Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
× ✖ × I Like You A Latte :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:32 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxWʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? I Like You A Latte - Diagon Alley
xxxWʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? A Muse, hopefully
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Songwriting and Coffee
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? It's a really nice day

Kylian sipped at his coffee, mind still wandering as he thought over words and phrases, along with the notes to pair with them. He was distracted by his salad and his lyrics when a voice chimed in. He looked up at the - admittedly quite attractive - young woman, who was asking to join him. The best part, she had a very familiar accent. "Oui, madamoiselle. You are free to join me. To what do I owe this pleasure?" He carefully moved his things out of the way, providing room for the woman to sit. "My name is Kylian, by the way. Or Ky, if you'd prefer." He looked at her, from her purple hair to her eyes, which seemed to be twinkling in the shop light. But why had she chosen him to sit with when there were plenty of open seats... Maybe he fascinated her somehow.

kiska166

Gʀᴇᴡ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴀ sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴛᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡ
          Dʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪꜰ I'ᴅ ᴇɴᴅ ᴜᴘ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ, I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴘʀᴀʏ
          Tʀʏɪɴɢ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴜᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ, ꜰᴇʟᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍᴇ
          Wᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ ʜᴇʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ꜰᴇʟᴛ sᴏ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ʜᴇʀᴇ. Sᴏ I ᴘʀᴀʏᴇᴅ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
          I'ʟʟ sᴘʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴍʏ ᴡɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ꜰʟʏ. I'ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs 'ᴛɪʟ I ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ
          Aɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴡɪsʜ, ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ, ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋᴀᴡᴀʏ
          Oᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇs ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ
          I'ʟʟ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʀɪsᴋ, ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ, ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋᴀᴡᴀʏ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:54 pm
User Image

I can't help but feel like I'm one in a m i l l i o n
                                              I'm worth all the c r a p that I'm putting you through

╔══════════════════════════╗
                                              Zoe Quimby

Beauxbatons Alumna - Twenty Seven Years Old - Pureblood
                                              Hair Stylist - Magic Clips Salon

╚══════════════════════════╝

Zoe sat down, but not before her eyes had practically bulged out of her head in astonishment. “Oh, mon dieu. Vous parlez Français?” she asked. This guy was not only hot, but also a French speaker. That was the last thing she had expected. Maybe it was a sign that she was exactly where she was supposed to be. Even if nothing happened, she would at least hopefully have made a friend from France. Although if it was up to Zoe, she would have taken him home right then and there. The witch was so caught up in his familiar French accent that she hadn’t even registered that he had asked her a question.

Zoe smiled when he had introduced himself. Kylian, mon lion, she had thought to herself, almost letting a giggle slip out at her uncalled for romantic thought. It had been a long time since she had dated. “I like Kylian,” she commented on his name, returning to English. “I’m Zoe.” The purple haired woman stuck out her hand to shake his. Her eyes darted down at his hand before shifting to his food. “Mmm, that looks yummy. Are you vegetarian?” she asked, hopeful. Maybe they had more in common than she had originally anticipated when she had chosen to sit with him.

((OOC: Translation: “Oh, my God. You speak French?”
                                              ‘Kylian, my lion.’))

User Image xxxxxxxxxxx User Image xxxxxxxxxxx User Image

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:11 pm
User ImageUser Image

Kylian lifted an eyebrow when the violet haired woman asked - in French - if he spoke French. After a small chuckle, he nodded. "Oui oui. I was raised in France, where my family is from. I would have gone to Beauxbatons along with my family, but alas, I was born in the Isles instead." He hummed softly, casting a gaze out the window once more. After introducing himself, she commented that she liked his name, earning a smile from the brunette. She added in her own name - Zoe - and offered her hand. Kylian shook it politely, then grinned. "Zoe is a very beautiful name, which is good, because it belongs to a very beautiful young woman."

Kylian sipped his coffee, then tilted his head a bit when she commented on his salad choice, followed by asking about his food preferences. "It is very tasty, as is their coffee. As for being a vegetarian, I'm not, though I'm not a huge meat eater either. I'll eat chicken or fish sometimes, but typically it's salad or some other healthy something." He wondered vaguely why she'd asked, either she was a vegetarian and he might be in for a brief rant... or she was an obligate carnivore... and he was probably still in for a rant. Oh well. Such is life. He took another bite, absentmindedly licking his lips of the light dressing over them.

kiska166

Gʀᴇᴡ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴀ sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴛᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡ
          Tʀʏɪɴɢ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴜᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ, ꜰᴇʟᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍᴇ
          Wᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ ʜᴇʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ꜰᴇʟᴛ sᴏ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ʜᴇʀᴇ. Sᴏ I ᴘʀᴀʏᴇᴅ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
          I'ʟʟ sᴘʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴍʏ ᴡɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ꜰʟʏ. I'ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs 'ᴛɪʟ I ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ
          Oᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇs ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:55 pm
User Image

Zoe Quimby

Zoe nodded, listening to Kylian’s background story. “Merde. We almost went to ze same school,” she commented. Assuming that they were close enough in age, they could have potentially had classes together, or hung out together. Although, she still would have ended up ditching him, just like she had ditched her friends and family, and ended up in England. Maybe she’d end up leaving everyone here behind one day as well... although Zoe had stuck around longer than she had intended to. As much as she enjoyed roaming and exploring different countries, she was older now and knew she wanted more stability in her life than she did all those years ago. Besides, it wasn’t like she was trapped here. She was still able to travel, just maybe not for quite as long at a time as she used to.

“Merci,” she said, a blush darkening onto her skin. Zoe could feel her face becoming hotter, but she couldn’t help but smile when Kylian called her beautiful. “You are very charming, you know zat?” she asked before taking a bite out of her wrap. As she ate her vegan wrap, she listened to the Frenchman explain that although he wasn’t a vegetarian, he also wasn’t a huge meat eater. So there was hope after all. Zoe was vegan, but that didn’t mean she was always vegan. People change in the right environment. “Have you ever thought about switching entirely to végétarien? It seems like you’re almost there, anyway,” she commented, taking another bite of her wrap.

((OOC: Translation: Merde = s**t. Merci = Thank you. Végétarien = Vegetarian.))

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:31 pm
User ImageUser Image

Kylian grinned a bit when his company mentioned they almost went to the same school. "Such a shame we did not, since I've 'ad to wait so long for the fates to introduce us." At that, he added a (hopefully) flirtatious grin, mimicking his older sister in her... weirdly sultry ways. If nothing else, it was lyrical as hell. He took another sip of his still warm coffee (bless magic for preventing sad room temperature drinks), wondering what was on the woman's mind. After complimenting her name, Zoe blushed, and for a fleeting second, Kylian felt rather suave. Very seldom was that actually a feeling that lingered, though. When she called him charming, it was his turn to blush, pale pink filling his cheeks with warmth.

When they spoke of vegetarianism, Kylian speared another leaf of lettuce. Zoe asked what it would take to get him to full vegetarianism. He pondered for a moment, taking a bite. "Not much, honestly. I eat meat at dinners with ma famille, but not normally when on my own. Unless there are few options, or I need protein." He looked at her, assuming she was vegetarian or perhaps vegan. "From conversation, I assume you are? Either végétarien ou végétalien?" He was glad he could add random French words into conversation without anyone looking at him like a crazy person. No, most likely something else would make her think he was crazy. Possibly his quest for fame, or possibly just his general personality. Certainly something...

kiska166

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:40 pm
User Image

Zoe Quimby

Zoe laughed at Kylian’s comment about the fates introducing them. “I don’t know what took zem so long, but I’m glad zey finally introduced us,” she responded before taking another bite of her wrap. She caught a glimpse of his grin and smiled back at him without showing her teeth since her mouth was full of food. In fact, she probably looked more like a hamster with stuffed cheeks and less like an equally charming individual. Why did she even care? Zoe wasn’t stupid, she knew she was considered pretty by most people. However, she couldn’t help but feel a little nervous on this lunch date. Was it a date? It wasn’t when it started, but now they’ve eaten the majority of their food and have been flirting in between bites.

When Kylian mentioned that it wouldn’t take much for him to become a vegetarian, Zoe couldn’t help but take that as a win. Now that was wonderful news. “Ze protein part is an easy problem to solve since zere are plenty of vegan foods that have lots,” she stated. Having only a few options for food, however, is a problem that the Frenchwoman had run into at many restaurants and was a little more difficult to solve. “Végétalienne,” she responded in French. It was nice not having to think too hard about what words to use, even if her English was pretty good. After finishing their food, Zoe really didn’t want this maybe-date to end, but she knew they overstayed their visit to the restaurant. So, she took a chance. “Are you busy now or did you want to go for a walk?” If she didn’t live at her aunt’s place where someone was constantly home, she would have definitely invited Kylian over.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:37 am

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

fifth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club marine artist|| Cooking Club potato representative
Herbology Club flower fan || Quidditch keeper

Today was fantastic. It wasn’t uncommon for Wes and Skip to write or even visit over the summer break, but something about this summer’s visit had been downright liberating: Wes had broken out in a quiet smile once she saw the sea, and didn’t feel nearly as useless as she had the first time visiting. She was sure Skip’s compliments were just being nice, but it was nice to be by the water, and at one point she’d found herself laughing along to something his parents had said.

They had floo-ed back to Diagon Alley for the late afternoon to catch up. Her usual would have been a Hot Chocolate with cookies and cream, but the Spring Peach Oolong Tea sounded refreshing and nice too. ”A hot spring peach oolong tea, please? Um..small is fine. And whatever my friend would like, thank you very much,” she ordered from a bubbly cashier.

Once paid, they found a spot by the window--the lighting was ever so nice for it. She ran her fingers through her hair--still wet from a last-minute splash right before they'd left--but already mostly dry thanks to having short hair. ”I think I’d like to be a turtle,” Weslyn replied, continuing a conversation about what animagus forms they'd like from earlier. Because they were adorable of course, but also because some part of her really liked the idea of being able to carry her home with her and just...kinda shrink into it whenever the world got too much. ”What about you?

“Okay, but seriously, if you were a magizoologist, what would you want to study?”
She hoped Skip didn’t think that was a boring question, or these kinds of hypotheticals were silly. She kinda liked this kind of silly conversation.

setting I Like You a Latte, Early July 2052 || with Skipper
appearance 5'0", petite || wearing workable dress and swimsuit underneath
status This was just...a nice day

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

You can be amazing
You can turn a phrase into a weapon or a drug
You can be the outcast
Or be the backlash of somebody's lack of love
Or you can start speaking up
✿❀
~"Brave" by Sara Bareilles, cover by BYU Vocal Point

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            Nightshades on a warning
                                            Give me strength at least give me a light
                                            Give me anything even sympathy
                                            There's a chance you could be right
                                            If I listen close I can hear them singers, oh

Skip had been ecstatic but surprised he got to be prefect. He didn't think he stood out much but apparently to the teachers he did. He got to celebrate and invited his best friend Wes. He would have invited Eden, his other friend but his parents limited it to one. The boat they were taking was only big enough to comfortably handle 4. He had not as much time with Wes last year as he would have hoped. At Least not without Eden surgically attached. After getting dry enough to be presentable. They floo'd to diagon alley for a treat on solid land. That brunch place seemed nice but he had only so much with him for him and Wes. Perhaps next time, whatever someone had while sitting outside smelled good at the very least.

Entering he decided to order a latte, it was in the name so it was probably something they specialized best in. "I'll take a Marble Truffle?" After ordering and a small wait they carefully got their drinks to a little table by the window. On the way here and while waiting they had been discussing if they were to be animaguses (animagi?) What they would want to be or what they thought fate would decide. "Not sure. I'd probably want to be an amphibian or a water reptil so I can swim and do land stuff." Skip said thoughtfully waiting for the drink to cool. "Oh! I know a crocodile! They swim but are super tough on land and water. And usually just do their own thing till you mess with them." Yea! That be cool!

Back to less willy nilly talk and more talk of possible futures. "Well I've greatly been considering magizoology as a career. We seem to have a friend in the lake at school. Perhaps I could study merfolk? They probably have so much cool culture we simply don't get to see!" xSkip said excitedly. He tended to nerd out when it was a favorite subject.

Voices in your body coming through on the radio
                                                                                The union of the snake is on the climb
                                                                                Moving up it's gonna race it's gonna break
                                                                                Through the borderline

[quote="addaellis]

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:14 pm

”Oooh amphibians are a smart idea. ” Weslyn smiled at the idea of Crocodile-Skipper laying in wait. It reminded her oddly of a few times when he would just sneak up on her in the water and pop out, goggles first and surprise her. And Skip would pick a lizard, wouldn’t he? ”Crocodiles do have a remarkable bite strength!” she thought about it some more. With anyone else, Wes probably would have just moved on, but Crocodile-Skipper just seemed...a little off. ”You don’t seem like the kind to lie in wait for an unsuspecting prey though.” Something that was always moving, that did their own thing until messed with, gentle when undisturbed, but vicious when messed with, almost like--”Oh! Do you like sharks? Not like the great big ones, but more like… a reef shark or thresher shark? They’re like the cats of the sea, these apex predators who just do their own thing unless bothered...or hungry I guess.” She shook her head with a rueful smile--of course Skip knew this kind of stuff! He probably knew more than she did--she only saw them in aquariums or books. ”Either way though, I’m glad you’re staying near the watering hole.”

Wes was really excited when Skip replied that he’d actually been seriously considering magizoology as a career. And not only that, but merfolk studies! She nodded eagerly. They were friends with a spacey green-haired merman in the Black Lake, and occasionally saw others, but communicating, at least for Wes, was always a bit of a problem: she was ashamed to admit that with her other clubs she hadn’t dedicated nearly enough time to studying mermish, or even the bit of BSL that Asra seemed to know.”How’s your mermish coming along? You could interview Asra at school?” She wondered if Skip had already done that. He seemed much closer to the merman than she was. Thinking about culture though gave her more ideas: ”Do you think he’d let you examine his spear or knife? Or record and analyze a song? Ooh, maybe Professor Yates even knows someone who studies merfolk and we can read what they’ve learned?”

As the conversation continued, Wes sighed a little--relief, maybe, or nostalgia. ”Is it just me, or does it feel like forever since we could just talk?” She frowned, that didn’t quite seem quite right. They hung out most Tuesday and Thursdays after class after all, the three of them at the lake, swimming if the weather was warm enough, or just studying--there was so much studying in their lives. ”Sorry, that might be a little silly. I just hope we don’t lose these moments...” She took a deep breath and spoke quietly, but clearly: ”I wanted to tell you because... we’re all friends and I don’t want to lose the time we all spend together or worse, make it awkward between you and him, but...I’m breaking up with Eden tomorrow."

She folded her hands to keep herself from wringing them nervously. She knew she had Skip’s support from previous conversations, but setting a date on it was a different thing. ”I...I thought the park by his grandparent’s place in Cardiff made sense? It’s public, but offers a sense of privacy, and...it’s near his home so at least he’s somewhere familiar afterwards. I...miss my other friends. And we just… I don’t feel like he and I are...compatible. Oh.... H-hi Eden. What are you doing here?”

status This was just...a nice day

You can be amazing
You can be the outcast
✿❀

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:08 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

fifth year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Namaste Club apprentice || Quidditch beater

Usually the Harpers would have done their shopping early in the summer to allow maximum studying time, but this summer had been a little hectic with a visit to both sides of grandparents. Eden personally thought the summer had been fantastic thus far--he spent a solid 4-6 hours each day reviewing notes for the OWL exams coming up next year, but the rest of the time he spent hanging out with Mattie--Eden felt kind of guilty and terrible that he was secretly helping her write lyrics, but Mattie was so happy with her music and he’d rather help her with music than have her shut him out-- so long as she kept him informed, he’d at least be able to keep an eye on her, right? There were other things, like sparring in the backyards--Mattie was a much better fighter than he was-- or playing chess with their grandparents--he had to find someone at school to practice wizard’s chess with him…. But then of course Sir had brought up how Eden’s grades were predominantly only Exceeds expectations and not quite outstanding and how these grades were not acceptable for his OWLs-- “Exceeds Expectations” obviously did not actually exceed expectations.

Anyways, all that brought Eden and Matilda to Diagon Alley to get their shopping done for the next year. As with last year, Eden had written up a whole timetable and budget, from breakfast at the new brunch place to robes to books to potions ingredients. He had rushed a little, wanting to get everything done today-- because tomorrow he had a date! It was just a thing in the park near his house, but it was the first time since...wow, since last year that Wes had been the one to ask him anywhere! En route to the apothecary though, Eden’s happened to glance through a window to find his best friend and girlfriend chatting casually. Had he missed a meet up notification? With a quick explanation to Mattie, Eden excused himself.

He made his way back to the window of the latte shop. Eden and Wes had gone on a single date--the aquarium in Belfast, a long-awaited plan of his--early in the summer a few weeks ago. It had taken a lot of comforting and persuading for Weslyn to open up, and when he finally did, he recognized that she wasn’t just uncomfortable with her past, but she feared it. And the only way to get over a fear, Eden was told, was to face it straight on. So: he’d found her birthfather through a search for “Professor Zheng” of the professors at Trinity, found the name of the younger brother--surprisingly easy since Angier Zheng seemed to do a lot of music competitions--and a home phone number. Eden was dying to know if she’d called yet.

Of course, when he opened the door behind her, he caught the worst possible thing he could have imagined they were talking about. It was like someone had reached into his head and took the words he had been dreading to hear the last few months and played them like a film:

He couldn’t even acknowledge Weslyn’s greeting properly. ”You...was this what you wanted to talk about tomorrow? You were going to break up with me? After everything?”

His face fell, hurt building quickly into narrowed eyes: ”Why? I know we don’t have interests that match up perfectly, but that doesn’t mean we’re not compatible.” he reasoned. ”I’ve always made time for your friends. I thought we talked about this and you forgave me for that. I said I was sorry! I thought you loved me more than that!”

”E-Eden I’m...sorry.. You weren’t supposed to find out like this,” Wes started. This was not how it was supposed to go. This was going to be all wrong. He wasn’t supposed to be angry, she had planned out a whole way to say this and let him know carefully, and this was not it

”Wes, please. We can talk about this, right? I know you. I know you the best. I love you. Don’t you..love me?”

setting A coffee shop at Diagon Alley, early July 2052 || with Weslyn and Skipper
appearance 5’6”, fit || wearing light shirt and dark jeans
status Disbelief and hurt

mc2

Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
Once you find your center
You are sure to win
You're a spineless, pale, pathetic lot
And you haven't got a clue
♖♜
~"I'll Make a Man Out of You" by Danny Osmond from Mulan. Cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:09 pm
                                            Nightshades on a warning

Skip chuckled at the idea of being a shark “I do sneak up when swimming and at school, I do sleep underwater” Skip couldn’t help but reminisce about how they met formally at the lake. The conversation shifted to magizoology "It passable I think. But I’m sure toddler merfolk has double the vocabulary, I do recall a book in the library I might have to read it again” the chat was fun but Wes seemed melancholy. Before he could ask what was bugging her she mentioned it had been ages since they had time together at least meaningful time.

“Hey do what you got to do, that what dating is for, see if you're a match. It not farfetched to not be with a first boyfriend” Skip said. He would be lying if he wasn't a smidge glad the relationship was ending. Eden was a cool enough guy but maybe not what Wes needed in a relationship. Besides he kinda had a crush on was she was just so friendly.

He hadn't noticed Eden appeared at the absolute worst time. He didn't want to interrupt understandable feelings but Skip got irked when he was making all this seem like Wes’s fault! Sure he had been single forever but if his parents had taught him that any relationship friend or dating is a team effort. This sounded like Wes had to do most of the work. And now he was blaming her like she wasn't putting in the effort! “Hey, I get you’re sad but don't gaslight Wes like that!” Skip said sternly. No matter what Eden was feeling didn't give him the right to do that.

Through the borderline

[quote="addaellis]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:38 am

This was really not how it was supposed to go. Weslyn had spent considerable time talking this through with Yukon and Kenny-- a way to bring it up, a way to explain, a way to talk through how she really just didn’t want to date but did enjoy their friendship. Be friends, just...not spend all day together. She thought she had come at a solution that wouldn’t make him mad. Wes had seen Eden mad before--never at her--but she didn’t really want to be around him when he was mad, much less have him mad at her.

But right now, that was the only thing she could think: An endless stream of don't be mad don't be mad please don't be mad. She couldn’t remember anything she’d thought of with her brothers and really just wanted to run out of the cafe, but the person in question was kind of in the way. Eden was asking if she loved him again, and she hated that question because she really didn’t think they were old enough to know what love was and she really, really just--

Before she could think of something, Skip had jumped in, provoking Eden’s ire away for a moment:

Gaslighting?! Eden whirled on Skip with a glare. “Oh great, now I’m the bad guy, huh? Mind your own ******** business, Skip. What have I said that was a lie?” he turned back to Weslyn, backing up a step when she flinched, but continuing to rant. ”Don’t I always make time for you? Don’t I always make time for your other friends? I even agreed to hanging out with that s**t-head Winchester because you still don’t believe me that he’s a sadistic, manipulative bully. I'm just trying to look out for you! And you do spend too much time hiding behind Kenny and Yukon. What part of all that was a lie?”

His drew a frustrated breath and stepped away, gesturing for her to walk with him. Wes stood up instinctively, but then stopped, clinging to the cafe chair with one hand and holding her ground. She shook her head and Eden furrowed his brow in confusion and hurt. "Can't we talk about this, Wes? The two of us? I know you. You have to have some kind of reason for breaking up. You must've just thought yourself into a corner again like you always do." His voice fell, barely above a whisper: "Please, Alice."

setting I Like You a Latte, Early July 2052 || with Skipper, Eden
status he's mad ahhh what now

You can be amazing
You can be the outcast
✿❀

addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:42 am
                                            Nightshades on a warning

Skip understood Eden was upset but that still didnt give him the right to be such a git! "It is my business when it's my friends! Thats kinda what friends do!" Skip at this point was standing. Eden may be a friend too but friends call each other out when they were being stupid. "You're acting like letting Wes be her own person is a favor. When's the last time you let her have any alone time at school?" Skip said trying to be calm but he also wanted to defend Wes. Being upset was not a good reason for Eden to blame Wes for her feelings "Whats wrong with her family being there for her, that kind of what familes do?" Skip was quite unaware or concered that they were attracting attention. Some concern and some morbid curiosity were now on the two boys. Luckily they blocked any good look at Wes so she seemed hidden at least. Skip was confused by Eden calling her Alice. Did Wes change her name from alice at some point? Well no matter why it was very rude to not call what she wanted to be called.

"Look I get you're upset. But mabye you guys arent meant to be dating. How much do you know about her hobbies or what she wants to do? What happen to us just chilling by the lake and having fun? We didn’t tell each other what to think or try guilting each other in to hanging out. Me and Wes did a boating trip with my parents and it the first time I've seen her happy in a while. Doesnt that concern you too? If it doesn't then thats the problem" Skip ranted "It feels like only one of us truly loves for Wes." s**t. He said that last part outloud didn't he. s**t, bad timing. He held vain hope that Eden was mad enough to gloss over that.

Through the borderline

[quote="addaellis]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:08 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

fifth year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Namaste Club apprentice || Quidditch beater

”Well this is between me and her, so stop butting in!” Eden had half a mind screaming at him to shut up and stop arguing with Skipper because this was between him and Wes and he shouldn’t even respond, but he was furious now, dark thoughts spinning faster than the rational ones. He wasn’t sure if his voice was getting more shrill with anger or desperation ”We were getting to know each other’s friends! You’re making me out to be a stalker but we had completely separate clubs and electives and just because we always know where each other is communication, not ‘not letting her be her own person’! And you know how it is, she’d always just agreeing with whatever Yukon tells her and Kenny ought to get time where she’s not hovering over him. I’m trying to help her be more independent and you’re here...here….trying to pretend you know all that! What do you know about us?!”

Eden backed off a step when he realizing he was getting too close to Skip and smoothed his palms on his pants. Eden was furious, and he was screeching a litany of curses at Skip now, but he was not about to hit him, even accidentally. He had more control than that. He did glance up, giving some curious onlooker a glare before turning towards Weslyn, begging to take this somewhere private.

Weslyn stood up as well, but didn’t answer, words stuck somewhere between her heart and mouth, and Skipper had the nerve to speak back. Eden tried to ignore him, until Skip ranted and --”It feels like only one of us truly loves Wes”.

Realization and understanding dawned on Eden in one furious moment of blinding rage--”YOU...YOU LYING, SCHEMING SN--”

”Stop! Stop it!” Weslyn squeaked, her voice not quite cutting though.

”--AKE! I thought you were my only friend, the only person in the whole year who wasn’t against me and of course, OF COURSE you’re plotting--- behind my back, STEALI--”

Wes bunched her fingers into her dress: ”STOP.”

Wes peeked her eyes open. Four years of Quidditch, even as a reserve, meant she had to learn to be heard over the din of the Quidditch Pitch. Weslyn might not have ever actually used the voice at school--she very much preferred her safe spot handing towels and water out--but she’d heard enough to copy one work. Eden had taken another step away from them and was watching her, fury and betrayal boiling beneath his skin, but holding his tongue. Weslyn sighed a little, trying not to think about how if Eden’s near-yelling now hadn’t gotten everyone’s attention, that certainly has. ”Um. Sorry for interrupting. Please...um. Enjoy your drinks,” she tried to say to the nearest customers.

She turned to her friends with a deep breath, voice much quieter. ”Eden. Um. You’re right, this is between us.” Wes sat down again and folded her hands in front of her to keep from wringing them or shaking. This wasn’t quite the way she’d wanted to bring this up, but it was a little too late for that. ”Eden, I...I think it’s better if we’re not dating. Spending every minute together is a big part of it-- It doesn’t really feel like I’m being independent if you’re always paying for things anyways. You’re also...um, I kinda get scared when you get mad. But...that’s all...well,…. ” Wes hesitated for a moment, doubting her resolve again. But she felt like she’d been driven into a corner, and letting Skip and Eden rip each other apart for her sake was even worse than just spitting it out. ”It was the date at the aquarium in Belfast that settled it,” she said quietly. ”I know--you’re right that I’m afraid of my past and I follow Yukon and Kenny around like a shadow. And you said all that about facing my past straight on. But I...I think it’s like...tickling a sleeping dragon. I don’t want to go back to...being Alice. I like my family now, and maybe my idea of a happy life is just safe. Maybe….I’m just a civilian. And if I spend my life just playing support or secretary to someone else, maybe that’s where I’m comfortable and want to be. I know it’s cowardly, but I don’t want to say anything. It’s okay...it’s...my choice.

“So I was just thinking...we’ve both had to work really hard to keep up this idea of a relationship, but really all we do is study and hang out all the time and...I’m tired, and I know you’re stressed. And just...it sounds like both our lives would be healthier without that pressure. We can just be friends. And maybe we’d both be...better?”

Wes looked down, and then nodded, indicating she’d said her piece.

Edem should have seen it coming. If Chadwick-- who was so much better at this art of charming and wooing young ladies thing and who Eden got half his dating advice from--couldn’t keep his girlfriend, what chance did he have? This was Chadwick’s fault. No, this was that rainbow-haired Sparrow’s fault for breaking up with Chadwick and giving Wes ideas. This was Skipper’s fault for driving a wedge between them, for stealing her from him! This was his parents’ fault, for being so strict that he had to find studying excuses to hang out instead of...taking her out to nice places! This was Wes’s birthparents stupid fault for being lousy parents and making her scared of everything!

He wished. It didn’t matter in the end, obviously he was the one that had messed up. Eden shook his head and shifted his shoulders, jerking away. ”I get it. Ahem.” It took sheer willpower and anger--anger at Chadwick, anger at Sparrow, anger at Skipper, anger at his parents, and anger mostly at himself--for him to bite back the tears. Harpers didn’t cry. They had control over their emotions, and they proceeded forward: objectively, tactically, precisely. ”I’m afraid something’s come up tomorrow and I won’t be able to make it. If that’s okay?”

There was deadness between them for a little bit before Weslyn gave him a small, uncertain nod and apologized again: ”I’m...really sorry…for hurting you.”

”Right. Then. Miss Knolle….Hawkins. I’ll...see you at school...in a few months.”

Eden spun crisply on his heels and pushed his way out of the latte shop. He hoped Mattie had found the herbs they needed, because he was definitely not in the right state to sort through herbs right now.

setting A coffee shop at Diagon Alley, early July 2052 || with Weslyn and Skipper
appearance 5’6”, fit || wearing light shirt and dark jeans
status Hurt and betrayal

Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
Once you find your center
You are sure to win
You're a spineless, pale, pathetic lot
And you haven't got a clue
♖♜
~"I'll Make a Man Out of You" by Danny Osmond from Mulan. Cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:10 am

Weslyn melted into her seat a little when she saw the door closed. She really wished she could have done that better. Said it better. Done...whatever the plan had been. Weslyn felt like she may as well have gotten up and thrown her shoe at him, Sparrow Winchester style.

But there was also an overwhelming sense of relief, like some kind of weight had been washed off the last year. She felt bad. But she also felt like she’d done the right thing.

Wes turned to Skip again, not really sure what to say. Even if she hadn’t caught a confession or anything, Eden seemed to have been under the misconception that there was something between her and Skip. She really didn’t want to think about another relationship right now. She just...wanted to go home and hug a potato. ”Um. Sorry you got caught in that. Um…”

status ....what now?

You can be amazing
You can be the outcast
✿❀

Diagon Alley