Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Knapp House Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 5:43 pm
❦ Dominik ❦ Knapp ❦
❦7 Years Old❦
Future Activities

User Image
▬▬"Goodbye. I'm off to join the circus."▬▬

Dominik glanced up at the girl who had talked to her, she was around the same age as Miss Rhea, Game Master Aidene, and Brook. Her hopes of getting this girl to help her with cartwheels and Aerials was dashed, when she said that Dominik was better than she was at her age, she didn't need some older girl helping if she wasn't going to be useful. She would stick with the cloud talk, maybe if she thought light fluffy thoughts she could do her flips, "I don't think they're bored or lazy, they're busy staying up, not falling down and becoming fog. They don't need picnics, clouds don't eat, duh."

While Dominik had been talking to the new girl, Deepak murmured quiet nods."uh huh. uh huh" Then after a long moment he realized she had asked him a question. "...I think that cloud in the center right there is a stag. But not like a real stag, just a horse with antlers....DoDo, do you think stags are just horses with antlers? What if they got cursed with antlers?"

Dominik sighed at Deepak, he had just disregarded that they had a visitor! But it was a great question, "I... I don't think they are, stags are more... staggy than horses? What about you Miss Lady, do you think stags are horses with antlers, or they're just stags? Oooo DeeDee, what if the cloud is a reindeer, because reindeer can fly, Stags can't."

Deepak didn't answer Dominik or let the other lady answer, instead he continued on his own train of thought, "I think we're having a picnic, there was pig in the kitchen because smell, but Finch wouldn't let me see because I was being nosey she said."

Dominik perked up again, remembering the previously mentioned food, "It is almost lunch time. Miss Lady, do you want to eat with us? I think Brook and Aidene are coming over, Chadwick and Cenek are at our Grammy's house, so they won't be here, but Aldrick and Lizzie might show up too! Erikk and Flick probably won't be here long... they're too little. But we're big kids, we can be out here all we want, we're big enough to even be left home alone sometimes. Isn't that amazing?" Dominik started to ramble, and if she hadn't of stopped to take a deep breath, she would have just kept going.

▬▬"Oh, maybe I'll wait until after dinner."▬▬

Where & Who: Dominik and Deepak at the Knapp Backyard Summer 2049
Thinking about: Why are clouds so poofy? Are they happy?
Dominik Description: 3'10" tall, Blue Eyes
Deepak Description: NPC - Same hair and eye color as Dominik; 3'9"
Wearing: Purple shorts, green tanktop

addaellis

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:21 am

User Image
You'll never know
The ways your words have haunted me
I can't believe you'd ask these things of me
You don't know me now or ever
Soon my love, you'll see
You're just like me
Don't scream anymore, my love
'Cause all I want is you.

❅➳CELESTINA EPSIL HYUR

39 years || Gryffindor Alumna || halfblood
Artificer, Thief, former ice skater

The little girl pointed out that the clouds weren’t lazy at all and that they didn’t need to eat. Celestina hummed thoughtfully. She liked foggy and misty weather actually, so she would rather the clouds be lazy and fall down. “Perhaps. Perhaps at cloud picnics they just drink rain and comment on all the humans down below. ‘I wonder how this spirited little fairy doing cartwheels at us feels’.” she said with a little smile to show she was only kidding.

The boy, “DeeDee” apparently, remarked that one cloud looked like a stag...or a horse with antlers. Celestina looked up at the sky again, trying to find which cloud was the supposed stag cloud. Then the girl, “DoDo” turned the question towards her. Thankfully, DeeDee rambled on about picnics and lunches, and Dodo was just as easily distracted so she didn’t actually have to come up with something to say about stags being horses.

DoDo launched into an informative ramble: The C-kids weren’t there, B was with Aidene, A and presumably would be there with...a friend? And there were E and F kids now too, of course. “Finch” wasn’t a child--perhaps Kandace had finally gotten another house elf? It seemed Aidene hung out around the Knapps plenty. Perhaps convincing her would be more difficult than anticipated.

”Are you sure?” Celestina gazed down the road. ”I wouldn’t want to intrude.” she said, peeking open her picnic basket to reveal a few cold sandwiches and a bottle of iced tea. ”I only had some sandwiches because I thought I was going to be eating alone, but I’m happy to share.”

setting Godric's Hollow, Early Summer 2049 || with Two little Knapplings
wearing red summer dress || status Oh sweet, innocent DoDo.

I'm losing my mind
and you just stand there
And stare as my world divides
You belong to me
My snow while queen
There's nowhere to run
So let's just get it over
➳❅
"Snow White Queen" by Evanescence, piano cover by The Musical Midget

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:11 pm
❦ Dominik ❦ Knapp ❦
❦7 Years Old❦
Future Activities

User Image

Spirited little fairy? There was not little fairy? Unless this new girl was referring that Dominik was a fairy? Dominik shrugged, oh well, maybe the new girl was crazy. "Yes! Come eat with us, save your sandwiches for snack time. Aidene will bring some sort of baked good, but if she says Brook made it don't eat it. It's poisoned." It wasn't actually poisoned, just absolutely disgusting. Dominik stood up, and went for another Side Aerial, when she then fell again without landing on her feet. Maybe she should just stick with cartwheels while outside, so they didn't have another trip to hospital. "I think you'll like Aidene and Brook, they're closer to your age than you are to ours. Maybe you can play with them, they like having friends too."

Dominik looked longingly at the sandwiches though, with the basket opened, sure hse had just said save the sandwiches but...."If you're going to shar eoverall with our family and friends... can I have a sandwich?"

Deepak looked up at the new girl, and quickly stood up, "DoDo, let's take her inside so she can see all the insides and see mom."

Dominik grinned, of course they needed to take the girl to meet their mom, if only so there was plenty of room and enough plates for everyone.

Where & Who: Dominik and Deepak at the Knapp Backyard Summer 2049
Thinking about: Food though
Wearing: Purple shorts, green tanktop

addaellis

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 6:17 pm

User Image
You'll never know
Soon my love, you'll see
You're just like me

❅➳CELESTINA EPSIL HYUR

Sweet innocent DoDo told her to stay for lunch. Save your sandwich for a snack--and immediately asked for some of the sandwich. You would think Kadence didn’t feed her children. She didn’t cherish them. ”Um, sure, Celestina said, opening the basket and kneeling to eye level with the child so she could pick a sandwich. "Just chicken, pesto and lettuce, but please, have some."

DoDo was as informative as ever: Aidene was apparently quite an adept cook. Or at least better than B-Knapp was. And they enjoyed friends. She hadn’t been able to tell last time she spoke with the child: Aidene had seemed tense and awkward the same way her father was--she spoke more about games than about life. She spoke like she had too much going on--things that ought to have been fun and relaxing were intense “projects”. But DoDo seemed to think Aidene was friendly and playful. Celestina wasn’t sure what to make of it yet--had the child changed so much in two years? Or was DoDo simply too young to be a reliable judge of character?

DeeDee presently stood up and invited her inside to see the house. Were all children so innocent and welcoming? No, Aidene had looked ready to run or fight last time Celestina was there. It was just sweet, precious angels DeeDee and DoDo. ”Oh, we’re eating inside?” she wondered, letting the children tug her along. Celestina hadn’t seen Kandace in years. Not since--not since she lived in Godric’s Hollow, almost fifteen years ago.

Inside, Celestina looked around. The entire place felt like walking into the distant past that was somehow...wrong. The couch wasn’t quite right. The cabinets felt a shade off from her memories. The table--definitely bigger. But she followed her innocent little guides as they showed off their home to a stranger and refreshed her mental layout of the space.

She could hear Aidene’s voice now, asking Knapp-girl if Lane-girl was going to be there and discussing desserts. Celestina smiled pleasantly. It seemed history was determined to bring their families together each generation.

setting Godric's Hollow, Early Summer 2049 || with Two little Knapplings
wearing red summer dress || status Oh sweet, innocent DeeDee.

”Stefan Lee Salvatore"

I'm losing my mind
and you just stand there
You belong to me
My snow while queen
There's nowhere to run
➳❅

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 6:31 pm
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

fifth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club doodler || Astronomy Club pâtissière || Adventurer's Guild warlock || Cooking Club challenger
Dueling Club duelist || Fencing club senior || Fite Club founder || Quidditch beater

Summer had started, which meant after a solid weekend of lazing around on the game couch trying again to convince her dad that “if you don’t play a cute khajiit girl, run stealth archer and shoot everyone in the knee, then what even is the point?”, Aidene was back to a busy schedule of baking lessons with Master Theo, kung-fu practice, with arts and crafts, cooking, and video games stuffed every spare moment in between. Aidene spent the entire morning--as soon as she was up anyways--in the kitchen, baking cakes and going back and forth about what her dad was doing since his retirement from the game house in spring.

”So does this mean you’ll finally have time to write that Fairy Forest campaign?” Aidene piped as she handed her dad a bowl. ”Wash this.”

Martin laughed. It had been a long-time joke that he was going to write a Dungeons and Dragons campaign around her favorite things from Celtic mythology. ”If that’s still what you want to play? I’m surprised you haven’t written it yourself.”

Aidene stopped, twirling her testing spoon around and suddenly thinking it over. Why hadn’t she thought of it before? She probably could write a mythology based campaign now. She had leveled up enough in gaming that she could DM, and enough in mythology that she could reliably reference it. Hey, Rhea’s Month-Boy apparently wrote short stories based on his class work. She totally could write a campaign! ”I bet Professor Harlowe would even let me turn it in as homework!” she exclaimed.

”Just make sure you plan enough time to get your other homework done. This is your OWLs year,” Martin nudged. ”Speaking of plans, how much more are you making? Weren't you going to shower and change before going?”

With a squawk, Aidene tossed the spoon in the sink and ran upstairs. When she came back down, a change of clothes in hand, she called: "If the oven beeps check the cakes before taking them out!"

In any case, it was a bit after their appointed time when Aidene showed up at the Knapp house, bearing two large boxes laden with bite-sized cakes and baked fruit strudels. ”Brook! Sorry I’m late.” She excitedly wondered what Mama Knapp and Finch had made for lunch and if Rhea was going to join them. ”I’ve a bunch of cake flavors for you to try! Master Theo is prepping to open his own shop, so he has lots of things to decide. It was like when Rion did his menu, except with pastries. So I made a bunch of cake in honor of that. Although, if the strudel glaze is messy, that's because my dad did half of them. Mine are the cute ones.”

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Tell me where do I go
Tell me where do I take us
Your heart is starting to slow
May the water be safer
As I dive in

~"As We Fall" from League of Legends.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 7:44 am
❦ Dominik ❦ Knapp ❦
❦7 Years Old❦
Future Activities

User Image

Dominik laughed when the girl said that they were eating inside, "Of course not, we'll eat outside, but the food gets cooked inside." Dominik took Celestina to the kitchen and showed her to Mama Knapp, "Mom, this is our new friend! She's going to join us for lunch okay?" She grinned, and realized she didn't even know the girls name, oh well, who needed names.

When Brook heard Aidene coming inside with baked goods she ran downstairs, where she had been banished to stay out of the lunch food(and study for OWLs). "AIDENE! YOU BROUGHT FOOD. I HAVEN'T EATEN IN YEARS." She reached toward one of the boxes and pulled the corner of it open, trying to grab something, and that's when Mama came out from around the corner of the kitchen, pushing past Dominik, Deepak, and some other girl, slapping Brooks hand.

"You will not eat those before you'd had a proper lunch, Brook Rebecca. You just ate half an hour ago anyways. Aidene darling, can you sit those just by the back door, Finch and I can bring them out when everything is ready. Why don't you girls go play or something?" She then looked at the girl Dominik had tried introducing, she looked vaguely familiar? Eh, maybe the girl had been by before. "Welcome to the Knapp House, what was your name again? I hope these two didn't bother you too much." She ruffled their heads a bit, and continued speaking, "Feel free to go upstairs with Aidene and Brook if you'd like. They're much closer to your age I believe. Dominik, why don't you show her the way to your bedroom with the girls?"

Dominik frowned at potentially losing a friend, but she could hang out with Aidene, she didn't usually kick her out. Deepak frowned, he hated being stuck with the girls but no one else was here. Dominik took the girl's hand after she had answered Mama, and began to drag her upstairs, "Come on, let's goooo."

Where & Who: D Twins; Brook; Summer 2049
Thinking about: Food though
Dominik Description: 3'10" tall, Blue Eyes wearing Purple shorts, green tanktop
Brook Description: 5'4.5" tall with brown hair and blue eyes. Wearing: Black shorts, dark blue top

addaellis

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:49 pm

User Image
You'll never know
Soon my love, you'll see
You're just like me

❅➳CELESTINA EPSIL HYUR

Celestina followed DoDo with DeeDee at her other side. She smiled politely at Kandace-- Kandace didn’t know this face. She was just another face in the crowd for now. That’s when a girl came stomping down the stairs, screaming for Aidene. Kandace slapped B-Knapp’s hand away, saying she had just eaten. Celestina resisted the urge to frown. How unruly. At least it cleared up that Kandace did indeed feed her children. But she also hit them. Celeste would never strike anyone, much less a child. Kandace didn’t understand how fortunate she was to have such understanding children.

”Hullo,” Celestina greeted. Aidene greeted her with a funny face that settled into a grin before going with B-Knapp--Brook-- to drop off whatever snacks Brook had tried to steal. Celestina moved like flowing water--smoothly, each movement a natural continuation of the previous one; even now, there was a gentle flow to her movement and language, like a creek trickling through reeds. To her, Aidene moved and spoke like sparks--jumping this way one minute and that was the other, back and forth. Sudden, untethered--she didn’t like it. Celestina could tell the difference between them just in their walking. She preferred the light, dance-like steps of DoDo and DeeDee, and their youthful innocence.

“Gabriela Engels,” Celestina introduced when Kandace asked her name. She named the friendly old innkeeper who lived near the post office. ” I’m...somehow related to Mr. Engels? Great granddaughter of his cousin’s stepbrother or something like that. My mum was friends with his late wife. I’m just here for the summer on vacation. Thank you for inviting me to lunch, Mrs. Knapp. Oh no! Do--Dominik and her brother have been very friendly and sweet--not a bother at all! ”

DoDo--Dominik took her hand and started leading her upstairs. Celestina thanked Kadence again, trying not to think about how she was six years older than this woman, and followed a few steps. She was a few steps up when she noticed DeeDee frowning. She shifted the picnic basket to the crook of her arm and held her hand to the boy. “Would you like to join us DeeDee? Oh, do you mind if I call you DeeDee? You can call me Gabriela, or Gabby?”

Upstaires, Aidene introduced herself as obnoxiously as ever: ”Sorry for not introducing myself earlier. Aidene Azura Kieran, cooking and combat dual-class.”

“Gabriela Engels, umm… I croquet and do archery?” She had hoped Aidene had outgrown her silly “class” system. Not even Martin spoke like that!

setting Godric's Hollow, Early Summer 2049 || with DeeDee and DoDo and other children.
appearance 5'6", 120 lbs || wearing red summer dress
status Who would make a good assistant?

Also Celestina in about 6 months: //shoots Aidene with a bow and arrow.

EDITED. This was recreated because I accidentally edited over it. Hopefully things are close enough.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

I'm losing my mind
and you just stand there
You belong to me
My snow while queen
There's nowhere to run
➳❅

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:10 pm
❦ Dominik ❦ Knapp ❦
❦7 Years Old❦
Future Activities

User Image

That summer, the twins invited their new friend Gabriela over a lot, she was older, but she was so much nicer than Aidene and Brook were. They decided she was their friend, and hoped she would stay. Today, was a few weeks after the older kids had gone back to Hogwarts. Mama Knapp had gone off on a brief errand, something about Doctors and the kids and taking Finch to help if needed. Dominik and Deepak were big enough, they could be left alone for at least an hour. They were both in the kitchen, doing school work. Mama Knapp had left a pot boiling on the back eye, and made sure they knew not to touch it. It was supposed to be dinner tonight, some sort of stew?

Of course, the twins hoped that their new friend would show up, they hadn't seen her in weeks, maybe she was also a Hogwarts student? She hadn't said, but they didn't ask either. But if she were here... they could get snacks. Dominik sighed, and stood from the table, and did a hand stand in the middle of the floor, "I'm tired of doing homework DeeDee."

Where & Who: Dominik and Deepak in kitchen
WhenL Fall 2049
Thinking about: Why does school work stink so badly
Wearing: yellow top, black leggings
OOC: Skipped previous posting cycle to be able to get plot in before the total year ended

addaellis

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:21 pm

User Image
You'll never know
Soon my love, you'll see
You're just like me

❅➳CELESTINA EPSIL HYUR

Celestina would have left Godric’s Hollow the first day, if it weren’t for Dominik and Deepak, the sweet angels. Aidene was incorrigible and obnoxious. It was for the twins that Celestina had spent all summer masquerading as Gabriela Engels. But summer came to an end and eventually Gabriela was supposed to bid farewell to the Knapps. Celestina spent a few days in Scarborough with her stepfather, the only person she could trust, she thought. Then she returned to Sisikon. She had no new items for her collection, but the summer had been...nice, all things considered. There was not a word until she was invited to spend a weekend at the Knapp House. The older students would still be away at Hogwarts, but Gabriela did not have the same schedule restrictions. It would just be her and her young friends.

It was a few days before their supposed reunion. If any of the denizens of Godric’s Hollow were legilimens, they would have sensed a completely different person who arrived that day. Celestina’s spell-development projects were all running into walls or falling apart before her eyes. And then, only a few weeks ago, a horrible train accident in Sisikon had changed Celestina’s entire mind on children. Alarick did not deserve Dominik and Deepak. Kandace was too busy-- a couple missing children would hardly escape her notice. The house-elf was a coward and the other siblings were either away or too young to know. The Knapps did not deserve the angels.

She saw Kandace leave with Finch and the younger two. Celestina smoothed her dress and entered the house.

Dominik and Deepak were working at the table in the kitchen. She had arrived in time to hear DoDo say she was tired of homework. Soon, perhaps, she wouldn’t have to do homework again. There was already a small fire on the stove-- simply a boost would do then. Celestina didn’t like working with fire-- too uncontrolled, too unrefined-- but it would do. Celestina cast two nonverbal stunning spells on the unsuspecting children, then turned her wand to the fire and pot. She cast the spell.

A small explosion burst from the pot, and the fire quickly caught, cinders eating at anything around.

They do not deserve them, Celestina reminded herself. She hesitated as she went back the way she came. They were her friends too though. Even if Gabriela was a lie, the interactions had felt real. The crackle of flame reminded her the fire was cast--around them, the fire was spreading faster, taking over the kitchen.

She flicked her wand around and cast a levitation spell, then escaped like water, flowing swiftly back the way she came.

Celestina set Dominik down in the Lane’s garden next door safe enough from the fire. She did a double take. Was Dominik...waking up already? No, that was impossible.

Rest, sweet angel. You will never know me. She kissed DoDo’s hair as a promise. She didn’t have time to linger longer. The entrances of the house were already clogged with smog and she had a feeling someone had already noticed the smoke.

Reluctantly, Celestina headed back inside the house for the charred body of a little boy.

setting Late September 2049, One toasty Knapp House. || with Sweet little angels DeeDee and DoDo
appearance 5'6", 120 lbs || wearing Dress in White
statusSoon my love, you'll see, you're just like me. Don't scream anymore, my love, cause all I want is you.

I'm losing my mind
and you just stand there
You belong to me
My snow while queen
There's nowhere to run
➳❅

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:42 pm
❦ Dominik ❦ Knapp ❦
❦7 Years Old❦
Future Activities

User Image

Dominik blinked her eyes and saw the sky? Had she been dreaming about doing homework? That's terrible - it meant she needed to go back and finish it. Mama had gone to run errands, she was sure of that or she wouldn't be outside right now. She tried sitting up, but couldn't, that was weird. Maybe she was still dreaming? It was warm, too warm. She rolled her head to the side, and saw... her house was on fire. She pushed hard to get into a sitting position. Where was Deepak, he wasn't next to her. How had she gotten out of the fire? Oh now... had they accidentally caught the kitchen on fire? Mama was going to be so mad when she got home.

Wait. Deepak. He was still inside. "Deepak?" She said softly, trying to yell but not being able to get any louder. That was when she saw an angel walking out of the fire, unharmed. But.. who was the angel carrying? It was Deepak, Dominik was sure of it. She would know her brother anywhere. "DEEDEE!" She said somewhat loudly. The angel glanced her way, smiled, shook her head, then...vanished. with Deepak. No no no no no. She couldn't take Deepak, that was her brother. She saw another figure, running out of the fire. Maybe... that was Deepak? No.. it was an adult. They were carrying a small body.

She heard familiar voices, Mrs. Lane from next door, and Mr. Kieran. They were... yelling her name? No, they needed to go after Deepak. She was fine, she tried to tell them as such, "The angel! Mrs. Lane! The Angel took Deedee! Bring him back! Bring my Brother back! Mr. Kieran! Don't just stand there, help me! Help him!" she began bawling harder, the adults didn't understand. Her brother had been taken by that pretty lady, that angel in white. Mrs. Lane scooped Dominik up, and held her tightly, she was whispering, what? that it would be okay? It wouldn't be, they wouldn't go get her brother... no one would listen.

She heard a woman announce, "We have a boy, about 7, maybe 8. Already gone when we arrived. No significant features, burnt beyond recognition."

Dominik shook her head, he wasn't gone... he was kidnapped... he had to come back... That couldn't be her brother.

Where & Who: Dominik on the ground
When: Fall 2049
Thinking about: Bring him back
Deepak Description: NPC - Charcoal
Dominik Wearing: yellow top, black leggings
OOC: Second post for funeral / Kid's reactions to the death incoming shortly

addaellis

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:51 am
Deepak Funeral - Fall 2049
*Post will start with Focus on Aldrick and work it’s way until the Parents*
Aldrick ~ Gryffindor 7th YearBrook ~ Ravenclaw 5th Year
Cenek ~ Ravenclaw 2nd YearChadwick ~ Slytherin 2nd yearDominik ~ Age: 7

NPCs:
Alarick ~ Father ♥ Kandace ~ Mother ♥Erikk ~ Age: 3 ♥ Flick ~ Age: 1 ♥

This was all too soon. This was not supposed to happen. He was supposed to be at school now, studying for NEWTs, making out with Lizzie, making fun with August, annoying his sister for being prefect, and watching over Chadwick and Cenek. He was not supposed to be in his hometown. He was not supposed to be at a funeral. He most certainly should not have been at the funeral for his 7 year old brother. He was surprised when Lizzie, August, Xavier, and Jess had all said they would come if they were allowed. They didn’t of course, the family said they would just have a small family gathering, maybe a memorial for the friends when the kids weren’t all in school. Did friends really matter though? No, they didn’t. Not when your brother was gone. Aldrick’s biggest regret was not having answered Deepak’s latest letter. He wanted to know what kind of creatures he could raise in secret from their mom. Aldrick hadn’t answered because he was too busy, but had he been? Couldn’t he have snuck in a few extra seconds to write a responsible answer? Now, he never would be able to tell him about sneaking in tiny critters and hiding them, never tell him about love, about friends, nothing. He was gone, and he wasn’t coming back. Maybe, from now on, Aldrick wouldn’t spend as much time with studies, spend more time with family. That would be best.

Brook thought it was weird, when they got a letter addressed to everyone of their family. She gathered up her siblings, before opening it. Assumingly, their mom had gone and gotten pregnant again, and had complications? That would be the only thing possible right? No. She was very wrong. Deepak was gone, Dominik was in the hospital, and their house was gone almost completely. All that food... gone. Not to mention her study boards for winter break, so she would stay on track for her OWLs. Worst of all, she wouldn’t get to watch Dominik and Deepak do their twin gymnastic routine with Rhea supervising. Rhea, Aidene, and Gus had given her support during this, she was thankful for it. They said they would help her keep up with her studies, but it just wasn’t the same. However, she also just...wanted to be alone. She wanted to hug Dominik, and never let her out of her sight. She didn’t want to touch her instruments again, Deepak had enjoyed them so much, and had encouraged her to play while he did his gymnastics. She kept hoping this was a joke, especially as Dominik cried that her brother wasn’t dead, he was taken by the angel. Brook’s heart broke for her sister, Dominik was just too young to understand.

Brook glared toward her mom though and whispered, ”This is all your fault.” If their mom had just been watching the kids and being attentive like a normal mother would, Deepak would still be here. It was a kitchen accident, a stove fire that went out of control. Their mom wasn’t neglectful, sure she got them clothes, fed them, whatever. But, there was just a bit of absentmindedness in her mom, that she didn’t see with Mrs. Lane or anyone else’s moms. Brook knew who to blame, and it would not be little Deepak, it would not be little Dominik, it would be her Mom for leaving.

Cenek knew this was a prank. Deepak wasn’t gone, it just couldn’t be so. Dominik said he wasn’t gone, so of course he wasn’t. Dominik knew the best of all the siblings about her brother. He told Sparrow that he didn’t believe that Deepak was gone, Sparrow.. Wasn’t as sure. She was supportive of him though, even when Chadwick glared at her for it. Cenek didn’t think that they were actually putting Deepak in the ground, they couldn’t. He was alive. He had to be. Cenek whispered to himself, ”I’m going to find him. Once I know enough magic, I’m going to find him. We have to.” The adults had given up already, everyone had given up already on what Dominik said, he wouldn’t, he would remember.

Chadwick, couldn’t believe it. Archer had been supportive of the twins during all of this. Why was this twerp of a trumpeter being nice to both twins? How was his sworn enemy being so kind? Chadwick shook his head, no, Finley couldn’t be Chadwick’s enemy. No more of that. In the end, what use was an enemy? Chadwick knew, after the funeral, after they had mourned, he was going to apologize to Finley for the way he acted. He had acted similarly to Deepak, laughing at his gymnastics, it was so girly he said. And now, Deepak was gone. Chadwick couldn’t take it back. Were his insults the reason why this had happened? The world’s way of saying “Haha you messed up.” It had to be, there was no reason for the world to take Deepak, to leave Dominik without her twin. Chadwick didn’t know what he would do without Cenek, they had always had each other, and always would. Now, Dominik was alone, where she had never been for the past 7 years. How would the family get through this? How would she? He sat down on the ground, and he pulled Dominik with him, and wrapped her in a hug.

Dominik was pulled to the ground, Chadwick was hugging her. He didn’t usually show affection but... he understood. He had a twin. She whispered to him, ”Chad... he’s still out there. I saw an angel carry him away. I’m going to find that angel, and I’m going to bring him back one day.” She felt a kiss on her forehead, and Chadwick whispered in her ear, ”I hope you don’t go hunting for him for a very long time Dodo, Mama is going to need you here more than ever. How about you just, wait it out a little bit okay? See if he comes back?” Dominik nodded, she knew that Chadwick would understand. Chadwick however, knew that Dominik would never find her twin, but she didn’t need to know that... not now. When they began putting the casket in the hole, Dominik tried running away, but chadwick held her tightly, ”Don’t put that there! He’s coming back! You’re going to make him confused if he sees that when he comes back!” They didn’t understand - they wouldn’t.

Kandace had been through a week, it was just a simple little errand. Nothing she hadn’t done before. Except this time, something went wrong, the kitchen caught on fire, the house had caught on fire, her little boy was gone. Dominik had gotten out, but Deepak hadn’t been so lucky. There was an investigation, as if losing her kid wasn’t hard enough. She considered moving back in with her parents, they would have taken them, but instead she moved next door with Delia Lane. Might as well keep the children where they were most familiar with the others. The cause of death was smoke inhalation, of course it was. Dominik kept swearing that someone had taken Deepak, an angel. Of course Dominik was lucky enough to see her brother crossover, the two were twins after all. Dominik wouldn’t accept that he was gone though. One day he would realize that she wouldn’t have a twin anymore, but for now, Kandace just let Dominik think that they could get Deepak back, she would explain soon.

Alarick... didn’t know what to think. He had been overseas working, when he got a letter from Kadence, their house was burned and Deepak was gone. He came over as he could. He took care of the kids, and the arrangements. Kandace wasn’t taking it well, blaming herself. It was just as much his fault as it was hers, he could have worked more from home, but instead he never put in a request to work from closer. Now, his son was dead. Sure, he had probably only seen Deepak less than 50 times in the past 7 years, but that was his kid. He made a promise, he would try to be home more often, he could do it, put a bit more money toward portkeys.

Suddenly, they were lowering the small coffin into the ground, the Knapps realized they didn’t hear a word the Preacher had said. They each put a flower on his coffins, and a bit of dirt, and said their goodbyes (except for Dominik, who kept saying Deepak was coming back). The funeral was over - they gathered in the Lane’s backyard for a lunch that their neighbors had prepared together. Nothing would be the same for the Knapps, but they had to keep going - they had to keep taking care of each other.

Quote:
Quote:

[color=olive][b]Aldrick[/b][/color]
[color=#FF43A4][b]Brook[/b][/color]
[color=#8FD8D8][b]Cenek[/b][/color]
[color=indigo][b]Chadwick[/b][/color]
[color=#39e5b9][b]Dominik[/b][/color]

[/spoiler][/align]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:18 am
User ImagexFINCHxxxTHExxxHOUSE-ELFx☒▢
Middle Aged || Knapp Family House Elf

Deepak was gone.

Finch stood next to Mistress Kandace, one tight hand on Baby Erikk, already a few inches taller than her. She held on tightly, as though Erikk too would suddenly vanish away like his brother had. This was Finch’s fault, no doubt. If she was faster at learning, then Mistress Kandace would not have to still cook and have left the stew. If she had better organized the documents, then Mistress Kandace would not have needed to go on the doctor errand. If she had just stayed up a little longer last night with Deepak and Dominik last night, perhaps they would have been playing outside instead of in the kitchen when the accident happened.

She remembered all the times she was snippy with the young boy, telling him “Feet off the table” or to “Pick up quickly”. Regret. She remembered how Deepak would pause between his schoolwork or gymnastics practice to ask distracted questions. Bittersweetness. She remembered listening to Deepak and Dominik concocting outlandish stories and tall tales. There would be no more stories. Mourning. She desperately wanted to believe Dominik’s notion that Deepak was still alive. But taken by an angel--people did not come back from the realm of angels and spirits.

Finch did not know the older children or the Master as well, having only a few breaks to get to know them. But even she saw how they were not alright. Cenek and Chadwick-- they seemed to be opposed but not at odds, neither against the other. She couldn’t help but look at the boys and wonder if they saw the frailty of their own twin in this event. Brook--it seemed like the vivacity had been sucked out of her. Brook blamed Mistress Kandace, but the young girl could not understand--that Mistress Kandace blamed herself as well for this terrible, horrible thing. She mustn’t make Brook blame Mistress Kandace as well. It was not her fault. Finch had to do better. And Aldrick--the eldest Knapp child seemed smaller. Perhaps it was because Finch had always seen him surrounded by his friends or siblings, but now he seemed to shrink into himself. When she looked at the other Knapps, each suffering in a very different way, Finch thought how each of them had had a different relationship with Deepak, and now Deepak was gone.

Alone. Finch supposed in death everyone was alone. In dying. And in mourning. She set the flower she had been given onto the coffin and whispered farewell to one of her favorite charges: ”Goodbye, Deepak. Sleeps in peace. We misses you already.”

setting Deepak's Funeral, Fall 2049 || with Knapp Family || status mournful and guilty

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
To Do:
▢ Wash dishes for lunch
▢ Dinner
▢ Assist with repairs

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:22 am
User Image
Take my love, take my land.
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don’t care, I’m still free.
You can’t take the sky from me.

MARTINxxxTIRxxxKIERAN
41 || video game coach || pureblood squib

••´º´•» 👾 «•´º´••

“The Angel took DeeDee! Bring him back! Don’t just stand there, Help me! Help him!”

There had been smoke and cinders. Splinters and ashes. But there had been no sign beyond the unrecognizably burnt body. Dominik had seen an Angel take Deepak--an apparation? The ghost of Deepak? There had been no sign of another person, but Domnik’s insistence seemed so genuine…it seemed odd certainly, but this was something best left to the authorities or a magical investigator to chase.The last thing he wanted was for Dominik to go wandering off trying to find Deepak and the Angel herself.

Martin was ashamed he didn’t know Deepak better. He remembered Deepak as a generally quiet boy who, along with his twin, would suddenly come up with the most random comments. Deepak had once told him that the reason why the entire wizarding world didn’t have video games was because a Hogwarts professor didn’t want students to be playing games in class. He had seemed oddly certain about it for a solid week, then seemingly forgot about it.

He followed the Knapps back to the Lane house quietly. He’d offered his house just in case,, but it made sense for them to stay together. Martin paused in the garden, looking over at the debris that hadn’t been cleared yet. Magic sped things up, but some things couldn’t be so simply repaired. Maybe... he could offer something for when they were rebuilding and refurnishing.

👾👾👾

setting Deepak's Funeral, Fall 2049 || with Knapp Family and neighbors
appearance 5'11", 170 lbs || wearing funeral suit
status Looking for ways to help out.

//OOC: If you want, we can make a short conversation of this! Otherwise just leaving these here.
[quotex=”Stefan Lee Salvatore”]

Take me out, to the black
Tell 'em I ain't coming back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
"Ballad of Serenity" by Sonny Rhodes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Knapp House
xxxWʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Various Knapps
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Chaos, Absolute Chaos.
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This place gives me flashbacks

Finley tugged on his comfy tee-shirt and slipped on his worn shoes. He awkwardly hugged Roxanne, then went into the kitchen to find his dad. "Hey, it's almost 2, I'm gonna floo out. I'll be back before dinner, and if not I'll let you know." After a small wave, Finley flooed. As soon as he arrived in the Knapp house, he instantly wished he hadn't. It was crazy, chaotic, and loud. No wonder Chadwick had been a cranky demon. It was so hectic! Part of his brain remembered the chaos of Wool's orphanage, and immediately Finley felt a rush of calm. He'd survived this for years, he could do it for a couple more hours.

There was a small, dark-haired child near the floo, so Finley took a chance. "Excuse me, my name's Finley. I'm supposed to be meeting Chadwick. Do you know where he is?" He ran a hand through his hair, messing up the style that he'd spent time putting in. He took another look around, spotting boxes (probably for the eldest Knapp sister, who had just graduated). There were only a few kids in the room, with one reading a book (nice!), a small toddler zooming around, plus the darker haired one he'd spoken to. There was also a baby screaming somewhere nearby, and Finley was glad that his new sister was at least in her toddler years. Hopefully Chadwick was actually here in this chaos, otherwise Finley was going to flee.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trying hard to fight these tears. I'm crazy worried
Messing with my head this fear I'm so sorry
You know you gotta get it out I can't take it
That's what being friends about. I want to cry I can't deny
Tonight I wanna up and hide and get inside
It isn't right I gotta live in my life
Gotta turn the world into your dance floor
Push until you can't and then demand more
You and me together, we can make it better

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:05 pm
User Image

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Fifth Year Slytherin
Quidditch Beater ✌ Dueling Club Captain

▬▬"If you don't expect to like someone and then you do, that's an incredibly exciting moment."▬▬

When Finley came into the Floo, Dominik glanced up from her book. Chadwick was supposed to be watching Dominik, and Dominik was supposed to be watching the kids, but Flick and Gottie were old enough to entertain themselves. So, she just decided that she could sit in the corner and read, if they screamed in pain she could pay attention. When the boy addressed Flick instead of Dominik, she groaned, one never knew what Flick would say.

Today, Flick was dead convinced that he was a he but that wasn’t always the case, sometimes Flick said that she was a she, and those were peaceful days in the house. Dominik hoped that Flick wouldn’t embarrass the family by saying anything related to gender identity, not everyone was comfortable with that, and Dominik didn’t want to play damage control. They had been expecting a kid around Chadwick’s age, but Dominik didn’t know anything about this guy. However, if they were friends with Chadwick, then they almost certainly wouldn’t agree with Flick’s gender fluidity.

All of Dominik’s worry came true when Flick answered Finley, "Yeah I'm Chadwick's brother, Flick. It's nice to meet you." Flick held out his hand and looked at the melted chocolate that was covering it, before hiding the hand behind his back. "Finch left us cake to eat... I took it and ate it all... don't tell Chadwick? Or Mama. I'll clean up I promise, and then I'll come back to shake your hand. Mama says you should always shake people's hands when you're introducing yourself. But my hand is messy." Dominik smiled, at least Flick had manners, even if he did already mention his gender, maybe just… Chadwick wouldn’t mention Flick being a sister and then the chaos would be avoided.

Dominik put her book on a stack of boxes that had Brook’s names written on them. Dominik was glad that Brook was moving out of the house, it meant one less person to share their room with. She moved over to Finley, ”Hi Finley. Flick, why don’t you go tell Chadwick that his friend is here?” She smiled at Flick as he took off up the stairs to the boys’ room to get Chadwick. ”Hi, I’m Dominik. Weird request, Can you not mention anything about Flick to Chadwick or Cenek? Or Mama… or just be safe and don’t mention Flick to anyone. Including Flick. Flick is a little different, and it would be great to just leave it at that.” There, Dominik had done her sisterly duty of trying to protect Flick. Of course, that’s when Flick came barreling down the stairs, hearing the part of him being different.

Flick glared at Dominik "At least I’m comfortable with who I am. And I’m not make believing that my brother is still alive even though he’s been dead for years." She stuck her tongue out at Dominik.

Dominik returned the comment with her own glare, ”That’s because he is alive. It’s a twin thing. I just know it. If you had a twin you would understand.” Of course, with the great timing that happened at the Knapp house, that was when Chadwick appeared in the room, glaring at both siblings (ugh sisters), but then laughing as Gottschalk tripped over his own feet and fell face first on the ground.

He waved to Finley, motioning him to come out of the living room chaos, but first he helped Gottschalk back on his feet, making sure the kid didn’t hurt himself. ”Hey Archer. Sorry for the disaster that is my house, but here we are. You’ve met my sisters Dominik and Flick I assume? That this little guy is Gottschalk, we call him Gottie.” Flick glared at Chadwick, and began to speak, but Dominik slapped her hand over Flick’s mouth before Flick could argue that he was Chadwick’s brother not sister. ”Sorry for not being here when you arrived, I was upstairs reading stuff and got distracted a little…. Anyways, come on. I’ll introduce you to everyone else?” Chadwick pointed out a window toward a tree, ”That kid in the tree is Erikk. And really, I guess that is everyone. Mom is gone with the baby, Henrick. Brook is out with Gus. Aldrick lives with Lizzie and their kids. Cenek is at the grandparents with Sparrow…” With that thought Chadwick stopped talking it was hard not seeing Sparrow for the first summer for their entire lives basically. He sighed and waved Finley toward the basement, it was a larger room that wasn’t usually as crazy as their bedroom. ”Come on, Dominik can watch the kids, we can hang out downstairs. Dominik, if you need me, you know where I am.”

▬▬"The real question I guess is - do I deserve you?" ▬▬

Where: Knapp house
With Whom: knapps and fin
Thinking about: too many siblings
Description: 5'7" blond teen with blue eyes
Dominik Looks like this
Flick has black hair and blue eyes

Miss GryffindorK

_____

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items