Enter a world with Merpeople & Humans 

Tags: Mermaids, Magic, Adventure, Drama, High School 

Reply A Mermaid's Tale
Suggestions Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What type of guild event do you want to see?
  It's Autumn! How about Halloween-themed one?
  A Thanksgiving event like some sort of feast would be cool.
  I don't care that it's Autumn, why not something general? (Like a festival)
  What about a Fantasy-Themed event for mermaids/other creatures?
  A variation that has been done before - A school dance or ball. (A Masquerade Ball?)
  Could we time-skip to winter or spring and do an event related to those seasons instead?
  An event that introduces Villains! Pirates and Sea-witches invade Frances shore, and people have to work together to stop them!
  Other [Please describe what it is you want]
View Results

SapphireUmbra

Dapper Vampire

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:52 am
IMPROVEMENT IDEAS

When?

Activity Checks/Day Changes:
So I've been in this guild on and off for about 2 years now.
In that time span, the day has only moved forward 2 or 3 times as far as I can remember.
Long story short, it takes months for a day change to take place.
I feel like that's WAY too long and can make the guild drag on for a very long time..
which is very..very..boring..

In other guilds, members have 2 full weeks [irl time] to do what they wish throughout an RP day.
(sometimes 3-4 weeks if members request day extensions).
Usually, when the day changes in other guilds, It will say something like:

"Oh, today is [Day of the Week, Month, #th] and it's [Weather condition here] for the [insert holiday or guild event here]".
A topic is also created in the Main forum to help people keep track if they miss the day-change announcement.
Events don't have to be every day, but some every couple days would be nice.

Guild Events:
As for guild events, I've seen a couple pop-up recently,
but there is no way anyone could have known about them unless they actually went looking for them.
Those should be announced as well.

My suggestion for an announced guild event would be a Festival or Ball.
(I think there's a strawberry festival or something? I might need to check.)
But it needs to work for characters of all ages. Not just students.

Who/What?

Characters:
I feel as though the most 'ideal' character you can play in this guild is either a mermaid or a human. All the other fantasy races, the OCs especially, get placed on the back-burner for the canon red-head mermaid bombshell just sitting and eating food in front of the TV. While on the other hand, a girl just transformed into a Fairy Dragon on the other side of town and is trying to save everybody. Oh wait, what is there for her to save people from again?

Character Arcs:
When someone makes a character,
Most of the time, an experienced writer will make them flawed and give them a dream or aspiration.
When this character gets to know others, they may express their love for something they want to do- It's fine.
But I've been seeing characters obsess over something they want in the RP.
While that's somewhat okay, it gives the reader the vibe that your character has no other hobbies or traits that makes them interesting.

I'm also seeing a lack of villains..Who is sending all these mermaids/other creatures to shore in the first place?

Canon Characters:
In the art world (where I make tons of OCs),
people don't really like the usage of canon characters in an RP unless it's an Alternate Universe (AU).
I consider this guild to be an AU of the Fantasy Film 'The Little Mermaid',
but where's Ursula? Or even other sea-witches?
Not all of these 'Sea-witches' have to be villainous either.
It's just there's no conflict for these canon characters anymore.
They just sit and look pretty.

Where?

Setting:
Suburban France.
It's not terrible, and I know this is already being done,
but why not have other worlds and places beyond France people can visit?
They're aliens in the guild for crying out loud!
Why not other planets?
I feel like a more diverse setting will allow for a more diverse story overall.

There was even another guild I was in that took place in the ocean and people could be pirates! It was awesome! Why not let their be a militia trying to fight pirates at sea? (That would also give the "Dad" characters a purpose in the guild should they choose to go fight for France against the pirates).

How?

Active Members:
My other ideas to get more active members:
    1.) Create a Thread in the "RP recruiting" forum

2.) Actually invite people you know like to RP instead of just random people.

3.) When you advertise, promise a guild event for new members so they have a chance to meet other people and characters (Follow that promise!).

4.) Make a discord server so people can better communicate out of character if they cannot access Gaia.

