Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
Seeking Players! {Open/Will Update}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good Idea??!
  Yes!
  No.
  Needs more work/thought...
  Sounds Boring!
  Too much work. . .
  I'm Just here for teh monies!
View Results

Sinful Raine

Unsealed Demigod

13,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:07 pm
Do you enjoy RP-ing?

Fan of RPG's?

Know basics of the D&D world?

Then this story idea is just right for you! I seek to create a unique type of story that combines all three types into one story that is typed out among a few players and one Game Master!

I'm still in the process of figuring out how I want to work it out, but I believe I have a good starter basis in my mind, paired with the dice roll option for the post action.
This is a test RP for something that I have a bigger plan for; something along the lines of SAO.

Not whole-heartedly like the show, but the idea, kind of like a 'Choose Your Own Story', but more like a 'Choose Your Own Path With/Out A Team'. Of course the player(s) will get their own choice to work with a team, or not. However, the amount of solo players will be limited slightly.
Although the story will mostly be at your fingertips, the Game Master would be the entity that decides your fate; with you holding fast to luck.

Basic Idea Breakdown
Like in any classic RPG, there will be a multitude of ways to gain experience and attributes. i.e Books, scrolls, artifacts, gems, and even Divine Blessings given by deity's, demons, or spirits. It would all heavily depend on the determination of the adventurer to seek out/explore places that many people fear to tread! Or, it could be as simple as wandering through the un-archived section of a Library of Knowledge of sorts.

Leveling UP! Yes, you read that right, I believe that a leveling system would be quite handy to work in my idea of a little Diablo collaboration. Set armors, weapons, jewelry, and perhaps even pets that can give a little OOMPH to your characters attributes and stats! So, yes, there will be various items that can be found in chests, caches, rubble, lost satchels, and even dropped from monsters!

• Various monsters! On top of having various NPC's that are controlled by the Game Master or you, there will also be various kinds of monsters. With their own armor, weapons, minions, abilities, and ranks/levels. . .these bosses can help you level up with forfeited experience upon death, drop various ranked items for sale or use, and also offer bonus experience upon defeat if the player had never encountered such a monster before. Kind of like in Dragon Age, when you gain certain experience for filling out Codex information. Monsters and NPC's have opportunity to hand out their information: through quests, random conversation, favors, or upon defeat!

• Races, Classes, Skills, Attributes. Taking all unique information from various RPG's and D&D lore, each player will have the opportunity to create any character thinkable. However, many races/species do have realistic weaknesses/flaws, but it really all depends on how you wish to build your character. Mind you, this may be based off of Diablo, D&D, Skyrim, and Dragon Age, but it's not the same. I believe everyone has a dream to be an adventurer! To ride out in the unknown and dangerous world and find all the beautiful masses of treasures and GOLD!

• Currency system, buying off the market, shops, or trading posts. A bartering system, and even building relationships for better prices with NPC's! There are many ways to make money, even stealing from people and selling to the Black Hands. . .if you're into that kind of thing. Money is also a very common reward for quests, duels, defeating monsters, and doing favors for various NPC's. Money is also found in chests, caches, rubble, and even found on dead bodies! Yaaaa~Y! 3nodding

• Plants, animals, water, mountains, weather, trees, etc. There is a whole world out there that is highly based on the players' imagination and the raw descriptions given by the Game Master themselves! Included with the descriptions will be various pictures either found on the internet, or drawn by someone who is a better artist than me! ( sweatdrop Will credit said artist(s)} Mounts, Pets, various powerful beings and mythical beasts!

• Events, Missions, Limited-Time Quests, Portals, Dungeons, Mazes, Puzzles, Riddles, BOSSES. There is so much to do, but never enough time to do everything! Random encounters happen, whether they're good or bad, they do matter to the story line and the NPC's (if any are involved). Choose to help a town being overrun by mighty Hellspawn, or choose to walk away and leave them to their own devices and fate; it is all your choice! Random encounters and Events give special items, information, money, and experience points. While there are many things happening during the random encounter, there are also numerous ways to end, fix, or flare the situation! If you're really lucky, a random encounter will spawn a special journey for you and/or your teammates! Soooo many possibilities to see and experience!

Just with any popular 'Choose Your Path/Story' game, your decisions will affect real-time. Which means, if you allowed that village to be taken over. . .any possible quests, favors, shops, and special journey that was once available, is NO MORE! However, you may have been a lower level than them. . .so, at least you're still alive, right?! 3nodding Along with those decisions, comes consequences that could affect anything from your alignment, favor with certain deities/demons/spirits, and even your luck counter! Yet, with the bad/good consequences, could come in a form of luck with a special Achievement that could grant anything from a Title, to gold, or even a rare encounter that could offer so much more!

• Classes are very versatile, some could have a sub class, while someone else decided to dual-class. The difference between them would really depend on ALL of your attributes as a whole! Or maybe someone is feeling frisky and wants to try dabbling in three classes! Well, that will be some awesome attributes and skills to work with, but you may have a better chance at working solo than others! Companions is another thing I was to add; people you can hire (by money or calling in favors) to help you travel the land. Delve in dungeons with a hired companion you met in a tavern, who was locally-known for his mastery in fire magick! He may be a bit of a coward, and lacking in the ability to withstand melee attacks, but with your burly muscles and confidence in your steel. . .you suddenly utilize your area-affect aura,'Inspire Shout', and boost the morale of this spellcaster, thus granting him a +3 in spellpower!! Woohoo~ cool wahmbulance

ninja I wish to point out that I will be using common, general-based classes and races that almost any RP/RPG fan would know. I'm not going to force anyone to remember more about their character than need be. Just know that this RP is like a mixture of tabletop/RPG/text-based games. I know, an odd concept, but with the power of imagination; one can create a whole new world! (Which...I mean, it's been done 3nodding )

• Custom Races/Classes heart If you're like me, I get. . .too into my RPs and RPGs. I make it personal, especially in games like D&D (pc/console/or tabletop), Elder Scrolls (ANY), Diablo (Because, yes), Dragon Age ( heart ), Fable (Any), and. . .just about any RPG. However, I'm adding a spin. Because, I've been a writer for 15 years and I believe the mind can view things better than words can. So, if one can read and see the scenes in their mind, anything is possible. Why not make D&D and D&D-related content and make it text-based? I wish to have a go with it, but I need help from some awesome and imaginative people with BIG ideas! If you're feeling the need to immerse yourself in this story of mine with a very personalized race/species and/or class/subclass; FEEL FREE! 3nodding I'm always up to new ideas and I'll even accept some ideas for encounters, events, and storyline/dungeon stuff!

ninja BTW, I LOVE creativity! heart If you enjoy the idea of my story and wish to help me out with planning, I'll offer a special slot for you to have a Second Character! You see, sometimes your character is gonna want a vacation from fighting and questing, so you can retire to a town. . .pay a few coins for a drink and some food, relax! Regain lost stamina and negative affects from battle or running favors all day, give yourself a pat on the back and maybe hit up a local brothel with a pretty local girl, or maybe share a room at the inn with that suave bartender that was giving you 'the eyes' all night~ 4laugh If you go too long without proper sleep, food, and drink. . .the Game Master can even tell you, this is real time stuff, you can't just not drink some water after running a delivery for Miss Honey, which happened to be across town, while it's 99 degrees outside. You're a level 4 Warrior, with no ability score spent in attribute: Strength (base 10). with an athletics skill of only level 2 , you're carrying a tier 3 steel 2-handed weapon on your back, AND tier 2 iron full-heavy armor. This town is rather a hefty population of 50,299, so even if you took off you're helmet. . .you would probably pass out halfway there without rest if you rolled a 2 on the die, since you would have a -4 modifier. Besides, what kind of NoOb uses heavy armor and weapon with that strength, they're about as quick as a slug on concrete in that 99 degree weather! sweatdrop
Example

That's just a basic idea, for those who are familiar with D&D-type stats and such. For those who are not, I promise you, it will all come down to the dice! It's basic math, and I promise to not make it too complicated for you. However, I would suggest either keeping paper/pencil documentation, or perhaps making a customize posting layout that keeps track of everything. Or, you could ask me for a printable character sheet I use from D&D (v5e). I will make sure to highlight the things that I use, so maybe you can get a basic run down. Trust me, the character sheet are A LOT easier to understand now, than they were back in the day. . . gonk

• Skills/Feats/Hobbies wahmbulance Upon going off of what I mentioned earlier, every class has skills attached to them.
Feats D&D
Or even special skills specific to your character!
Wide Variety of Skills
Alignments
Personality
Background

Heck, even your characters religion, personality traits, flaws, strengths, and background could add to their attributes. Really, everything you learn in this world could be seen as an opportunity to learn, grow, and accomplish! Pretty much anything gained by personal experience, hands-on training, or even book knowledge can be used to create your character. Everything can be found in those links, and all over the internet. It really depends on your imagination and drive to create something, out of just mere words!

ninja I know, I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to my RP-ing and my gaming. However, I've been on Writers' Block for almost 5 years... emo I wish to try and get back into my love of writing and roleplaying, while keeping the spirit of my imagination alive. Anyone willing to join and/or help out are welcome to! I like to keep things new, fresh, and interesting. So, I promise that you'll have fun on this journey with me, us, all together!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:08 pm
Reserved

Other Useful Information
Language Examples
Examples of D&D Deities
D&D Races
I'm also going to add an option to roll for a (1 at the start) special trinket of your choice! Feel free to tell me about one you are willing to customize for your character!
D&D Trinkets
D&D Classes
Feel free to create a class of your own, I'll help you do it!
Spells
Want to look into being a magick-wielder? Got a spell of your own you'd like to use? Let me help you!

Of course I want everyone to have everything they want in a character, however, I have to play by some of the D&D and RPG rules. No one can be too OP (over-powered god-modded), it's just no fun for anyone but them! It has to be realistic and everyone has to put in the effort to gain what they desire!

**Will Update**

Sinful Raine

Unsealed Demigod

13,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Sinful Raine rolled 4 6-sided dice: 5, 6, 3, 1 Total: 15 (4-24)

Sinful Raine

Unsealed Demigod

13,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:13 pm
Rolling
The most common way of determining starting ability scores is to roll dice. To do this, roll a d6 four times. Then, add the numbers together while ignoring the lowest roll, meaning that you add only the highest three. This will produce a number between 3 and 18. Repeat this process until you have 6 numbers for your ability scores, then assign them as desired.

Between players, this is often explained as "rolling 4d6 then dropping the lowest number."

* If you're unhappy with your scores, you may ask your DM if you can try again. Many DMs allow players to roll for stats twice then choose which set the player prefers.

{Edit}
So, I rolled a 6-sided die, 4 times.
Princess Sana-Chan rolled 4 6-sided dice: 5, 6, 3, 1 Total: 15 (4-24)
So, technically speaking, I would only add the top three numbers.
5+6+3=15
So, I would have 15 as 1 of my 6 numbers for my 6 abilities!
I would continue this process until I have 6 whole numbers and then I would place them upon my 6 abilities as I desired, taking into consideration of all of my stat boosters throughout the entirety of my character.

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games