Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Private Role-play
It's a trap! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:51 pm
Deadly_Tiger

Ghost_Rios

tigerlvr_bailey

xLulie

Nine1122

User Image

Brian Lasting

Brian looked at the Russian lady and wondered who anointed her the groups designated executioner. "Oh, okay." It was hard to complain about it, if he wasn't going to be eating then there wasn't really cause to kill the guy. He was slightly concerned that the guy might be concealing a power. "And he's definitely docile right? The people that capture deviants would never be deviants themselves." He wondered where Lucy was, she seemed like a voice of reason. He resigned himself to waking up to find the guard and Jessica shaking hands and the rest of them in cages. Arthur walked past, indicating that he knew the reference. Honestly he had been disappointed when nobody called him out sooner. He followed along behind Arthur to where Lucy was delegating tasks. "We just need simple shelters, so how about we suspend some logs off some trees and drape palm leaves over them. Like a tent." They were pretty lacking in supplies, it was dark and raining, a complex build would probably cause more problems. His biggest concern was if the wind caught some unstable wreckage and it all came tumbling down on someone, he decided not to voice that though the girl seemed really excited to help in her own way. "What do you want me to do?" She was the elected leader, he didn't want to just do his own thing and get kicked out for being uncooperative.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:16 pm
User Image
Anastasiya Volkov
Varpulis

Anastasiya rose an eyebrow at the girl telling the guard that no one would give him a second chance. "He doesn't deserve a first." She said, reiterating Nova's point. Indeed, Anna wouldn't have given him a first if she hasn't become interested in what the young girl would do with him. How long until he became too large a burden and she agreed it was best to be done with him? The improvised handcuffs were intriguing, however. Naive, yet clever. Anna looked at Nova with something in between pity and disgust or maybe anger as the girl seemed surprised and excited that she could use her powers. "When the Dominion win, you'll never have to hide your powers again." How could any of their kind fight for the humans?

"People have enslaved their own friends and family throughout history," She gave Carson a pointed look. "But if he had gifts he would have used them when I had him strung up." She answered, writing off Richard's concerns about the guard. It was then that Arthur jogged up, calling up 'Hey, Ringo.' to Richard. The Russian tilted her head for a moment before a soft smile broke on her lips. "Ringo Star." It made sense now why Richard Starsky seemed vaguely familiar. She didn't care what his real name was, or that he had lied about it, but she was intrigued about why he had picked such a famous name. Then again, perhaps his legal name really was Richard Starsky.

Nova ran down the beach with the guard trotting after her. Everyone else was heading up the beach towards the trees. "Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do," She repeated while watching the backs of the other group. Unfortunately, she needed them if she was too get off of this island. Then she started up the beach, speaking to Carson. "They say ignorance is bliss, but ignorance gets you killed. I prefer to know. Though it appears you are the sentimental type. Perhaps that is why you are blind to the gilded cage Providence offers you."

When they reached the tree line, and the rest of the survivors, Lucy was attempting to organize them into getting a shelter. Seeing as she had mostly done her own thing thus far, and hadn't been involved in the discussions of shelter or electing Lucy as 'leader' one might expect Anastasiya to take exception to suddenly being ordered about, but she could see sense when she saw it. "Very well." The Russian said simply before looking up to the treetops. Soon giant palm leaves would come drifting down, guided by the invisible force of Anna's mastery over the air.

xLulie
Ghost_Rios
tigerlvr_bailey
[quotr="nine1122"]
vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:21 pm
"Nothing is True and Everything is Permitted"

User Image

➵Lucy Xiao Long➵

"We'll have to find food and freshwater, but first let's focus on surviving the night." There were a lot of things that needed to be done, as various people in their small group had pointed out. If they were going to survive they needed to prioritize, and first on that list was not dying of hypothermia. Hopefully, the storm would blow over by the morning, and they could get to work on these other tasks. "How long will the rocks glow for?" Lucy asked Jessica. If it was just heat transference that made them glow, it would be only a few short minutes with the storm. If it was something else it could be a lot longer. It really depended on how Jessica's power worked, which at this point Lucy was at a bit of a loss for.

