Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] The Sapphire Stand
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:24 am
Ah poo. Well, if you ever want to do something a little more live with us online folks I do love the world you and Kow created.  
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:36 pm
PupSage
Ah poo. Well, if you ever want to do something a little more live with us online folks I do love the world you and Kow created.

Oh, thanks. We hadn't planned them in the same world, but now that you mention it, they totally could be.

SCN_ Grey_fox
I had the thought the ring was a badge-like thing, and proceeded to treat it like every officer in every form of media I have seen. xp

It was a pleasure to entertain and be entertained. Thank you.

Hahaha, no, you're right, and I think it's great. I ran an IRL adventure where people were members of the Sapphire Shield and they ALL did the same thing. Like: *breaks in door* I'M FROM THE SHIELD *waves ring in everyone's face*

I totally love that, giving the players some authority. Most of them run with it and it's fun to see.

Rain Yupa

Sorry that it wasn't a good fit for you. It's not for everyone, and isn't easy by any stretch. But on the flip side, it might be easier for some compared to the live action version. Everyone's entitled to enjoy the style they enjoy, I guess.

I'm sorry I didn't get to see more of Twyla, although I guess this does kind of explain why. She was a crucial part of the team and I miss her crying You were, and are, an excellent roleplayer.

Will we still see you around the guild, at least? Maybe in some non-active-game discussions, or perhaps to show off other works of art you create?

Kowsauni has mentioned to me that he prefers DMing in play by post because it gives him time to think of his next move, instead of being put on the spot all the time like in a tabletop setting. It definitely works better for some people that way. And thanks for your kind words; I'm glad you liked Twyla. She was the first character I played in a long form game (back in 2012) and I loved getting to use her again. If it'd been a real life game I wouldn't have stopped playing.

I may not be in the guild much. I will still draw pictures for Kowsauni and make his maps, but I don't know if I'll do much more than that.  

AlphabetFish

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:48 pm
I don't have any "friends" to try it, but have you tried play by chat?

With programs available like Gaia's Friendchats, Role Gate, Roll20, etc. I am almost positive you can find a online style to get nerdie over. xp

It is sad to see you go, but completely understandable. I wish you many crits and many more enjoyable adventures.  
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:54 am
Honestly I enjoy Roll20 and FantasyGrounds games immensly. Discord for voice chat with a dedicated ooc server to make it all perfect.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
[D&D 4e] The Sapphire Stand

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers