Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] The Sapphire Stand Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Alzzak rolled 24 6-sided dice: 3, 2, 4, 5, 3, 4, 1, 6, 6, 5, 6, 6, 1, 3, 1, 5, 6, 2, 6, 3, 6, 5, 4, 3 Total: 96 (24-144)

Alzzak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:35 am
If I don't forget to roll.

I guess I will run with this.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:49 am
Yep, just because you can use a large weapon doesn't mean you can also use medium sized weapons like a large creature. Bugbears are not large, so by they don't get all the benefits a large creature does.

I'm going to go over the exact wording again when I'm able, but at this point don't assume you can dual wield 2h medium sized weapons.  

AlphabetFish

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:13 pm
Alzzak
If I don't forget to roll.

I guess I will run with this.

3, 2, 4, 5, = 12
3, 4, 1, 6, = 13
6, 5, 6, 6, = 18
1, 3, 1, 5, = 9
6, 2, 6, 3, = 15
6, 5, 4, 3 = 15

Don't shortchange yourself; those first two rolls were better than you had written down. blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:22 pm
PupSage
Cool, dual Mordenkrad wielding Bugber ranger it is then.

I will take a looker at oversized executioners axe builds though.

Okay, so I've looked over the wording again (SCN already quoted it, but here it is again):

Quote:
Oversized: You can use weapons of your size or one size larger than you as if they were your size.
(Emphasis mine)

So for any large weapon you'd like to use, you just act as if its size category is medium instead. And this character can't dual wield medium sized two-handed weapons.

Still, bugbear's a powerful option, though.  

AlphabetFish

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:24 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Round Two...ROLL!

5, 5, 4, 6 16
2, 6, 5, 5 16
6, 3, 6, 3 15
1, 1, 6, 6 13
2, 3, 5, 3 11
5, 5, 1, 6 16

40/20 Yes, Please!

Goodness gracious! Looks good--looks amazing actually lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:48 pm
Thank you for finding my errors. smile

How do you record time in your game?

I want to be more creative with my backstory and don't wish to write 24 years ago when the global time is recorded as 2E77.
To me
"It was the Seventy-seventh year of the second era and under Viga stars when the world first heard the cries of the infant...".
Sounds epic compared to,
"24 years ago,... was born."

And a question for everyone, Anyone has an idea for a useful feat for a halfling rogue?

I only have the Player's Handbook. I currently have; Light Blade Expertise(found on a wiki website), Nimble Blade, and Halfling Agility. I can't think of another.  

Alzzak

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:14 pm
Pupsage: encase if you didn't know, weapon damage value increases are found on page 220 of the Player's Handbook.

Alzzak: Cunning Stalker in the Heroes of something, I can't remember the book, grants CA to all people who are foolish enough to stand alone against you. Distant Advantage Player Handbook 2, grants CA for fools who are flanked by your allies. Mobile Defense Player Handbook bonus vs OA against you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:54 pm
Alzzak
Thank you for finding my errors. smile

How do you record time in your game?

Sorry if it's not too exciting, but time is simply figured in years from the founding of the kingdom of Fairedge regardless of ruling family or religious dates or what have you. The current year is 309.

A flowery way to style it would be "it's 309 years fair" to talk about the current year, or "24 fair years past" to talk about a past point in time.  

AlphabetFish

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:02 pm
Found good rp flavor that I liked, so Githzerai Avenger instead. Halfway built, will be done by monday.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:58 am
we have 2 strikers, in the works; Kow what are your character plans?

Pupsage, I just have to ask does your Githzerai Avenger have the Githzerai Blade Master feat?  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:41 am
Well, I have a couple characters I am considering

I have two versions of the Barbarian (Beserker) class from Hero of the Feywilds

One version is focused on playing as striker. She would be a black half-dragon character much like Seraphina who fights with her claws.

The other version focuses on playing as a Defender. He is a human with the pack outcast theme (though, thematically he will be turning into a bear.) His focus is being super Tanky and keeping enemies slowed or knocked prone.

Other then that I am thinking of playing a Wizard (mage) who focuses on doing cold damage and slowing targets down. This character would be a white half-dragon. I also have a hybrid Wizard/Fighter version of her if I want to maintain some melee capabilities.

Originally I was leaning towards playing my black half-dragon berserker, but with two melee strikers already in the works, I will probably go with either my defender build or the wizard controller.

The only role I do not have plans of potentially playing for this campaign is a leader, but I'll give my paladin/cleric hybrid a look over.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:32 pm
I asking as I am making a human Warlord and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to set back a few ranged based options.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:34 pm
I still need to deal with the fluffy bits...

but, for partial peer review. I extend Rhaun Skalyn

I will finish tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:40 pm
Well ... out of left field ...

"This one Guards the Door."

I have leftover gold, if people are game to put in their share, would people want to get a bag of holding. I mean, I am a mighty mighty warforged with all dat strength, but I know not everyone will have the carry weight and like I said, I have $$$.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:21 pm
We could also buy a lot of (Dis)Enchant Magic Item scrolls and a ton of Residuum. Then we could just enchant/disenchant what we need on the fly.

I don't mind swapping a feat for RC if there is a want for it. But, most of my games here it is a feat that doesn't see much action or worth.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff