Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
× ✖ × I Like You A Latte :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:06 pm

User Image
                                              User Image

User Image
                                            • Visiting Diagon Alley would never not be nostalgic for Tahani.They didn't come south often—it was easy to avoid seeing their parents if they weren't in the area after all—so every visit was a treat. Their first stop was Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes; they could order items via owl but they preferred to see the merchandise in person and to actually get to see new items in action before purchasing anything. They were upgrading one of their older routines and some magical explosives at auspicious moments would be sure to awe the audience. The trip had nothing to do with Tahani wanting to get back at their roommate for eating the biryani leftovers last week with prank sweets, not at all.

Of course, Tahani spent too long at the shop, ooh'ing and aah'ing at the newest releases and talking to the store owner about them so by the time they left with full bag, it was already past noon. They were going to stop by the apothecary next, but just the thought of that seemed to anger their stomach as it growled loudly in protest. Tahani looked down and poked at it (earning them another growl) before sighing. They could use a cup of coffee right now.

They went into the first place they encountered, which happened to be a rather cozy cafe that smelled absolutely divine and that Tahani knew had excellent cheesecakes. The line wasn't long and soon, they had their drink (a small cappuccino) and a slice of raspberry swirl cheesecake. They power walked to one of the few empty tables left near the window, dropping their bag on the table triumphantly and sitting down to enjoy their meal.

• WHEN Spring 2054 tab tab tab WHERE I Like You a Latte tab tab tab WITH no one

OOC xxx

MJ Spooks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:44 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                      мe and тнe мoon ѕтayed υp all nιgнт
                                                      ι вroυgнт тнe wнιѕĸey, нe вroυgнт тнe lιgнт!
                                                      a' qυarтer тo тнree, we're ғeelιng ғιne
                                                      wнen тнe ѕυn coмeѕ υp
                                                      ι'м gonna мιѕѕ мy ғrιend мoonѕнιne

spaceCel didn't even pause to ask permission when he walked into the coffeeshop, just walked right up to the announcements and advertisements board to put up the information for the Hobgoblin's next show, which was set to start performances during mid-summer. He shot Gwen a cheeky smirk when she rolled her eyes and gave him a half-hearted "you're supposed to ask the owner," knowing that she didn't mean it. They'd been advertising, both performances and job opportunities, at the shop practically since it'd opened. As he walked up to the counter, he replied, "Ah c'mon mate, admit i', yer glad tis me comin' by dis time, 'steada me sister." It wasn't that Gwen and Maura didn't get along; it was more that Maura tended to come with Whitney, and then turn the visit into a date, and then snog Whitney in full view of the entire Alley through the front window.

spaceClearly thinking the same thing, Gwen grimaced. "Damn bloody right, I am," she said, handing over what he predicted was an iced Irishman latte, an inside joke between the two of them. No matter what he ordered, that's what she gave him.

spaceSure enough, when he took a sip, he got that distinct combo of coffee, amaretto, and Irish cream.
                                                      "Yer lucky I don' sue ye fer no' takin' me actual order," he joked. "S'dicrimination, this is."

space"And yet, you drink it," she deadpanned, because they both knew full well he'd never actually complained. He'd ordered it once, she'd said "well that's a little on the nose," and it was basically all he'd ever gotten from her since. If he wanted a different drink, he had to wait for a different barista. Which wasn't impossible, since she usually was in the back working the food prep. "Also, you'd need your daddy's money to sue me, 'cause God knows you don't have enough of your own. And we all know you're not taking his money for shite," she snorted.

spaceCel saluted her with the hand holding his coffee.
                                                      "Yer damn bloody righ' I ain'," he said cheerfully, then waved goodbye. He turned to leave, figuring she'd either put the drink on his tab, or not bother charging him for it. It was a fifty-fifty shot either way.

spaceBefore he made it out the door, however, he spotted Tahani sitting near a window. With a smirk, he made his way over to them, gesturing at the empty chair across from their seat.
                                                      "Mind if I join ye?" he asked, not really waiting for a reply as he settled into the seat.

space"If you start making out with somebody in my window I'm banning your whole bloodline, Cel!" came a shout from the counter, but he ignored Gwen, waving her off, eyes on Tahani.

space"Don't see ye 'round t'ese parts much," he said. In fact, he couldn't actually remember the last time he'd seen Tahani period. Or, well. No, that wasn't quite accurate. He remembered it vividly, he just didn't quite remember how long ago it'd been. Working at the theater tended to make time run together. His whole life was pieced out by shows. Frankly, he'd have to look at the list of shows they'd done so he could place their last encounter with what performance they'd been doing or prepping for at the time. It was the only way he could keep track of time anymore.

space"How've ye been, luv?"

well now тнe poѕѕυм ѕcreaмed aѕ loυd aѕ a poѕѕυм coυld
                                                      ι ѕaιd "ι υnderѕтood," wнen ιт'ѕ all ιnѕιde yoυ goт тo leт ιт oυт
                                                      yoυ goттa ѕcreaм ѕнoυт! ѕcreaм ѕнoυт! ѕcreaм ѕнoυт! ѕcreaм ѕнoυт!
                                                      тo тнιѕ day тнey тalĸ aвoυт тнeιr nιgнт
                                                      wнen тнe мoon, тнe raccoon тнe poѕѕυм and тнe нoυnd
                                                      danced aroυnd, danced acroυnd danced aroυnd, danced aroυnd

wнere - Coffee Shop
                                                      wнen - Spring 2054
                                                      wιтн - Tahani
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      blah blah blah

oyehh

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:39 pm

User Image
                                              User Image

User Image
                                            • The cafe wasn't a quiet place so Tahani didn't pay attention when there was a commotion happening, too focused on their cheesecake. They had to get another slice to eat in front of Danica, before one of her auditions. The thought of the the sour glare that they'd get from their roommate had Tahani cackling. Yeah, they were definitely getting a slice, especially since raspberry was Danica's favourite flavour.

A rather familiar voice pulled them out of their thoughts of revenge and they looked up to see the equally familiar face that the voice belonged to. "Well well well, if it isn't the illustrious Ceallachan O'Madaidhin," they said with a smile, resting their head on their hand. "Aren't you a sight for sore eyes?" And it was true. They hadn't seen him in a while but Cel was as just as good-looking now as he used to be at Hogwarts, if not more so. He probably wouldn't know bad genes if it bit him in his nice a**.

The barista yelled at him to not snog anyone at the window and Tahani snorted. "I see your reputation has preceded you," they grinned, before shrugging at his remark. "I don't come around these parts, not often anyway. There's too much fun to have up north to suffer lectures if my parents catch wind of me being here," they admitted, before giving him a sly look. "I would've visit more often if I knew I'd see you around so let's keep this between us, shall we?" they winked.

"I'm doing good," Tahani replied honestly, "I've got some shows booked next month, introducing muggles to the wonderful world of magic!" They pulled a flower out from seemingly nowhere with a flourish to show what they meant, before making it vanish just a quickly. Having a flower like was handy (hah!) for when they wanted to impress kids they might encounter or when they wanted to demonstrate to an audience, like now. "I enjoy it, and the applause is a bonus."

"How about you," Tahani turned the question back onto Cel. "I heard you and your sister started a theatre together, how is that going?"

• WHEN Spring 2054 tab tab tab WHERE I Like You a Latte tab tab tab WITH Cel

OOC Gwen had me laughing xDDDD

MJ Spooks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:12 pm
User ImageUser Image

мe and тнe мoon ѕтayed υp all nιgнт
                                                      ι вroυgнт тнe wнιѕĸey, нe вroυgнт тнe lιgнт!
                                                      a' qυarтer тo тнree, we're ғeelιng ғιne
                                                      wнen тнe ѕυn coмeѕ υp
                                                      ι'м gonna мιѕѕ мy ғrιend мoonѕнιne

spaceCel relaxed slightly when his presence was met with welcome, rather than annoyance, or a demand that he leave. Not that he would've expected as much from Tahani, they were usually happy to see him, but you never knew when someone was having a bad day and wanted to be left alone. He was glad his read of their apparent mood had been accurate.

spaceWhen they commented on Gwen's outburst, he smirked.
                                                      "She's had ta chase bot' me sister an' me fat'er ou' wit' a stick," he said with a wink. "No' even me own wrong-doin' Ah'm bein' punished fer here." Then, he leaned back in his chair slightly, towards the counter, and shouted, "An' she's jes' jealous I ain' go' a t'ing fer cougars!"

spaceHe was thoroughly unsurprised when Gwen retaliated, using her wand to shoot a paper cup directly at his head. He just threw her a wink and flipped her the bird, then took a sip of his latte as he turned back towards Tahani. "Bein' stalked by yer folks, t'en?" he asked, eyebrow quirking. He wouldn't put it past them, to be perfectly honest. "Ah'm glad me da still performs an' tours wit' me uncle. Easy enough t' avoid 'im, jes' gotta keep track o' his show schedule." He didn't get to see his Uncle Matt as much as he might like as a result, but well. That was alright. They talked often enough via phonecalls and the like.

spaceCel listened intently as Tahani detailed what they'd been up to, snickering at the stage magic they performed. It was endearing, really. There was something positively adorable about a person with real magic, who wanted to perform stage magic for muggles. And it was obvious Tahani really enjoyed what they were doing.
                                                      "Ah'm happy fer ye," Cel said sincerely.

spaceWhen Tahani brought up the theater, he nodded, a little confused.
                                                      "Ye jes' now gettin' t'e gossip 'bout t'at?" he asked. "We opened in... 2049? Sounds righ'. We're still only doin' two performances a year, bu' i's goin' well. Ev'rybody's gettin' paid a decen' wage, go' a handful o' proper crew an' actors. Could always use more, so we have t' hire contractors an' th' like fer each show, bu' t'at's t' business." He shrugged, grinning despite himself. "Hey, maybe sometime we could ge' ye t' come an' do a preshow before a perfomance," he added, already planning on running the idea by Maura if Tahani was interested.

well now тнe poѕѕυм ѕcreaмed aѕ loυd aѕ a poѕѕυм coυld
                                                      ι ѕaιd "ι υnderѕтood," wнen ιт'ѕ all ιnѕιde yoυ goт тo leт ιт oυт
                                                      yoυ goттa ѕcreaм ѕнoυт! ѕcreaм ѕнoυт! ѕcreaм ѕнoυт! ѕcreaм ѕнoυт!
                                                      тo тнιѕ day тнey тalĸ aвoυт тнeιr nιgнт
                                                      wнen тнe мoon, тнe raccoon тнe poѕѕυм and тнe нoυnd
                                                      danced aroυnd, danced acroυnd danced aroυnd, danced aroυnd

wнere - Coffee Shop
                                                      wнen - Spring 2054
                                                      wιтн - Tahani
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      blah blah blah

oyehh

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:17 am

User Image
                                              User Image

User Image
                                            • Tahani grinned as Cel bemoaned over being unfairly targeted by the barista then outright laughed when she threw a cup at Cel's head for his cougar comment. The lady had good aim and Tahani approved. Now they had to visit this cafe more often. "You poor thing," they cooed after catching their breath, "being persecuted unfairly." They took a slow sip of their cappuccino, humming mock-thoughtfully. "Then again, knowing you, she might be taking pre-emptive measures," they gave him a cheeky grin. It wasn't like they could say anything without being hypocritical, Tahani might be more discreet when they went out with people but they weren't shy by any means.

At Cel's question about their parents, Tahani sighed and nodded. Stalking was a good way to put it. "You'd think that with all the nagging and scolding I get for being good-for-nothing disappointment, they'd want to see me as little as I want to see them but I guess they miss telling me that face to face," they rolled their eyes. Tahani was no stranger to fighting with their parents—they'd ranted about it frequently to their friends at Hogwarts, Cel included—but their last fight before Tahani moved out was a spectacular one, even by their standards. They hadn't spoken to each other since since then beyond the weekly terse invites to family dinners that were ignored. Now wasn't the time to dwell on irritating memories though so they shook their head, banishing those thoughts. "That's good," they nodded when Cel mentioned how he avoided his own father; his dad always sounded like a piece of work. "Spending time with twats is bad for your health," they added sagely.

Cel's delight at their little 'magic' display pleased Tahani and they couldn't help but bow theatrically, almost knocking their cup off the table. Only their quick reflexes saved their pants from being ruined forever and they gave Cel a sheepish smile and waving a hand as if to say 'ignore that!'. The smile softened to a more genuine one when he expressed his happiness for them. "Thank you," they said earnestly, a light blush warming their cheeks. Telling magical people about their occupation earned them confused and disdainful responses so having someone reacting positively was really nice. But his reaction wasn't surprising; for all his talent at being a menace, Cel could be sweet like that.

"What can I say, being with muggles most of the time leaves me behind on the rumour mill," Tahani replied laughingly at Cel's confusion, hands raised. It was true; the magical rumour mill had the attention span of a squirrel hopped up three cups of coffee and even though Tahani frequented plenty of magical establishments, by the time they heard anything juicy, they'd be twenty rumours behind. "Besides, why rely on what I've been hearing when I've got a first hand source conveniently in front of me?" they grinned and gestured vaguely at him. They took another sip of their coffee as Cel described work at the theatre. "It sounds like you guys are doing well for yourselves, I'm glad" they said, and Cel's clear enthusiasm and care for the people working under him had them smiling. "I'll have to catch one of your performances, they've got to be great," they added. Maybe they could even bring Monira along during one of her breaks, the girl deserved a treat for putting up with their parents without them.

The offer to have them do a preshow for the theatre caught Tahani by surprise but they didn't have to think about it; nodding eagerly. "Sure! If your sister doesn't mind, I'd be honoured," they grinned. "I'll have to modify some tricks to fit a magical audience but it'll be fun!" Tahani never did shy away from a challenge and impressing a magical audience with muggle tricks definitely was one, but they knew they could do it. It would give them more leeway with the performance part of their routine too, and Tahani already had some spells in mind that would be useful. There was the risk of it not being impressive enough though, and Tahani refused to leave an audience unimpressed. "I've only performed for muggles so far though, so I'll have to do a trial run first. You guys can be my guinea pigs," they winked at Cel.

• WHEN Spring 2054 tab tab tab WHERE I Like You a Latte tab tab tab WITH Cel

OOC xxx

MJ Spooks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:18 pm
User Image
                                                ╔══════════════════════════╗
                                                Lucas Morris
                                                Twenty Years Old - Hufflepuff Alumn - Pureblood
                                                Quality Quidditch Supplies - Service Clerk

╚══════════════════════════╝

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Lucas didn’t know how Lulu continued to be on his mind every single day. They met once in the fall at Roland’s birthday – how dare he had kept her a secret for all of these years – where he had learned that she worked as a barista at I Like You A Latte from none other than the birthday boy. So, he had mustered up the courage to stop by a few times in the hopes that she’d be working, but the universe seemed to always have different plans. The few times he had stopped by must have been her days or shifts off. He couldn’t be sure, but he wasn’t about to ask her coworkers about her and come off as a creepy stalker, so that was what he assumed. Rather than asking Roland, Lucas had come up with a plan to try different days as well as mornings versus afternoons to see if he could catch her on duty. After all, it didn’t seem that his best friend was interested in them talking about Lulu after the many times that Luke had brought her up in conversation. Today, however, the stars must have aligned as he noticed a girl with dreadlocks behind the counter while walking by the window to the cafe, heading for the door. Suddenly, his heart began to thud in his chest.

The wizard opened up the door and stepped inside, trying his best to pretend he hadn’t noticed her. Several months had passed since they last saw each other, so he didn’t even know if she remembered him, let alone thought about him. Lucas walked towards the counter but stopped far enough away to review the menu before approaching her with his order. “Hi, could I please get a – Lulu? Oh, my God. Hi – how are you? I didn’t know you worked here,” he asked. Hopefully she still remembered his name, and didn’t know that he knew she did, in fact, work here.

I won't waste no time t h i n k i n g about you anymore
                                                I won't waste no time t a l k i n g about you anymore 'cause now I got new p r o b l e m s

Yukina101

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:35 pm
I don't ********' know if it's a lie or it's a fact
All your little fake friends will sell your secrets for some cash (Hey, hey)
Smile in my face, then put your cig out on my back
If you ever see me, just get to runnin' like The Flash
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ɓєнαηzιη AℓυмJυℓιєт Oƒ Aℓℓ Ƭяα∂єѕSιмвι Ɗєνσтєє

☁☼☀✰Lulu looked up from the cup she was labeling for another customer to the sights and sounds of a man she hadn't seen in months. Despite her friends' thoughts, he really hadn't bothered her at Roland's party and she vaguely remembers even dancing with him at some point (when he'd finally gotten over his staring). But after he sort of disappeared. Actually now that she's thinking of it he probably didn't actually disappear they just both got busy. Plus he'd never actually gotten her number or floo or anything so it wasn't like she could also keep in contact the silly puppy. "Hey! Wait don't tell me it's...Lu..is? Lewis? Lucas! Sorry, I knew our names were similar but not the ending part, I'm kinda notoriously bad at names." Lulu snickered with a slight shrug then remembered she was actually at work and finally handed over the cup to the other working barista. "So what can I get started for you? Have you been here before cuz if not, I can def recommend some stuff for you." And if she was going to recommend some of her trial drinks Lucas didn't have to be none the wiser.

I knew a boy just like you
He's a snake, just like you
Such a fake, just like you, but I can see the truth
Transparent soul
I can see right through, just so you know

kiska166

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:21 pm
User Image
                                                Lucas Morris

Lucas’ smile stretched larger when the girl of his dreams had actually remembered his name, even if her first guess was incorrect. “It’s all good,” he assured her once she apologized. At least their first run in together since Roland’s party was off to a good start, even if it came several months after Luke would have preferred. “I’ve been here a couple of times, but I’m always down to try something new, especially if it’s good. What would you recommend?” he asked, intrigued by what her answer might be. At worst, she’d recommend something gross, and at best, they had similar taste and he’d also learn what her preferences are. Maybe it would come in handy one day. Plus, he typically stuck to the more basic, less expensive items on the list since the only reason he ever came in was to see if Lulu was working. Now that she was, he’d be willing to experiment with the menu. And whatever it was that she’d recommend for him to try, he’d leave her a really good tip, even if he ended up hating the drink (or food).

I won't waste no time t a l k i n g about you anymore 'cause now I got new p r o b l e m s

Yukina101

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:25 pm

☁☼☀✰Lulu hummed in thought as Lucas (she was gonna remember this time!) as he mentioned he'd actually come by before and wondered how she'd managed to miss him. However that was all thrown to the wayside as he said the magic words allowing her to clap in glee. "You came to the right barista my friend! This is something I've been working on and I think I've got the mods juuuust right! I'll bring it out to you in a mo'!" she grinned ringing him up for a simple latte, way cheaper than the concoction she was about to dish up but hey. She'd take care of rest herself, it was only fair. After taking his payment, Lulu waved him off and after making sure the other customers' drinks had been settled, began on his own. She'd begun experimenting with different chai flavors as she'd recently gotten a taste for them but more preferred the dirty variety.

One of the flavors she'd been having issues with lately were chocolate, specifically white chocolate, since both flavors tried to overpower the other and left a weird overtly sweet aftertaste. But! She'd tried some different ratios just that morning and it hadn't been so bad so she was definitely on the right track and now she had a willing guinea pig a friend to try it out for hedr! After assembling the drink and giving it a lovely swirl of milk foam (ifshedidsaysoherself), Lulu brought the drink over to Lucas with a blinding grin. "It's a white chocolate dirty chai with a cinnamon finish. Well the finish is up to interpretation but there's definitely white chocolate and it is, indeed, dirty." she added with a giggle and wink.

Transparent soul

kiska166

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:40 pm
User Image
                                                Lucas Morris

Lucas didn’t expect Lulu to clap, so he jumped a little when she did. He hoped that it was subtle enough that she wouldn’t have noticed, but her clap of joy was really cute and made him smile as she stated that she had got the mods ‘juuuust’ right. The blond raised an eyebrow when the display showed a medium latte for 15 sickles. Funny, because it seemed like she had a much grander idea in mind than a simple cup of coffee. Slightly confused yet intrigued, Lucas didn’t question it and paid for his drink, adding an extra 20% for the tip. The standard 10% would have been fine if A) he wasn’t interested in dating her and B) if he was sure that the brew she’d come out with actually only cost 15 sickles. Once payment was taken, Luke walked off to the side to move out of the way of other customers, and leaned against the wall with a hand in his pocket, waiting for what was to come next.

A couple of minutes had passed before Lulu returned with a large grin on her face and a drink in her hand – one with an artsy foam swirl. Her giggle and wink nearly excited him, but he kept it together enough not to react. “Dirty? What are ya trying to do, get me drunk? At least take me out on a date first,” he joked, taking the cup of coffee, that sounded very yummy, and swirling it around for a moment before taking his first sip. “Mmm, this is very good. I definitely taste the white chocolate and cinnamon, but not so much the chai. But still, it’s good,” he said, taking another sip. “Is this a ‘Lulu Special’? he asked, winking back at her.

Yukina101

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:56 pm

☁☼☀✰Lulu rolled her eyes but didn't drop the small smirk off her face. "Ha ha, never heard that one before." She crossed her arms to try and stop herself from fiddling with her fingers in nerves as she watched Lucas try her drink. After he didn't immediately spit the coffee out she allowed herself to get cautiously optimistic only for it to be shot through the heart (don'tsingitdon'tsingitdon'tsingit-) as he commented on the lack of actual chai taste. "Ugh! I was so sure I had it this time! Maybe I went to overboard on the cinnamon? Or the way I did the espresso? Gahhh!" she groaned audibly ending in an audible and visible pout. It did make her feel marginally better that Lucas still enjoyed it and wasn't on the floor screaming in agony from distaste so point to her she supposed. She did however snort at his wink and jibe about the coffee being a "Lulu Special" and answered with another eyeroll. "Not really a 'special,' just something I've been fiddling with. We don't serve allot of chai here so I was trying to jazz it up so that maybe we'd get another regular drink. I feel like I rambled a bit, did I ramble? I do that allot without realizing." Lulu gave up on trying to keep her hands out the conversation as they'd been whipping back and forth as she talked and were now clasped in front of her so they could behave.

Transparent soul

kiska166

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:37 pm
User Image
                                                Lucas Morris

Lucas’ grin didn’t lessen when Lulu sarcastically claimed she hadn’t heard that joke before, even while he sipped from the coffee cup. After stating that he couldn’t taste the chai, the barista (also known as the most beautiful woman in the world) erupted in frustration. “I’m sure you’ll get it perfectly next time,” the blond assured her. “Maybe if there’s less cinnamon, the chai’ll taste stronger. But for real, this tastes really good.” He hoped that she didn’t feel discouraged to try it again. “I’ll even volunteer to taste it out for you,” he offered, hoping that maybe he could be a regular of hers that comes in to try new concoctions at the very least. And at most, they would have scheduled a date by the time he left. Luke would have to make sure he asked her out today – he couldn’t waste any more time, wondering and daydreaming about what it would be like to go out with Lulu and if she’d say yes.

Lucas listened to the barista explain why she had been fiddling around with this type of drink, and chuckled when she asked if she had rambled. “You didn’t ramble until the end there, when you rambled about rambling.” He chuckled a bit harder, letting out the very last bit of laughter that was stuck in his throat. “Well, it’d be pretty cool if you perfect your drink and then get to name it. What would you even call it?” he asked curiously. It wasn’t so much that Lucas was curious about the answer, but moreso curious about seeing what kind of creative label she’d come up with. If it were up to him, he’d just call it the Lulu.

Yukina101

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? I Like You a Latte
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Chanda (and whomever's on duty)
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Coffee date thing...
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Why can I not talk to normal people?

Will was still a little shocked that Chanda had agreed to go for coffee. As they left the building, Chanda noted they liked cheesy... and coffee. Wonderful. "Then you'll definitely like this place. The baristas are really good. Somehow, it always tastes perfect." He grinned, gesturing for Chanda to follow along. He glanced around, subtly slipping into a little alleyway. Once he was sure no one was watching, he offered a hand to Chanda. "We'll apparate, if that's okay. It's... it's in Diagon. But um, I didn't know if you took the apparation class.... so... uh..." He felt his cheeks warming, the pink hue contrasting his vivid blue eyes nicely. After an awkward chuckle, Will apparated to Diagon, just in front of his favorite coffee shop.

"Here we are, um... It's 'I Like You a Latte'. I uh... wasn't kidding about the cheesy name. But it's really good." He nervously rubbed the back of his neck, before remembering their objective and leading the way inside. Yet again, he held open the door for Chanda, less about being overly chivalrous, and more about thinking of the offense his dad would take if he didn't. Once the duo was inside, Will awkwardly gestured toward the menu board. "Get whatever you want. It's on me?" His voice squeaked a bit at the end, though he wasn't entirely sure why. He offered a half-smile, cheeks still warm with color.

{{Wearing: Casualwear}}
yukina101

Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴇʀᴀs. Iᴄᴇ ʜᴀs ᴍᴇʟᴛᴇᴅ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʟɪꜰᴇ
Dᴏɴᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ᴍʏ sᴇɴᴛᴇɴᴄᴇ, ᴅʀᴇss ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴇ ᴅɪᴇ
Sʏᴄᴏᴘʜᴀɴᴛs ᴏɴ ᴠᴇʟᴠᴇᴛ sᴏꜰᴀs, ʟᴀᴠɪsʜ ᴍᴀɴsɪᴏɴs, ᴠɪɴᴛᴀɢᴇ ᴡɪɴᴇ
I ᴀᴍ sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʀᴏʏᴀʟ, sɴᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴄᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs
Iꜰ ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟs ɢᴏᴏᴅ, ᴛᴀsᴛᴇs ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪᴛ ᴍᴜsᴛ ʙᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ
Hᴇʀᴏᴇs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀᴇᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅɪᴇ
Aɴᴅ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I'ᴍ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴡɴ
I'ᴍ ᴀʟʟ ᴅʀᴇssᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴀᴋᴇᴅ I sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ᴍɪɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:46 am
Nothing is holding you back now
No one can push you around
What do you wanna do your the master of you and
Isn't the thought enough to lift you off of the ground
Nothing is holding me back now

User Image
User Image

Gʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍ ☀ Cʟᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Dᴇsɪɢɴᴇʀ ☀ Mᴇᴛᴀᴍᴏʀᴘʜᴀɢᴜs

❃❂❁Chanda was still beaming at being invited for coffee, really good coffee they were being promised, and were only a little hesitant to follow Will into the alleyway. It wasn't like they didn't know him, and he was an auror! (they distinctly ignored the voice that sounded like their Mum Hera that loudly declared no one was above ill intentions especially the supposed authority). They could definitely feel their ears (not even the tips anymore the whole dang ear!) pinking up as they were offered a hand and an explanation that the other wasn't sure if they had taken an apparation course. "I did, I just sorta suck at it so um. Forewarning I guess?" they chuckled nervously while placing their hand in his. They were pretty sure it was due to the fact it felt like being sucked into the void of space but they kept their lunacy to themselves this time.

They closed their eyes tight and unconsciously tightened the grip on Will's hand as well as they were transported to Diagon and immediately released a gusty sigh of relief when they felt solid ground beneath their feet. They then opened their eyes to see the coffee shop in question, snickering a bit at the name before familiarity set it. "I know this place! I've always been too busy to step in whenever I'm in the alley but I've wanted to go inside. I heard the menu is all puns, how funny is that?!" Yes, Chanda has a terrible sense of humor. Is it the bane of their friend's and family's existence? Yes. Did they care a lick? Not at all.

They gave Will a quick look as he held the door open but quickly brushed it off with a quiet "thank you" hurrying in before something embarrassing could happen. Like tittering. The inside of the shop was just as lovely as xe'd thought and there didn't seem to be allot of people this time of day which was a bonus for them to get a nice table to themselves. They again shot their companion a look as he told them they could get whatever causing them to smirk lightly. "Pretty sure you're going to regret that; I've been craving chocolate recently." They went over to the counter where only a lone girl was standing with long pretty locs waving behind her.

"Hi there and welcome to-oh! Hey Will! Almost didn't recognize you without your patent 'low caffeine' scowl. You'll be wanting your usual latte then yeah? What about our cutie friend here?" the barista piped in grinning madly at a now blushing but still smiling Chanda. After perusing the menu-sadly pun free-they figure out what they wanted. "Hi! Could I have a medium chai latte with...toffee and caramel syrup and a little bit of whip on top? Oh! And a slice of the chocolate cheesecake too please." they added not forgetting the dessert. The barista (who's nametag they were finally reading saying 'Lulu') beamed-if possibly-brighter at them. "That's an order I can definitely get behind! So will we be splitting it or all on one bill?"

No one can push me around
What do I wanna be
I'm the master of me
And isn't the thought enough to lift me off of the ground
We could be independent together
Independent together we can fly
User Image
Cinnabun Gryffie

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:06 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? I Like You a Latte
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Chanda and Lulu
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Coffee date thing...
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Why can I not talk to normal people?

Will couldn't help a soft chuckle when Chanda admitted to "sorta sucking" at apparation. "Don't worry, I've got you. I had to become perfect at side-along in training." Sure enough, he gently gripped Chanda's hand, apparating them both to the safety of Diagon Alley. Once there, Chanda happily exclaimed that he knew the coffee shop, though he'd never had a chance to step in. "Well, today's your lucky day... just... don't get your heart set on those puns." He chuckled, leading the way.

Once inside, Will offered to pay and Chanda noted he'd regret that due to some chocolate cravings. Stepping to the counter, they were quickly greeted by Lulu, who commented on him not scowling. At that, Will sent a scowl, along with the little eye twitch he often had when behind annoying customers in the wee hours of the morning. "That better for you, yea? As for drink, yes a latte, but can you do that cinnamon-y one you made up last time? It was delightful." Blue eyes twinkled in a bit of amusement, though he felt his cheeks warm a tinge when Lulu addressed Chanda as "our" cutie friend. Which implied not only that Lulu thought Chanda was cute, but that Lulu thought Will thought Chanda was cute. Which... well.

After Chanda (who also appeared to be blushing) placed his order, Lulu asked if it would be all on one bill or split. "One, please. And cheesecake sounds good. Can I get a slice of the raspberry swirl as well? Then that will be all, thanks." He waited for their total, carefully counting it out, along with an extra galleon on the counter. With a small nod, he stepped back beside Chanda to await their order. "Cheesecake was a great idea. Not my favorite treat, but certainly a delicious snack nonetheless. Plus the ones they make here are extra good, somehow."

{{Wearing: Casualwear}}
yukina101

Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴇʀᴀs. Iᴄᴇ ʜᴀs ᴍᴇʟᴛᴇᴅ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʟɪꜰᴇ
Dᴏɴᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ᴍʏ sᴇɴᴛᴇɴᴄᴇ, ᴅʀᴇss ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴇ ᴅɪᴇ
Sʏᴄᴏᴘʜᴀɴᴛs ᴏɴ ᴠᴇʟᴠᴇᴛ sᴏꜰᴀs, ʟᴀᴠɪsʜ ᴍᴀɴsɪᴏɴs, ᴠɪɴᴛᴀɢᴇ ᴡɪɴᴇ
I ᴀᴍ sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʀᴏʏᴀʟ, sɴᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴄᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs
Iꜰ ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟs ɢᴏᴏᴅ, ᴛᴀsᴛᴇs ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪᴛ ᴍᴜsᴛ ʙᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ
Hᴇʀᴏᴇs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀᴇᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅɪᴇ
Aɴᴅ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I'ᴍ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴡɴ
I'ᴍ ᴀʟʟ ᴅʀᴇssᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴀᴋᴇᴅ I sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ᴍɪɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]