. The sunlight made him squint his eyes, and the focus on that helped calm his emotions. His stupid, stupid emotions.

yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:18 pm

User Image
User Image

❃❂❁Chanda shot Will a disbelieving look as he attempted to dissuade the idea that he had a physique. "Honestly I'm rather jealous you have any form at all. I just try to not be considered 'lanky'." they air quoted with a chuckle. It apparently drove the women in his family to anger whenever they brought it up practically shrieking down their gullet about how thankful they should be for their amazing metabolism. And they were! It was just, sometimes they wanted a bit of muscle too! (Logically they knew this would mean actual weight training which...was something they would set firmly in the "plan for later" pile.)

Taking another sip of delicious chai, xe nodded eagerly as Will agreed about how nice it would be to do work at the cafe. specifically mentioning the natural light. "I can definitely see me getting more inspiration here than staring at a wall. Maybe I can talk Cyrille into trying it for our next product launch." Chanda mused aloud taking their last bite of cake. They then noticed that their companion had randomly turned to stare out the bright window and was glad for their transition lenses as to not be blinded when they did the same. Did he see someone he knew? Maybe they had talked too much and he just didn't want to be rude about telling them. Certainly wouldn't be the first time but this would certainly be the most polite way it'd been done.

"What exactly are we staring at?" Chanda startled slightly as Lulu appeared beside them-again-out of nowhere also looking out the same window. "'Dunno. But it'd better than staring at my empty plate. It just makes me sad. Happy, but sad." They dramatically sighed, ignoring Lulu's giggles as they adjusted to the reality that there really was no more cheesecake on their plate.

What do I wanna be
I'm the master of me
User Image
Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:55 pm
User ImageUser Image

Will snorted softly when Chanda mentioned their jealousy at "any form at all". Apparently they were usually considered to be lanky. "Tell 'em you'd rather be called 'lithe' or 'slender'." He offered, hopefully helpfully, as he ate another bite of his cheesecake. He was running dangerously low on delicious cheesecake goodness. "If you ever want, you can hang with me at the gym. I just use a local one by my flat. Been there forever, so I'm sure I can bring guests along." He figured it might be worth asking the manager, since he could use a workout buddy. It got pretty boring just being alone at the gym, after all.

As they discussed the lighting, Chanda mentioned being able to get more inspiration here. "Mhm, I like to people watch from here sometimes. But you should try working from here. I'm sure Lulu would like the company." He grinned, wondering where she'd gone off to. After causing himself to blush and turning to stare into the sun, Apparently Chanda had looked too, then Lulu popped up out of nowhere to ask what they were looking at. He turned sharply to look over at the other two. "Oh.. um... I thought I saw someone I knew. It... it wasn't them, though." Chanda mentioned their empty plate, and Will agreed, finishing his final bite. "Same here. At least I've still got some latte to drink."

yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:19 pm

User Image
User Image

❃❂❁Chanda hummed in thought at the change in words. They rather liked "lithe" and told him so with a bashful grin. The grin then slid off as their eyes glazed over and their mind tripped into dangerous territory at Will's offer of accompanying him to the gym. Watching the taller man do squats, pull ups, lift weights or whatever he did to keep himself in shape... Right before their eyes a strip of pink erupted from their head right in the front because of course their magic would have no shame. As they tried to figure themselves out, they were glad for the distraction Lulu continued to be-a happy one!-as she came by to supposedly check on them. "Oh that's nice," they said absentmindedly as they worked to try and fix their stubborn streak. After about a minute they just drew a deep breath and decided to give up, figuring it would go away on its own sooner or later. When Will mentioned he was glad he still had some latte, Chanda then perked up remembering that they too still had chai left despite their cheesecake's demise.

"I'm glad you both enjoyed it! Feel free to stick around as long as you want, just know if you leave without saying goodbye I'll haunt you both and guilt you for it. You know I will." Lulu pointedly looked at Will before flouncing away much to Chanda's amusement and confusion. "She is...quite the character. I like her." they said decidedly, sipping from their mug slowly to make the chai last. As they descended into silence, they were once again reminded how much they'd commandeered most of the talking earlier and became slightly ashamed. "I feel like I've taken over most of our conversation, sorry about that. I know I can get too much, you can just tell me when I have." they apologized with a small embarrassed smile and shrug.

What do I wanna be
I'm the master of me
User Image
Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Comfortable Conversation... is new to me

Will nodded a bit when Chanda commented on it being nice. Chanda's hair had donned a vivid pink streak, leading the blonde to wonder why. Perhaps it was something they'd opted to do, or maybe just something that... happened. Honestly, Will didn't know all to much about metas, other than that they randomly popped up in pureblood families. Maybe it was something related to emotion or perhaps just a random thought that'd passed their mind.

As Lulu said she was glad they'd enjoyed their snack, she said they were free to hang around, so long as they said goodbye before they left. "I don't think you can haunt people if you're not a ghost. As it stands, if you were a ghost set to haunt me... well, I'd take my chances." Blue eyes twinkled in merriment, then he offered a sly grin. "That is, of course, hypothetically speaking, of course. Since there's no way we'd forget to say goodbye. Not like you'd give us the chance to slip out." He chuckled softly, watching as she skipped away. Chanda quickly noted that she was quite a character. "Oh yea, she's great. By far my favorite barista here."

He took a sip of the still warm latte, sighing softly. Chanda spoke up, apologizing for taking over the conversation. Will drew in a deep breath, nodding a bit. "Honestly, don't worry about it. I'm not... a huge talker, so it's nice having someone that doesn't mind saying more words. I'm... trying to get better, but honestly most of my conversation is either work related, comic book related... or my daily coffee order. Not much else really to talk about most of the time." He shrugged a bit, sighing before taking another sip of latte, a bit sad that he was running low.

{{OoC: sorry it took forever to reply!}}
yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:51 am
User ImageUser Image

Never in his life would Roland have considered putting blackberry in his coffee. Not until Lulu had introduced him to this specific coffeeshop, and he'd spotted it on the menu and gone, why the hell would anyone put blackberry in coffee?! But, there it was, for all the world to see, and he'd been so confused he'd had to try it. God help him, he was a believer now. That was some of the most delicious shite he'd ever tried, to this day, and he'd tried a lot. Traveling all over introduced you to all sorts of things, and he couldn't say it was the best coffee he'd ever had, but these days it tasted like home.

He wasn't in London much, really. When he'd first started out, he'd come back often, equal parts homesickness and lack of funds. There were only so many odd jobs you could do in a foreign country when you didn't speak the language, and he didn't have any talents he could put forth to busk. But, as time went on, he learned a little language here and there, enough to get by in different parts of the globe, and needed to head home less. In addition to being able to work short seasonal jobs, he made money as a travel writer and photographer, which were words he couldn't quite believe he could say. But say them he could, and it was invigorating. Still, he had to come back to see his family every now and again, and to get his Special Coffee Fix.

So, when Gwen called out for someone to pick up a large Forget Me Not with an extra shot, he instinctively got to his feet and grabbed for it. Imagine his surprise, then, when his hand nearly collided with someone else's, only an inch from knocking over the drink. Gwen, with her customary churlishness, swatted his hand and said, "Don't even think about it," before handing the drink to the other person. "Wait your turn, Rol," she added, before turning back to the bar.

Sheepish, Roland turned to his apparent drink-twin, giving a somewhat awkward smile.
                                        "Sorry about that," he said. "Don't think I've ever known anyone else to get that drink. I half thought she kept it on the menu just for me." The last was, of course, a joke, his voice lilting with something just slightly foreign, the accent of his last trip clinging. It'd take a couple of days before he went back to sounding like a proper Brit, a change that always jarred him when he got back to London and heard people speaking what, to his ears, what unaccented English.

»» нυғғlepυғғ alυмnυѕ »» ғreelance тravel pнoтograpнer »» ѕιngle

»» ooc »» text

мy ғeeт caυgнт тнe walĸιng need wнen ι waѕ вυт a тwιg
                                        ѕo ι тaĸe only wнaт ι need and ι need noтнιng вιg
                                        eхcepт ғor тнe ĸeyѕ тo everyтнιng тнe anѕwerѕ тo oυr lιveѕ
                                        pυт тнaт ιn мy вacĸpacĸ вeѕιde мy вowιe ĸnιғe

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:13 pm

User Image♝♗
SCYTHARIA THEILER BLACKWOOD

22 years || Lone Star Academy Alumna || halfblood
Owner and Tour Guide
Terror Tours

Scytharia didn’t know if the owners had planned this store arrangement (certainly they did! She couldn’t imagine the unpleasantness if they hadn’t) but she was really appreciating Thanks a Brunch and I Like You a Latte being so close to each other. If she wasn’t doing breakfast at home with her cousin (how someone who cooked for a living could stand making breakfast every day eluded her), brunch was fantastic. She got a mid-afternoon pick-me-up at Latte nearly every other day, and took her meetings at the Golden Lotus Tea shop whenever possible.

With Penelope helping her at the shop, Scythe could now even afford a relaxing break. She had been sitting at a table near the window, flipping through an art book with accompanying poems about cursebreaking in Thailand and jotting notes about possible places that might make a fun tour. When her drink was called she’d gotten up while still reading a poem and her hand nearly collided with another guest’s.

Gwen swatted the other person’s hand away–err, hopefully playfully?-- and chided him. ”No worries,” she replied with a bright smile. ”I’ve been working my way through the menu and realized I’d forgotten the Forget Me Not,” Scythe admitted. She generally tried to order something different every time she came in, but sometimes she was just in the mood for Raspberry Truffle…but what if you did blueberry instead of raspberry…and vanilla instead of chocolate? (Terrible, horrible things) Or Marble Truffle…but with a shot of cherry? (Mouth-melting sweetness!) Blackberry and vanilla with as nice a name as Forget me Not? She had to try it. (Plus and extra shot to keep her going for tonight’s Pub Crawl).

“I suppose I have you to thank for this then?” she said, when the strangely familiar stranger remarked that he half thought he was the only one to get it. ”I suppose you’re somewhat of a regular then?” she followed, trying to get him to talk a little more as she figured out his accent. For Scytharia herself, the moment she opened her mouth, her American accent gave her away. It was a unique blend of everywhere she’d lived and stayed– Oregon mostly– but plenty of Texan drawl from her schooling at Lone Star. Bits and pieces of her cousin’s thick Scottish accent had made its way into her voice, but even if she’d been in the Isles for five years now, her normal voice still sounded stubbornly un-European.

”Sorry for prying,” she admitted finally. “I’m trying to place your accent. British, but there’s…something else?”

setting Latte place, Winter 2057 || with A strangely familiar stranger
appearance 5’7”, curvy, tattoo on her left collarbone || wearing Long blue dress + boots
status Where in the world did this guy get his accent? :O

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Slept in a room with the ghost of Gram Parsons
Drank some wine I can't afford
Went to San Antonio to the riverwalk and the rodeo
Seen the white cliffs of Dover from the shore
You can take me out of the country
But you can't take the country out of me
♗♝
"~"Dime Store Cowgirl" by Kacey Musgraves.

addaellis

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:41 am
User ImageUser Image

Roland nodded understandingly; he knew all about trying new things, after all. It was basically his entire life. Weirdly, though, he almost never ordered anything different here. He pretty much always got the Forget Me Not. "Sometimes I forget there is a rest of the menu," he joked. "Anywhere else in the world I'd say I'm pretty adventurous, but I come back here and suddenly I want the same thing I always want." Comforts of home, he guessed. The whole point of returning was to bask in the familiar, whereas the draw over the rest of the globe was the new. Huh. There was something in that. He could write an article for his travel blog.

Was he a regular? He was only in the shop when he was in town, and he was only in town maybe once every couple of months. He managed to shake his head, then shrug.
                                        "Not sure I qualify, truth be told," he replied. "As a regular, I mean. I'm not around often enough to pop in with any regularity. But a friend of mine introduced me to the place years ago, and I come by whenever I'm home."

When she apologized, he couldn't quite hide the look of surprised confusion. He didn't think that was prying; if anything, he might've thought she was trying to pick him up. Or arrange a second meeting to do so at, at the very least. He hadn't thought that, because he wasn't completely full of himself (though he'd come a long way from the awkward teen who couldn't talk to girls), but the possibility had crossed his mind briefly before his ego (or lack thereof) had dismissed it. Her reason for doing the supposed prying, however, made him chuckle. "It's a bit all-over the place, yeah?" he asked, the continued, "I'm from England, originally, but I travel a lot. Just got in from a trip to Venezuela, so that's probably the worst of it. But I know I've picked up some odd lilts and turns of phrase from all over."

He gave her a considering look, then said, "You're not exactly a Brit yourself, yeah? But I'll be damned if I can figure out which corner of the states you're from." Was that prying? She'd started it, so he was just returning the serve, so to speak, right? Not that this was a game. Or... ugh, his brain was getting away from him again. Good thing this wasn't something he needed to write about.

»» нυғғlepυғғ alυмnυѕ »» ғreelance тravel pнoтograpнer »» ѕιngle

»» ooc »» every word out this man's mouth in this post is
                                        "I TRAVEL. I'VE SEEN THE WORLD. OOOOH LOOK AT ME MR WORLD TRAVELER OVER HERE."

мy ғeeт caυgнт тнe walĸιng need wнen ι waѕ вυт a тwιg
                                        ѕo ι тaĸe only wнaт ι need and ι need noтнιng вιg
                                        eхcepт ғor тнe ĸeyѕ тo everyтнιng тнe anѕwerѕ тo oυr lιveѕ
                                        pυт тнaт ιn мy вacĸpacĸ вeѕιde мy вowιe ĸnιғe

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:38 pm
User Image
                                              ╔══════════════════════════════╗
                                              Hailey Scheer
                                              Twenty Two Years Old - Slytherin Alumna - Muggleborn
                                              Junior Assistant to the Minister of Magic

╚══════════════════════════════╝

Hailey sat at a booth, setting out various blueprints and business plans in front of her as she awaited Wren’s arrival. She made sure to arrive extra early as she did not want him to waste his time waiting on her, and this allowed her time to prepare before he arrived to ensure that her pitch went smoothly. Today was what all those presentations as a student prepared her for, yet she still felt nervous butterflies flutter in her stomach. Thankfully, she was able to mask her nerves with fake confidence. Well, not fake confidence. In fact, Hailey felt quite confident about her plans to open up a fitness centre in the Wizarding World. She did her research and was sure that she could turn a profit within a few years – she just needed the money to start. That was where Wren came in, literally.

Hailey stood from her seat to greet him politely. “Hi, Wren. Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to meet with me,” she started, flashing him a small yet sincere smile. “Before we start, what would you like to drink?” she asked, pulling the wallet out of her purse. Hailey rarely offered to pay for food or drinks for her friends, but this was business and she needed Wren to invest in it.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

You were r e d and you liked me 'cause I was b l u e
                                              But you t o u c h e d me and suddenly I was a l i l a c sky

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:15 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

23 years || Slytherin alum || pureblood legilimens
Apprentice WandmakerxxxxxxHead of Family
xxxxxxxxOllivander'sxxxxxxxxxxxWinchester Foundation

Wren strolled in five minutes late with Dunce hot on his heels. Despite her age, Dunce still seemed to be the same cat she had been during Wren’s Hogwarts years. Boy and cat beelined for the table Hailey was sitting at– heh. As expected, she had various blueprints and business plans, and had an air of confidence around her.

Still, Hailey was a friend. Not a Potato Gang person but a friend nonetheless. Wren wouldn’t have taken this outside of his Foundation office if she weren’t. He actually respected Hailey too, and made some effort to stay in contact– although between their busy schedules, when was the last time he’d seen her? His and Nim’s wedding? A few months back then.

“Long time no see, Hailey. Looking sharp.”

Oh yeah. Hailey was definitely being super formal. Offering to pay? Wren smirked. “Right. Get me a medium Irishman, Caesar salad, turkey club without the bread for the cat, and a whole raspberry swirl cheesecake to go.” Wren said, glancing over the menu. Dunce hopped up on his lap, expecting a note or something– Wren sometimes sent his cat with a note and some coins to get coffee or snacks– Wren just pet her, watching Hailey’s reaction. ”Need me to write that down for you?”

By the time she was back though, Wren had a few galleons on the table--more than enough to cover his order-- sitting where a few of her plan proposals had been. He skimmed them briefly. Ah yes, the yoga studio. Although now it seemed to have expanded to a fitness centre, and was much more fleshed out than their Hogwarts days. He grinned at Hailey. “Oh come on Hailey, since when did you offer to pay? If you’re trying to butter me up tell me some juicy gossip or something. What’s with you? Still dating that guy, Dashwood?”

setting I Like the Lattes a Latte, May 2058 || withHailey Scheer, still as diligent as ever.
appearance 5'8", quite fit || wearing turtleneck shirt + suit jacket + black jeans
status Well MagiScouts is doing pretty well so I guess maybe I'm not that bad at throwing money at my friends.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

✧✦
"The Hollow Men" by T.S. Elliot.

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]