"Outstanding. That'll be incredibly useful." For once Lucy was impressed with Arthur's power. An axe was the best possible weapon for their current situation. Most people's first thought would be a gun and their second would probably be a hunting knife. You needed bullets for a gun, and you couldn't make shelters with a knife. Now if only she could convince Arthur to stop summoning weapons where they were all standing. "That's the general plan." Lucy told Richard, glad at least one person seemed to have some basic survival skills. "We'll have to weigh down the leaves though, or the wind will blow them away." Honestly, that was going to be the hardest part. Lucy inwardly sighed after Richard asked her what to do. Her chances of convincing someone else to take charge seemed to be dwindling by the minute.

"Arthur, if you lend Nova your axe, I'm sure she can cut us down some good-sized trees in no time. Varpulis, if you can cut us down some leaves and use your powers to stop them from immediately blowings away. Jessica and..." She looked over the group. She had a feeling if she sent Richard with Jessica only one of them would be coming back. "Victor, collect some rocks Jessica can use to heat our little makeshift tent. Then the rest of us can hold the leaves while Nova uses the scrap metal to clip the leaves into place." Then all they would need to worry about were deadly snakes and poisonous spiders hiding in the leaves and branches.

March 20th, 2013

xLulie
nine1122
Ghost_Rios
tigerlvr_bailey
vortex2365
[/spoilers]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:24 pm
User Image

Visibly pale and shaken, the guard sort of half jogged and was half pulled but Nova running down the beach. She was much smaller than he, but she pulled him along as if he were a small child. Though it didn't seem possible he went even paler after she commented that watching him would be annoying. Then he gave a nervous nod to her asking him to carry stuff, seemingly having lost his voice, and held out his arms. Even if he did manage to escape where would he go? Was his chance of survival better with a group of Deviants, two of which made it clear they wanted to kill him, or out there on an abandoned island. Once his arms were full, he began to trudge back up the beach.

xLulie
nine1122
Ghost_Rios
tigerlvr_bailey
vortex2365
[/spoilers]

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:16 pm
User Image
< Jessica Bishop - Gunslinger >
Wearing: armor liner - Mood: Paniced - With: Deviants - Gear: Nothing

Looking to Lucy she shrugged. "So long as they don’t crack or impact something they should be good. I... honestly wish I could fully explain it. When I first got my powers I would heat up rocks and toss them." Jessica did know what Lucy was getting at. Heat up the rocks for light and keeping warm till a shelter was probably finished. Looking around the Aussie woman would collect rocks, finding various sizes. "Anything else I can help with?" Wanting to help as much as she could.

Deadly_Tiger

xLuile

Nine1122

vortex2365

[quote="tigerlvr_bailey]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:43 pm
User Image User Image User Image
Arthur Anderson

"Guess so." Arthur replied to Victor who said that the third time had been the charm. We was right, then again if Arthur had kept going it may have been to the benefit of everyone there because he could likely arm them all. Yet because he now held a weapon, he was content. Arthur stood with the group while roles were given out and Anastasiya went on her little tirade about the Dominion. Arthur couldn't care less for the politics but what was one to do in a politicized world? You play the game. But Arthur would not partake in the political game with Carson and Anna, he was playing a survival game instead.

"I could go back for the bowling ball?" Arthur threw out- almost as a joke, when Lucy said they'd need to weigh the leaves down. He held his axe out to the one he'd been told to give it to without much complaint and wiggled his fingers as soon as the axe was out of his hand. He'd summoned another weapon but he was waiting for it to arrive. Arthur cast a quick glance to the sky for the incoming projectile but nothing immediately came... so he continued waiting and watching while the others organized. "Heads up, everyone." Arthur warned the others while he waited.

Date: March 20, 2013 | Company: Other Captives | Powers: Weapon Summoning

xLulie

Deadly_Tiger

Ghost_Rios

tigerlvr_bailey

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

xLulie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:51 pm
User Image

Nova Primrose
Powermouse
"She may be small, but she is mighty"

Nova walked up the beach and towards Lucy with a pile of near impossible parts from the planes to carry. She stayed beside the guard and could see the pale expression on his face, and smiled towards him, being her friendly self. "Do you.. have any power?" she asked the guard, as she then looked ahead and continued to walk to the group.

When they reached the area in which they would begin building, Nova dropped the stuff on the ground and saluted to Lucy. "Are these parts any good? What else do you want me to help with?" she said, evidently super excited to be using her powers finally. It was almost as if Nova didn't quite understand the severity of what was going on, and truth be told, she didn't have a clue.

Ghost_Rios

Deadly_Tiger

[quote="Tigerlvr_Bailey"
[quote="Nine1122"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:32 pm
Deadly_Tiger

Ghost_Rios

tigerlvr_bailey

xLulie

Nine1122

User Image

Brian Lasting

Brian audibly sighed when someone said the name of the celebrity whose name he had taken. It was the sound one made when they were preparing themselves for an onslaught of jokes at their expense. But they never came and he was left to wonder if perhaps they just didn't know who Ringo Starr was. Since there wasn't a follow up he decided to let sleeping dogs lie. "Okay." He assumed he was apart of the leaf collection squad and set about picking up some fronds to look busy. Nova only had one pair of hands and from the looks of it she didn't seem to be interested in pinning leaves to wreckage, only shifting it about. Commendable as that was. He really hoped that Jessica's rocks didn't register on a Geiger counter, though if they did it might go some way to explain why they glowed like mini suns. He frowned, preferring not to think about waking up without teeth or internal sunburn. He stacked the fronds and made a move to collect more. Since it was impossible to dodge whatever Arthur was summoning he wondered why he even bothered to warn anyone. Clearly his mantra was that it was better to ask for forgiveness than permission. He surveyed the area and then looked to Lucy. "We have leaves for days and glowing death rocks. How about we cut down a tree prop it between the scrap stacks and cover it with them." He suggested, aware that this had been her plan from the start but also knowing that aside from the leaves and piles of scrap nobody had made any attempts to actually build anything.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:41 pm
"Nothing is True and Everything is Permitted"

User Image

➵Lucy Xiao Long➵

It seemed Jessica didn't seem to understand very much about her powers, which was probably why her explanations on how it all worked didn't make much sense. Those powers were about to be put to the test though. All of them were. Unless they could start working together, Lucy didn't much like their chances of survival though. She had no intention of being a leader or giving orders, but she feared they would have all died from exposer while bickering on the beach. Even with her taking leadership, the group didn't seem very eager to secure their survival until the next morning. "Only if you promise you are not going to paint a face on it and start calling it Wilson." Lucy replied dryly when Arthur offred to go fetch the bowling ball.

While Jessica and Victor went rock collecting, and the rest set about making sure the palm leaves didn't fly away, Nova came walking up with an impressive pile of scrap from the wreckage. Especially impressive compared to the amount the shaken and shackled guard was carrying. Lucy held out the axe she had borrowed from Arthur towards Nova. "Think you can chop us down a tree to make a lean-to." Lucy somewhat doubted Nova knew what a lean-to was. It just had to be an island full of palm trees didn't? She would have the shelter halfway built by now had their been trees with branches that she could reach. Hoping would go ahead and chop down the tree, Lucy internally slammed her head into a desk when she heard Arthur say 'Heads up, everyone.' At this rate, she would be surprised if they made it until morning. They were all going to be impaled or bludgeoned by weapons falling from the sky. Instead, she made sure to give him wide berth, while taking semi shelter near a tree trunk. The items seemed to fall out of the sky near him. She hoped one didn't cut across the island or something

"That sounds like an excellent plan Ringo. Why hadn't I thought of that?" She answered sarcastically when Brandon reiterated her plan. It seemed she wasn't the only one frustrated with the lack of progress the group had made. "Anything else I can help with?" Lucy looked to Jessica who was asking for another job to do. "Well, once Nova cuts down the tree we can all get to work building our shelter for the night." She gave a sort of shrug to indicate she wasn't sure what they should do in the meantime.

March 20th, 2013

xLulie
nine1122
Ghost_Rios
tigerlvr_bailey
vortex2365
[/spoilers]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:43 pm
User Image
Anastasiya Volkov
Varpulis

While her fellow Aerokinesis in the Dominion, Hurricane, caused large scale destruction, Anastasiya Volkov was all about finesse. Each palm leaf was expertly guided down, despite the winds brought on by the storm. Then as the others grabbed them and weighed them down with the rocks collected by Jessica and Viktor, she brought more until they had quite a few. With her part complete, she went back to putting her efforts into keeping herself dry and joined the other in giving Arthur a lot of personal space. She didn't contribute to the conversation Lucy and Ringo were having, nor did she share her storm protection from them. Then Jessica joined them. "How is it you know so little about your powers?" She asked the young woman blatantly. "You don't even seem to know what your power is besides heating things up."

xLulie
Ghost_Rios
tigerlvr_bailey
[quotr="nine1122"]
vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:45 pm
User Image

The guard looked appalled at Nova's question, before vigorously shaking his head no. Plenty of people hated Deviants. They had torn up most of the world with their war for power. The guard seemed actually offended that Nova would even suggest he could have powers though. Wet, freezing, exhausted and miserable, he dropped his pathetic pile of scrap on the ground next to Nova's and waited dejectedly for him to be ordered about some more.

xLulie
nine1122
Ghost_Rios
tigerlvr_bailey
vortex2365
[/spoilers]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:16 pm
User Image
< Jessica Bishop - Gunslinger >
Wearing: armor liner - Mood: Paniced - With: Deviants - Gear: Nothing

With no new task Jessica would continue to collect stones. Heating a few up so people could be warm. Though a pause came when she was asked how she knew so little about her power, to which the Australian woman gave a small half smile. "Crickey that's a small story ain’t it." Turning to face the Dominion woman she would walk, leading the woman away as she didn’t feel it was anyone else’s to really know. "I’m twenty-seven now, my powers didn’t come till I was about twenty-two. I was a surfer girl, spent my days at the beach in Bondi. One day I didn’t really feel like surfing so I decided to take in the sun. I shifted and heard the breaking of glass. Thought it was a thief but was my powers." Picking up a stone she'd heat it, tossing and watching it explode in a small flame. "Ran home to my old man who designed my armor. It sending heat to boil water the then drops and cools, something science like that. But for the last five years I’ve been experimenting. All I know is I occasionally get overheated and that a need a median or object to use."

Deadly_Tiger

xLuile

Nine1122

vortex2365

[quote="tigerlvr_bailey]

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:25 am
User Image User Image User Image
Arthur Anderson

Arthur stood waiting for a long while in the same place. He knew he'd summoned a weapon and that it was coming but it was taking an awfully long time. A horrible thought crossed his mind, what if he'd stolen the weapon of an archer and was calling down a hail of arrow upon the group this very second? Arthur took a few steps to the side. The weapon would land relatively where he was... relatively. About a full minute later a vase came flying out of the sky and shattered onto the ground next to Arthur who flinched when it happened. "s**t. I'll try again." Arthur held up his hand- no one having suggested he stop raining weapons and him still thinking it a good idea to arm themselves, and wiggled his fingers.

This time the reaction was much faster. It took only about a minute until a katana crashed into the ground like a gift from the gods. Arthur unsheathed it from the dirt it had landed in and held it up victoriously for a moment before reaching his hand up to do it again.

Date: March 20, 2013 | Company: Other Captives | Powers: Weapon Summoning

xLulie

Deadly_Tiger

Ghost_Rios

tigerlvr_bailey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:20 pm
Nova

Nova looked at the axe in the woman's hand, an expression on her face that obviously showed she had never been asked or trusted to use her power. She took the axe whilst nodding in acknowledgement of her instructions, chopping a tree down couldn't be too hard for the girl with super strength. For a bit of fun, Nova made a funny war cry sound as she pretended to swipe the axe for the guard, stopping just before his head she burst out laughing. "Just kidding!", she yelled as she then pointed the axe towards Anastasiya, "It's not me that'll be killing you!" she added with a wink at him. Gesturing him to follow her, "Comon! Let's get this tree chopped!" she said, placing the axe over her shoulder she went to the tree Lucy instructed to be chopped down.

"TIMBERRRRRRRR!!" she yelled, as she did what Lucy asked in two chops from the axe. The tree would come down on top of no-one, and once again Nova grinned at Lucy and the others like a star pupil of some kind. Once again the man summoned a weapon from the sky, she jumped almost like an overexcited child, "WOAH!! SO COOL!!".

(Using a s**t old ipad guys - have no posting format so its a shite short post sorry!)  

xLulie

Private Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces