Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] The Sapphire Stand Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:57 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
We could also buy a lot of (Dis)Enchant Magic Item scrolls and a ton of Residuum. Then we could just enchant/disenchant what we need on the fly.

I don't mind swapping a feat for RC if there is a want for it. But, most of my games here it is a feat that doesn't see much action or worth.

I will pretend I understood that ...

I think you said that we can cheat the system and make our own magic items?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:16 pm
PupSage
SCN_ Grey_fox
We could also buy a lot of (Dis)Enchant Magic Item scrolls and a ton of Residuum. Then we could just enchant/disenchant what we need on the fly.

I don't mind swapping a feat for RC if there is a want for it. But, most of my games here it is a feat that doesn't see much action or worth.

I will pretend I understood that ...

I think you said that we can cheat the system and make our own magic items?

Sorry sweatdrop

Not really cheating, but yes. With a few Enchant Magic Item scrolls, and enough Residuum(a reagent gained by disenchanting magic items and can be used freely in all rituals), we can make whatever magic thingy we need.

The last part was referring to the Ritual Caster feat and purchasing the rituals for repeated use.

I only bring it up, because I also have lots of gold left and a high Strength score. And I thought between the two of us we had most of the groups lifting needs.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:31 pm
PupSage
Well ... out of left field ...

"This one Guards the Door."

I have leftover gold, if people are game to put in their share, would people want to get a bag of holding. I mean, I am a mighty mighty warforged with all dat strength, but I know not everyone will have the carry weight and like I said, I have $$$.

I love the name! A warforged is always an interesting addition. I do have a few questions.

1) When an NPC looks at your character, what gender do you think they would be likely to think of you as? Is your form shaped much like a human form, or are you more like a chunk of metal? What about your voice--high, low, grating, smooth, stilted? Just trying to figure out how my NPCs would respond to you. Also does your character have a preferred pronoun or do they really not care?

2) Can I clarify some stuff about how your money was spent? For one, you've listed Guardian's Call +2, but not the class of weapon that the enchantment is applied to. Guessing it's a warhammer based on your quick look up warhammer numbers matching a +2 item. You also own a mundane warhammer, though, right? Then when that and all your other items, your money left over is 190gp. I can do an itemized list of the prices of things per the compendium.

3) Your attached heavy shield is cool by me. If you get another shield you want to use, it will have to be specially modified to be attached but likely you can find an NPC to handle this for you if this comes up. Just to be clear, you cannot wield weapons two-handed with your shield attached. You can un-attach it as a minor action if you want to wield a weapon two-handed.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:07 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
I still need to deal with the fluffy bits...

but, for partial peer review. I extend Rhaun Skalyn

I will finish tomorrow.

Looks good thus far, checks out in the builder. But don't forget to add that second language when you finish up! I like putting in different languages so it may come in handy. 3nodding  

AlphabetFish

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:12 am
AlphabetFish
PupSage

I have leftover gold, if people are game to put in their share, would people want to get a bag of holding. I mean, I am a mighty mighty warforged with all dat strength, but I know not everyone will have the carry weight and like I said, I have $$$.

I love the name! A warforged is always an interesting addition. I do have a few questions.

1) When an NPC looks at your character, what gender do you think they would be likely to think of you as? Is your form shaped much like a human form, or are you more like a chunk of metal? What about your voice--high, low, grating, smooth, stilted? Just trying to figure out how my NPCs would respond to you. Also does your character have a preferred pronoun or do they really not care?

2) Can I clarify some stuff about how your money was spent? For one, you've listed Guardian's Call +2, but not the class of weapon that the enchantment is applied to. Guessing it's a warhammer based on your quick look up warhammer numbers matching a +2 item. You also own a mundane warhammer, though, right? Then when that and all your other items, your money left over is 190gp. I can do an itemized list of the prices of things per the compendium.

3) Your attached heavy shield is cool by me. If you get another shield you want to use, it will have to be specially modified to be attached but likely you can find an NPC to handle this for you if this comes up. Just to be clear, you cannot wield weapons two-handed with your shield attached. You can un-attach it as a minor action if you want to wield a weapon two-handed.

True to his name, Guards is a better door than a window. He is bulky and top heavy, very angular. His torso is squarish with a slight taper, giving him a look like a card guard from Alice in wonderland almost. His head is sticking out from this, giving him a bit of a hunchbacked look. His shield is often found placed in front of him, carrying the square look to the floor.

Oddly his head is very round in contrast, almost cartoonish features, similar to a grumpy cartoon turtle.

His hide armor is literally the tanned pelt of a large cat (lion?) with the face over his stomach and the rest wrapped around. Its sewb ro fit like a tabbard.

His profile view is more similar to an hourglass shape.

The hammer is the magic one, no extras, that's the level 7 item. I figured the shield had been affixed in his early days, I've been spinning the backstory that he was resold to a wealthy Lord to guard his daughter's bedroom, hence the friendly face, but she told him to go away one day and he kept going.

Edit: Voice is similar to Eyeore from winnie the pooh.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:27 pm
PupSage
AlphabetFish
PupSage

True to his name, Guards is a better door than a window. He is bulky and top heavy, very angular. His torso is squarish with a slight taper, giving him a look like a card guard from Alice in wonderland almost. His head is sticking out from this, giving him a bit of a hunchbacked look. His shield is often found placed in front of him, carrying the square look to the floor.

Oddly his head is very round in contrast, almost cartoonish features, similar to a grumpy cartoon turtle.

His hide armor is literally the tanned pelt of a large cat (lion?) with the face over his stomach and the rest wrapped around. Its sewb ro fit like a tabbard.

His profile view is more similar to an hourglass shape.

The hammer is the magic one, no extras, that's the level 7 item. I figured the shield had been affixed in his early days, I've been spinning the backstory that he was resold to a wealthy Lord to guard his daughter's bedroom, hence the friendly face, but she told him to go away one day and he kept going.

Edit: Voice is similar to Eyeore from winnie the pooh.

Okay, cool, I love the detailed visual and the backstory. I'm excited to see how the NPCs react.

Just waiting on an update of your character sheet to reflect your proper gold amount (205, since you don't have a mundane warhammer like I thought you had) and you're all approved.  

AlphabetFish

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:30 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

I will finish tomorrow.

I see you added your second language! Are we counting it as all done?

Also how do I pronounce your character's name? Ron? Rown? Rune? Roan? R-hawn?

And the last name... Skaw-lynn? Scale-in? Skall-in (rhymes with Alan)?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:33 pm
AlphabetFish
SCN_ Grey_fox

I will finish tomorrow.

If you don't want his life story , yes. xd If you do want his backstory, I am still drawing a blank on it. sweatdrop

The complete name is pronounced Ron Skall-in.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:30 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
AlphabetFish
SCN_ Grey_fox

I will finish tomorrow.

If you don't want his life story , yes. xd If you do want his backstory, I am still drawing a blank on it. sweatdrop

The complete name is pronounced Ron Skall-in.

Thanks! And no need to worry about a backstory; just having in mind at least a vague idea of why your character joined the Sapphire Stand is enough. You don't have to write that down though.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:41 am
Bahl-gro

Sorry, for the delay. Work and school stole most of my free time this week.  

Alzzak

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:04 pm
Alzzak
Bahl-gro

Okay, looks pretty good! I'm excited to have a bugbear smile Pronounced Ball-grow?

A few things:

1) When you level to 4, you get to add 1 point to two different stats. You only applied 1 point (to strength). You have 1 point left to apply to a different stat.

2) I'm not seeing where your miscellaneous bonus to Athletics and Endurance is coming from. What's that +1 from?

3) Your remaining money is too much. You started with 1000g, and had costs of 885 (gauntlets, adventurer's kit, hide armor) leaving you with 115g.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:34 pm
AlphabetFish
Alzzak
Bahl-gro

Okay, looks pretty good! I'm excited to have a bugbear smile Pronounced Ball-grow?

A few things:

1) When you level to 4, you get to add 1 point to two different stats. You only applied 1 point (to strength). You have 1 point left to apply to a different stat.

2) I'm not seeing where your miscellaneous bonus to Athletics and Endurance is coming from. What's that +1 from?

3) Your remaining money is too much. You started with 1000g, and had costs of 885 (gauntlets, adventurer's kit, hide armor) leaving you with 115g.

1) I put my second stat point in Construction. I only had 18 15 15 13 12 9. With racials and level bonuses I changed 18 to 21 for str 13 to 15 for dex and 15 to 16 for con.

2 and 3) fixed  

Alzzak

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:00 pm
Alzzak
AlphabetFish
Alzzak
Bahl-gro

A few things:

1) I put my second stat point in Construction. I only had 18 15 15 13 12 9. With racials and level bonuses I changed 18 to 21 for str 13 to 15 for dex and 15 to 16 for con.

2 and 3) fixed

Hey, thanks! You're all set.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:14 am
AlphabetFish

Okay, cool, I love the detailed visual and the backstory. I'm excited to see how the NPCs react.

Just waiting on an update of your character sheet to reflect your proper gold amount (205, since you don't have a mundane warhammer like I thought you had) and you're all approved.

Done. As just a basic body shape, kind of the silhoette of this, minus the hole in the chest and not nearly as morbid.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:55 pm
Okay, I think four characters is pretty good! I'll give it a few more days in case anyone else is interested, then let's get started. 3nodding

Rain Yupa

If I could, Mr. Yupa, may I have a subforum?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff