Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Where have I been?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:05 am
Hello, my darlings!
I hope that you all had a great Holiday, and got through the new year safe and sound? So, some may be wondering where I have been for a good while. I used to be pretty active and tried helping out during contests and special events, sadly I just almost vanished from the surface of Gaia for a long time.

The explanation is pretty much; university.
Some don't know this, but I recently passed my bachelor exam as a historian, and I decided to keep continuing my studies, at least until I got myself a masters degree. So that's where I am now! I am currently studying to get a masters degree as a historian who is qualified to work as a cultural heritage mediator (those fancy people that work at museums). This means that I have been having little time to myself, as the workload has become far greater than before.

My university colleagues and I are currently working, alongside a museum, on developing a podcast series that looks into the mentality surrounding witches, with a reference point in a famous witch trial that took place in the town where the museum is located, so that means that I have been very busy. I can't promise I will be super active further on as my studies are really packing a punch, but I will do my utmost to try and check in every day and see if there's something I can help with.

I just wanted to let everyone know.

Have a great day! Stay awesome and may you have good karma come your way heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:43 am
Madeleine Heilburg

Have a great day! Stay awesome and may you have good karma come your way heart heart heart

Hi! Nice to meet you and welcome back! Same to you. biggrin  

AznSoarOnZen

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:06 pm
Hey  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:25 am
Welcome back! I been away myself, especially since Gaia isn't too much of a priority like it had been back in the day. Glad your back and kickin' though!

FluffyMuffins230

Lonely Browser

8,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Timid 100
  • Hygienic 200

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:30 am
Madeleine Heilburg
Hello, my darlings!
I hope that you all had a great Holiday, and got through the new year safe and sound? So, some may be wondering where I have been for a good while. I used to be pretty active and tried helping out during contests and special events, sadly I just almost vanished from the surface of Gaia for a long time.

Some don't know this, but I recently passed my bachelor exam as a historian, and I decided to keep continuing my studies, at least until I got myself a masters degree. So that's where I am now! I am currently studying to get a masters degree as a historian who is qualified to work as a cultural heritage mediator (those fancy people that work at museums). This means that I have been having little time to myself, as the workload has become far greater than before.

My university colleagues and I are currently working, alongside a museum, on developing a podcast series that looks into the mentality surrounding witches, with a reference point in a famous witch trial that took place in the town where the museum is located, so that means that I have been very busy. I can't promise I will be super active further on as my studies are really packing a punch, but I will do my utmost to try and check in every day and see if there's something I can help with.

I just wanted to let everyone know.

I really need to come to the chatterbox more - I'm so glad things are going well for you, even if very busy. Enjoy this crazy exciting time!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:10 am
JoyRose

Thank you, my dear! Currently, I am on the last few days on a week-long exam, so I am stressing a little. I feel like these last couple of semesters have been so busy, but that's what getting a masters degree is apparently about (as one of my friends said eek )
But I am very happy all the same heart
Also, your avi is so cute, oh gosh!  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:38 am
Madeleine Heilburg
JoyRose

Thank you, my dear! Currently, I am on the last few days on a week-long exam, so I am stressing a little. I feel like these last couple of semesters have been so busy, but that's what getting a masters degree is apparently about (as one of my friends said eek )
But I am very happy all the same heart
Also, your avi is so cute, oh gosh!

Ugh, week-long exam! Well here's hoping you're through that soon and successfully. Your avi looks ready for a comfy nap!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:46 am
I had noticed an absence and hoped you were doing well. That's all great to hear! It does sound busy but also like a lot of fun! ...except for that week-long exam. Eww  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:58 pm
sdrawkcab

I am doing just peachy, thanks! The first exam is over and now I am just waiting for the next one. I admit that the Masters degree is pulling some teeth out, but I am enjoying every bit of it. I am looking forward to our upcoming project. We have to create a podcast in collaboration with a museum, so I am super stoked emotion_yatta
I hope you are doing well too? biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:50 pm
Madeleine Heilburg
sdrawkcab

I am doing just peachy, thanks! The first exam is over and now I am just waiting for the next one. I admit that the Masters degree is pulling some teeth out, but I am enjoying every bit of it. I am looking forward to our upcoming project. We have to create a podcast in collaboration with a museum, so I am super stoked emotion_yatta
I hope you are doing well too? biggrin

That does sound like a huge project. @ .@ And fun. But huge. That's cool that your project also gives you some hands on skills related to what you want to do with your degree. At least, I assume the stuff you write for the podcasts could be similar to what you'd do on the job~

I am doing well. ^ __^;; I kinda have less energy nowadays so I haven't been up to much. Part of me misses being as busy as you are. The other part of me... knows that first part is crazy... and is content. XD;

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Vincent Von Richthofen

Nuclear Krampus

5,325 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:44 pm
Madeleine Heilburg

Congratulations and best of luck to you with the Masters degree and future plans Dudette! biggrin
I'm still in high school cry

Madeleine Heilburg

Thanks! You too! biggrin  
☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff