Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
× ✖ × I Like You A Latte :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:19 pm
xxxx× × ×xxxxIxxxL I K ExxxY O UxxxAxxxL A T T Exxxx× × ×xxxx

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Coffee Shop And Patisserie

User Image

x× × × Hours of Operation × × ×x

Mon - Fri :: 5 am - 7 pm
Sat :: 5 am - 5 pm
Closed 10:30 am -11:30 am daily
Closed Sundays

User Image

x× × × Employees × × ×x

× Gwendolyn Hier ×
Owner :: Barista :: Baker
Quote MJ Spooks for service

× Yenifer Desai (NPC) ×
Owner :: Barista
Spontaneous × Considerate × Energetic
Escapist × Indecisive × Creative

× Louise Ellis-Hall ×
Barista :: Cashier
Quote Yukina101 for service

× Cleo (NPC) ×
Friendly × Bubbly × Kind

× Zane (NPC) ×
Quiet × Clever × Snarky

x× × × Notice to Roleplayers × × ×x

If you want to be helped, you need to:
× Quote at least one shop employee ×
× Customers are welcome to interact with NPCs ×
× However, please stick to the ones listed ×
× They have names and short personality blurbs for consistency ×

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:21 pm
x× × × Menu × × ×x

× Coffee ×
Coffee :: S (8s) M (10s) L (12s)
Available hot or iced
Cappuccino :: S (12s) L (14s)
Latte :: S (13s) M (15s) L (1g)
Chai Latte :: S (10s) M (12s) L (1g)
Available hot, iced, or blended
Cafe au Lait :: S (10s) M (12s) L (14s)
Americano :: S (10s) M (12s) L (14s)
Flat White :: S (10s) M (12s) L (14s)
Espresso :: 2 Shots () 4 Shots (14s)

× Specialty Lattes ×
Available hot, iced, or blended
S (13s) M (16s) L (1g 5s)
Cake :: Chocolate, Caramel, Hazelnut
Sinnabun :: Cinnamon, Vanilla
Forget Me Not :: Blackberry, Vanilla
French Kiss :: Chocolate, Caramel
Irish Lass :: Caramel, Irish Cream
Irishman :: Amaretto, Irish Cream
Marble Truffle :: Chocolate, White Chocolate, Hazelnut
Mona Lisa :: Amaretto, Caramel
Raspberry Truffle :: Chocolate, Raspberry
Snow Queen :: White Chocolate, Vanilla
Cherry Bomb :: Chocolate, Cherry
Na nanana :: Chocolate, Banana

Personal :: Up to 3 syrups at above prices, 2 pumps per syrup
Additional charges apply for additional flavor additions
No refunds available on personalized drinks

× Syrups ×
Chocolate :: White Chocolate :: Caramel :: Hazelnut
Raspberry :: Blueberry :: Banana :: Cherry :: English Toffee
Amaretto :: Vanilla :: Irish Cream :: Almond :: Coconut

× Tea ×
Available hot or iced
S (10s) M (12s) L (14s)
Earl Gray :: English Breakfast :: Assam
Chamomile :: Jasmine Green Tea :: Japanese Cherry Green Tea
Peppermint :: Spring Peach Oolong :: Pomegranate Blueberry

× Hot Chocolate ×
Available in regular or white chocolate
S (10s) M (12s) L (14s)
Regular :: Mexican :: Mint
Cookies and Cream :: Hazelnut

Personal :: Up to 3 syrups at above prices, 2 pumps per syrup
Additional charges apply for additional flavor additions
No refunds available on personalized drinks

× Breakfast ×
Butter Croissant :: 10s
Ham and Cheese Croissant :: 1g
Black forest ham and Gruyere
Breakfast Sandwich :: 1g 3s
Egg, bacon, cheddar
Add :: Spinach, pesto, sriracha, tomato for 2s each

Hand-rolled Scones :: 1g
Sweet :: Blueberry, Mocha, Cranberry Orange
Savory :: Spinach and Feta, Bacon and Cheddar, Mushroom and Herb
Ask about seasonal flavors

× Lunch ×
Turkey Club Sandwich :: 1g 2s
Chicken Salad Sandwich :: 1g 2s
Grilled Cheese :: 1g
Add bacon, spinach, ham, tomato for 2s each
Daily Soup :: S (14s) L (1g)
Chicken noodle, tomato, clam chowder, potato
Hummus Veggie Wrap :: 1g 3s
Caesar Salad :: 1g
Cobb Salad :: 1g
Greek Cous Cous Salad :: 1g 5s

× Dessert ×
Biscuits :: 12s
Shortbread, Ginger Snap, Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter

Cakes :: Per slice (10s) Whole (3g 2s)
Chocolate, Carrot, Victoria Sponge, Chelsea Bun

Cheesecake :: Per slice (10s) Whole (3g 2s)
Plain, Chocolate, Raspberry Swirl

Seasonal Danish :: 1g
Seasonal Pie :: Per slice (10s) Whole (3g 2s)

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:23 pm
x× × × Shop Rules and Announcement Board × × ×x

× Shop Rules ×

Be respectful of both staff and patrons.
Staff have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
Staff have the right to request patrons leave if they are causing problems.
If a patron has a complaint, they may take it up with either of the owners.
Any and all complaints will be ignored or mercilessly mocked in the event that staff or other patrons have been mistreated by entitled jerks.

× Now Hiring ×

I Like You A Latte is currently looking for people to fill the following positions: Assistant manager, baristas, bakery assistant, food prep. To apply, please fill out the Shop Assistant form found on this thread. Please remember to quote Cara MiaKitty or Fuzzy Melonlord. Please specify the position you are applying for in your application.
It is also optional, but encouraged, that you post your character coming into the shop and applying.

× Bulletin Board ×

Interested in advertising on our bulletin board? Contact either Gwendolyn Hier (Cara MiaKitty) or Yenifer Desai (Fuzzymelonlord).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:16 am
User ImageUser Image
xx⇾ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? I Like You A Latte
xxx⇾ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Some fancy tartlettes
xxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Applying for a Job
xxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This is nerve wracking!

It was finally time. Theo'd been bumming around all summer, and now that fall had finally reached, he decided it was long past time for him to begin a job search. With help from his parents and various family members, Theo wrote up a nice little resume. It didn't have much work experience beyond helping at Rose's ice cream shop every summer, but he supposed it was better than having no work experience. His first stop of the day was a new coffee shop that'd popped up in Diagon, if only because they had a bakery.... and also he wanted some coffee.

The dark haired boy walked in with not only his resume, but a small container with his new little cheesecake and mousse bites. Hopefully they'd be appreciated. Of course, if not he'd still leave them behind for the shop workers. After all, baking was a gift to share with the world... he hoped. Tugging gently on the hem of his shirt, Theo looked around the nice little shop. Who was he supposed to talk to about applying? He bit his lip nervously as he wandered over to the counter, thinking perhaps they'd know who best to talk to. Or they'd see he was nervous and just assume. Either way worked.

null

If the squeaky wheel's always gettin' the grease I'm totally devoted to disturbing the peace
And I'll do it all again, when I get done until I become your number one
No method to the madness, and no means of escape gonna break every rule or bend them all outta shape
It ain't a question of "how", just a matter of when you get the message that I'm tryin' to send
I'm under a spell, I'm in over my head and you know I'm going all the way to the end
To stand out, above the crowd! Even if I gotta shout out loud 'til mine is the only face you see.
Gonna stand out 'til ya notice me!
If I could make you stop and take a look at me instead of just, walkin' by
There's nothin that I wouldn't do if it was gettin' you to notice
I'm alive. All I need is half a chance, a second thought, a second glance
To prove, I got whatever it takes. It's a piece of cake

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:36 am
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                      ѕσмєтιмєѕ ιт'ѕ нαя∂ тσ fιи∂ тнє ωσя∂ѕ тσ ѕαу
                                                      ι'ℓℓ gσ αнєα∂ αи∂ ѕαу тнєм αиуωαу
                                                      fσяgєт уσυя вαℓℓѕ αи∂ gяσω α ραιя σf тιтѕ
                                                      ιт'ѕ нαя∂, ιт'ѕ нαя∂, ιт'ѕ нαя∂ συт нєяє fσя α вιт¢н

spaceGwen found herself glancing over at the clock on the wall every couple of minutes, willing it to move faster. It wasn't quite ten yet, and she was desperate for it to hit her lunch break. 10:30 in the morning might seem early for lunch to some, but when you'd been up since 4 am, it was honestly a little late. She just couldn't figure on closing the shop any earlier, considering what they sold. Eventually she might have enough employees to be able to stay open through lunch and take more time-appropriate breaks, but as of right now, they'd been open for all of two weeks and she was running on not even a skeleton staff. More like half a skeleton. At least Cleo and Zane were good workers. Even if working the opening shift with Cleo was like an exercise in torture. No one should be that happy to be up before the sun. No one.

spaceShe was just considering closing for lunch early due to the rush having died down and the shop being empty when someone entered. She cursed softly under her breath, but plastered on a smile and approached the counter. She couldn't afford to be an arsehole, not when they were trying to build a client base. On the plus side, they were the only coffee shop she knew of located in an exclusively wizarding shopping center, at least in the UK. Why no one had opened one before was beyond her. But she was grateful, since it meant she could probably count on good business. So far, things had been pretty good. Go figure, wizards needed caffeine in the morning just as much as muggles. Thank God.

space"Hey, welcome to I Like You A Latte," she greeted, just barely managing to suppress her cringing at the name. Why she'd caved and let Yeni keep the name her (admittedly adorable) niece had suggested was beyond her. She normally wasn't such a sucker for a cute face. "How can I help you?" She noticed that the young man (or was he a kid? It was kind of hard to tell, could go either way with this one... wait, no, the school term had started, he'd be at Hogwarts if he was a kid still, right?) looked nervous. Was he here for a job, maybe? She couldn't figure another reason for him to be nervous just walking through the door. Unless he had anxiety, which, fair enough. Hopefully he wanted a job, though, considering she needed more employees like, yesterday. Or two weeks ago.

∂σи'т уσυ ωαит тσ нανє ѕσмєвσ∂у ωнσ σвנє¢тιfιєѕ уσυ؟
                                                      нανє уσυ тнσυgнт αвσυт уσυя вυтт؟ ωнσ'ѕ gσииα тєαя ιт ιи тωσ؟
                                                      ωє'νє иєνєя нα∂ ιт ѕσ gσσ∂, υн-нυн, ωє'яє συт σf тнє ωσσ∂ѕ
                                                      αи∂ ιf уσυ ¢αи'т ∂єтє¢т тнє ѕαя¢αѕм, уσυ'νє мιѕυи∂єяѕтσσ∂

wнere - At the Bar
                                                      wнen - Fall 2044 - Late Morning
                                                      wιтн - Theo
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      blah blah blah

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:53 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇾ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Some fancy tartlettes

Theo looked up when a nice looking blonde lady greeted him. Even used the shop name, which he had to admit was a little kitschy. Oh well. If the owner liked it, all was well. Following the greeting, he was asked what help she could provide. Crap. That meant it was go-time. He stepped over a bit closer to her, shifting his weight nervously from foot to foot. "Ah, hello. I was wondering if maybe I could talk to a manager... or owner or someone. I was hoping to put in an application, if that would be okay with you." How did normal adult-like people do this on the regular? He was afraid he'd get told to shoo, but hopefully he could manage an interview. He'd even brought his luckiest handkerchief (the one he'd had with him when he asked out Nath!) to make sure he'd have better chances. But then again, this place could be fully staffed... or he might not mesh well. But hopefully nothing like that happened, because it smelled really, really nice in here.

null

If the squeaky wheel's always gettin' the grease I'm totally devoted to disturbing the peace
No method to the madness, and no means of escape gonna break every rule or bend them all outta shape
It ain't a question of "how", just a matter of when you get the message that I'm tryin' to send
I'm under a spell, I'm in over my head and you know I'm going all the way to the end
To stand out, above the crowd! Even if I gotta shout out loud 'til mine is the only face you see.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:06 am
User ImageUser Image

spaceGwen's aggravation at someone coming in and preventing her from an early lunch mostly evaporated when he confirmed he was here to inquire about a job. He was definitely a bit on the young side, which was a little concerning, but she figured she could whip him into shape. Assuming she didn't scare the hell out of him by being a total b***h, which was always a possibility. She was pretty sure Yeni would temper her, though. That was the whole reason she hadn't just handed the reins over entirely in the first place.

spaceShe grinned at the young man (God, how old was he? She'd bet this was his first job, bloody hell) before ducking down to rifle through the paperwork that was hiding in the drawer just below the cash register. It took her a second, but she found the applications. Standing up, she flourished them dramatically, handing one over to him.
                                                      "I'm the owner, or, well, co-owner, Gwendolyn Hier. Call me Gwen," she said. The smile plastered on her face was only mostly fake, and her tone was unnaturally peppy. She couldn't help it, she was desperate. Four people was not enough to run this place. "Oh! You need a pen, yeah?" she asked after a pause, then went rifling through her drawer again. "-know there was a box of 'em somewhere," she muttered, finally finding said box hiding in the depths at the back. She handed one over to him.

spaceShe noticed the container he had in hand, curiosity piqued. Was he here to do food? Were they samples? Her stomach growled at the thought of food. She had been snacking a little here and there all morning, but had yet to consume enough for it to qualify as a meal. She should probably start eating before she opened for the day, but she still wasn't used to waking up so early. Her stomach didn't wake up until about 8:30, which was just in time for them to be too busy to eat.
                                                      "Uh, if you wanna fill that out, it's about time for me to break for lunch, but I can multi-task. Interview you while I eat." Unprofessional? Probably. Did she care? Not even a little bit. And she dared Yeni to waltz her graceful, snobby arse in here and say something about it. If she didn't want Gwen eating and interviewing at the same time, she should be here early enough to do the interviewing.

wнere - At the Bar
                                                      wιтн - Theo
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      blah blah blah

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:44 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇾ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Gwen

Theo grinned when the woman rooted around in a drawer. She handed over an application and introduced herself as one of the owners, Gwen. Nice. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Gwen. I'm Theodotus, or Theo, Ellis-Hall." He tried to find a pen in his pocket just about at the same time Gwen said she had them somewhere. Maybe if he got hired he could organize their drawers. After a few minutes, she handed over a pen. Perfect. After he was handed a pen, he started to fill out the application in his flowy handwriting.

He was in the middle of writing when she said she could interview him while she ate lunch. Oooh good. He'd had breakfast a little early so he was peckish too. "That sounds like a great plan. I brought some food too, but, erm, it's for you. I made it! Because I know my job history isn't the best, but I've been baking and cooking since I was a little one." He grinned over at the blonde, then turned back to his papers. He finished out the application, then handed over both that and his resume. Hopefully it'd earn him brownie points that he came prepared? Also, he realized, this was his first interview. He'd given in a few applications, but no one made time for an interview yet. Oh boy. What was it he'd been told about interviews????

null

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:52 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceWhile Theo was busy filling out the application form, Gwen started rooting around in the kitchen area to figure out what she wanted to eat. She wasn't really feeling the sandwiches today... hm. Salad? No. Greek salad. Yeah, that was better. She took out a serving, and then, after a moment of consideration, grabbed a second. If the kid wanted to make food, she needed him to eat food, too. You couldn't know if something was right if you didn't taste it, after all. Besides, it was rude to eat when someone else was sitting at a table with you and not offer them some.

spaceWhen he finished with the application, she took it and gestured to one of the tables near the window.
                                                      "Well, let's have a seat," she said, carrying the paperwork and the two salads over to the table. She set one down on the far side of the table, then settled into her own chair. "That's for you," she said, pointing at it with her fork before moving to dig into her own. "I figure we can eat, you can familiarize yourself with some of the stuff we make here while I look over the resume and application." Of course, there was pretty much a one hundred percent chance she accidentally got salad dressing on the application, but oh, well. It was just going in her filing cabinet anyway.

spaceShe ate relatively quickly (and sure enough, stained the papers a little in her haste), and popped open the lid on the container he'd brought with his samples.
                                                      "Good job bringing these in," she told him, "all things considered. I definitely would've asked." She took one of the samples, and gave it a once over before popping it into her mouth. All in all, it wasn't bad. Not exactly her taste (she was more a fruit tarts kind of girl to be honest), but good. Rich and creamy. "Not bad," she said. She gestured towards the salad with her fork again, brow arched. "What do you think of the salad?" Whether or not he liked it wasn't that important, but she needed to know what she was working with. If he had an opinion and it wasn't just "I don't really like olives" or something of that nature, they were off to a good start. She was a little unsure of his ability to adapt to a real work environment, since his only experience was with family apparently, but knowing he had a good foundation was step one.

wнere - At the Bar
                                                      wιтн - Theo
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      This is basically the salad recipe

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This is really good salad...

Theo was still a little worried he may have messed up his application or something when Gwen casually told him to have a seat. He nodded, following her over to one of the tables by the window. She had two salads in hand, but Theo tried to hide his belly rumbles until she said one was for him. Oh good. He scooped up a bite and tasted it while the blonde read over his application. He made a small hum of appreciation at the flavors, then grinned over at Gwen. "I can't wait to try everything here. It all sounds really good." After taking a couple bites, Theo set out his little tupperware box. Luckily he'd kept a cooling charm over the cakes. Otherwise he knew they'd get all droopy and melted.

She examined them, then congratulated him on bringing them, as she'd apparently have asked anyway. Smart thinking on his behalf, then. "I was hoping to stand out, but instead it seems I'm just a step ahead. I was also debating on miniature apple pies or perhaps mixed berry tarts. I suppose I can always bring those in too!" He grinned, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. Maybe it wasn't the best time to be incredibly nervous, was it? She then asked about the salad, and Theo nodded a bit. "It's really good. I like the way the dressing accentuates the flavor profiles of the veggies and the couscous. It's, well νοστιμότατος!" He chuckled softly, thinking it ironic she'd picked a Greek salad to have him try. Especially since it wasn't something he'd listed on his application anywhere.

null

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:54 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceGwen assessed Theo, trying to determine if he was being honest, or just trying to get in her good graces. She had come up with the menu pretty much all on her own, with a little input here and there from Yeni. And she'd told him she was the owner, so it stood to reason he'd think he had something to gain by brown-nosing a little. He seemed genuine, though. She chalked it up to a little of column A, little of column B. Which was fine by her. She'd had plenty of bottom tier jobs over the years, she knew how it worked. You didn't necessarily want the job at hand, but you needed one and it was available and you were qualified. So you said whatever you thought they wanted to hear. She wasn't going to fault anyone who came in here and lied through their teeth about eat sleep breathing coffee or thinking that she had the best scones in England or whatever. It just meant they were desperate enough to lie. She could work with that.

spaceJudging by his samples, though, and the fact that he'd thought to bring them, she'd say he at least wanted this specific job a little. Or, a job as a baker, anyway, even if it being in her shop wasn't a necessity. Might be easier for him to get hired into a baking position like this right out of the gate than to get one at a proper bakery. She didn't know. She'd fallen into baking and the like on accident after getting hired to wash dishes. Go figure, she'd been good at it. Lucky her. Even after she'd left that job, she'd kept it up as a hobby, because she'd also liked it. But she'd love it if she could hire someone good enough at it that she didn't have to do much baking or food prep, and could focus on actually managing her shop. Seems like this might be step one.

spaceShe gave him a smile, crossing her arms on the table top and leaning forward conspiratorially.
                                                      "Definitely smart, thinking ahead like that. Although, I would make a suggestion," she hesitated slightly; she didn't exactly want to encourage him to go off looking for another job. Assuming he wasn't lying about the cheesecakes and had actually made them (and he struck her as an honest person, in that 'woefully so' sort of way), she was pretty much going to hire him. She needed the help, and he was obviously available. But, she'd already put it out there, so oh well. "When you apply for a job like this one, bring something sweet and something savory. Showcase your range. If you have any, that is."

spaceShe leaned back then, expression curious, and slightly intimidating. "Are you just, straight sweets, or can you work with savory ingredients as well? It can be taught if not, but it's nice to know what I'm dealing with if I decide to hire you." On her end, it was pretty much a done deal. But he didn't know that, nor did he need to. Not yet. "You must know something about food prep and savory food, or at least how to fake it, based on your comments on the salad. But that's not the same thing as knowing how to make it yourself. Do you have experience with that?" He'd worked at the ice cream shop, so chances were he'd never really made anything but desserts in a work setting. But she'd take a foundation of cooking at home combined with his work experience in food over nothing. It was still good to know ahead of time what she was working with.

wнere - At the Bar
                                                      wιтн - Theo
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      This is basically the salad recipe

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:35 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I think I'm a good cook...

Theo ate in relative quiet, trying to remember all the "etiquette rules" for job interviews. It really didn't help that this was his very first. Maybe he should've asked his parents for advice about this. He nibbled more on his salad, wishing Gwen would continue talking. Unfortunately, it seemed like she was thinking things over, which made Theo even more nervous. After trying to lend himself a compliment, she at least agreed, saying it was smart of him to bring food.... though she had a suggestion? About his cooking, or in general? The boy sat up perfectly straight, waiting on edge to hear her advice. Luckily, it wasn't anything bad. She wished he'd brought something savoury as well to show off his range? Then she put in assumption that it was only if he had range while cooking?! Of course he did! He was an excellent chef all around!

When Gwen leaned back, Theo tried to relax himself a bit as well. She asked if he could only cook sweets or if he could handle savoury stuff as well. "While I prefer working with sweets, I like to think I'm an excellent chef in several regards, including hearty, savoury food. That being said, if it's needed, I could always go home and return with more food?" He munched on another bite of salad, mind already running through the possible foods he could make. Perhaps his little mince pies? Or maybe homemade stew? He could even make it vegan friendly! Gwen continued, saying he clearly knew about food preparation and savouries, but that it wasn't the same as being able to cook the food for real. "I do, yes ma'am. I've been cooking since I was just little with my mom. I've gotten really good with all kinds of foods, especially stuff you might find in a nice little cafe." There, that sounded... professional. Probably, anyway. He nestled his hands in his lap, pondering the outcome of this interview thing. He really hoped he got the job, but if not, at least he could now say he'd at least gotten close.

null

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:45 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceWhen he offered to bring something savory in from home to showcase those talents, Gwen's expression shifted slightly. Her smile was less of a smile, more of a smirk, and she got a somewhat evil little glint her in eye. "I don't think that'll be necessary," she told him, glancing at the clock. Yenifer should be in soon, so maybe... "If you don't have anywhere else to be, actually, I'd like to bring you into the kitchen and see for myself. Once my backup gets here, that is." She had Cleo here, of course, but she wasn't about to trust Cleo to run the shop all on her own. The girl was enthusiastic, and decent at her job. But management material, she was not, and there was no way she could be unsupervised long enough for what Gwen had in mind.

spaceIn the meantime, she could still ask questions.
                                                      "Working at the ice cream shop, was that strictly in the kitchen. or do you have experience up front as well? Have you had to deal with rushes during busy hours?" She was curious how well he would handle the busiest parts of the day, particularly since people in a coffee shop and people in an ice cream shop tended to have very different needs and expectations as far as their service went. Ice cream wasn't considered a necessity that people had to pick up in a rush on the way to work, after all. And people who were in a rush to get it were rarely quite as cranky. "We've only just opened, obviously, so you'll probably have to help out a little bit up front. Not with drinks, since I'd prefer to keep you occupied with food stuff since that's where your strengths already are. But, I might need you to take orders and run register on occasion." At least they didn't do food to order at the moment. He could come in, do his mis en place, bake off the first round of necessities, and if necessary come work the counter until they needed more stuff baked.

wнere - At the Bar
                                                      wιтн - Theo
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      Fuzzy! I figured this would be a good way for us to segue into Yeni and Cici?

Miss GryffindorK

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:27 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇾ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I think I'm a good cook...

Theo tilted his head up a bit, pondering the little glint in Gwen's eyes. It was a little spooky. She did, however, say him bringing in more food wouldn't be necessary. What? But she had just said... He looked a little confused before the woman spoke up again, this time saying she was going to put him in their kitchen so she could verify his ability. Now that.... that made him nervous. "Y-yea. That sounds like a great plan. I can definitely cook um... just about whatever?" He offered up a smile, hoping it seemed more confident than he currently felt. In fact, he was nervous that he'd mess up and... explode their kitchen or something. But he wouldn't. He knew he wouldn't. He'd been cooking for forever and it was his strongest point. He just had to prove it.

While they waited for whatever help she had coming, Gwen moved on to more questions. This time, about his time at his mum's shop. "Well, when I was younger, I'd mostly be in the back or bussing tables, you know? But as I got older I moved to being able to do, well, everything. So I've worked front, back, left, right... you name it, I've handled it." He nodded, grinning with more ease this time. "And rushes, I've handled. I don't know if they were as busy as a cafe would get, but in the summer with a million kids milling around... well, it gets pretty crazy some days." And it was true, the summers could get hectic super fast. Hopefully it wouldn't be as wild here, and if it was, it would be more consistent. She spoke up again, reminding him that they'd just opened, then pointing out that he'd probably have to help up front. He nodded along, easily agreeing to the task at hand. She wanted him mostly to work food side, which he was fine with, since he didn't know much about coffee at all. "Absolutely. That sounds like a great plan. I can handle up front and a kitchen, it's not a problem. Though, if needed, I can be trained to work with the coffee... stuff. S-sorry, I don't really know that much about coffees or anything."

Cara MiaKitty

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:15 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Company
Gwen and a boy!
Mood
Chipper
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

~~

You know I talk too much
Honey, come put your lips on mine
and shut me up
We could blame it all on human nature

Yenifer practically threw the door open to the little coffee shop. She had been having a great day so far. Bebe had been super cuddly and sweet today, she had gotten a good nights rest, and her hair was doing that super cute thing that she always loved. So all in all she was having a great day so far, which definitely explained her upbeat attitude as she entered the shop.

She spotted Gwen with an unfamiliar boy near the front and made her way over to greet her best friend (as if she had not seen her earlier that morning)"Gwennie! Buenos Dias!" She placed her hands on her friend's shoulders and pressed two quick kisses to both of her cheeks, before turning to the male at the table. "Oh, Chica who is this? Am I interrupting a date? El chico parece un poco joven para ti." She muttered the last part more towards her best friend, than the male that she was sharing a table with. Well she wasn't one to fault her best friend, at least she was talking to someone if that was the case. Yenifer was glad to see her best friend possibly putting herself out there. Though...it would be a bit strange for her to have a date while on the clock.

Before Gwen or the male could respond, Yenifer gasped as if remembering something. "Oh! I am so rude! I'm Yenifer Desai!"

Stay cool,
It’s just a kiss
Oh, why you gotta be so talkative?
I talk too much, we talk too much

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Translation: The boy seems a little young for you

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Cara MiaKitty

Miss GryffindorK

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]