Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] The Sapphire Stand
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:14 pm
I figure I would ask, before posting. What is your opinion on splitting the party?

Rhaun getting the feeling that Rusty doesn't know much and the paper did say, "Tasks as needed". So, unless if Bahl wants to act villainy again, I was going to let Cymbre take the lead with Rustbeard and go with the two extras to help Mr. What's-his-name.

But, if you are against party split. I stick with the others  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:33 am
SCN_ Grey_fox
I figure I would ask, before posting. What is your opinion on splitting the party?

Rhaun getting the feeling that Rusty doesn't know much and the paper did say, "Tasks as needed". So, unless if Bahl wants to act villainy again, I was going to let Cymbre take the lead with Rustbeard and go with the two extras to help Mr. What's-his-name.

You guys can do what you'd like to do. As long as people are clear on where they are, I'm fine with it. So I allow it.

Whether or not it's a good idea is up to the players to decide ninja  

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:38 am
SCN_ Grey_fox

Lets stick together for now until we get a better feel for whats going on. No one wants to be accidentally left out of a fight or some potential plot development. Or worse, trigger a fight designed for the whole group and there is only one party member there xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:08 pm
Still here and still following the group.  

Alzzak

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:52 pm
Is there a Fort Sapphire? Something like the Star Wars' Jedi Temple, or Dragon Age's Warden's Keep. Somewhere where the members of the Sapphire Stand/Guard keep and store knowledge, train new members and the like?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:54 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Is there a Fort Sapphire? Something like the Star Wars' Jedi Temple, or Dragon Age's Warden's Keep. Somewhere where the members of the Sapphire Stand/Guard keep and store knowledge, train new members and the like?

The Sapphire Shield--and its offshoot, the Sapphire Stand--are not a military organization. They're a subset of the king's guard which has been authorized to travel around the kingdom and complete specific, beneficial missions/jobs/objectives.

They do have a headquarters in Fairedge City, the kingdom's capital, where they mostly do things like payroll, recruitment, assignments, administrative tasks, etc. This is where your organization's head resides. The Shield and the Stand tend to recruit people who already possess the abilities they're looking for, rather than train up people who are unskilled. You were scouted by the Stand and your orientation was short. Mostly you learned about the laws you'd be expected to uphold and the ways you should conduct yourself; no training in magic, weapons, first aid, battle tactics, or anything like that is included.

Since you were assigned at recruitment to the northeast corner of the kingdom, your orientation was conducted in a temporary camp in Dryden, which lies a week's travel north of Fairedge City. It's 9 days further to Shining Tree, where your party all met each other, and 3 days after that to Evenkeel. So FE City is very far away indeed. All orientations are conducted in temporary locations; there is no permanent "boot camp" or anything.

Okay, my baby is crying every time I put her down for even a second so if there's anything I haven't answered, please ask and I'll fill that in later.  

AlphabetFish

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:28 pm
I was there with my nephew(his mommy left him and my brother, a few days after he was born. Being in school at the time I helped when I could), so I kind of understand. And will say no rush. smile

Probably not, but I will ask it this way. Is there some where we could send the chest to be safely studied?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:39 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
I was there with my nephew(his mommy left him and my brother, a few days after he was born. Being in school at the time I helped when I could), so I kind of understand. And will say no rush. smile

Probably not, but I will ask it this way. Is there some where we could send the chest to be safely studied?

You remember learning in your studies with the Stand about a wizard in Dryden, a guy by the name of Rocky Shore. He isn't a member of the Sapphire Shield or Stand, but he does handle magic items for them. He's about 12 days travel from here, but you don't know of anyone closer.

((I rolled you a History; you got a 19 total. Out of habit I rolled it with a physical die on my desk sweatdrop but it went so well for you I didn't want to reroll it in the dice thread.))  

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:43 am
Nice Rhaun!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:48 am
xd  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:45 am
SCN_ Grey_fox
quickly shifted three squares closer to one of the defenders

By defenders, do you mean the ghost-y guys that look like you? Because if so they're alllll around you. Here's the map:

User Image

Since Rhaun would be aware of this, do you want to change where your shift goes?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:49 am
AlphabetFish
SCN_ Grey_fox

By defenders, do you mean the ghost-y guys that look like you? Because if so they're alllll around you. Here's the map:

User Image

Since Rhaun would be aware of this, do you want to change where your shift goes?
I was referring to one of our defenders(Cymbre and Guard-the-door).

I don't wanta be part of a Rhaun salad, when I can be a part of a Hero sub. xp But If I can't shift though the chest to be sandwitched between Bahl and Cymbre(I11,preferred location).

Plan B would be to shift to G13 to be beside the Tin man.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:41 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
AlphabetFish
SCN_ Grey_fox

User Image

I was referring to one of our defenders(Cymbre and Guard-the-door).

I don't wanta be part of a Rhaun salad, when I can be a part of a Hero sub. xp But If I can't shift though the chest to be sandwitched between Bahl and Cymbre(I11,preferred location).

Plan B would be to shift to G13 to be beside the Tin man.

Gotcha! The square the chest is in is difficult terrain, so it can't be shifted through. Rhaun will be on G13.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:56 pm
So many really bad memes and puns are in my head. Expect me to share a few during the fight. blaugh

User Image  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:48 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
So many really bad memes and puns are in my head. Expect me to share a few during the fight. blaugh

User Image

Share away! I was looking forward to seeing how my players felt about this fight xd  
[D&D 4e] The Sapphire Stand

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff