Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] The Sapphire Stand Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:28 pm
Oh hello, there! I’m AlphabetFish--some of you may know me as Kowsauni’s wife. Due to an overabundance of small children in my life, I’m not able to DM a game in person, so I’ll be running a game on here for y’all. I’m more of a DM than a player, and I can’t wait to get back into the role.

[ Player Rules ]
1) At least one post per week from each player for roleplaying. For combat, when it's your turn, please post within 24 hours or I will NPC your character. If you have stuff going on IRL that prevents you from meeting these requirements, please let me know. If you go a week without posting, you will be contacted. If I have to contact you too much, you will be dropped. If I don't hear from a player for over 2 weeks, they will be dropped from the game.
2) No PVP or checks against other players without their express consent in OOC. If you want to pickpocket or lie to another PC and he doesn't say in OOC that it's cool, it doesn't happen.

[ Character Sheets ]

1] PupSage's Guards the Door
2] SCN's Rhaun Skalyn
3] Kowsauni's ?? (is going to join, just has to commit to a character)
4] Alzzak's Bahl-Gro
5]

[ Setting Information ]
The kingdom of Fairedge sprawls throughout the southern plains and forests of the continent of Mithenon. Its hamlets, villages, towns and cities mostly lie at great distances from one another, their denizens preferring to stay out of each other's affairs. Drawn by the kingdom's laissez faire policies and peaceful settlements, individuals of all races, religions and walks of life make their home here. A single town may house minotaurs and gnomes, wizards and blacksmiths, or churches filled with the devout standing next to the wildest tavern or gambling hall any unprincipled scoundrel could hope for.

Nonetheless, the citizens of Fairedge are a united people, working together to expand their country against the untamed wilds surrounding them, protected by powerful agents of the king's guard, the Sapphire Shield, which in many far-flung locations may be the only law-making entity around. As the kingdom expands, so to have the Shield's accomplishments and responsibilities. As the Shield is stretched thinner and thinner, the king has instated a new off-shoot of it, the Sapphire Stand, to be dispatched to handle smaller matters in the farthest reach's of the kingdom.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
You have joined up with the Sapphire Stand--for money, for fame, for adventure, or to do good works in your kingdom. The danger is minimal--unfortunately, so is the pay. But at least in this brand new force, the opportunity to make your mark is yours for the taking. Make a big splash here, and you might even be promoted into the ranks of the heroes populating the Sapphire Shield.

You have been matched already to a team, and assigned to the burgeoning farming village of Evenkeel in the far off woodlands of Kellas. Your tasks are to help clear the land and forests of dangerous beasts and obstacles--simple work, but nonetheless important.

Your introductory letter has instructed you to meet up with Justiciar Willard, the king's highest-ranking representative in the region. You have been given a silver ring inset with a deep blue stone carved like a crown to signify your authority as a member of the Stand. Your pay will arrive via messenger at the end of the week--if you've earned it.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Anything official; if I can build it in the character builder it goes.
Banned Resources: Anything homebrew.

ECL: Characters begin at level 6
Wealth: One lvl 7 item, one lvl 6 item, one lvl 5 item, 1000gp
Races: Anything official.
Ability Scores: 20 point buy OR roll 4d6 and drop the lowest. If you choose to roll, you can attempt one re-roll. If you don’t like it, discard it and try again. If that second one still isn’t doing it for you, then use point buy. Please roll for stats in this thread.
Alignments: No evil. And don’t make a “neutral” character and start acting evil (yes, I’ve had players do this).
Pantheon: Any. But even if your God is evil, you can’t be evil.
Backgrounds: Any.
Themes: Any.  
Kowsauni rolled 24 6-sided dice: 2, 1, 3, 2, 1, 1, 4, 2, 6, 2, 3, 5, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 4, 6, 6, 3, 4, 3, 3 Total: 73 (24-144)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:12 pm
I'm planing on playing either a Half Dragon Ice Mage or Barbarian, or potentially a Druid, but first lets see what the dice do?

10...oh boy, less then point buy, will try again.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni rolled 24 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 5, 3, 5, 4, 3, 5, 3, 1, 5, 3, 4, 5, 2, 1, 1, 6, 1, 5, 2, 5, 3, 2 Total: 80 (24-144)

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:16 pm
10...whelp. Looks like point buy for me.  
SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 24 6-sided dice: 6, 3, 5, 5, 3, 2, 4, 6, 2, 3, 3, 4, 6, 1, 4, 1, 4, 2, 3, 4, 1, 4, 2, 2 Total: 80 (24-144)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:23 am
Aiming at one of four; Resistant Dwarf Battlerager, Pack Outcast Shifter Avenger, a Halfling Shaman(heavily dependent on other PC's) or a Human Staffmage(Swordmage).

6, 3, 5, 5 16
3, 2, 4, 6 13
2, 3, 3, 4 10
6, 1, 4, 1 11
4, 2, 3, 4 11
1, 4, 2, 2 8

14/20, next roll  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage rolled 24 6-sided dice: 2, 4, 3, 2, 4, 5, 5, 2, 6, 1, 5, 2, 5, 4, 5, 4, 6, 5, 2, 2, 2, 4, 3, 2 Total: 85 (24-144)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:26 am
Ranger of some kind, will actually optimize this time around. xp  
PupSage rolled 24 6-sided dice: 1, 4, 3, 5, 4, 6, 4, 2, 1, 6, 2, 1, 6, 2, 3, 3, 6, 5, 4, 5, 3, 2, 4, 4 Total: 86 (24-144)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:29 am
worse than pb, reroll.

1, 4, 3, 5, = 12
4, 6, 4, 2, = 14
1, 6, 2, 1, = 9
6, 2, 3, 3, = 12
6, 5, 4, 5, = 16
3, 2, 4, 4 = 11  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 24 6-sided dice: 5, 5, 4, 6, 2, 6, 5, 5, 6, 3, 6, 3, 1, 1, 6, 6, 2, 3, 5, 3, 5, 5, 1, 6 Total: 100 (24-144)

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:31 am
Round Two...ROLL!

5, 5, 4, 6 16
2, 6, 5, 5 16
6, 3, 6, 3 15
1, 1, 6, 6 13
2, 3, 5, 3 11
5, 5, 1, 6 16

40/20 Yes, Please!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:33 am
Still worse ... I will PB, 8, 10, 12,12,16,16  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:57 am
So since you all know 4e better:
Super high initiative ranged ranger
Human cheese ranged ranger
Or Bugbear melee ranger  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:02 am
PupSage
So since you all know 4e better:
Super high initiative ranged ranger
Human cheese ranged ranger
Or Bugbear melee ranger

In order of My vote

Bugbear Melee
Damage output wise: nothing beats a PHB Two-weapon melee ranger. The Bugbear's Oversized ability only adds to the lethality(with one of my own builds reaching 2d6 per weapon strike).

Human cheese ranged Ranger
Having an At-will Ace in every combat situation, A Human throwing Ranger (Marauder) has your back.

High Initiative ranged Ranger
Although I love a Halfling ranged Ranger(More so with the feat; Shortbow Hunter), I would have to say stay away from them and other arrow heavy Rangers. You will never have enough arrows... razz

Edit: P.S. I am being biased as two of my characters would help melee warriors lot more than distant guys.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:37 am
High initiative build would be a wood elf, which synergize well and I could end up with a +12 to initiative iv I played my cards right  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:56 am
Still doesn't change my order of Bugbear(if you want high damage), or Human(if you want to have an answer for everything) over Initiative.

I have found as long as you can survive the first round of combat, it doesn't really matter where you are in the order. My vote would change for the Initiative over everything if we house ruled Savage World's Roll Initiative every round. But, as it stands it is something you roll once and know you always act before So-and-so and after That-one-guy.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:06 am
Cool, dual Mordenkrad wielding Bugber ranger it is then.

I will take a looker at oversized executioners axe builds though.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:26 am
You may want to wait on A.Fish's ruling on Oversized equals dual-wielding two-handed weapons. I think that would run counter with what the Character Builder can do.

Just for her ease (MM p.247)
Quote:
Oversized: You can use weapons of your size or one size larger than you as if it was your size.

Vs Normal ruling(PHB p.220)
Quote:
Large creatures can use two-handed weapons
intended for creatures one size category smaller than
themselves and treat them as one-handed weapons. A
fire giant (Large) can use a human’s greatsword with
one hand, and a fire titan (Huge) can use a fire giant’s
greatsword with one hand. A creature can’t use an
undersized one-handed weapon at all; its hand is too
large to effectively hold the weapon’s small grip.

Creatures can’t use weapons designed for crea-
tures larger than themselves. A human can’t fit his
or her hands properly around the hilt of a fire giant’s
dagger, let alone use it as an effective weapon.

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Alzzak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:34 am
I will try my hand.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items