5.) DO NOT, AND I MEAN 'NOT' SPAM NEW MEMBERS INBOXES.
    Let them discover the guild for themselves without asking "Oh hey, what's Alexandra going to do next in the RP?"
    That's basically asking for spoilers.
    And don't fill their inbox with "I bought this and this from the store/amazon" today.
    Most people joining are probably younger (anywhere from 15-their mid to late 20s)
    They'd rather talk about how intense things are going to get to do in the RP, Like:
    "What new villain is going to try and foil my character?! I hope my character be okay! I wonder if the villian and my character could be friends one day..?"

It just seems odd to me that no one (Aside from a few people I know) Understand the thrill of a conflict in a story.
    Without conflict, it's not interesting.

Feel free to post all your suggestions in this area here too if you want.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:34 am
SapphireUmbra

Hey there! I do have a villain but helix never wanted villains to be in guilds like this. It is Gaito. He is a villain from mermaid melody. But I am not sure yet. Only been pming helix about releasing and stuff.

P.S. I do agree without you umbra!  

Miss Shadow Night
Crew

Fashionable Gaian

26,315 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

IIIustrious

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:23 am
Agreed, I'd be willing to help advertise.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:54 am
I'm welcome to allow some changes to improve the RP Guild.  

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

GuenivereOrion
Vice Captain

Blessed Friend

10,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:18 pm
I'm glad things are changing in here if you guys can get the guild cleaned up I might be alot more active but I feel like my players are not tolerate for the situation. Also delays from other rpers I have dropped my OC because I felt like she was irrelevant from the story and alot of my other characters I just made them leave france so that I could move on to something else. I will remain as my only two active players princess peach and Queen Athena until I can see a few more improvements  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:30 pm
I'm down, but everytime I make something I lose interest pretty quick.
I think a festival for new members is clever, though.  

Luminiss

Savania Shadowspawn

Sparkly Star

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:39 pm
Wow, this thing is still going?
Thanks for the re-invite. I kinda remember an older version of the guild and helping start that out.

I think I made one of the first OCs back when it was more active.
here

Ironically, her name was Alexandra. My RP skills were terrible back then, but I do remember her working at a restaurant as some kind of waitress. She screamed a lot as far as I remember because the place was apparently always chaotic.

If these changes really are happening, I'd be more than willing to revive this character. Not sure if I'll keep her the same age or have her be a little older in this guild. One thing I'd really like to see is a love-story between her and somebody else.

I actually read the RP Shadow Night and Starlotte did in a different guild, and that was pretty awesome. Maybe something like that would be cool.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:44 pm
Miss Shadow Night

Hey there! I do have a villain but helix never wanted villains to be in guilds like this. It is Gaito. He is a villain from mermaid melody. But I am not sure yet. Only been pming helix about releasing and stuff.

P.S. I do agree without you umbra!

Cool, As I've said, I don't really mind canon characters as long as they arent a hindrance. Guienivere made a point that her characters didn't feel relevant and I wanted to fix that.

IIIustrious
Agreed, I'd be willing to help advertise.

Nice. I'm more than open to accept help.

AnimusHelixRebirth
I'm welcome to allow some changes to improve the RP Guild.

Awesome! This is definitely more positive feedback than I expected. Half of me felt like I was going to get demoted or kicked for posting suggestions, but I felt like it was about time to do so for the better of everyone. I'm glad you're okay with it.

GuenivereOrion
I'm glad things are changing in here if you guys can get the guild cleaned up I might be alot more active but I feel like my players are not tolerate for the situation. Also delays from other rpers I have dropped my OC because I felt like she was irrelevant from the story and alot of my other characters I just made them leave france so that I could move on to something else. I will remain as my only two active players princess peach and Queen Athena until I can see a few more improvements

That's completely fine. A lot of other people are in the same boat. I've been having trouble getting my characters involves, so No worries ^-^ I'm going to try and find some people who can help us out.

Luminiss
I'm down, but everytime I make something I lose interest pretty quick.
I think a festival for new members is clever, though.

Yeah, the beach starting-area (especially when you have multiple characters) can get repetitive. I feel like there should be multiple options for a character to start since not all supernatural beings (or even humans) come from the ocean.

Savania Shadowspawn
Wow, this thing is still going?
Thanks for the re-invite. I kinda remember an older version of the guild and helping start that out.

I think I made one of the first OCs back when it was more active.
here

Ironically, her name was Alexandra. My RP skills were terrible back then, but I do remember her working at a restaurant as some kind of waitress. She screamed a lot as far as I remember because the place was apparently always chaotic.

If these changes really are happening, I'd be more than willing to revive this character. Not sure if I'll keep her the same age or have her be a little older in this guild. One thing I'd really like to see is a love-story between her and somebody else.

I actually read the RP Shadow Night and Starlotte did in a different guild, and that was pretty awesome. Maybe something like that would be cool.

Wow, so you really did make the first ever character?
I think I have seen you around before, and you've definitely improved.
If you wanted, I'm actually thinking about making a new character. Maybe they could be your character's love interest?

SapphireUmbra

Dapper Vampire

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Miss Shadow Night
Crew

Fashionable Gaian

26,315 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:10 pm
SapphireUmbra

IIIustrious

AnimusHelixRebirth

GuenivereOrion

Luminiss

Savania Shadowspawn

Starlotte

Yay! I will have to release some of my characters to make new ones. But just one thing. I have at least two aliens. They are not mermaids. They are both nice and caring but the thing is that I have one evil person from mermaid melody. I could change somethings in the bio about him to make him evil, but I do feel kinda weird if I don’t have anyone with me to be evil. But you know in the guild home page. Well we might have to change things around too. Like make it to something that is not just about Triton and his family. But like change it to something new home page. But there are so many topics and thread in the guild that is even using. So I was wondering if we can reuse those and make it something different. I mean like in a way to bump up the intense. This guild does have over a 100 people but mostly just only about less then 30 people RP in the guild. I mean like people just join and don’t post a thing. Just only introduced yourself and that was it. No post or anything from them. I know irl is important, but those people been in the guild for a long time. So I was hoping at least to make the changes and to make things better. As for my characters, I will be releasing lots of them, because my hands are full at time. So I will name at least a few as of now but I can do things the very best that I can.

Here is my other problems:

You guys know in guilds right? Well here is my other problems.
Family characters, well it is hard to explain in a way, but I hope that I can say it.

As the parents characters, like in a way to say this is. In a family being both mom and dad is sort of weird because we won’t be able to inter act with feelings. So I was wondering if we can have a rule about it? Like just be the mom or just be the dad. Like only one parent but ask someone to do it. But if they don’t want to do it then don’t make them do it. Like just ask if they want to do it. Like me and animushelixrebirth have about a few families that are both mom and dad but it is hard to like talk but with no feeling because like in a way that won’t talk much.

Another problem is that teachers. We do or might not need teachers but in a way that we do need more teachers to like to teach classes.

Another problem is the events. I did change a forum to become cultural event like if getting married or anything fun. But somethings in the forums are made.

We do need more islands because mermaids or merman will travel. It depends on you guys if you guys want to add ships in the mix. But it going to have battling in it too if we have evil in it. From my guild The World of Adventure, there is evil and things. As of now starlotte is watching it because I have problems in school, but I can still have lots of time get on here to RP. I am active in post, but at times I have to be offline.

Another problem is that if there mermaids or merman well at least that there should other creatures in the guild too. If it just merfolks and fairies then it won’t be as fun at all. So there should be other things that need to be add into the guild.

Of course that if evil is coming into the mix then there should fighting, but NO KILLING JUST INJURIES!

So yep should like that but hey this all my thoughts! Please don’t go off on me, because this is only my thoughts from what I am thinking. I will release my characters not all but some.

P.S. yes I know and so sorry for the long paragraph! There might be other things that I might bring it up, too.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:21 pm
Miss Shadow Night

Well, I just read the first Episode of the RP I did in the old Mermaid's tale guild and I found out that Rina Toin is apparently Alexandra's sister? I'm writing Alexandra as an 18-year-old rather than someone whose 15, and in her backstory, I'll probably include some things from the Old RP (her past).

I do believe Rina is from mermaid melody as well just like Gaito so maybe there could be some conflict there if he's supposed to be the villian? Especially if he finds out about Alexandra. (I'm not sure who plays Rina so I might have to ask about Alexandra being related to her.)  

Savania Shadowspawn

Sparkly Star

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Timid 100

Miss Shadow Night
Crew

Fashionable Gaian

26,315 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:24 pm
Savania Shadowspawn
Miss Shadow Night

Well, I just read the first Episode of the RP I did in the old Mermaid's tale guild and I found out that Rina Toin is apparently Alexandra's sister? I'm writing Alexandra as an 18-year-old rather than someone whose 15, and in her backstory, I'll probably include some things from the Old RP (her past).

I do believe Rina is from mermaid melody as well just like Gaito so maybe there could be some conflict there if he's supposed to be the villian? Especially if he finds out about Alexandra. (I'm not sure who plays Rina so I might have to ask about Alexandra being related to her.)

Oh Rina toin is from mermaid melody. Rina was my character, but I can get her back to be mine because no one really wanted her. Yes Gaito is evil but helix only wanted good not evil. So I will have to change him.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:24 pm
Miss Shadow Night

So your saying with the people that are married and have children they need to have more edepth behind their relationships? If so I can explain any easy fix for you pm all the people who are your partners and you two need to find the approriate relationship that your characters would have towards one another whether its formal or even extremely lovey dovey that way it wont seem akward or hard for your character to interact with their significant other.  

GuenivereOrion
Vice Captain

Blessed Friend

10,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hygienic 200

Miss Shadow Night
Crew

Fashionable Gaian

26,315 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:29 pm
GuenivereOrion
Miss Shadow Night

So your saying with the people that are married and have children they need to have more edepth behind their relationships? If so I can explain any easy fix for you pm all the people who are your partners and you two need to find the approriate relationship that your characters would have towards one another whether its formal or even extremely lovey dovey that way it wont seem akward or hard for your character to interact with their significant other.

In a way your right on the money. not too much above kiss or hug. Because one person just only have both parents as their characters then they will not inter act much only if someone is the mother or the father. It is just a though. In a way that it works out for every if they are planning on doing anything love.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:38 pm
Miss Shadow Night
GuenivereOrion
Miss Shadow Night

In a way your right on the money. not too much above kiss or hug. Because one person just only have both parents as their characters then they will not inter act much only if someone is the mother or the father. It is just a though. In a way that it works out for every if they are planning on doing anything love.

Well that does make it easier when it is two different people unless someone is used to playing a couple all the time and has been doing it for awhile. But I mean I think we should get a list of all the parents that are actual parents in the rp see who is playing whom and get everyone at least playing 1 of the parents unless that person would like to keep their characters I dont wanna take anyone away from their characters. And like I suggested pm and discuss the relationship these parents already have with one another they are suppose to already have established actual relationships and have grown up and raised children together they should have some kind of martial relationship together. having been married myself to my own husband for 5 years now I know marriage isn't just acting like your meeting each other for the first time. You both have a history together and know one another in great depth so its good to find out important information about your partner.  

GuenivereOrion
Vice Captain

Blessed Friend

10,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hygienic 200

Miss Shadow Night
Crew

Fashionable Gaian

26,315 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:40 pm
GuenivereOrion
Miss Shadow Night
GuenivereOrion
Miss Shadow Night

Well that does make it easier when it is two different people unless someone is used to playing a couple all the time and has been doing it for awhile. But I mean I think we should get a list of all the parents that are actual parents in the rp see who is playing whom and get everyone at least playing 1 of the parents unless that person would like to keep their characters I dont wanna take anyone away from their characters. And like I suggested pm and discuss the relationship these parents already have with one another they are suppose to already have established actual relationships and have grown up and raised children together they should have some kind of martial relationship together. having been married myself to my own husband for 5 years now I know marriage isn't just acting like your meeting each other for the first time. You both have a history together and know one another in great depth so its good to find out important information about your partner.

Pm is great too. So what else do you think about the thoughts?  
A Mermaid's Tale

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff