Welcome to Gaia! ::

▶▷ My Four Seasons ◁◀

Back to Guilds

The guild associated to My Four Seasons! 

Tags: mylittlepony, ponies, pone, myfourseasons 

Reply ▶ Herds
🍭 Sweet Seekers 🍭 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Angel Heart

Distinct Shopper

10,650 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:20 pm
reserved  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:46 pm
User Image

Username: Reoakee
Character Name: Prancer
Cert: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Uncert: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. color red or green whichever looks better from his eye or hair color

Why do you want to join Sweet Seekers? Prancer lives with Melty Dreams above her ice cream shop. He has a massive sweet tooth. He would fit in really well as a sweets enthusiast.

Do you have any food allergies we should know of? none

As part of the application please submit a recipe for the archives!
*link a recipe or put one in a spoiler!*
Rock candy

Ingredients
• 2 cups water
• 4 cups granulated sugar
• Optional: 1/2 to 1 teaspoon flavoring extract or oil
• Optional: 2 drops food coloring
Steps to Make It
Note: while there are multiple steps to this recipe, this homemade rock candy is broken down into workable categories to help you better plan for preparation.
Prepare Your Materials
1. Clean the glass jars thoroughly with hot water.
2. For each jar, cut a length of a thick cotton thread a few inches longer than the height of the jar, and tape it to a pencil. Place the pencil across the lip of the jar, and wind it until the thread is hanging about 1 inch from the bottom of the jar. Attaching a paper clip to the bottom of the thread will weigh it down and help it hang straight.
3. As an alternative, you can use a wooden skewer instead of the string. Use clothespins balanced across the top of the jar to clip it into place.
Make Your Rock Candy
1. Gather the ingredients.
2. Wet each thread or wooden skewer with water, and roll it in granulated sugar. This base layer gives the sugar crystals something to grab when they start forming. Set these aside to dry while you prepare the sugar syrup.
3. Place the water in a medium-sized pan and bring it to a boil. Begin adding the sugar, one cup at a time, stirring after each addition. You will notice that it takes longer for the sugar to dissolve after each cup you add. Continue to stir and boil the syrup until all of the sugar has been added and it is completely dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. If you are using colors or flavorings, add them at this point. When using an extract, add 1 teaspoon of extract; for flavoring oils, only add 1/2 teaspoon. Make sure you don’t stand right in front of the pan because the scent can be very strong as it rises in the steam. Add 2 to 3 drops of food coloring and stir it in to ensure an even, smooth color.
5. Allow the sugar syrup to cool for approximately 10 minutes, then pour it into the prepared jars. Lower one sugared string or skewer into each jar until it hangs about 1 inch from the bottom.
6. Carefully place your jar in a cool place, away from harsh lights, where it can sit undisturbed. Cover the top loosely with plastic wrap or a paper towel.
7. You should start to see sugar crystals forming within 2 to 4 hours. If you see no change after 24 hours, try boiling the sugar syrup again and dissolve another cup of sugar into it. Then pour it back into the jar and insert the string or skewer again.
8. Allow the rock candy to grow until it is the size you want. Don’t let it grow too large, otherwise, it might start growing into the sides of your jar! Once it has reached the desired size, remove it and allow it to dry for a few minutes, then enjoy or wrap in plastic wrap to save for later.
9. Serve and enjoy!

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Abeno Seimei
Crew

Magical Girl

8,575 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:07 pm
User Image

Username: Abeno Seimei
Character Name: Sugar Plum
Uncert: *only if you want a donut head under members, if yes icing color?*
purple please

Why do you want to join Sweet Seekers?
Sugar Plum has picked up her family's love of baking and is looking for other ponies to share her love and swap recipes with.

Do you have any food allergies we should know of?
no

Buckeyes!

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

6 cups confectioners' sugar
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, vanilla and confectioners' sugar. The dough will look dry. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
Press a toothpick into the top of each ball (to be used later as the handle for dipping) and chill in freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until smooth.
Dip frozen peanut butter balls in chocolate holding onto the toothpick. Leave a small portion of peanut butter showing at the top to make them look like Buckeyes. Put back on the cookie sheet and refrigerate until serving.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:44 pm
User Image

Username: bitsie spider
Character Name: Sticky Bun
Cert: User Image
Uncert: the purple from her bow, please~

"Well, I enjoy the company of others so much, and it's always so fun to bake. What goes better together than food and friends?~"

"Thank goodness, no! I'm lucky enough to be able to eat whatever... as far as that goes, anyways!"

my family has been making this one for over 18 years~

User Image

User Image

Username: bitsie spider
Character Name: Sugar Cookie
Cert: User Image
Uncert: blue of his eyes, please~

"I have a dangerous sweet tooth and being able to be amongst like sweets lovers sounds perfect to me!"

"Oh goodness no! I think I might cry at the thought!"

The Best Rolled Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.

bitsie spider
Crew

Deathly Demigod

Lady Angel Heart

Distinct Shopper

10,650 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:51 am
User ImageSprinkles bounces with excitement as she examines the new applications. "Welcome everyone to Sweet Seekers! I am so happy you decided to join! Everyone is accepted!" She quickly takes everyones pictures and put them in her binder along with all the new yummy recipes that were submitted. "Please help yourselves to the snack table. I made cupcakes!" Finally a group ponies who loved sweets as much as she did! She couldn't wait to see who else might come. She was going to need to find a club house.

Reoakee
User Image

Abeno Seimei
User Image

bitsie spider
User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:59 am
User Image

Username: Pandora Talie
Character Name: Cinnamon Spice
Uncert: X

"I'd love love love to meet more sweet tooth enthusiasts!" She beams while looking around.

"Nawwww I'm fit a fiddle!" Cinnamon Spice drops her gaze and blushes. "Well...sweets are not that bad right?"

Buttermilk Biscuit Cinnamon Rolls
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time:25 mins
Total Time:45 mins

Ingredients
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp very cold salted butter cut in small cubes
1 cup buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 tbsp melted butter
¾ cup of raisins optional
For the Vanilla Glaze (optional)
3/4 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar
1 tbsp melted butter
3 tbsp milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a food processor, blend together the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
Pulse in the butter. Do not over incorporate the butter into the flour. Similar to making a flaky pastry, small pieces of butter should be visible in the flour.
Transfer this mixture from the food processor into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center. Pour in the buttermilk and vanilla extract.
Working very quickly with a wooden spoon, fold the dry mixture through the buttermilk, only until the flour disappears, then stop immediately.
Drop the sticky dough onto a well floured counter top or bread board. Sprinkle the top of the dough with additional flour as well as flouring your hands to handle the dough.
Roll out the dough into a rectangle about 9x18 inches.
Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter into a paste.
Spread this paste evenly onto the rolled dough using a rubber spatula. Sprinkle the surface of the dough with the raisins.
Press the raisins down into the dough gently with the palm of your hand. this helps hold them in place as you roll.
Starting at the shorter end of the rolled dough roll the dough up tightly and pinch the end of the dough together to seal the end of the dough into the roll.
Slice the roll into 8 equally thick slices and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, a couple of inches apart. I recommend aluminum baking sheets because they tolerate the higher oven temperature without burning the bottom of the biscuits. You can brush the rolls with an egg wash to help them brown and sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar for a little crunch if you like but this is optional.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits are evenly golden brown.
Drizzle with Vanilla Glaze if you like.
To prepare the Vanilla Glaze
Mix together all ingredients until smooth. You can add a little more icing sugar or milk to make the glaze thicker or thinner in consistency to suit your taste.

Pandora Talie

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100

Abeno Seimei
Crew

Magical Girl

8,575 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:06 am
User Image

Username: Abeno Seimei
Character Name: Swizzle Pop
Uncert: uncert! I'd like Deep Pink!

Well, My cousin joined and the personal invite from Sprinkles was so sweet! The talent and love for baking runs thru my family.

Not that i'm aware of.

Cake Pops
Total Time 1 hr 30 mins

Servings: 18 cake pops
Ingredients
1 cake mix + ingredients listed on the box
1/3 cup icing
Candy Melts
18 6 inch lollipop sticks
sprinkles

Instructions
1 Prepare a boxed cake mix as directed on the box.
2 Let the cake cool.
3 Crumble the cake into fine crumbs with your hands in a large bowl.
4 Mix in about 1/3 cup of icing with your hands.
5 Scoop out the mixture using cookie scoop, packing the cake mixture into the scoop as you scoop it.
6 Smush the mixture in your hand to pack it tightly into a ball.
7 Roll it into a nicely shaped ball.
8 Roll the remaining mixture into balls.
9 Put about 5 Candy Melt morsels into microwaveable bowl and melt them in the microwave.
10 Dip your cake pop stick into the melted Candy Melt and quickly stick it into a cake pop at least half way down.
11 Repeat with remaining cake pops.
12 Set pops on a cookie tray.
13 Freeze for about 15 minutes.
14 Put Candy Melts into a microwaveable mug.
15 Melt the Candy Melts as directed on the package.
16 Dip the cake pop into the mug, evenly coating it.
17 Let the coating drip off.
18 Place cake pop on cookie sheet.
19 If using sprinkles, add immediately before coating sets.
20 Repeat for remaining pops.

As one of the leaders of Party Pop! I'd like to propose an affiliation between our herds, Party pop is a group based around hosting gatherings. So, We would love to partner with you!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:58 am
User ImageSprinkles was over joyed as more ponies made their way too her booth. "Welcome to Sweet Seekers Cinnamon! You are definitely in the right place. We all have a sweet tooth.. or 12. So happy your here! Help yourself to whatever treats strike your fancy."

Her eyes widened when she saw who approached next. "Well if it isnt Swizzle Pop! You got my invitation! Hooray! It wouldn't be a proper party without you. I would absolutely love to partner with your herd. What goes better with parties than desserts ... and candy! Sprinkles grinned from ear to ear. "Speaking of desserts and candy theres a whole refreshment table of goodies if you want to check it out! We can discuss herd things later. Now we celebrate new friendships!" That was two more members for the binder. What an exciting turn of events this was turning out to be!

Pandora Talie
User Image

Abeno Seimei
User Image

Lady Angel Heart

Distinct Shopper

10,650 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250

Lady Angel Heart

Distinct Shopper

10,650 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:00 pm
We now have an ORP! Come casually hang out at Sweet Seekers HQ!

Reoakee

Abeno Seimei

bitsie spider

Pandora Talie

I forgot to quote when I finished it yum_cupcake :3

▶ Herds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items