Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Open Legends]Welcome to the Jungle Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:42 am
[ Character Sheets ]
(Everyone is having an their own Orgin Story. So to keep what little sanity I have, I will be only excepting 3 people, maybe a 4th, max.)

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]

[ Premise/Foreword ]
Since ancient times vampires, werewolves, and other creatures of myth have roamed alongside humans. Killing, and at times feasting on the chosen of God. At different points during our history groups of individuals would learn the truth and combat them in the shadows which those demons hide. In modern times, thanks to massive amounts of information the public have been conditioned to forget about those that hunt them. And as a result, the number of skilled and equipped warriors dwindle by the day.

[ Setting Information/Background ]
(A by-product of GMing with my younger brother and best friend, my games tend to evolve based on the characters choices instead of a planned story. So, a lot of the story's background molded based on your backgrounds and other sources inspiration.
For the most part, the recorded events leading to July 2016 are still the world history people know. Any differences are found in tabloid articles; 'Politician agrees to a back ally deal done with a necromancer', 'Bigfoot attacks campsite and kidnaps a woman'. And news articles, where one has to read between the lines. 'Ex-Navy SEAL drowns in a local lake'.... for examples.

Welcome to the States.)

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Open Legends website
Banned Resources:

Wealth: 3 items of Wealth Level 2, up to 17 other items Wealth level 1 or less. Clothing, foods, a mode of transportation, and other basic items needed for living as an adult in the modern world won't count for these 20 items. And as long as you can legally buy it now(don't ask about a laser pistol), and it is within the rules, I won't argue.
Ability Scores*: You can use one of the Quick Builds, or You can use 40 Attribute Points.
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: 2(Fortitude+Pesence+Will)+10

Backgrounds: I would like you to have one, but it won't be game breaking if you don't have it. That said if you don't have one I will assume your character was a nobody growing up. By that, I mean, she/he never excelled at anything, nor failed at anything either. They weren't a bully in school, nor were they ever picked on. They maybe had one friend, who never included them in anything. Only their parents and teachers ever acknowledged them They were the person everyone else forgot existed... until their origin story.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] I understand life is hectic at times, that said during the prologue period I would like for you to post twice a week, but if you don't post at least once that week I will send you a notice. If you fail to respond after the third notice I will assume you decided the game wasn't for you and your character will fade into darkness.

2]

3] As I said, I draw a tonnage of inspiration from outside sources. So, If you have an idea for a possible future location or NPC. I plan to make a form for you to fill out and send to me, but until then send the said idea to me via pm.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:35 pm
2 Questions.

1.) Will we be leveling after our prolouges? I have a level 2 concept in mind and would mind a 'coming into their power' arc.

2.) Are you open to angels, demons, god touched, fae touched, excettera? How do you feel about magic items? Like an item of power that possesses its user? I have a cool idea of starting off with the character as a normal human and getting their powers.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:17 pm
That is a lot more than 2 questions.

1) Short answer, plan on it. Long answer, it depends on how far everyone gets during the prologues. If everyone finishes, yes you will be leveling up! If for some reason someone falls behind and has a reasonable excuse it would be soon after for their character.

2a.) For players to play, no. For people to fight/befriend/piss off/any other adjective two people can do or feel, about or to another, yes.

2b.) Are we talking Excaliber, Supernatural's Colt, or a sword that glows blue in the presence of orcs?

2c.) So, like The One Ring or a Lantern's ring?

As a GM, I love the idea. As long as you realize as an item powered hero, your character has a unique flaw in that they can be disarmed. Meaning they can be depowered if they are separated from their source of power.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:10 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

2c.) So, like The One Ring or a Lantern's ring?

As a GM, I love the idea. As long as you realize as an item powered hero, your character has a unique flaw in that they can be disarmed. Meaning they can be depowered if they are separated from their source of power.

I moreso meant an item that when touched petmanantly transfers power.
Like the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak and Juggernaught.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:12 am
Admittedly, I believed Marko hated his step-brother(Xavier) and the gem only gave him the power to become Juggernaut... Then again, most of my X-men knowledge came from the 90's animated series. sweatdrop

That said, the original idea was humans vs the unknown. But, Pupsage brings in a better idea of Supers vs the unknown. I answered Pup questions via a pm.

But, if the players would like to link up first as one of our basic games. I am okay with that; a little sad, but okay.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:19 pm
Well I am still down for seperate stories at first, especially as my character is pretty underpowered until level 2.

And on that note, I will be playing the Incredible Hulk of this avengers team, an intelligent but physically innept teenage gamer able the bring his online persona to life in the form of Gronk the Half-orc Ranger and his mount and companion Battlecat. Both are very battle capable, but not so great at strategy.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:44 pm
Given I maybe away from the internet next week. I will give anyone who wants to play until next friday[3-8] to post a created character, or just let their voice be heard.

I will run this thing even if I have only one player.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:43 pm
Max - normal form
Max - Barbarian Form
The Beast

Still need to finish these  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:35 pm
PupSage

These are good to go. If you are going to be running this solo, I would enjoy it a lot more as a level 2 because I have several feat points being held back for level two.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:19 am
We can start at level 2.

I don't think Rain will grant a form for two people, one of which being the GM. sweatdrop Do you have any thoughts on how we should play this one?

I have a private guild we could use, I mostly use it to hold memories, ideas, and test Gaia posting stuff. Or I guess we can try another medium. I don't usually get a quiet place to do voiced games, so a text-based or form based answer would be best.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:18 am
Discord has dicebots
Other guilds work as well.

I doubt Rain would have an issue though. I mean hell, he can clear out my 5e game.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:45 pm
Rain Yupa
May PupSage and I have a form for our RP?

Also, not saying it should be me, but ever think about electing a newer Vice Captain? Just a thought...  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:47 pm
PupSage
Discord has dicebots
Other guilds work as well.

I doubt Rain would have an issue though. I mean hell, he can clear out my 5e game.
Or my Bridgepuddle. So, good point  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Final version.
Made him into a professional roady with a thing for gaming and technology. Using creation to represent his technical skill and first aid abilities.

Gronk is pretty straightforward. If his pet ever dies he will gain Combat momentum, combat follow-through, and battle trance, flying into rage immediately.

WORG is Gronk's pet, and is actually more intelligent that its master. It can talk, and has some magical flair to it. I gave it polymorph as a bane, but it only turns the enemy into a weaker version of theirself.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Majikal Mayhem

Cool Loser

23,400 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Champion 300
  • Overstocked 200